Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat At Home - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat At Home (466 Views)

How To Get Rid Of Belly Fat At The Age Of 50 / This Is Why You Are Not Loosing Belly Fat / How Can I Burn Belly Fat Easily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat At Home by jannydear(f): 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2019
Lower belly fat can be very disturbing both health-wise and aesthetically. There are so many beautiful clothes you yearn to wear, but the protrusion in your mid-section makes the clothe look unappealing on you. Apart from ruining your look, lower belly fat can also signal an underlying health condition that needs to be addressed by a doctor.

Engaging in fat-burning exercises is perhaps one of the best approach to reduce or completely lose lower belly fat.

READ ALSO: 8 Effective Exercises to Burn Belly Fat

In this article, we looked at some exercises you can engage in from the comfort of your home, to reduce belly fat.

Crunches
Crunches is one of the best exercises to reduce belly fat at home. Fitness experts asserts crunches is a top fat-burning workout that helps you to lose belly fat. So, endeavor to add abs-crunching exercises to your everyday workout routine.

READ ALSO: At Home Fitness Programs

How to perform crunches
To perform crunches:

Lie down flat on the ground and bend your knees.
Lift your hands and place them behind your head. Alternatively, you can cross your hands on your chest.
Deeply breathe in and lift your upper torso off the floor, you should exhale.
Breathe in when you go down, and breathe out as you come up.
You can repeat 10 times per set, and strive to complete two to three sets of crunches.

Twist Crunches
There are different forms of crunches. The first workout we discussed is the regular crunches. You can later modify the regular crunches to twist crunches which is equally an effective exercise for burning belly fat.

Twist crunches are like your regular crunches. But in twist crunches, you have to lift the right shoulder towards your left, keeping the left torso on the ground.

When you are starting out, start doing twist crunches 10 times per set. You should aim for two to three sets of twist crunches in your daily routine. Check out the video above for more details on how to do twist crunches.

Reverse Crunches
Reverse crunches is also an effective exercise that helps to reduce belly fat, which you can comfortably do at home. This workout is commonly performed by women to lose lower belly fat. This is also similar to twist crunches. Tilt the legs behind instantaneously with the shoulders.

Side Crunches
Side crunches is similar to twist crunches and is also effective at reducing belly fat at home. The only difference is that for side crunches, you have to slant your legs to same side with your shoulders concurrently. The side crunch concentrates more on the muscles on your sides.

You can perform 2 to 3 sets of side crunches (10 times per set) daily.

2. Rolling Plank Exercise
The rolling plank workout is also effective at reducing belly fat. It concentrates on building your body muscles around the abdomen, hip and lower back.

To perform rolling plank exercise:

Lie on the floor and place your knees and elbows on the ground.
Ensure your neck is in alignment with your spine.
Lift up your knees and support the legs on the toes.
Assume the plank pose by contracting your knees, ensuring your breathing is normal.
Remain in this position for 30 seconds, then start moving to and fro for about 30 seconds.

2. Bicycle Exercise
Bicycle exercise is one of the best exercises to reduce lower belly fat at home. To perform bicycle exercise:

Lie on the floor with your hands behind your head or by your side.
Raise both of your legs off the ground and bend them at the knees.
Bring your right knee close to your chest, while simultaneously keeping the left leg out.
Then bring the left leg to your chest and take the right leg out.
Keep alternating bending your knees, just like you do when riding a bicycle.
Strength training
Strength training is another way to reduce belly fat at home. Strength training helps to develop muscle mass, avoids loss of muscle loss and aids fat loss. You can engage in squats to build your muscle. Also, deadlift also works well at building strength.

Your lower back keeps you upright from the back. Doing squats and dead lifts will help lower size of your waist and strengthen your abs.

Cut down on alcohol consumption
Taking a glass or two of alcohol on occasional basis is okay. However, it is not okay to drink beer and other forms of alcohol on daily basis. Reducing alcohol intake to even 3 -4 days daily is still not okay if you wish to reduce belly fat. Male alcoholics tends to take up a pear shape, consisting of round belly fat and boobs, particularly as the advance in age. Apart from deforming your physique and ruining your workout routine, excess alcohol intake also affects your liver. It causes your liver to work extra hard just to clear out the toxins you willingly consumed.

Cut down your alcohol consumption to twice in a week, and drink normal quantity.

Bottom line
The quest to reduce belly fat and build muscles doesn’t only depend on workouts. The types of foods you consume greatly matters too. Spending a lot of time and energy on exercising to burn your belly fat, and still eating processed foods and other junks can ruin your efforts. Consume more foods rich in protein and eat less carbs.

Foods that helps facilitate your belly-fat burning routine includes: proteins including eggs, meat, whey, poultry, fish, and cottage cheese

Vegetables. such as broccoli, kale, spinach, and salad, cabbage
Fruits. including orange, banana, apple, pineapple, and pears
Healthy Fats. like fish oil, nuts, flax seeds, olive oil, real butter, and nuts
Carbs. such as oats, brown rice, whole grain pasta, and quinoa
You can check your progress after every 2 weeks using a fat caliper. Take photos of yourself after every two weeks, focusing on the front, back, and side view to monitor improvements. The quest to reduce belly fat doesn’t just happen overnight. It requires patience and perseverance.

Source: https://healthdiary365.com/exercises-to-reduce-belly-fat-at-home/

3 Likes

Re: Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat At Home by herakles: 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2019
cool
Re: Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat At Home by streem26: 6:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
Thanks for share great article.
Right now I'm a little chubby and have a bit of belly fat and love handles.
I've been trying to workout in the morning (helps me maintain my workout routine) 4-5 times per week to aerobics videos because they're free, I don't need equipment or to leave the house, the people motivate me, they are a variety of styles on the web, they talk about fitness. I keep a workout journal. I also try to fast intermittently. Either for 24 hours once a week or by eating all my meals in a shorter window. e.g. Breakfast lunch and dinner between 12pm and 7pm.
Re: Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat At Home by meobizy(f): 11:57am On Dec 01, 2019
We need more articles of this sort here and less buy-my-potion-to-lose-weight scams. I suggest anyone looking to lose weight to watch videos of athletes training. Pacquiao has over fifty or more variations of crunches which he performs to stay in shape. The calorie expense alone when running such sets is enough to trim a human being of any size.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me! I'm Dying / Islamic Corona Treatment: Imam Advises People To Drink Camel Urine, Gets Blasted / Thirty Years Ago, The Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II Débuted (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.