Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,157 members, 7,780,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:54 AM

How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) (18642 Views)

I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work / Lets Build Your CV For You to get that dream Job / 4 Tips To Help You Write A CV When You’ve Got No Work Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:36am On Nov 29, 2019
Read Part 1 HERE

Hi guys, this will be my second post on how to write a CV without any job experience. Most young graduates assume that inserting their industrial work experience and NYSC will land them a good job, but they end up looking like losers with their Resume.

Writing a CV for those without work experience is pretty difficult and has lots of secrets attached to it – which is why I always advice fresh graduates to get help from more experienced persons when writing their CVs: a friend, relative or better still, outsource it to a professional CV writer. If you decide to write it on your own, you may jeopardize your chances of securing your dream job.

Having said that, I am going to show you the best way to go about it, if you decide to do it all on your own.

The following are some tips you can follow to make your CV look professional even without any work experience.

What are the steps you take;

1. Lie about your work experience

Unless an HR personnel knows you from home, this tactics would definitely work. Believe when I tell you that Nigerian HR Managers don’t bother doing a background check on candidates. They are only bamboozled by what they see in front of them.

The secret of this tactics is that you have to position the “false” job in such a way that it relates to the other jobs you would post. Most entry jobs require just a maximum of two years’ experience, so you have the right opportunity to manipulate the system.

I wasn’t comfortable writing this because they would get to find out this little trick, and probably try to checkmate it. But no matter how it happens, this trick would always work.

2. Convert your IT and NYSC into Pro Work experience

This is another way to turn your CV from looking like a rookie to that of a professional. Most times I advise people not to insert their Industrial Training experience and NYSC just to achieve this purpose.

If you want to hear a simple truth, Human Resource Managers don’t spend enough time on an individual CV. The average time spent on a CV is about 7seconds, that is when they determine who to invite for an Interview or not.

3. Insert Top Notch Skills

If you are lucky to have acquired several certifications, then you are already lucky. All you need do is to insert the certifications you’ve acquired into the right places, and your Resume comes up looking like that of a professional in his career.

4. Highlight your Achievements

If you are lucky to have achieved something fantastic during your academic years, you can possibly highlight it for the HR to see. By talking about your achievements, you are also reinforcing your skills.

5. Support your Resume with a Quality Cover Letter

If you decide to go the honest way, then I recommend this path for you. Since your CV would probably be looking like a job beggar instead of a professional, your cover letter could do some wonders for you.

This cover letter would allow you open up to the hiring manager on why they should hire you. Tell him about yourself, abilities, skills, and what you’ve projected to become in future. If you have no knowledge of writing this, I suggest you invest a little to a professional CV writer who would help you do this.

If you get this act correctly, then you are on the path to landing a mega job for yourself. The hiring manager would believe in your dreams and possible give you a chance to act what you preach. Once you get the chance, then it is up to you and what you have to offer.

Writing a fantastic CV without prior job experience is one of the hardest things you can do as a job seeker. Most times you need to write the first via the help of a professional – like me, then you can always edit to your taste to suit other job vacancies you may wish to apply to. I have helped several people land jobs, so I write from experience.

Source: https://patrickokunima.com/how-to-write-the-perfect-cv-for-someone-with-no-work-experience/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by iornenge81(m): 8:04am On Nov 29, 2019
kiss
Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by rainmoredays: 8:04am On Nov 29, 2019
You mean, it's possible to be jobless and have an enticing CV. Interesting

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by kayceeD2(m): 8:05am On Nov 29, 2019
the world need skills and not ordinary cv

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by monkautos(m): 8:05am On Nov 29, 2019
The Lie part got me

3 Likes

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by femi4: 8:06am On Nov 29, 2019
No CV is perfect...... no perfect method when it comes to begging for job

7 Likes

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Muhammad2468(m): 8:06am On Nov 29, 2019
see this brother
Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Georgemurphy(m): 8:07am On Nov 29, 2019
Top notch. But mind it when you lie,it usually continues with lies.my one kobo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 29, 2019
Nigerian Employers are like Emery + Solskjaer
Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Goalnaldo(m): 8:09am On Nov 29, 2019
And when they give you the work similar to the one you outlined(lied about) as your work experience and you flopped. Then they insult your ego, personality. Who will you blame? Village people I guess.

2 Likes

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 29, 2019
kayceeD2:
the world need skills and ordinary cv

Exactly, they should be more interested in your skills and not what you copied to create a CV
Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Daviestunech(m): 8:11am On Nov 29, 2019
Follow OP at ur own peril
Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Halezis(m): 8:13am On Nov 29, 2019
What happens to when you're given a task from the skills you lied about? You might get lucky, but that's not a right thread to pass

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by vincentjk(m): 8:13am On Nov 29, 2019
What's the difference between a CV and Resumè?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by UYEMDO35(m): 8:14am On Nov 29, 2019
Nice info

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Odunolumide(m): 8:17am On Nov 29, 2019
One part got me confused. You started with I don't normally advise people to add IT and NySC ,then you said adding it can boost your CV .
Op can you explain? Do you mean we should include it but under Pro Work experience?

2 Likes

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Jaynom(m): 8:17am On Nov 29, 2019
Lol Number 1 - LIE! grin

1 Like

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Inehmesit: 8:22am On Nov 29, 2019
I sell PayPal funds

1 Like

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Abortedfetus(m): 8:30am On Nov 29, 2019
If it's a Christian organization,
Tell them u sing in a church choir,
Attend regular Bible studies or u are a prayer warrior.
Enhance ur skills by telling the HR day u are good with people with disability or old people.
All this will show dat u are not a ruffian.

1 Like

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:32am On Nov 29, 2019
Better post are making page recently. I think our moderators have stop smoking weeds

1 Like

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 29, 2019
This one will say he knows how to use excel then spend the next hour looking for the icon on the desktop.

Most of the advice here is stupid.

When interviewed for my last job, I said I could use AutoCAD.within a week of resuming, they threw a job the veteran drafters of the department had failed to do at me. Is it that time I would have started to struggle to learn a program with a steep learning curve?

3 Likes

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by ChopDeMoney(m): 8:37am On Nov 29, 2019
Which format these guys used? In Nigeria? Please forgive me. Allow me to be skeptic.

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by micxwell(m): 8:43am On Nov 29, 2019
ornicus:
This one will say he knows how to use excel then spend the next hour looking for the icon on the desktop.

Most of the advice here is stupid.

When interviewed for my last job, I said I could use AutoCAD.within a week of resuming, they threw a job the veteran drafters of the department had failed to do at me. Is it that time I would have started to struggle to learn a program with a steep learning curve?
And were you able to do it?
Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Bhenehdikt(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2019
Dear Admin,

I really like this post, but then, I think you need to read each content that's post on here and scrutinise it thoroughly.

A post encouraging people to falsify their CV or documents shouldn't be accepted even though we know that these things happen every day.

It's commonsensical to omit posts like this. No credible online platform will allow this to fly.

Thanks!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 29, 2019
micxwell:

And were you able to do it?

Easy peasy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply Now For Federal Civil Service Commission Fresh Recruitment - 2016 / NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test / Vacancies For Commercial Graduates @ GSK Pharmaceuticals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.