Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG (22537 Views)

FG Proposed Meter Price Takes Effect From Tomorrow / Sowore: For Revealing That Abba Kyari Has Coronavirus Buhari Regime To Detain Me / Public Finance Bill: 10 Things You Should Know About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by paix(m): 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2019
lonelydora:
Na only tax tax this FG sabi.
Are you not happy that this regime will at least fulfill a promise?

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by chukwuibuipob: 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by paix(m): 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2019
Nvc078:
A government that only cares about what the people can do for her. I pity the condition of many Nigerians by this ti me next year...this is what " next level" entails
They promised next level and you garrit.

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by anonymous1759(m): 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
Achuwa1:

That is the reward you get from PMB govt that crashed our economy into recession,increased unemployment level, increased poverty level,made many of our youth to live on nairabet,surebet,goalnaija for survivale & made the country now a laughing stock at the international community.

Most you mention the international community??
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
we will not pay you to finance illegal immigrants from chad , Mali , Niger and Senegal

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by smileyoo: 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2019
as if they 'll use it for national development. nigerians must insist the govt sincerely fight corruption before implementation of any new tax regime. what's up with this govt: claimed to 've recovered so much loots, yet borrowed so much, now taxing the hell out of the citizens, all these without much developments to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by lereinter(m): 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2019
lonelydora:
Na only tax tax this FG sabi.

Only buharist will be exempted

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by edoairways: 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2019
voltron14:
All of you complaining about tax should suggest how government should generate money.
Broadened the tax base by capturing more persons to the tax net. Increasing tax rate would increase tax evasion and tax avoidance. The informal sector hasn't been captured fully in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Tchange1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
Those who voted for this govt shouldn't complain but instead tell me what you all saw in APC before voting?

Am listening .......................

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by teelaw4life(m): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
Yemisi5:
by the time Buhari is done with this country
even suya and dead barbecue sellers will be forced to eat their own dead meat

worst president since mankind

grin grin grin

Person wey get this sub though.

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Ideyontop: 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
Nigerians need to wake up. We are pushed to the wall. E don do!

2 Likes

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by mechanics(m): 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:
Minimum wage, you have not started implementation, New Tax law proposal has not been passed by the national assembly, but the day of implementation is already known and has been announced. That is our own kind of democracy.
it's well.
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Awe4luv(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2019
they are not saying anything about npower volunteers stipend since October these people have not been paid....no tangible reason as to y

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Doctordogood(m): 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:
Minimum wage, you have not started implementation, New Tax law proposal has not been passed by the national assembly, but the day of implementation is already known and has been announced. That is our own kind of democracy.
. ....... And that is known as DEMON CRAZY!!!!
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Dee60: 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:

It is a monarchial democracy that thrives on nepotism and backward power structure. If you put a monkey as president today, our politicians will worship it!
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Difrent: 6:28am On Nov 29, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:
[b]Minimum wage, you have not started implementation, [/b]New Tax law proposal has not been passed by the national assembly, but the day of implementation is already known and has been announced. That is our own kind of democracy.

Minimum wage implementation has started, stop misinforming people.
What's wrong with knowing the date implementation of the proposed tax will begin? Don't tell me it's only in Nigeria that such happens because that will be very foolish statement,.....
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Zooposki(f): 7:45am On Nov 29, 2019
They should make political appointments unattractive by reducing the salaries etc etc. Who wants to pay tax and all the monies is paid to Tinubu, Saraki, Jonathan, Buhari etc etc. as salaries, pensions and allowances or to our greedy law makers.
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by LANRYUS(m): 7:48am On Nov 29, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:

The New Tax Law is one of the best gift of this administration.

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Remii(m): 11:04am On Nov 29, 2019
RonaldoVido:
If you pay tax on your salary, it's okay.

But I pity business men who are not importers who pay tax in Nigeria. What are you selling to cover your Tax, opex and capex ?
if they are businessmen, they will work all expenses into business model before determining the rate they give you, but its tough I must agree with you, reason why many start ups die after few years.
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2019
Paying taxes for services never rendered by the govt = stealing.
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Ibegtodiffer: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
Difrent:

Minimum wage implementation has started, stop misinforming people.
What's wrong with knowing the date implementation of the proposed tax will begin? Don't tell me it's only in Nigeria that such happens because that will be very foolish statement,.....
Typical of Buharists. Take deception and insult out of their responses and nothing would be left.
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Difrent: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:

Typical of Buharists. Take deception and insult out of their responses and nothing would be left.
What deception?
Oh I forgot any good news about this government is bad news to you people. Enjoy your sorrows and misery
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Ibegtodiffer: 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2019
Difrent:

What deception?
Oh I forgot any good news about this government is bad news to you people. Enjoy your sorrows and misery
... about 4 months on nairaland., suggestive of the fact that you're either a new recruit, or a user of a decoy alternative page..
This is the reason I won't gratify you with a response anymore.

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Difrent: 4:18am On Nov 30, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:

... about 4 months on nairaland., suggestive of the fact that you're either a new recruit, or a user of a decoy alternative page..
This is the reason I won't gratify you with a response anymore.

Hahahahahahahha � � � �
After hitting you HARD with the truth and exposing your fake ass,the only thing you could do is check my profile??....thats petty.

I give up, you were really tutored well by Wendell simlin......

But be warned, we are watching you nairaland is no playground for kids
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Difrent: 4:22am On Nov 30, 2019
@ibegtodiffer
Get some brains, don't be a troll programmed to condemn anything about Buhari, I've warned your predecessors to this disgraceful role of defending PDP and it's looting members and I'm warning you now, stay away from my moniker.
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Ibegtodiffer: 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2019
Difrent:
@ibegtodiffer
Get some brains, don't be a troll programmed to condemn anything about Buhari, I've warned your predecessors to this disgraceful role of defending PDP and it's looting members and I'm warning you now, stay away from my moniker.
See how you are talking plenty! To you, every conversation is about Buhari. Bring up logical position on the subject matter, you're talking PDP, APC.
As for your moniker, it's public knowledge. Its like getting offended because someone searched your name on Facebook. Some people may think you're acting stupid, you know!
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Difrent: 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:

See how you are talking plenty! To you, every conversation is about Buhari. Bring up logical position on the subject matter, you're talking PDP, APC.
As for your moniker, it's public knowledge. Its like getting offended because someone searched your name on Facebook. Some people may think you're acting stupid, you know!

Only stupid fools just go searching people's name up
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Xuxu208: 6:51am On Feb 05, 2020
RonaldoVido:
If you pay tax on your salary, it's okay.

But I pity business men who are not importers who pay tax in Nigeria. What are you selling to cover your Tax, opex and capex ?

Why is it even ok to pay tax at all? What are all the taxes being collected used for? In saner environments, citizens can see and benefit from the taxes they pay; free Primary, secondary, & tertiary (in some Europeans countries) education, good roads, 24/7 electricity. good health care services, social welfare net, etc. What do Nigerians get from the taxes they?

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Xuxu208: 6:55am On Feb 05, 2020
tot:

Most foreign businesses have exited already. Nigeria is a tough environment to do business in, coupled with the immense corruption at all levels including among citizens.

PDP = APC, so really makes no difference.

Well said!
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Citytrend: 7:02am On Feb 05, 2020
It's well
Re: Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG by Xuxu208: 7:03am On Feb 05, 2020
voltron14:
All of you complaining about tax should suggest how government should generate money.

They can do the following

1. Keep track of how much oil is being taken out every day from this country and ensure they get paid for every single drop of it! (Isn't shocking in this day and age that the government cannot/will not/chooses not to do this)
2. Repatriate all stolen funds in the west and within Nigeria (they should fund a global media campaign to name and shame every single country and entity in the world holding onto our money)

But they are not going to do that because virtually every single person in government is involved in the above activities ......SMH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Youth Investment Program Receives Over One Million Applications / Tinubu Sets Up Special Panel To Probe N-Power, Others / Ajimobi To Shut Down 22 Private Radio Stations In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.