Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed (34045 Views)

Kenyan Woman Poisons Her 2 Kids To Death, Stabs Herself After Separation / “I Saw My Son & Daughter Attack Me With A Knife" - Woman Who Killed Her 2 Kids / Father Kills His 2 Kids After He Caught Their Mother Having Sex In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by J2381: 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
URblogger:
23 severely burnt, 2 kids killed in Wednesday’s gas explosion that rocked Aduke street, Ajegunle, Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ6zQkAf1Kg
what's the cause of the explosion?
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by chloride6: 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
When will Sanwo Olu have enough sense to ban people selling gas in shops?

Never..

He is busying pointing to the roads he would have loved to fix if he wasnt sending all the money to Ikoyi.

1 Like

Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by mctfopt: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
Nvc078:
Why not use firewood?

Firewood is a health hazard, users run the risk to develop chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, asthma and contract tissue damage.

1 Like

Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Nvc078: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
mctfopt:

Firewood is a health hazard, users run the risk to develop chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, asthma and contract tissue damage.
Really?...a thousand ways to die
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2019
cry
Oh no disaster strikes again.
Let's all be extra careful this season, activities are much plus the dry atmosphere , it doesn't take much to start a fire now and the environmental conditions are just perfect for it to spread and inflict Max damage.
Y'all be careful out there,our families want us around especially this festive period.
These poor victims might just be spending Christmas in the hospital cry
Get well soon,a burn is not a wound anyone would want to heal from cry
RIP to the fallen.
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by UrVillagePpl: 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
God please save us
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by BeStroNG(m): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
God help us. I just have this natural phobia for gas cylinder.
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 28, 2019
improper use of gas cylinders is what mostly causes gas explosions in most nigerian homes
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Theboss100(m): 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
Lagos is increasingly becoming a very safe place to live without fear of building collapse, market fire and gas explosion, thuggery, jungle justice etc. Infact u cannot hear any negative report 4rm lagos. But here in PH, All the above mention happens everyday. Very dangerous place to live.

Some people (bigots) are so stupid to think that bad thing is only associated with a particular place or region forgetting we are in a very perilous time. Only GOD Can save and nothing more. I sympathise with those that lost their lives. Quick recovery to the injured ones.
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2019
If not explosion �, it will be fire �.

Why all these havoc.

Sovereign God, it is time you govern this country.
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by ChimGod: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2019
This is really a sad news... I wish them quick recovery :

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Passionate888: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2019
Lagos and disasters sef..
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by raphy(m): 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2019
So the witches have gone to aj this ember season to cus disaster ...

God pass them o...so na little children they target now...
And that poor area seems to be well know to me during my touring days playing grasroot football in ajegunle.

God save ur children amen.
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by DarkJeddi(m): 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
Offpoint:
Had a dream about gas explosion and I woke up to this
Hmmm.. sad
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Rolex66: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
I wish them speedy recovery.

As a child, I did a lot of crazy things with our gas cooker. Stuff like igniting one of the cookers with flames from the burner that is already burning. I'll simply turn the knob on without striking a matchstick and allow the gas escaping from the inactive burner to connect with the flame on an active burner.

I was crazy and would have been charred but mercy said no.
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by MrCork: 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2019
URblogger:
23 severely burnt, 2 kids killed in Wednesday’s gas explosion that rocked Aduke street, Ajegunle, Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ6zQkAf1Kg

angry
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by MrCork: 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
..any Nice lightskin chick in this place?...let's talk! smiley
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by NGRsenate: 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
The heat

I think the hot weather is the culprit.

These fires started when the weather started getting unbearably hot.
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Timozo1(m): 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2019
mctfopt:
HSE is very important.

Observe the simple rules, do not light up a match if you perceive leaking gas. The smell test can save lives.

Also, avoid placing gas cylinders near source of heat.

Buy genuine gas cylinder and gas regulator.

Don't fill up gas in shady plants.

Do not overfill your cylinder. I know awoof dey sweet but keep to the recommended gauge for your cylinder.

Lastly ensure adequate air circulation in areas where gas are kept.

I've used cooking gas since I was a toddler, I'm still here with zero wahala. Cooking gas are safe. Just obey the rules.

Here's wishing the wounded quick recovery.

In addition to this, do not put on the gas before striking a match

Do not switch on the kitchen light first thing on entrance. Open your windows first and then smell for gas leakage before flipping the switch.

No use of phones in the kitchen.

For those with dual functions. Do not use electricity and gas at the same time.

Be safety conscious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
So saddening and terrible news. May God heal them ooo
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Nuliberry: 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2019
May God comfort d bereaved.
Quite a pity.
To those hospitalised....quick recovery
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by onegig(m): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
mctfopt:
HSE is very important.

Observe the simple rules, do not light up a match if you perceive leaking gas. The smell test can save lives.

Also, avoid placing gas cylinders near source of heat.

Buy genuine gas cylinder and gas regulator.

Don't fill up gas in shady plants.

Do not overfill your cylinder. I know awoof dey sweet but keep to the recommended gauge for your cylinder.

Lastly ensure adequate air circulation in areas where gas are kept.

I've used cooking gas since I was a toddler, I'm still here with zero wahala. Cooking gas are safe. Just obey the rules.

Here's wishing the wounded quick recovery.

I heard someone complaining about him changing gas suppliers as it seems that most of them don't add Ethyl Mercaptan anymore because they are trying to cut corners or so. Ethyl Mercaptan is what makes cooking gas smell so as to make it easier to detect a leak.

In the Nigeria of today, I don't think that's impossible.
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by maasoap(m): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
SaintHilary:
Lets all be careful with this gas of a thing cus i think carelessness and "i dont care" attitude is the major cause of all this

Sumtimes when i see the Cylinders of some people when i go to fill gas, you just cant help but wonder if they bought those cylinders or picked it at the junkyard

RIP to the kids

My 12.5kg cylinder will due for inspection July 2020. Gas attendant said that it could still go for new. We just need to be extra careful
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2019
ijewejones:
Please God,

We understand that natural disasters do happen & we know bad things doesn't come from You. Help us by waving unforseen disasters from us all(Nairalanders),our family,friends & relatives. Grant us long life,money to foot our bills,etc.

Heal those affected,console the family of those that lost their love ones,quick recovery to those affected & make the rest of our days splendid..(can't say all) but I know You've answered all...

Amen!!!
Amennnnnn!!!!

1 Like

Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by maasoap(m): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
Timozo1:

Do not switch on the kitchen light first thing on entrance. Open your windows first and then smell for gas leakage before flipping the switch.

We opened our kitchen's window permanently, that's the rule since there is burglary there.

Be safety conscious.

That's a myth!

1 Like

Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by adekhingz(m): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2019
Timozo1:

Be safety conscious.

Stove needs no such rule. My Ex (or present **confused about her status**) girl told me I'm a local guy cos she saw me with a stove. I just feel kerosene is more tolerant.
I wish quick recovery to the victims

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by EgunMogaji2: 3:44am On Nov 29, 2019
englishmart:
Very wrong time to be a Nigerian cry

It’s a very good time to be a Nigerian.
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Jabioro: 4:15am On Nov 29, 2019
chloride6:
When will Sanwo Olu have enough sense to ban people selling gas in shops?

Never..

He is busying pointing to the roads he would have loved to fix if he wasnt sending all the money to Ikoyi.

It is not his area of ruling.. except he would give executive order.. NNPC/DPR safety regulatory duty..
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by chloride6: 6:32am On Nov 29, 2019
Jabioro:
It is not his area of ruling.. except he would give executive order.. NNPC/DPR safety regulatory duty..

The use of shops is within his purview...

The sale of Gas is not..

He cant stop you from selling gas but he can stop you from using a shop from it's intended purposes..
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 29, 2019
2 killed?

Plenty people died in this explosion....
Both Children and Adults.

It was a horrible sight
Re: Aduke Gas Explosion In Lagos: 23 Burnt, 2 Kids Killed by Sunnyobums: 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2019
Adanairaland:
2 killed?
Plenty people died in this explosion.... Both Children and Adults.

It was a horrible sight
how did it happen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Goes Missing After Receiving Phone Call In Calabar (Photo) / Soldiers Beat Man To Death In Awka On Father's Order Over Choice Of Wife / Saheed Arogundade Sentenced To Death For Killing A Policeman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.