Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (71620 Views)

Yahoo Boys In Benin Throw Money Into The Air (Video) / Yahoo Boys Throw Money Into A Dirty River During Ritual / Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Yaoli: 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hello Nairalanders,

I had to create this new Acct to post this
Pls permit my typographical errors
Last week Saturday I was reading when I got a call from a friend that he needs my account number because his account can’t take the sum of money he wants to receive from the person that wants to transfer for him I asked him how much he said 300K I said jokingly that he should go and get a better account and stop operation student accounts. So I sent him my account details and the person sending him money credited my account 50K I told him that I revived only 50K not 300K he said yes that the person has reached his limit for the day ..

I seen him his money later in the evening via Quickteller because the server was not good and I was left with only 22K that was in my account before ok good ..

Fast forward to yesterday Evening I tried checking my account my login in and I noticed my account has been restricted I was confused on what might have happened I thought it’s something simple that I’ll walk to the bank and perfect it .. then I decided to message the costumer care I was told I need to update my Bvn informations that I should dial a particular number and follow instructions I tried it but it’s not working .

I’m suppose to visit the bank today but I was busy

Just after my Pratical in school today I was sitting when my guy called me again that is there anything wrong with my account he said I should not go to the bank because the 50K transaction that was sent earlier was fraudulent I was like wtf but he dropped the call ..

I called him again his contact was not available so after sometimes he messaged me online telling me the guy that sent it used his brothers account and he told him that it’s not from his account that his own personal account has been locked too because he later revived money directly from him and that’s how he got to know ..

What i’m after is a solution now can I go to the bank and explain my self already or what can I do to make all this not to bounce on me because I know noting about it I’ve never received any fraudulent transactions before someone said I should take him along to the bank and just hand him over when anything happens all
I need is a solution right now me mad the guy went to same primary school and secondary so I know him very well and made me trust him with my account what can I do right now

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Officialgarri: 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
Bros, go to the bank first thing on Monday morning.

Let them review your bank activities with proof that you have never been involved in such

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Davash222(m): 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2019
Don't go to the bank immediately.

Firstly, make a report to any Police station close to you. They will take the case from there.

807 Likes 39 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Akem12: 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2019
Don’t go ohhh nah alagbon police station them go call oo

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Yaoli: 6:08pm On Nov 29, 2019
Update UPDATE

update

Till now my account has not been opened..

My dad contacted the dad of the guy that I toted the transfer we found out he was even the one that took his dad to the police station to report the case, now they are claiming we should not be offended it will be very hard to go back to the policemen and tell them they want to call of the case because they will surly ask who the criminal was and he can't possibly present his son

Officialgarri:
Bros, go to the bank first thing on Monday morning.

Let them review your bank activities with proof that you have never been involved in such

I hope they will listen to me..

I’m talking this guy that collect my Acct to let us go there he’s trying to dodge that

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Yaoli: 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2019
Akem12:
Don’t go ohhh nah alagbon police station them go call oo

What can I do now I can’t leave my account like this

If I don’t go to them they will surely come to me and that will be worse

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Officialgarri: 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2019
Yaoli:

I’m talking this guy that collect my Acct to let us go there he’s trying to dodge that

Keep every conversation with him on record. Audio, video, screenshots... Whatever...

Go to the bank alone and present yourself. When they eventually ask after the guy, tell them he has refused to show up

339 Likes 17 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by madone: 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2019
Chat that guy up or call him on phone and have ur conversation recorded. Make sure in ur talk u make it clear in record that u don't know anything and make sure he confirms it thru ur dialogue ..never allow him know u are recording ur call. If it chatting try doing a voice note to him so he a reply...if the above is successful g to the nearest and trusted lawyer to go with u to the police to make a report n the happenings.show them ur record as prove of ur Innocence. Then go to the bank and correct the error fast before ur friend rans far the police will get him down and he will bring the rest ofhs gang

271 Likes 12 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nostradamus: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2019
Go and land yourself in the state CID cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by LOGOBELT: 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2019
Davash222:
Don't go to the bank immediately.

Firstly, make a report to any Police station close to you. They will take the case from there.

Bro, pls I advise you to take this step. This is the best, make sure you report to the nearest police station before going to the bank

151 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Toma2: 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2019
The faster you are, the better.. cos you will need to refund the 50k back to the account. It has been flagged down.. I have a friend who was in same trouble..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by LegendaryLover(m): 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
madone:
Chat that guy up or call him on phone and have ur conversation recorded. Make sure in ur talk u make it clear in record that u don't know anything and make sure he confirms it thru ur dialogue ..never allow him know u are recording ur call. If it chatting try doing a voice note to him so he a reply...if the above is successful g to the nearest and trusted lawyer to go with u to the police to make a report n the happenings.show them ur record as prove of ur Innocence. Then go to the bank and correct the error fast before ur friend rans far the police will get him down and he will bring the rest ofhs gang

exactly

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by LegendaryLover(m): 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
madone:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by pocohantas(f): 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
Yaoli:

Don't make the mistake of going to the bank. Whatever kept you busy today- you should thank it.

Since your acct was flagged for fraudulent activities, there might be an apprehend on sight instruction on your acct. You will be arrested by the bank's security and handed over to whichever security detail is in charge. Sometimes they even come from other states- E go be like extradition. Depends on the gravity of the story behind that money or where the case started from.

Go to the police and report yourself (like some people below have suggested, with a lawyer). The NPF are the ones that would establish evidence of your innocence and give the bank. It isn't going to be a quick process. Your acct would be restricted for a while, at least from online transactions.

Stop giving your acct numbers to people for inflows. Some have received ransoms without knowing. Until they arrest them inside the banking hall. Their cluelessness on the matter at hand makes them even try to resist arrest. Trust Naija police na. You go collect better sliding tackle.

297 Likes 14 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
°
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
Yaoli:
Hello Nairalanders,
I had to create this new Acct to post this
Pls permit my typographical errors
Last week Saturday I was reading when I got a call from a friend that he needs my account number because his account can’t take the sum of money he wants to receive from the person that wants to transfer for him I asked him how much he said 300K I said jokingly that he should go and get a better account and stop operation student accounts. So I sent him my account details and the person sending him money credited my account 50K I told him that I revived only 50K not 300K he said yes that the person has reached his limit for the day ..

I seen him his money later in the evening via Quickteller because the server was not good and I was left with only 22K that was in my account before ok good ..

Fast forward to yesterday Evening I tried checking my account my login in and I noticed my account has been restricted I was confused on what might have happened I thought it’s something simple that I’ll walk to the bank and perfect it .. then I decided to message the costumer care I was told I need to update my Bvn informations that I should dial a particular number and follow instructions I tried it but it’s not working .

I’m suppose to visit the bank today but I was busy

Just after my Pratical in school today I was sitting when my guy called me again that is there anything wrong with my account he said I should not go to the bank because the 50K transaction that was sent earlier was fraudulent I was like wtf but he dropped the call ..

I called him again his contact was not available so after sometimes he messaged me online telling me the guy that sent it used his brothers account and he told him that it’s not from his account that his own personal account has been locked too because he later revived money directly from him and that’s how he got to know ..

What i’m after is a solution now can I go to the bank and explain my self already or what can I do to make all this not to bounce on me because I know noting about it I’ve never received any fraudulent transactions before someone said I should take him along to the bank and just hand him over when anything happens all
I need is a solution right now me mad the guy went to same primary school and secondary so I know him very well and made me trust him with my account what can I do right now

Parte after Parte!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2019
pocohantas:

Don't make the mistake of going to the bank. Whatever kept you busy today- you should thank it.

Since your acct was flagged for fraudulent activities, there will most likely be an apprehend on sight instruction on your acct. You will be arrested by the bank's security and handed over to whichever security detail is in charge. Sometimes they even come from other states. E go be like extradiction.

Go to the police and report yourself. They are the ones that would establish evidence of your innocence and give the bank. It isn't going to be a quick process. Your acct would be restricted for a while, at least from online transactions.

shouldn't he consider getting a lawyer [ i don't know where the money will come from sha]

@all, YOU must be very very careful about bank transactions. report any strange transactions to your banking officer immediately. and be very very very wary of old friends. an old friend from back in the day called me the other day. the guy was asking me to send him money. my alarms went up for one reason - when we were in school [back in 2000], he was doing what i now realise was some sort of yahoo yahoo. he claimed his sister was in uk and always sending him money via western union, but he always had someone else receive the money for him. just blanked the guy straight, before we entered into stories that touch

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by pocohantas(f): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2019
ornicus:

shouldn't he consider getting a lawyer [ i don't know where the money will come from sha]

@all, YOU must be very very careful about bank transactions. report any strange transactions to your banking officer immediately. and be very very very wary of old friends. an old friend from back in the day called me the other day. the guy was asking me to send him money. my alarms went up for one reason - when we were in school [back in 2000], he was doing what i now realise was some sort of yahoo yahoo. he claimed his sister was in uk and always sending him money via western union, but he always had someone else receive the money for him. just blanked the guy straight, before we entered into stories that touch

He can consider getting one. Maybe he would be lucky enough to get a lawyer that would take up his case pro bono. A lot of them handle it on their own, if it doesn't have a serious back story.

If it is one of these common cases where teens transfer money from their pensioner father/mother/guardian ('s) acct- he can easily wriggle out. Once he proves he gave it to their child, they'll most likely withdraw and handle it as a family issue. If this isn't the case, I pity him, because the NPF will do their best to milk him. On top 50k.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Sterope(f): 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2019
@Yaoli, Get a lawyer to follow to make a report at the Police station.

Do not go to the Police station alone. You must inform your parents or guardians asap. Please do not form Alpha, you may regret it.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
Lalasticlala sef... shocked
Leave Soapy and cum fast!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Yaoli: 12:48am On Nov 30, 2019
Toma2:
The faster you are, the better.. cos you will need to refund the 50k back to the account. It has been flagged down.. I have a friend who was in same trouble..

Bro I already sent the money to the guy that collected my Acct immediately even I my self I’ve never had 50K alone before I don’t know how I’ll be refunding a money I know nothing about now bro but the guy has confessed to his dad that he was the one that transferred the money to someone

6 Likes

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Yaoli: 12:51am On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:

He can consider getting one. Maybe he would be lucky enough to get a lawyer that would take up his case pro bono. A lot of them handle it on their own, if it doesn't have a serious back story.

If it is one of these common cases where teens transfer money from their pensioner father/mother/guardian ('s) acct- he can easily wriggle out. Once he proves he gave it to their child, they'll most likely withdraw and handle it as a family issue. If this isn't the case, I pity him, because the NPF will do their best to milk him. On top 50k.

He actually stole the funds from his dad and he has messaged him he send the screen shot to the person I gave account

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Yaoli: 12:53am On Nov 30, 2019
Sterope:
@Yaoli, Get a lawyer to follow to make a report at the Police station.

Do not go to the Police station alone. You must inform your parents or guardians asap. Please do not form Alpha, you may regret it.

I’ve informed my dad and you know he’s a typical Nigerian full of ITK he will keep remembering me this issue till I die that i’m a fraudster I know that already ..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by pocohantas(f): 1:49am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

He actually stole the funds from his dad and he has messaged him he send the screen shot to the person I gave account

The father should go to his bank with the coconut-headed-petty-thief and tell them he knows where his money is cheesy. I am sure they must have told him it would be someone close and he said no. Anyway, they know what to do. Be careful henceforth, lots of young guys are into fraud. It is not until they move about with laptops or buy Lexus that you'll identify them.

In this era of yahoo boys and SARS, you don't want to be (inadvertently) caught in the web of fraudulent transactions.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Xisnin(m): 2:31am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

Never ever give your account details to a friend or "my guy".
There is no such friendship when money is involved, you are lucky that the money was not
from kidnapping, blackmail or international fraud.

Go to the police and report yourself and your friend.
Better still get a lawyer.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 30, 2019
Now I will go cynical. Hope you are not doing picker for your paddy. Because I am wondering why your friend has you bank account details in the first place.

Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.

Which hustle is your friend doing that will give 300 k. Which one is my account cannot carry it
What was your commission?

I hope you can see exactly where this path will lead.

We can't even say if this story of your paddy stealing is not cock and bull. It could be full fledged kidnap money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by alezzy13: 7:05am On Nov 30, 2019
Hmmm. Nothing like 'friend' anymore for these kind issues.

Na so one dey ask me if I get account for a particular bank to help her receive some funds, claiming hers had reached limit.

I politely declined.

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Toma2: 7:47am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

Bro I already sent the money to the guy that collected my Acct immediately even I my self I’ve never had 50K alone before I don’t know how I’ll be refunding a money I know nothing about now bro but the guy has confessed to his dad that he was the one that transferred the money to someone
Before you go the bank, sha find money to replace the 50k or drag him to the bank and explain to the customer agent... Your account has been flagged down..
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Toma2: 7:56am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

This one na Yahoo yahoo prodigal son cry
It's a pity
Children of nowadays

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Female Corpse Washes Ashore At Lekki Beach (Disturbing Photos) / Student Of Delta Polytechnic Ozoro Killed By Ritualist (Graphic Photos) / Uduak & Hobbit Fight On Twitter: Lesbianism, Cocaine Addiction, Theft, The Cause

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.