Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? (1156 Views)

Oyedepo: I Love All Ministers But I Am Not A Friend To Every Minister / A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? / Leke Adeboye Denies Osun Election Comment: 'Na Lie, I Checked If I Was Hacked' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2019
YOU THINK SAY NA BEANS TO BE A FRIEND OF GOD?

Whenever I hear people passionately singing the song, "I am a friend of God.....He calls me friend", it amuses me so much and gets me shaking my head, that people think that just because God called someone else "My friend" in the Bible, means that He called them "friend", but little do they know that to be a friend of God no be beans.

And this is not at all because God has any problem with man who He formed out of dust in the beginning, becoming His friend, for if it was up to God alone, all men would be His friends, and He showed that when He called some mortal men, His friends in the Bible.

But the problem is man doing what it requires to become a friend of God, for na there wey the matter tie serious wrapper.

This can be drawn from the lives of men whom God called His friends in the Bible, and one of them was a man called Abraham.

Isaiah 41:8 (KJV)

8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

So Abraham was a friend of God, not because God called someone else His friend and Abraham started claiming it for himself, but Abraham was a friend of God because God Himself called him "My friend!

And this took place long after Abraham had died to prove that Abraham had left a lasting impression on God before he died, for God to yet remember him and still call him His friend.

To find out why God would called Abraham His friend, would require going back to Abraham's walk with God while he was still alive, and this was where it all began:

Genesis 12:1-4 (KJV)

1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

From the above passage it could be observed the difficult thing that God had asked Abraham to do, however it was said that Abraham departed as God had instructed him.

That set the tone for Abraham's remarkable walk with God that would make him to become a friend of God, as Abraham continued on that path of obedience he started with throughout his walk with God, but this was what clinched it for him:

Genesis 22:1-6, 9-12, 15-18 (KJV)

1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.
5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.

9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

15 And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Now from God's first response to Abraham's obedience on this occasion at first bolded, it showed God was not yet satisfied with the level of Abraham walk with Him prior to that.

Therefore with Abraham's obedience, God finally achieved what was yet lacking in Abraham's walk with Him, which was the lack of doubt, as Abraham had now come to the point in his walk with God where God had no doubts about him.

That was the moment that marked his graduation from being just a servant of God to a friend of God.

And this was illustrated by the sudden change of God's tone towards him, because when God starts swearing by Himself when speaking to a mortal man, that is God speaking to His friend.

But this is what people want to claim for themselves just like that because they saw somewhere in the Bible where God called Abraham "My friend", not knowing that before Abraham could become a friend of God, no be beans.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
Jesus was also observed to have called His disciples "My friends" in the Bible, and that could serve as another instance of God calling mortal men His friends since Jesus was His only begotten Son.

Luke 12:4 (KJV)

4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

John 15:15 (KJV)

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

But this was how the disciples became His friends:

John 15:14 (KJV)

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Luke 22:28 (KJV)

28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

So they didn't become the friend of God because of God called Abraham His friend, but they had to do what Abraham did, which was to obey God's Word to that extent, for them to also become friends of God.

John 17:6 (KJV)

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

And considering all they had to go through for the sake of Jesus and His Gospel, showed why Jesus called them "My friends".

Therefore for those who think they're friends of God, just because God called someone else His friends, they should hence know that to become a friend of God, no be beans.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2019
This is a generation when people are looking for short cuts to heaven, and no longer want to work for God because think they can just do whatever they like and still be saved at the end.

Hence it's not a surprise if they think say na beans to be a friend of God.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2019
Even for beans sef to don, no be beans.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 01, 2019
E no dey easy oh, but with God all things are possible.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 7:59am On Dec 01, 2019
Let me oblige you...

Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 01, 2019
sonmvayina:
Let me oblige you...
With the lies of the devil's court?

The devil obviously hates friends of God for sure, because they pose the greatest threat to his works on Earth.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2019
jesusjnr:
With the lies of the devil's court?

The devil obviously hates friends of God for sure, because they pose the greatest threat to his works on Earth.

This your delusions is legendary... For the last time the devil does not exist.. When you do good, God blesses you, when you do evil he punishes you.. God is responsible for everything.. Light and darkness, Good and evil, peace and disaster.. There is no separate God for both.. Isaiah 45 :7

That is why it is called a universe as oppose to a duoverse or biverse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 01, 2019
sonmvayina:

Thus your delusions is legendary... For the last time the devil does not exist.. When you do good, God blesses you, when you do evil he punishes you.. God is responsible for everything.. Light and darkness, Good and evil, peace and disaster.. There is no separate God for both.. Isaiah 45 :7
Hahahahhahahahahahahahah!

I'm laughing at the devil foolishness which is displayed through his vessel who thinks I should expect anything from him except lies.

If the devil speaks the truth, I would be surprised.

The devil also quotes scriptures so no surprises there.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 8:22am On Dec 01, 2019
jesusjnr:
Hahahahhahahahahahahahah!

I'm laughing at the devil foolishness which is displayed through his vessel who thinks I should expect anything from him except lies.

If the devil speaks the truth, I would be surprised.

The devil also quotes scriptures so no surprises there.

It is only a matter of time... When your time comes you will wake up and know the truth.. And be set free, but before the truth set you free, it will first of all piss you off
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2019
sonmvayina:

It is only a matter of time... When your time comes you will wake up and know the truth.. And be set free, but before the truth set you free, it will first of all piss you off
I wait for the day you'd repent from you demonic ways, for even the satanists could also repent.

Satan has no friends, he would only use and when he's through with you, he'd dump you like an old habit.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2019
This one no be by Abraham's blessings are mine.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 03, 2019
To be a friend of God no be beans.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2019
Exodus 33:11 (KJV)

11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
jesusjnr:
Exodus 33:11 (KJV)

11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
That was another friend of God right there and if you ask him how he became one he would tell you say no be beans.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 07, 2019
Are you truly a friend of God?
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 08, 2019
jesusjnr:
Are you truly a friend of God?
If you have given God as much as those God Himself called "My friends" did, then there's a good chance you're a friend of God.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Lightangel65: 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
It's not beans, but you know I don't think God cares about how perfect you are, just believe in him, and you find internal life
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2019
Lightangel65:
It's not beans, but you know I don't think God cares about how perfect you are, just believe in him, and you find internal life
Who told you that God doesn't care? He cares oh because He is perfect, and it brings Him the most glory when we his creations are perfect as He is.

Matthew 5:48 (KJV)

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

God bless.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Lightangel65: 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
jesusjnr:
Who told you that God doesn't care? He cares oh because He is perfect, and it brings Him the most glory when we his creations are perfect as He is.

Matthew 5:48 (KJV)

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

God bless.
What is perfection, if you are a Christian you must have read the books written by Paul. The perfection you think of is trash before God. No one can be perfect except through believing in Jesus. Paul said in Romans that believing in God is sharing in one death and resurrection as him means we can't be held bound by laws of this world, we are dead to sin, for without the law there is no sin.
Read Romans, and Corinthians again

1 Like

Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
Lightangel65:

What is perfection, if you are a Christian you must have read the books written by Paul. The perfection you think of is trash before God. No one can be perfect except through believing in Jesus. Paul said in Romans that believing in God is sharing in one death and resurrection as him means we can't be held bound by laws of this world, we are dead to sin, for without the law there is no sin.
Read Romans, and Corinthians again
I just hope you're actually listening to yourself.

Jesus the only begotten Son of God said that we should be perfect because God is perfect, yet you're saying that being perfect Is trash to God. If it is trash to God as you claim, why would Jesus still command such of men?

Or are you saying that it is up to man (Paul) and not God to determine what is trash to God and not God Himself?

That's one big problem Christians have today, they override what God Himself says because of what men say.

So being perfect was trash before God and yet God would proudly showcase Job to Satan because he was a perfect man before Him?

Job 1:8 (KJV)

8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Take note, this wasn't man speaking but God Himself to whom you said such perfection is trash.

However you can choose to ignore what God Himself says because of what man says, but I choose to stick with what God Himself showed here which was corroborated by His only begotten Son Jesus, that man being perfect as God is means a lot to God, because it brings Him more glory.

God bless.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Lightangel65: 8:59am On Dec 10, 2019
jesusjnr:
I just hope you're actually listening to yourself.

Jesus the only begotten Son of God said that we should be perfect because God is perfect, yet you're saying that being perfect Is trash to God. If it is trash to God as you claim, why would Jesus still command such of men?

Or are you saying that it is up to man (Paul) and not God to determine what is trash to God and not God Himself?

That's one big problem Christians have today, they override what God Himself says because of what men say.

So being perfect was trash before God and yet God would proudly showcase Job to Satan because he was a perfect man before Him?

Job 1:8 (KJV)

8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Take note, this wasn't man speaking but God Himself to whom you said such perfection is trash.

However you can choose to ignore what God Himself says because of what man says, but I choose to stick with what God Himself showed here which was corroborated by His only begotten Son Jesus, that man being perfect as God is means a lot to God, because it brings Him more glory.

God bless.

Jesus rebuked the pharasees in the Bible beacuse why? because they think perfection will give them eternal life. And why did he say to them that the harlots and tax collectors will enter heaven before them. You can't judge anyone you aren't acting like a Christian, you act like christanity is a cult. We should strive towards perfection but know that no one can be perfect or else why would Jesus die for us. Through his death our sins are forgiven. This act is the reason why there are so many atheists. Only God judges not man, what you see as perfection, might not be what God sees. John3:16 you know that verse, and the other one "believe in you heart and confess with you tongue then you shall be saved". You won't be saved by perfection but by believing in God. Plain

1 Like

Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2019
Lightangel65:

Jesus rebuked the pharasees in the Bible beacuse why? because they think perfection will give them eternal life. And why did he say to them that the harlots and tax collectors will enter heaven before them. You can't judge anyone you aren't acting like a Christian, you act like christanity is a cult. We should strive towards perfection but know that no one can be perfect or else why would Jesus die for us. Through his death our sins are forgiven. This act is the reason why there are so many atheists. Only God judges not man, what you see as perfection, might not be what God sees. John3:16 you know that verse, and the other one "believe in you heart and confess with you tongue then you shall be saved". You won't be saved by perfection but by believing in God. Plain
Whatever perfection means to God, I have already used His own Words and the Words of His only begotten Son Jesus to thrash your idea that man being perfect Is thrash to God.

I could have said more but from what you've said thus far, I already sense that it would be of no use since you're obviously one of those of the school of Paul's teachings who believe that believing in God doesn't include works, even though that clearly goes contrary to the teachings of Jesus.

So you can believe in Jesus without works if you like, but be ready to face the implications of that when you appear before Jesus who said:

Matthew 16:27 (KJV)

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by CodeTemplar: 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2019
I am sure if somebody on this thread was alive in Abraham's time, he would have castigated Abraham as mammon worshipper, a modern day Pharisee and a spiritually bankrupt fellow.

He would have labelled Abraham's trained army a luxury Jesus couldn't afford.

I pity people who take such fellow seriously.

1 Like

Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Lightangel65: 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
jesusjnr:
Whatever perfection means to God, I have already used His own Words and the Words of His only begotten Son Jesus to thrash your idea that man being perfect Is thrash to God.

I could have said more but from what you've said thus far, I already sense that it would be of no use since you're obviously one of those of the school of Paul's teachings who believe that believing in God doesn't include works, even though that clearly goes contrary to the teachings of Jesus.

So you can believe in Jesus without works if you like, but be ready to face the implications of that when you appear before Jesus who said:

Matthew 16:27 (KJV)

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

You are deviating from the topic. am not arguing about works. But about if you must be perfect to enter heaven
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
Lightangel65:

You are deviating from the topic. am not arguing about works. But about if you must be perfect to enter heaven

I never said any one perfect wouldn't make heaven, but that being perfect brings the greatest glory to God, and used God own saying and that of Jesus His Son to back it up.

I believe someone can make it to heaven without being perfect, but that isn't God's Will for man, for God's Will for man is that man be perfect as He is. This was why Jesus yet said this to the rich young man who had already done what was required for him to make heaven:

"If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." {Matthew 19:21 (KJV)}

Because that is the Will of God for every man, and it's the same thing that God said to Abraham:

"I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect." {Genesis 17:1 (KJV)}

That was also what Jesus said to His disciples in that other instance I mentioned earlier, which was what they did that made them to become a friends of God, but the man who could do what Jesus said would make him to have eternal life, could not do what would make him perfect and to become a friend of God.

And that showed that man being perfect and hence becoming a friend of God was more difficult to achieve than just making heaven, for it's the most difficult and demanding work of all.

So I didn't deviate when I spoke of works, because to be perfect is not easy at all but really hardwork.

God bless.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Lightangel65: 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
jesusjnr:

I never said any one perfect wouldn't make heaven, but that being perfect brings the greatest glory to God, and used God own saying and that of Jesus His Son to back it up.

I believe someone can make it to heaven without being perfect, but that isn't God's Will for man, for God's Will for man is that man be perfect as He is. This was why Jesus yet said this to the rich young man who had already done what was required for him to make heaven:

"If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." {Matthew 19:21 (KJV)}

Because that is the Will of God for every man, and it's the same thing that God said to Abraham:

"I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect." {Genesis 17:1 (KJV)}

That was also what Jesus said to His disciples in that other instance I mentioned earlier, which was what they did that made them to become a friends of God, but the man who could do what Jesus said would make him to have eternal life, could not do what would make him perfect and to become a friend of God.

And that showed that man being perfect and hence becoming a friend of God was more difficult to achieve than just making heaven, for it's the most difficult and demanding work of all.

So I didn't deviate when I spoke of works, because to be perfect is not easy at all but really hardwork.

God bless.
I understand

1 Like

Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:
I am sure if somebody on this thread was alive in Abraham's time, he would have castigated Abraham as mammon worshipper, a modern day Pharisee and a spiritually bankrupt fellow.

He would have labelled Abraham's trained army a luxury Jesus couldn't afford.

I pity people who take such fellow seriously.
Lol!

Abraham don suffer. Imagine comparing a friend of God to a mammon worshipper.

Abraham didn't believe that his life or success consists in the abundance of possession he has, but in his obedience to God's Word.

That's the difference.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by CodeTemplar: 9:28am On Dec 13, 2019
jesusjnr:
Lol!

Abraham don suffer. Imagine comparing a friend of God to a mammon worshipper.

Abraham didn't believe that his life or success consists in the abundance of possession he has, but in his obedience to God's Word.

That's the difference.
keep replying to your own accusations.
Abraham was rich and a friend of God. He is in heaven as I type this post. debate that.
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 13, 2019
CodeTemplar:
keep replying to your own accusations.
Abraham was rich and a friend of God. He is in heaven as I type this post. debate that.
I don't know what you're trying to gain by repeating what I already showed you in this post that Abraham was a friend of God and how he became one.

Or maybe you've mistaken this thread for your own, if not show me what you say is my own accusations of Abraham, that you're typing same thing i said and telling to me to reply and debate it.

Or are you confusing Abraham with your rich mentor who is a friend of mammon?
Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by CodeTemplar: 12:30pm On Dec 13, 2019
jesusjnr:
I don't know what you're trying to gain by repeating what I already showed you in this post that Abraham was a friend of God and how he became one.

Or maybe you've mistaken this thread for your own, if not show me what you say is my own accusations of Abraham, that you're typing same thing i said and telling to me to reply and debate it.

Or are you confusing Abraham with your rich mentor who is a friend of mammon?
Ha ha ha .... So Abraham too is now a mammon worshipper and modern day Pharisee?

Irredeemable !

1 Like

Re: You Think Say Na Beans To Be A Friend Of God? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Ha ha ha .... So Abraham too is now a mammon worshipper and modern day Pharisee?

Irredeemable !
Lol!

Who said the bolded?

Was it the friend of mammon in the picture below who also taught you this heresy about Job another friend of God?

I wouldn't be surprised.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hearing From Jesus / The Gospel The Workers Of Iniquity Love The Most / I Wanted To Be A Doctor, But I Discovered Typing Amen Cures All Diseases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.