Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,136 members, 7,780,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:56 AM

Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries (7806 Views)

Peter Obi Exchanges Pleasantries With Lawyers At The Tribunal Today / Moment Tinubu Stopped To Exchange Pleasantries With Oshiomhole At ICC (video) / Buhari Snubs Magu, Gets Senate Confirmation For 207 Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Ctorch: 8:07am On Nov 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 29, 2019
Hehehehehe
Buhari....why?
Even with all her kneeling down he just Ignored the woman.
More like masters and slaves relationship.

9 Likes

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Abdul05: 8:10am On Nov 29, 2019
The association of ibo tribalism go ahead

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:12am On Nov 29, 2019
Serves her right

She thinks buhari got any form of respect for her husband. grin

17 Likes

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 29, 2019
Abdul05:
Ibo association of tribalism

Go and watch the video boy.
There is no tribalism here.
The video says it all.

21 Likes

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Abdul05: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Go and watch the video boy.

There is no tribalism here.

The video says it all.
where's the video son or are you on weed son

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by majamajic(m): 8:21am On Nov 29, 2019
Abdul05:
The association of ibo tribalism

what igbos got to do with this ?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Unbiased1: 8:22am On Nov 29, 2019
There's nothing wrong here. The master has refused to acknowledge the presence of his slave that's all.

24 Likes

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Sonoyom(m): 8:28am On Nov 29, 2019
Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 29, 2019
Abdul05:
where's the video son or are you on weed son

Sorry for you.

Defence mechanism about to activate

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:47am On Nov 29, 2019
The opposition in Nigeria is populated by some of the weakest minds.

Their politicians don't fight bills they should oppose or push for bills that makes any impact on society, the hate bill speech has total bi - partisan support,

All their supporters do is peddle news that are of no value to the polity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by bluebay(m): 8:52am On Nov 29, 2019
Una too talk jor. I don't like Buhari but the truth must be said. Buhari is a Muslim man and it's not accepted to have hand shake with a woman. Especially a Nigerian lady who knows how it goes... The only Lady I have seen Buhari having handshake with, is Oshiomolehs New bride then.. no other lady. As per ignoring tinubus wife, look closely and you'll see him talking to her and she responded by bending for him.. make una still get sense abeg.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Dande55: 8:58am On Nov 29, 2019
bluebay:
Una too talk jor. I don't like Buhari but the truth must be said. Buhari is a Muslim man and it's not accepted to have hand shake with a woman. Especially a Nigerian lady who knows how it goes... The only Lady I have seen Buhari having handshake with, is Oshiomolehs New bride then.. no other lady. As per ignoring tinubus wife, look closely and you'll see him talking to her and she responded by bending for him.. make una still get sense abeg.
Please, shut up with your religion of hypocrisy.
Buhari will travel out to go kiss butts of white women. Worship and lay down for them.

Even your Arab gods shake western women, but when it comes to their women, they suddenly realise it's against their religion which piss.

Let's talk about hypocrisy.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Racoon(m): 9:07am On Nov 29, 2019
Unbiased1:
There's nothing wrong here. The master has refused to acknowledge the presence of his slave that's all.
shocked grin Savage!

1 Like

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by lordlugards: 9:10am On Nov 29, 2019
To me it was intentional, because the guy doing the introduction purposely blocked her. And the president is not even interested to meet her.

Question? Does it mean that this BUHARI could not recognise ASIWAJU wife or That he told them to block her from meeting him.

Aiye le ooo
I bo si oooo

5 Likes

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Okoroawusa: 9:22am On Nov 29, 2019
Na wa o!
Na this one una wan carry for head now?
Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by orion7: 9:26am On Nov 29, 2019
Abdul05:
The association of ibo tribalism go ahead
youruba muslim kill your self ;.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Sonnyboom: 9:36am On Nov 29, 2019
Out of all the problems in Nigeria this is what will propel PDP Igbo to the presidency come 2023.

This is the tribe that claims other tribe hate them for no reason. No wonder they are loved with relentless slaughtering from Malaysia, Singapore, india, Cambodia, South Africa etc
Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by obiekunie2: 9:57am On Nov 29, 2019
but why does he always do that to Nigerian women?

when he goes abroad he shakes foreign women like they are equals with him but when he is in Nigeria that's when he will remember its unislamic to shake hands with women or acknowledge their presence in public!

how will feel if that woman is his mother and somebody snubbed her like that!

walahi this buhari na serious illiterate and 'bigotic' idiot!

I no blame him sha i blame yoruba people wey dey give him morals to do nonsense! angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by kurupt1: 9:59am On Nov 29, 2019
Sonnyboom:
Out of all the problems in Nigeria this is what will propel PDP Igbo to the presidency come 2023.

This is the tribe that claims other tribe hate them for no reason. No wonder they are loved with relentless slaughtering from Malaysia, Singapore, india, Cambodia, South Africa etc
but is the Op an igbo??......once someone criticizes Buhari online he is labeled an igbo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by bluebay(m): 10:04am On Nov 29, 2019
Dande55:

Please, shut up with your religion of hypocrisy.
Buhari will travel out to go kiss butts of white women. Worship and lay down for them.

Even your Arab gods shake western women, but when it comes to their women, they suddenly realise it's against their religion which piss.

Let's talk about hypocrisy.
Fool, am a Christian...
Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by obiekunie2: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2019
wakaman:

[s]Your father is an unserious idiot...
Yamree Omo ale.
Ma Shanfani thing.[/s]

DOLT.
Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Dande55: 10:06am On Nov 29, 2019
bluebay:

Fool, am a Christian...
Yoruba Christians and Muslims are one and the same.
Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Kachi188(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2019
I think he acknowledged her with a nod...maybe Islamic rules made him not to extend her a handshake....who knows??
Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by bluebay(m): 10:08am On Nov 29, 2019
Dande55:

Yoruba Christians and Muslims are one and the same.
Fool again, am not either
Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by Dande55: 10:10am On Nov 29, 2019
bluebay:

Fool again, am not either
That's your trade marks; to always deny your identity.

Shady, unreliable. Yarìba.
Btw, go call your old man a fool.
Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by bluebay(m): 10:17am On Nov 29, 2019
Dande55:

That's your trade marks; to always deny your identity.

Shady, unreliable. Yarìba.
Btw, go call your old man a fool.
You stupid Sha.. If you tired of the country, why don't you leave?
Re: Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries by naptu2: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2019
Aha! This is what I just wrote about!

Attn bluebay

naptu2:
Much ado about handshakes (this is another old post that has been on my mind for years).

My British cousins were recently arguing over the question of who Boris Johnson shook hands with and who he didn’t shake hands with and that reminded me of an old post that I wanted to make but couldn’t because of lack of time.

President Buhari swore in new ministers a few months after he was inaugurated and some people noticed that he did not shake hands with some of the female ministers and they decided that he did not shake the female ministers’ hands because he was a religious extremist. They held this up as evidence that Buhari was going to “Islamise Nigeria” and declare Sharia law across the country.

I knew that their position was total nonsense because I knew that Buhari had shaken hands with women in the past, but more importantly, I knew why he didn’t shake hands with the female ministers (I’ve been there before).

I’m shocked that nobody has stated the real reason that he did not shake hands with the female ministers.

My experience.

A lot of people in positions of authority came to my house when I was a kid and I shook hands with all of them. Of course I also bowed to them, but I shook hands with all of them. I also shook hands with the elderly people that came to my house, including my grandmother.

However, there were certain encounters that stuck in my mind. I remember a time that a new official was appointed to a certain position. My neighbour’s family was very influential in the institution that the official had just been appointed to head and so he paid a courtesy visit to their house and I was in their house on that day. They introduced me to him as **** son. He looked happy to see me, but something happened that stuck in my mind. I extended my hand for a handshake and there was a momentary look of surprise on his face. It lasted for less than half a second, but I noticed it. He said, “You want to shake the ****” (he mentioned his new title) and then he shook my hand.

There was another encounter that I remember. It was kind of a family event. I got to a certain house and the woman of the house was greeting everybody at the door. I bowed and shook hands with her as I greeted her. I could see a look of absolute shock on her face as I shook hands with her. Much later, my sister whispered to me, “Did you see how shocked she looked when you shook hands with her”?

You see, in Yoruba culture, it is quite unusual for a much younger person to shake hands with a much older person. The younger person is expected to prostrate, stoop, bow, kneel or curtsey. The younger person will only shake the older person’s hand if the older person extends his hand for a handshake.

Similarly, it is unusual for a person in a much lower position in an organisation to shake hands with someone in a much higher positions/someone in a position of authority except if the person in a higher position extends his hand for a handshake.

Many Muslim women do not shake hands with men that are not related to them. This can be awkward for a man who extends his hand to shake a woman. Therefore, many men do not extend their hands for a handshake except the woman extends her hand first.

Think about it the way that you would think about a hug. Would you hug a woman that you’ve just met for the first time? Would you hug a woman that you’ve just met for the first time if she extends her hands for a hug? You would probably respect the woman’s space and only hug her if she extends her hands for a hug, right?

Read this https://medium.com/@hana.jafar09/why-you-should-ask-before-hugging-someone-7825f503ac06

Obasanjo

I was shocked when there was a furore about whether President Buhari shook hands with women, because President Olusegun Obasanjo had observed this practice in a very extreme manner and yet nobody complained.

I noticed that President Olusegun Obasanjo never shook hands with women who wore hijabs, even when the women extended their hands for a handshake. I noticed this for the first time during a national honours award ceremony. An honouree extended her hand for a handshake, but President Obasanjo clasped both of his hands together in front of his chest, instead of shaking hands with her. I later noticed that he did this to any woman that either wore a hijab or was from the far north, even if the woman was Christian and even if the woman extended her hand for a handshake. Yet nobody complained.

Buhari
New ministers were inaugurated in 2015 and an incident during the inauguration ceremony led to the ridiculous claim that President Buhari does not shake hands with women.

The protocol was that, after being sworn in, the minister would sign the register and then shake hands with President Buhari while smiling for the camera. It was Kemi Adeosun’s turn to shake hands with Buhari. Being a Yoruba woman, she waited for President Buhari, who is older and in a higher position of authority, to extend his hand for a handshake. President Buhari, being a northern muslim, waited for Kemi Adeosun, who is a woman, to extend her hand for a handshake. Therefore, because neither of them extended their hand first, there was no handshake.

People picked up on this and said that President Buhari does not shake hands with women and then it became a self-fulfilling prophesy. Other women, because they had heard that Buhari did not shake hands with women, did not extend their hands for a handshake when they met him and therefore, the rumours that Buhari did not shake hands with women continued.

Some people said that "Buhari's refusal to shake hands with women was proof that he was a religious extremist, a bigot and that he wanted to Islamise Nigeria".

I knew that this was just complete nonsense. How did I know? The musician, Onyeka Onwenu was a supporter of President Goodluck Jonathan and he appointed her to head an agency (I’ve forgotten the name of the agency). The members of the board of the agency went to meet and congratulate President Buhari soon after he was sworn in. This was before ministers were inaugurated. President Buhari shook hands with Onyeka Onwenu at that event.

Besides, I had seen Buhari shake hands with women when he was a military head of state in the mid-1980s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asmoh-gbBmQ

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10646472_buharihandshake4_jfif_jpeg266552d305300939fad0b8ab9ce81500

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10646473_buharihandshake_jfif_jpegc0415eec0bf85ef410b64e8a098d0c6f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10646474_buharihandshake2_jfif_jpega4fb454ead5e60644583f3d01e31f42f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10646475_buharihandshake3_jfif_jpeg76d5be71ca0301a3339750bcbfc0d58a

naptu2:
So here's what actually happened.

President Buhari arrived the International Conference Centre and there was a line of people that were waiting to receive him. He shook hands with the people on the line, but Mrs Tinubu did not extend her hand for a handshake. Instead she curtsied. President Buhari looked at her and said, "Madam ****" (the second word was inaudible) and she smiled. He then asked, "How are you?" and she replied, "Very well sir".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjaGAZIkljM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seeing Beyond Political Views / I Was Sidelined In Disbursement Of Campaign Funds- Chris Anyanwu. / BREAKING: Saraki Hasn't Lost Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.