Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Infiniti Gear Box - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Infiniti Gear Box (3691 Views)

A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 / Sienna Gear Box Problem / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infiniti Gear Box by row2ray(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2019
Ok, so my dads driver hit a huge stone on the road and the gear pump got totaled... after replacing it I notice the car isn’t shifting properly as in it shifts from 1 to4 but is usually not above 40kmh....I did a scan and found it threw a p1716 which Is a gear turbine revolution sensor and p1769 which is the high and low revere clutch solenoid valve function....

Can anyone help with insights on how to rectify these problems
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2019
Check the transmission harness connector and pins for damage or looseness. If the connector and pins are securely locked, then you probably have a bad valve body.
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by row2ray(m): 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
Costee:
Check the transmission harness connector and pins for damage or looseness. If the connector and pins are securely locked, then you probably have a bad valve body.

Do I have to open the transmission sump to do that and if it’s a bad valve body is it possible to purchase or “service”the one there
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
row2ray:

Do I have to open the transmission sump to do that and if it’s a bad valve body is it possible to purchase or “service”the one there
No, you don't have to open the sump to access the connector. Your mechanic or those who installed the transmission should know where that is located on the transmission. Disconnect and check that the terminals on the transmission connector are not bent and that the harness connector securely fixes into it. Both the turbine sensor and the solenoid are in the valve body. Nissan does not sell these items as separate parts. My other concern is that the code on the turbine sensor could also suggest that you have no 4th gear as you seem to have noticed. It could be that that sensor is bad or that the transmission has internal problems.
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by row2ray(m): 12:06am On Dec 01, 2019
Ok thanks that means I have to open up the gear sump To get the valve body.. any idea hHow much a replacement valve body would cost to me
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 01, 2019
I'm afraid I've no idea of the cost.
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by row2ray(m): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2019
row2ray:
Ok thanks that means I have to open up the gear sump To get the valve body.. any idea hHow much a replacement valve body would cost to me

Thanks bro... guess I’ll have to start with the wire harness and hope for the best
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by row2ray(m): 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
Well I got around to removing the valve body and decided to do a fuel wash and carbon spray ... I did notice that two diode like things looked burnt on the valve body, could those cause problems
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by row2ray(m): 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
Pics

Re: Infiniti Gear Box by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
Having gone this far, might as well try out a replacement.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti Gear Box by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
The vb of former tranny might do.
Oh, just realised what was changed originally was oil pump.
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2019
row2ray:
Well I got around to removing the valve body and decided to do a fuel wash and carbon spray ... I did notice that two diode like things looked burnt on the valve body, could those cause problems
Can't see the "two diode like things" from your shots.
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
Given the environment where you are doing this work.... I don't expect the gear to ever work perfectly again

3 Likes

Re: Infiniti Gear Box by row2ray(m): 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
Costee:

Can't see the "two diode like things" from your shots.

Sorry they are on the other side
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by row2ray(m): 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2019
It’s in the red circle

Re: Infiniti Gear Box by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
Those are your 2 turbine revolution sensors (P1716). You didn't mention, but from the pic your car should be between 2002 and mid 2004, with an external TCM (i.e. located outside of the VB and inside the car). Seems you have to go for a VB replacement.
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by row2ray(m): 11:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
Figured that would be something bad... lol... ok... and no idea the cost implication... they were burnt looking... can’t I just get them alone
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 10, 2019
They're dark items, so I won't think they got burnt except of course you smelt an electrical short. They're damaged all right, but mechanically I think from the impact of the hit. Maybe the same applies to the solenoid...counting second from the extreme right of your pic. In recent times there have been aftermarket versions of the solenoids (7 of them), but I'm yet to see of the turbine sensors.
Somehow, I feel you should replace the trans unit altogether. That way you'd be able to joggle parts around should the need arise sometime...
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by row2ray(m): 8:00am On Dec 14, 2019
Any idea how much the tranny costs
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by ShenTeh(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2020
row2ray:
Any idea how much the tranny costs

Op, How did you eventually resolve this?

I'm just being curious. I love Infinitis.
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by row2ray(m): 5:40am On May 15, 2020
ShenTeh:

Op, How did you eventually resolve this?

I'm just being curious. I love Infinitis.
No, not yet ... but I’ve decided to buy a valve body
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by grimadult(m): 8:54pm On May 15, 2020
Hello Ray.. been a long time.
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by IghKes: 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2021
Pls can I wat gear box oil do use for my infinity G35X
And can I use vinoyl oil s5w30 oil on it.mobile 1 is really expensive now
Re: Infiniti Gear Box by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:34am On Mar 27, 2021
IghKes:
Pls can I wat gear box oil do use for my infinity G35X
And can I use vinoyl oil s5w30 oil on it.mobile 1 is really expensive now

Wot.

Engine oil - 5W30 Mobil1
Transmission - Nissan Matic S

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 / Honda Crv / How Much Is Mazda6 Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.