Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,192 members, 7,807,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Alowonle Graces The Final Match Of 2019 Akesan Day Football Competition - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Alowonle Graces The Final Match Of 2019 Akesan Day Football Competition (321 Views)

Jim Ovia Graces The Maiden Edition Of Accomplish Magazine / What was/were your most memorable moment(s) of 2019? / My Biggest Lessons Of 2019 So Far... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alowonle Graces The Final Match Of 2019 Akesan Day Football Competition by Azeez82: 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2019
*ALOWONLE GRACES THE FINAL MATCH OF 2019 AKESAN DAY FOOTBALL COMPETITION*

A leading aspirant to the office of Ogun State AMORAN Chairman, Otunba Nurudeen Aina otherwise known as 'ALOWONLE' led other topnotch dignitaries to grace the final match of the 2019 AKESAN DAY FOOTBALL COMPETITION held at St. James Primary School playing ground, Iperu on Thursday, 28th of November, 2019.

The tournament which ended yesterday, was in commemoration of the ongoing 34th anniversary of the annual AKESAN DAY celebration in Iperu. The final game was between NATA Boys and Butchers Association. It eventually ended in favour of the NATA Boys and Otunba Alowonle was at the event to present prizes to the winners and individual players who excelled at the tournament.

Speaking after the completion of the match, Otunba Nurudeen noted that apart from being held in commemoration of this year's AKESAN DAY celebration, the football competition is meant to tighten the cord of unity among youths in Iperu.

"In football, there is fun. The sole aim of this fun is to promote unity among everyone involved. Football could be likened to the connection rod among the youths. It equally helps in fishing our talents so that they do not waste away unnoticed.

I am really excited to have witnessed today's match and I must confess that both teams played wonderfully well but in every contest, there must be a winner. I congratulate the NATA Boys on winning this competition and urge their opponents to put more effort next time. There is no victor nor vanquished. We are all winners", Alowonle said.

Cash prizes of hundred thousand naira (#100,000), Seventy thousand naira (#70,000) and Fifty thousand naira (#50,000) were presented to the first, second and third positions respectively.

(1) (Reply)

German Tuner Converts ₦162m Rolls-royce Phantom Into A ₦1.2b Limousine / Usher Ft. Ella Mai - Don't Waste My Time / Is World Bank Really Given Out LOANS To Nigerians To Start Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.