Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (71594 Views)

Yahoo Boys In Benin Throw Money Into The Air (Video) / Yahoo Boys Throw Money Into A Dirty River During Ritual / Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
You aren't in any trouble yet,but will be if you fail to act fast. You need to go and report what happened at the nearest police station. The police will take it up from there.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by victorazyvictor(m): 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2019
Officialgarri:
Bros, go to the bank first thing on Monday morning.

Let them review your bank activities with proof that you have never been involved in such

You think say na so life dey simple in naija? grin

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by golddare: 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2019
Davash222:
Don't go to the bank immediately.

Firstly, make a report to any Police station close to you. They will take the case from there.

Follow this person advised but contact a good lawyer before going to the station and make sure you have evidence that the guy actually used your account if not call the guy, record the conversations, WhatsApp him etc.
Make sure you dont panic so that he wont run away.
You can even use advices of people here as part of your evidence at the station.
Finally, pray that things work out fine for you because if a strong person was defrauded na OYO for you, imagine if the money they have stolen is in millions. God will help you.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Bluffly: 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2019
Go to the NPF and report the situation or EFCC Request they should get transcripts of your calls and that save you.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by frozen70(f): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:
Hello Nairalanders,

I had to create this new Acct to post this
Pls permit my typographical errors
Last week Saturday I was reading when I got a call from a friend that he needs my account number because his account can’t take the sum of money he wants to receive from the person that wants to transfer for him I asked him how much he said 300K I said jokingly that he should go and get a better account and stop operation student accounts. So I sent him my account details and the person sending him money credited my account 50K I told him that I revived only 50K not 300K he said yes that the person has reached his limit for the day ..

I seen him his money later in the evening via Quickteller because the server was not good and I was left with only 22K that was in my account before ok good ..

Fast forward to yesterday Evening I tried checking my account my login in and I noticed my account has been restricted I was confused on what might have happened I thought it’s something simple that I’ll walk to the bank and perfect it .. then I decided to message the costumer care I was told I need to update my Bvn informations that I should dial a particular number and follow instructions I tried it but it’s not working .

I’m suppose to visit the bank today but I was busy

Just after my Pratical in school today I was sitting when my guy called me again that is there anything wrong with my account he said I should not go to the bank because the 50K transaction that was sent earlier was fraudulent I was like wtf but he dropped the call ..

I called him again his contact was not available so after sometimes he messaged me online telling me the guy that sent it used his brothers account and he told him that it’s not from his account that his own personal account has been locked too because he later revived money directly from him and that’s how he got to know ..

What i’m after is a solution now can I go to the bank and explain my self already or what can I do to make all this not to bounce on me because I know noting about it I’ve never received any fraudulent transactions before someone said I should take him along to the bank and just hand him over when anything happens all
I need is a solution right now me mad the guy went to same primary school and secondary so I know him very well and made me trust him with my account what can I do right now

To be on a safe side, go to police station of your own domain

Make a complaint that someone you know who is a friend requested for your bank account, you sent it to him, and 50k was sent to your account and you transferred to him but after that you can't use your account again and you are making this report because you want to go to your bank to find out why you can't withdraw

They have a crime diary, it will be entered there then you take a copy to the bank for them to know that you have complained officially

Alternatively go with a relation but don't tell your friend while doing all these

If they lock you up, it's up yo you and your friend to make your friend available before you can be free

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Maxwell33345: 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
see below
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by bluefilm: 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2019
sammer4life:
Wow. Had this same issue some time last year.
One night, a guy approached me at my place of work, and pleaded that I give him 50k , that he will transfer the money back to me. He was practically crying, that his brother is hospitalized, and the ATM just 'swalllowed' his card.
I checked myself, and found out that I have 50k cash with me. I gave the money to this guy. He asked for my account number. I gave him my Ecobank account, because I don't do much transaction with the account, and I have a monthly savings that I have mandated my other bank to deduct from my Ecobank for that month. This guy transfered the 50k to me, I got the alert. I even checked online and confirm the transaction.
Two days later, I tried using this same Ecobank ATM card to make some purchases, to no avail. I thought it was network issue. Funny enough, if I check my account online, I always see my balance.

I called Ecobank CC, and I was told that the 50k is under dispute. My head swell. It was at that point I bagan to add things up, to understand that i have unknowingly aided a fraudulent deal. My friends adviced I visit the bank, but I know I may not come back from the journey. Lol.
Three weeks later, the money was reversed from my account, back to the originating account.

How do they know the money that is under dispute?
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by johnglo2(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2019
[quote author=LegendaryLover post=84480177][/quote] Let him positioned the money in his account for reversal. That's could cool the temper. KYFB know your friend biz always.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Unrated900(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
Your friend must have used your account to collect ransom

Go and report your self in he police station

Failure to do so

Monday morning you will be arrested

Don’t inform you friend also

Just say all is cool at the moment till you report.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by enilowo(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
madone:
Chat that guy up or call him on phone and have ur conversation recorded. Make sure in ur talk u make it clear in record that u don't know anything and make sure he confirms it thru ur dialogue ..never allow him know u are recording ur call. If it chatting try doing a voice note to him so he a reply...if the above is successful g to the nearest and trusted lawyer to go with u to the police to make a report n the happenings.show them ur record as prove of ur Innocence. Then go to the bank and correct the error fast before ur friend rans far the police will get him down and he will bring the rest ofhs gang

Bro I am a banker of over 15 years. This is the best advice you can get on this matter. Never believe your so called friend as he is your enemy. After this you need to flee from him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by BluntBoy(m): 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:
Hello Nairalanders,

Last week Saturday I was reading when I got a call from a friend that he needs my account number because his account can’t take the sum of money he wants to receive from the person that wants to transfer for him I asked him how much he said 300K I said jokingly that he should go and get a better account and stop operation student accounts. So I sent him my account details and the person sending him money credited my account 50K I told him that I revived only 50K not 300K he said yes that the person has reached his limit for the day ..

I seen him his money later in the evening via Quickteller because the server was not good and I was left with only 22K that was in my account before ok good ..

Fast forward to yesterday Evening I tried checking my account my login in and I noticed my account has been restricted I was confused on what might have happened I thought it’s something simple that I’ll walk to the bank and perfect it .. then I decided to message the costumer care I was told I need to update my Bvn informations that I should dial a particular number and follow instructions I tried it but it’s not working .

Just after my Pratical in school today I was sitting when my guy called me again that is there anything wrong with my account he said I should not go to the bank because the 50K transaction that was sent earlier was fraudulent I was like wtf but he dropped the call ..

I called him again his contact was not available so after sometimes he messaged me online telling me the guy that sent it used his brothers account and he told him that it’s not from his account that his own personal account has been locked too because he later revived money directly from him and that’s how he got to know ..

What i’m after is a solution now can I go to the bank and explain my self already or what can I do to make all this not to bounce on me because I know noting about it I’ve never received any fraudulent transactions before someone said I should take him along to the bank and just hand him over when anything happens all
I need is a solution right now me mad the guy went to same primary school and secondary so I know him very well and made me trust him with my account what can I do right now

Your account has been flagged.

Get your friend to follow you to the bank. If your friend refuses, report at a police station. Before you do so, you might see if you can get more evidence. Call your friend and make a recording of your conversation. Ensure that your friend repeats the talk about the fraud and all its pathways before it got to you. The police will give you the advice needed to unblock your bank account and move the matter forward from there.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by lovingyouhun: 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

I hope they will listen to me..

I’m talking this guy that collect my Acct to let us go there he’s trying to dodge that

Its like you qant him to deny you and walk free. You better tell him everything is ok, try to chat with him, get in touch right after uou have reportes the case to the police, once you get in touch with him hold him and call the police else you will see youself rotting in jail for a crime you did not commit

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Maxwell33345: 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2019
see below
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by alasca(m): 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
Officialgarri:

Keep every conversation with him on record. Audio, video, screenshots... Whatever...

Go to the bank alone and present yourself. When they eventually ask after the guy, tell them he has refused to show up
exactly
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by sofiscatedmoron: 1:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
afonja people and crime
they like it so much

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by tightpussy156: 1:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
I hope ur friend no be kidnapper,local yahoo yahoo,is like na u be piker.if you are innocent of ur story.you better run to bank an report ursef take ur criminal friend along before efcc,SARS,mopol,police,army go come hijack you.last week someone use his friend account no to receive 15 million naira money from kidnapping. them don hijacked the two criminal now.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Quaddafi29: 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2019
The earlier the better. Head straight to your bank and don't try to update anything but simply ask for the manager and explain all you know and back it up with evidence of the chat, and transaction. You might be delayed but the truth will easiy exenorate you. Don't delay. That your friend is not a good friend.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Abolajihowells2: 1:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:
Hello Nairalanders,

Just try go and make a report in d police station to be on d saver side.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by foreshore(m): 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

What nonsense 're u talking?

Don't u know he would be arrested in the bank?

You are such a slowpoke. So by his running away and avoiding the bank would not make him culperable? Mumu like you

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Doktajay5: 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

I hope they will listen to me..

I’m talking this guy that collect my Acct to let us go there he’s trying to dodge that

So u really expect him to go with you?... No now... U r the one boiling in the soup now. How u plan to jump out will determine if he will enter the boiling soup later or not.

I'll advice u go to police first possibily with a lawyer or talk to a lawyer B4 going to the bank.

But, first, who told u the transaction was a fraudulent one? If the source is a reliable and verifiable one, then go to a nearby police station and lodge an official complaint.

Afterwards, tell them u intend to go to the bank... They will tell u what to do. Although am sure they will tell you to turn urself in and they will take it from there.

When u go to the bank. Report yourself and draw their attention to the restriction.

Next will be a contact to arrest you. Just remain calm... U r innocent. So be calm, u will come out las las.. Although this will be a challenging one, looking at the archaic and analogue system we run in Nigeria. But be rest assured u ll pull through..

All the best...

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by luluosas(m): 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2019
My account was once blocked because of a legal 2k payment I received from one of my data subscription customers. She has been sending money to my account without any issues, and after that experience, she no longer use my service again. She stopped by herself.

When I discovered that my GTBank account was restricted, I called GTConnect immediately to ask for the reason. They were the ones that told me that I received a 2k from Eco bank, and that the funds was a proceed from fraud. I argued with them that how could I ever know about such money, and besides, this person has been my regular customer before that day.

Resolutions?

They asked me to call the sender and ask for her account number, so that I can refund the 2k back to her account, and that, that was the only way for my account to be unrestricted.

I yeyely followed their advice, returned the 2k and my account was lifted immediately without visiting the bank.

My counsel

Don't visit the bank. Call Zenith Bank customer service and ask them what you should do. The BVN stuff is just an excuse and a trap that they've already set to get you arrested. You should thread cautiously please.

I pray you will get out strong from this trouble in Jesus Christ name. Amen.

Be blessed

7 Likes

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by charcoal(m): 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
Don’t goto the bank first!
I repeat don’t goto the bank first!
If you goto the bank first you’ll pay x 5 of the money you receive they will detain you and if it happens that the crime was committed outside of the state you are living(asin where the money came from)
they will take you to the state and lock you up for days, This thing happened to my friend when I was in school he almost dropped out they took him from Lagos down to state cid Benin city the guy was just helping a friend that lost his dad receive money ni oh not knowing they moved someone money to his account .
Goto police and make your report and then you can goto the bank and submit your self .
On no account should you help anyone receive money never I don’t even help a family member do such!!

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by CACjide: 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
Go and get a lawyer. Don't go to the police alone and if you go to the bank you will be arrested.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by nedekid: 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2019
bluefilm:

How do they know the money that is under dispute?
"I called Ecobank CC, and I was told that the 50k is under dispute. My head swell."
Lazy youth according to Buhari. Read and comprehend man grin

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Irore: 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
madone:
Chat that guy up or call him on phone and have ur conversation recorded. Make sure in ur talk u make it clear in record that u don't know anything and make sure he confirms it thru ur dialogue ..never allow him know u are recording ur call. If it chatting try doing a voice note to him so he a reply...if the above is successful g to the nearest and trusted lawyer to go with u to the police to make a report n the happenings.show them ur record as prove of ur Innocence. Then go to the bank and correct the error fast before ur friend rans far the police will get him down and he will bring the rest ofhs gang

My advise too. Also let your parents know now and let them get the lawyer for you. Don't do anything on your own. Act fast please.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nnnanna: 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
Officialgarri:

Let them review your bank activities with proof that you have never been involved in such

Zombie

Don't rush to comment and give people wrong advice, I thought you're only a fool as APC miscreant

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Chrismentor3: 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
It has happened to me, exactly this

I'm still solving the issue now,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2019
Jabioro:
He can' not open new account except he resolved the issue...

Yes he can, have a friend open an account in that person's name with the victim having control over the said account.

Phone number should be his, email and co

It happened to me so I know these things.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Alloyhardu(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2019
Officialgarri:

ah don't go, I swear to God almighty if you try am then you are in for it but the best thing you can do is provide that your friend or try track him first and get police to detain him before going to bank for your own explanation, see I use God beg if you don't know where he is oga no go bank or else kirikiri jo soapy, I am have seen where something like this happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by dave4rella(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2019
cool
Arrest the so called friend of yours and take him to the bank for explanations
At this point, there is nothing like friendship anymore.
And if you fail to do so, quote me, when you arrive at Ikoyi correctional facility
I will make sure your watery beans gets to you on time.
What are nairalanders for?

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by bamidex28282: 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:
Hello Nairalanders,

Employ a law.
Explain every details to him.
Then do a police report...
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Jabioro: 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:

Yes he can, have a friend open an account in that person's name with the victim having control over the said account.

Phone number should be his, email and co

It happened to me so I know these things.
tWhat are you saying..I am talking about him not proxy account

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cultists Shoot 16-Year-Old Boy While Mourning Dead Colleague In Ogun (Photo) / Gracious David West Beaten Up By Inmates In Port-Harcourt Prison / "Millipedes Sent To A Thief's House In Uyo Using Juju" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.