Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,862 members, 7,798,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone (10043 Views)

How Can I Track Or Block A Stolen Phone? / How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!! / How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by braimeddy: 7:09am On Dec 01, 2019
I thought they said xiaomi phones are like iphones. Once stolen it can't be formatted without the authorization of the original user.
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by Adegbem01(m): 7:14am On Dec 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Don't tempt me........ I can play both roles perfectly........ grin
There are phone you cannot change the imei, am not sure of Nigeria trash brand sha

4 Likes

Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by Adegbem01(m): 7:15am On Dec 01, 2019
braimeddy:
I thought they said xiaomi phones are like iphones. Once stolen it can't be formatted without the authorization of the original user.
you cannot, if you follow the process of locking and reporting it to xiaomi
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by braimeddy: 7:18am On Dec 01, 2019
So I was surprised when the op mentioned that his stolen redmi 7 was tracked. That means the thief was able to use the phone
Adegbem01:
you cannot, if you follow the process of locking and reporting it to xiaomi
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by Adegbem01(m): 7:24am On Dec 01, 2019
braimeddy:
So I was surprised when the op mentioned that his stolen redmi 7 was tracked. That means the thief was able to use the phone
that what am saying, there is a process of locking the phone if you want to useless it and majorly want to protect information and data on your phone and there is another option of tracking it, since there is no way you can change the imei
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by braimeddy: 7:31am On Dec 01, 2019
How can someone lock his redmi so that it can't be used by another person if stolen?
Adegbem01:
that what am saying, there is a process of locking the phone if you want to useless it and majorly want to protect information and data on your phone and there is another option of tracking it, since there is no way you can change the imei
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by diamond88: 7:53am On Dec 01, 2019
Activist001:

Sorry bro, you can't use the receipt. You device is prolly gone since you don't have do pack or IMEI number.

I have the receipt that stated the imei number
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by Walentino22(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2019
Donkelzy:

It can still be tracked, they track phones using imei
inserting sim to my phone 5 times the phone number will always comes to me
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by Danwakae(m): 8:17am On Dec 01, 2019
sulasa07:

Story for the gods

You cannot change it ... If u do , it becomes a refurbished phone and will not function normal...which is waste... What is then the essence of stealing ??
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by Abeos(m): 11:14am On Dec 01, 2019
diamond88:

Was your money refunded after the police help you track t he phone?

For my case, I bought a phone and receipt was issue to me. I sent it to ibadan but the phone was stolen on the way. It's Xiaomi redmi note. I don't have the pack as the phone was stolen new. Can the police help me out. I still have the receipt

Is the IMEI number of the phone not written in the receipt?
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by lereinter(m): 12:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
diamond88:

For my case, I bought a phone and receipt was issue to me. I sent it to ibadan but the phone was stolen on the way. It's Xiaomi redmi note. I don't have the pack as the phone was stolen new. Can the police help me out. I still have the receipt

IMEI number is on the receipt
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by fastseo: 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2019
lereinter:

IMEI number is on the receipt

Even your sim card already has your imei filed to it. Incase you don't know your imei, a check on your sim with the ISP will show you all imei your sim has ever used

My brother since u have the receipt while not go to the nearest police station and work with them to help you retrieve the phone.

In cases like this I don't look at cost, because no thief shall enjoy my phone.

1 Like

Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by fastseo: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
falcon01:
did they give you back your money after they found it?
Am not interested in the money or refund but to have the criminal answer for numerous crimes we have noticed in the street.
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by fastseo: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2019
diamond88:

Report to the police and go with the receipt.

During my case so many phones were recovered.
If the thieves like let them send the phone to from lagos to Kanu. The strategy the police will use is to get the new sim, details and soft target (people who frequently call that sim on the stolen phone).
They will now inform the nearest police station closer to where the phone is to commence work.

Everything na money..

But don't allow a thief to enjoy his loot in peace.

5 Likes

Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by fastseo: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Then simply change the imei number................. grin

Don't be too sure about that, the SARS guy boasted that if they want to track a phone no matter what they have the technology to do that. He said unlike before, that everything we do with our phone can be known and monitored without the user's knowledge. E.g sites u visited, sms, calls etc and even the kind of job you do or related to

Beside I won't buy those phones whose security are not solid enough... Tecno, infinix and their likes until they improve.
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by Lexusgs430: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2019
fastseo:

Don't be too sure about that, the SARS guy boasted that if they want to track a phone no matter what they have the technology to do that. He said unlike before, that everything we do with our phone can be known and monitored without the user's knowledge. E.g sites u visited, sms, calls etc and even the kind of job you do or related to

Beside I won't buy those phones whose security are not solid enough... Tecno, infinix and their likes until they improve.

Once the imei is changed, the old imei number completely dies with the phone, likewise the tracking signals. And phone can no longer be traced via imei....

That SARS guy is talking jazz......

3 Likes

Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by fastseo: 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Once the imei is changed, the old imei number completely dies with the phone, likewise the tracking signals. And phone can no longer be traced via imei....

That SARS guy is talking jazz......

The white man that produces pen still makes provision for eraser.

If you buy a stolen phone that has a serious case like kidnapping or murder case, know that investigation stops at you until you provide those who sold the phone to you.... Even at that you will still bail your self with huge money after providing the real suspect.

Well I know of someone here currently serving 5 year jail term for robbery case he knows nothing about..

Stay away from second hand phone and have peace of mind
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by driand(m): 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

Change d IMEI of a SD phone lemme see u
U think say na Tecno? grin
you're kidding right? Snapdragon is far easier if you're familiar with the process

1 Like

Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by diamond88: 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2019
Abeos:

Is the IMEI number of the phone not written in the receipt?
The imei number is on the receipt
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by Adegbem01(m): 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
braimeddy:
How can someone lock his redmi so that it can't be used by another person if stolen?
go xiaomi website or Google it... I can't explain it authoritatively since I have not done it before

4 Likes

Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by happy662(m): 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Then simply change the imei number................. grin
u can't change the imei no of android version that is over 6.
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by Abeos(m): 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2019
diamond88:

The imei number is on the receipt

I think that's good enough to use to track the phone
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by jaymichael(m): 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2019
ojonugba2014:
I Can root nd change d ime of any itel,techno,infinix,gionee e.t.c phone
What if it is my REDMI NOTE 7 with Snapdragon processor, Mi clouds locked, Locked bootloader how can you flash it or change the IMEI number with MTK ENGINEERING? Some phone security don pass that level.

3 Likes

Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by jaymichael(m): 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
braimeddy:
You can unlock it with mi account on another device. This leaves the phone open so the thief can use it thereby enabling the phone to be tracked.
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by michaellovaldo(m): 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2019

Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by Sam2310(m): 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
[quote author=michaellovaldo post=84662567][/quote]your location. Na 4gb ram ba?
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by michaellovaldo(m): 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
Sam2310:
your location. Na 4gb ram ba?
There's no 4gb for redmi 7
Lagos
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by Sam2310(m): 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
michaellovaldo:

There's no 4gb for redmi 7
Lagos
ok. My see maybe i fit make my guy buy it. Na tecno fan.
Re: How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone by meshachdbuzz(m): 6:39am On Dec 06, 2019
Depressed101:
you can't change the imei of newer top brand phones including xiaomi

If only the boatloader is not unlock..and redmi 7 has an mi cloud account which make it impossible to unlock.. Even if u bypass Google frp
As far u login in your mi cloud account the phone can't be of used by the thief.. Except you unlock your boatloader then is prone to be flashed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / UBA Launches "Leo" Services On Apple Business Chat / Introducing SOLO S450 Android Phone (full Specifications)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.