Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Best University To Study Cyber Security In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best University To Study Cyber Security In Nigeria (5392 Views)

Looking For A University To Enrol In This September? / Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room / UNILAG Becomes First Nigerian University To Get TV License – Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best University To Study Cyber Security In Nigeria by Adamxy(m): 6:48am On Nov 30, 2019
5 Schools with the Best Cybersecurity Degrees in the Nigeria.

Want the best cyber security degree? Take a look at the top 5 best schools to decide where you’d like to get one.

Cybersecurity degrees are fairly new in the world of higher education as this field has grown with the growth of computers.
People who have these degrees can become “ ethical hackers ,” or people who contract for companies to try to find their
digital security flaws before the bad guys do.

What does a Cybersecurity degree entail?
Those with Computer CyberSecurity degrees can also work to analyze and decrypt things to stop cyber-terrorism. Cybersecurity experts also work to build out digital systems for modern companies to store data.

In essence, if it’s a digital platform that needs security or if it’s something even just digital at all, chances are a cybersecurity expert was involved at some point… at least we hope.

A four-year degree will teach you about the various methods of protecting data and IT systems.

This means that you’ll get training in databases, system administrator roles, and data recovery. You’ll also get skills such as criminal psychology and digital forensics as cybersecurity often involves a good bit of detective work as well.
As for job titles, when you get out of school, you could be any of the following:
Security Analyst
Cryptanalyst
Security Software Developer
Security Consultant
Security Engineer
Cryptographer

Now that we’ve taken a look at what a cybersecurity degree entails, if you’re still interested, here are the 5 best schools for cybersecurity degrees in Nigeria.
CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING

Re: Best University To Study Cyber Security In Nigeria by duduade: 6:55am On Nov 30, 2019
Nigeria ke..
Re: Best University To Study Cyber Security In Nigeria by otokx(m): 8:09am On Nov 30, 2019
Try ISACA, their curriculum is dope.
Re: Best University To Study Cyber Security In Nigeria by c0d3x: 11:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hey I'm currently searching for how I can get into college as a cybersecurity student but I'm in business class and don't offer physics and chemistry but I play vulnhub and Hackthebox I do some CTF'S like overthewire and I've been scripting since I was 12
Re: Best University To Study Cyber Security In Nigeria by Greengeek: 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
It seems the article above is outdated! Anyways to study Cyber Security as a course in Nigeria, there are many things you need to take into consideration.

For instance, you should know the admission requirements for studying such course. Anyways, I found an article that goes deeply on studying Cyber security in Nigeria here >> https://www.flashschoolgist.com/cybersecurity-course-in-nigeria/
Re: Best University To Study Cyber Security In Nigeria by Michaelvirus: 8:02am On Jul 04, 2021
Looking for<a href="https://www.examszone.com.ng/2021/06/best-university-to-study-cyber-security.html?m">the best University to study Cyber Security in Nigeria</a> you can check out this institutions
Nigerian Army University Biu
AFIT
FUTMINNA
This schools are better equipt for Cyber Security.
Re: Best University To Study Cyber Security In Nigeria by Daxim(m): 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
It is not mandatory to study cybersecurity at a university. You can do it by yourself without even exiting your home. Cybersecurity is a field that is becoming popular these days. More and more websites are contracting cybersecurity companies to help them secure their pages. Even I recently made a pen testing for my website to ensure myself it can not be hacked. If you are interested in this subject, find more on the internet.

(1) (Reply)

GOD IS GREAT: Have You Ever Witnessed Anything So Beautiful «Photos» / Unilag Releases Supplementary List For 2010/2011 Utme Admission / When

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.