Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' (18326 Views)

New Photos Of Lizzy, The Drug Junkie Transformed By Pastor Tony Rapu / Lizzy, Transformed By Pastor Tony Rapu: Before And After Photos / New Photos Of Lizzy, Drug Addict Saved By Pastor Tony Rapu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by NoraPibowei(f): 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2019
sofiscatedmoron:
the Bible is an old book, so it doesn't know about modern technology and modern sins,
we just have to use our head, do what is right and run from bad things
The Bible is not an old book,God's word are new everyday the Bible had already talk about modern sins,cosmic surgery is a sin,God said he is the potter and we are the vessel he has given us uniqueness inside out,and if the vessel (humans) isn't satisfied with their beauty and tries to change,it means saying the potter(God) hand work was useless.Thoroughly read to book of Isaiah,fixing of lashes,makeup, etc were mentioned, that is if u have the holy spirit to help u unravel puzzles in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by bereto(m): 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2019
This is the problem with God of men, does the Bible talk about phones or cars? As Christians we live our lives by the principles of God, when you think about the reason people do these surgeries then you will find your answer. Please Christians we should think and stop this sheeple behavior.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
seunmohmoh:
So, does this have anything to do with her low self esteem? It's a matter of better health.
diz I knows.. Funny thing about 2days societies is that weak people uses a legitimate course to fight a wrong war.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by sulasa07(m): 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2019
voltron14:

Confusing though.

Because would this Heaven be welcoming to Bhudists, Sango worshippers and Muslims?

Or strictly to those who practise a particular religion?

Strictly to those who practice a particular religion,the way to GOD is not a mathematical equation that you can solve using 3 different type of solutions

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by seunmohmoh(f): 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2019
Mrpsly247:
diz I knows.. Funny thing about 2days societies is that weak people uses a legitimate course to fight a wrong war.
I don't understand anything you typed, but whatever it means, It's fine. Bye.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by voltron14: 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2019
sulasa07:

Strictly to those who practice a particular religion,the way to GOD is not a mathematical equation that you can solve using 3 different type of solutions

And you know this being his personal assistant abi?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by sulasa07(m): 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2019
voltron14:

And you know this being his personal assistant abi?
Thats why you have your brain to look for what is right and wrong
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by NoraPibowei(f): 1:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
peacettw:
It is also silent about the use of phones and Internet but here we all are.
U are talking about only the Bible what about the qu'aran was any of it mentioned? Read book of Genesis God created in his likeness,thats why we humans have the ability to create unravel the Bible,before talking what u dnt know.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by voltron14: 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2019
sulasa07:

Thats why you have your brain to look for what is right and wrong

Lol.

You know that God takes perhaps a Bhuddist in higher esteem than a Christian or is it the other way round?

grin

Always overestimating your importance.

Delusions of grandeur it is called.

Got to fly now.

Bye.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by sulasa07(m): 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2019
voltron14:

Lol.

You know that God takes perhaps a Bhuddist in higher esteem than a Christian or is it the other way round?

grin

Always overestimating your importance.

Delusions of grandeur it is called.

Got to fly now.

Bye.
Did I specifically mention any religion,I left it coz people should find the way themselves.Not everyone is a Christian or Muslim
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by cooltola(m): 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2019
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
seunmohmoh:
No need to get defensive... I'm sure if u had read what I wrote with a little bit of open mind u might av gotten that I meant that most millennia issues that bothers along the tenets of modern ways of societal culture, such as feminism, sexuality and fashion design (under which plastic surgery falls under) are being advocated by liberal generalist who in my opinions are too weak to actually submit to and live within the constraints of a fully functional society.. The lady I mentioned with the real big boobs has a real problem 1 dat shouldn't be grouped in the same bracket or used to justify the act of another lady that just want Angelina Jolie's lips.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by sunshineV(f): 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
yahoosurepass:

stolen phone wink

U lost your own
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by Blessings4me(m): 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
seunmohmoh:
I be tink say na only me no understand.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by sunshineV(f): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
yahoosurepass:

stolen phone wink

U lost ur own
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by seunmohmoh(f): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2019
Blessings4me:
I be tink say na only me no understand.
You self dey follow up. Lol.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by Yankee101: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2019

Leviticus 19:28 ”You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.”

Romans 6:11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Seems what some naija pastors are sure of these days is only money. Everything else is negotiable
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by seunmohmoh(f): 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
Yankee101:
Leviticus 19:28, which says,”You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.”

Romans 6:11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
What of CS operation or someone whose leg got infected and cutting off is the only option. Would you say cutting of the flesh is wrong? Let people decide for themselves abeg. It's a personal decision.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by Yankee101: 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2019
seunmohmoh:
What of CS operation or someone whose leg got infected and cutting off is the only option. Would you say cutting of the flesh is wrong? Let people decide for themselves abeg. It's a personal decision.

Medical procedure to save a life is not aesthetics

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by seunmohmoh(f): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2019
NoraPibowei:
The Bible is not an old book,God's word are new everyday the Bible had already talk about modern sins,cosmic surgery is a sin,God said he is the potter and we are the vessel he has given us uniqueness inside out,and if the vessel (humans) isn't satisfied with their beauty and tries to change,it means saying the potter(God) hand work was useless.Thoroughly read to book of Isaiah,fixing of lashes,makeup, etc were mentioned, that is if u have the holy spirit to help u unravel puzzles in the bible.
Isaiah 3:16
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2019
alhaji1461:
Is oka
U no even put animal inside self. undecided
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by seunmohmoh(f): 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2019
Yankee101:

Medical procedure to save a life is not aesthetics
But the flesh is tampered with. You know what? I agree with whatever the bible says.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by Blessings4me(m): 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
adetoroamos:
Exactly! But what if there is no hell or heaven, do you guys ever think of this?
What have u been thinking?
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by Omonigeriarere: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2019
adetoroamos:
Exactly! But what if there is no hell or heaven, do you guys ever think of this?

And since there won't be another opportunity, what will you loose at the end?

Being real is just an advantage.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by Lotechi(m): 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Pretty confusing! What if someone like our own gay king says she feels comfortable being a lady. Does that narratives justify surgery?

Surgery in all it’s entirety to modify what God has given to you is totally wrong and should not be condoned!
God is not responsible for anyone’s physical appearance. Your parents are responsible for that. Just so u know, creation ended a very long time ago.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by nelsonoba: 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2019
voltron14:

Confusing though.

Because would this Heaven be welcoming to Bhudists, Sango worshippers and Muslims?

Or strictly to those who practise a particular religion?

You have asked the wrong question.
Heaven is not for "religious people". It is for PEOPLE WITHOUT SIN! Your next question should then be how is it possible to find people without sin in such a sinful and corrupt world we live in? Answer: This is where Jesus comes in. Jesus said "except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God". Jesus also said "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO MAN CAN COME TO GOD EXCEPT THROUGH ME".

This is why genuine christianity is not like any other religion. Other religions tell you what laws and regulations you must obey to be accepted by God, but we all know that none of us including Buddha or Mohammed is able to keep all those laws without failing in even one of them. This is where Jesus makes the difference because Jesus did not just come to give us more laws to follow, but rather he came to die on the cross and pay for our sins, so that our sins can be transferred to him and his righteousness can be transferred to anyone who chooses to believe in him. Jesus did an exchange on the cross for us.

This is the reason why we can now enter heaven, not because we worked to become righteous but because we believe in Jesus who gave us a gift of righteousness. So if you feel you believe in buddha, the question is did buddha promise you a gift of righteousness that will make you "sinless" to qualify to enter heaven?? Or can you achieve sinless ness by any other means other than it being given to you as a gift you don't deserve just like Christ did for those who believe in him If you can answer this question truthfully to yourself, then you will stop being confused about who will or will not enter heaven among the thousands of religious people you find on earth
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by YorubaPrince: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hopefully23:
People should be careful with blasphemy

Your cartoon drawing of this chic didn't do justice to her beauty... angry
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by Lotechi(m): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2019
youngelder:
LOW SELF ESTEEM is a major reason for cosmetic surgery
I do not think low self esteem is the only reason people opt for cosmetic surgery. Humans sometimes want to feel beautiful and they go to different lengths to do so. It’s like fixing of nails and hair.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by Blessings4me(m): 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
Lotechi:
God is not responsible for anyone’s physical appearance. Your parents are responsible for that. Just so u know, creation ended a very long time ago.
U make sense... na only two people God create, the rest of us na product of reproduction.
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by AngelicBeing: 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
sweetonugbu:
The bible did not talking about television, telephone, aeroplane,surgery, organ transplant ETC, use your brain
Gbam
Re: Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' by AngelicBeing: 2:51pm On Nov 29, 2019
nelsonoba:

You have asked the wrong question.
Heaven is not for "religious people". It is for PEOPLE WITHOUT SIN! Your next question should then be how is it possible to find people without sin in such a sinful and corrupt world we live in? Answer: This is where Jesus comes in. Jesus said "except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God". Jesus also said "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO MAN CAN COME TO GOD EXCEPT THROUGH ME".

This is why genuine christianity is not like any other religion. Other religions tell you what laws and regulations you must obey to be accepted by God, but we all know that none of us including Buddha or Mohammed is able to keep all those laws without failing in even one of them. This is where Jesus makes the difference because Jesus did not just come to give us more laws to follow, but rather he came to die on the cross and pay for our sins, so that our sins can be transferred to him and his righteousness can be transferred to anyone who chooses to believe in him. Jesus did an exchange on the cross for us.

This is the reason why we can now enter heaven, not because we worked to become righteous but because we believe in Jesus who gave us a gift of righteousness. So if you feel you believe in buddha, the question is did buddha promise you a gift of righteousness that will make you "sinless" to qualify to enter heaven?? Or can you achieve sinless ness by any other means other than it being given to you as a gift you don't deserve just like Christ did for those who believe in him If you can answer this question truthfully to yourself, then you will stop being confused about who will or will not enter heaven among the thousands of religious people you find on earth
Well said , 500billion likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Revealed Christians Started Ogboni In Nigeria / House On The Rock Church In Abuja Is On Fire (Photos) / Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.