Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct (2420 Views)

Nasims Dashboard Updated For Npower Batch C Under Stream 2 / BREAKING NEWS: Npower Volunteers To Be Exited Into Community Police / We Will Prosecute And Deduct N90,000 From All Npower Volunteers That Do This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by AutosBay(m): 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2019
Npower Lagos

Nation Wide Strike for Npower Volunteers over the silence/delay of Oct/Nov stipends.*

It is extremely inhuman and act of wickedness for the said Ministry now in charge of Npwer to treat 500,000 Nigerian Npower graduates like a kid. The question I ask myself is that “REMOVING NPOWER FROM THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT, IS IT A WRONG MOVE??” believe it or not, when the office of the Vice President was in charge of Npower , even before getting up to this, they would have released official statement telling volunteers the reason for the delay payment and afterwards , apologize. That is the office that respect the graduates and as such treat us as one.

For me, even the support group are kept in the dark and that is the reason up till now, no one has been able to give us concrete reason for the delay of the stipends. With due respect to the Honourable Minister whom I believe is a mother to all especially being a woman, I don’t expect this kind of ill treatment from her to the volunteers. I expect before now, she would have officially informed beneficiaries the real reason for the delay through her social media page, but instead, she kept mute and decided not to reply to any question posed to her by Npower volunteers through her social media page. This is wrong and unacceptable because they aren’t doing us a favour, it is our right and we deserve to be paid work done.

- We therefore call on the Hon. Minister to come out and tell us what is actually happening. If the program will continue or they are planning to scrap it, we deserve to know the reality on ground.

- When exactly are they going to pay us??

- Any other update aside from the one from the Hon minister is not acceptable and will never be taken as reliable information.

- Volunteers can no longer cope having to transport themselves to their place of primary assignment.

WE CHARGED ALL VOLUNTEERS STARTING FROM MONDAY 2ND DECEMBER TO STAY AT HOME. THIS IS THE ERA OF "NO PAY, NO WORK"

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by Bakerdav: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2019
N power is a scam since its remove from vice president office
Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by AutosBay(m): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2019
Bakerdav:
N power is a scam since its remove from vice president office
Exactly

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by acc2020(m): 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2019
I have commenced mine long before now
AutosBay:
Npower Lagos

Nation Wide Strike for Npower Volunteers over the silence/delay of Oct/Nov stipends.*

It is extremely inhuman and act of wickedness for the said Ministry now in charge of Npwer to treat 500,000 Nigerian Npower graduates like a kid. The question I ask myself is that “REMOVING NPOWER FROM THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT, IS IT A WRONG MOVE??” believe it or not, when the office of the Vice President was in charge of Npower , even before getting up to this, they would have released official statement telling volunteers the reason for the delay payment and afterwards , apologize. That is the office that respect the graduates and as such treat us as one.

For me, even the support group are kept in the dark and that is the reason up till now, no one has been able to give us concrete reason for the delay of the stipends. With due respect to the Honourable Minister whom I believe is a mother to all especially being a woman, I don’t expect this kind of ill treatment from her to the volunteers. I expect before now, she would have officially informed beneficiaries the real reason for the delay through her social media page, but instead, she kept mute and decided not to reply to any question posed to her by Npower volunteers through her social media page. This is wrong and unacceptable because they aren’t doing us a favour, it is our right and we deserve to be paid work done.

- We therefore call on the Hon. Minister to come out and tell us what is actually happening. If the program will continue or they are planning to scrap it, we deserve to know the reality on ground.

- Any other update aside from the one from the Hon minister is not acceptable and will never be taken as reliable information.

- Volunteers can no longer cope having to transport themselves to their place of primary assignment.

WE CHARGED ALL VOLUNTEERS STARTING FROM MONDAY 2ND DECEMBER TO STAY AT HOME. THIS IS THE ERA OF "NO PAY, NO WORK"

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by acc2020(m): 3:37pm On Nov 29, 2019
Commenced mine long before now, no pay, no work

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by Danwakae(m): 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2019
AutosBay:
Npower Lagos

Baba Buhari has gotten his second term in office, as such, N-POWER terminated... Go look for job or biz to do, before they call you lazy youths...

That's the results when Govt place u on a contract level...

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by AutosBay(m): 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
Danwakae:

Baba Buhari has gotten his second term in office, as such, N-POWER terminated... Go look for job or biz to do, before they call you lazy youths...

That's the results when Govt place u on a contract level...
Exactly

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by AutosBay(m): 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
MODS please move to front page
Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by DrTims(m): 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
I was once a volunteer before I resigned from the program because of my new Lecturing job. It's a pity what is going on with the program now. Very unfortunate. undecided
Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by mhizsimi(f): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2019
Good idea....
Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2019
election is over and so your deal
Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by Slaveman343: 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2019
They would pay but when is what we don't know.

This Strike is not a bad move but apply wisdom. It's better to go on strike silently than announce it from the roof tops cos it may backfire.

In addition to the strike, let's organise peaceful protest in our respective states.

Protest is the way.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by truenorth: 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2019
I knew this would happen once it was removed from Osonbajos office.

Instead of them to focus on governance, they are doing politics.
Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by meobizy(f): 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
Una don chop belleful.
Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by Calyb(m): 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2019
I wonder how this administration is planning to take 10million out of poverty as they claim when 30k they can't pay graduates.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by AutosBay(m): 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2019
Calyb:
I wonder how this administration is planning to take 10million out of poverty as they claim when 30k they can't pay graduates.
They have failed

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by HMMD: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2019
Is there any Npower group-like thread on here? Link me up, please.
Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by HMMD: 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2019
truenorth:
I knew this would happen once it was removed from Osonbajos office.

Instead of them to focus on governance, they are doing politics.
WE seems to be getting this wrong. It's more devastating seeing a so-called-rep this demoralized.

IMO, Ministrilizing the Npower is one huge step to make the programme more stable and up to its goal. Once in the stable of the ministry, the delay in stipend disbursment shall be taken care of; so as the issue of permanency too would be quite easy to look in to...

***The call for a strike is uncalled for. We demand not this deafening silence from the-so-called ministry and/or the former NSIP handlers though. Lets call for a peaceful protest. Maybe a visit to our different local government NOA office would do for a start.
Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by AutosBay(m): 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2019
HMMD:
WE seems to be getting this wrong. It's more devastating seeing a so-called-rep this demoralized.

IMO, Ministrilizing the Npower is one huge step to make the programme more stable and up to its goal. Once in the stable of the ministry, the delay in stipend disbursment shall be taken care of; so as the issue of permanency too would be quite easy to look in to...
What is this one saying

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by Lonelypacifist6: 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2019
Should we tell them that they've outlived their relevance? Second term has been achieved and as such Zombies Bmc's And BMO's Are inconsequential and irrelevant grin.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by AutosBay(m): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
There is nothing stopping us from embarking on the strike action which is scheduled to start on Monday 2nd December 2019. Enough of this deceit. Until we see alert rolling in, that strike action will go on as planned.

If you feel you aren't supporting this move, you can go ahead and continue with work at your place of primary assignment ...�

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nation Wide Strike For Npower Volunteers Over The Silence/Delay Of Oct by Edyice: 10:18pm On Nov 30, 2019
Las Lasgrin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

At Last Npower Pays January Stipend / Urgent Vacancy!!! / Interview Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.