Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,706 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices (7369 Views)

Do People Really Fall For These Scams? / Universal Charger: Do People Still Use This? / Why Do People Buy & Sell Old Social Media Accounts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
IkengaAlusi1:
imagine using MT6580 of 2014 in their latest phone

just keep adding battery and modifying designs

Nonsense company
which of the latest device comes with the processor
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by SofttBae: 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
Chuksteric:
What point listed isn't true? Stop bringing emotional sentiments
I only stated the fact
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2019
SofttBae:
I only stated the fact
Na so.. I also gave reasons.. No one hates Tecno. Your company has refused to evolve! Hope you marketers send feedback
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by drjprince: 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
Chuksteric:
Na so.. I also gave reasons.. No one hates Tecno. Your company has refused to evolve! Hope you marketers send feedback
dem no Sabi anything it's both the marketers and the company

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 7:25am On Dec 08, 2019
grin grin
drjprince:
dem no Sabi anything it's both the marketers and the company
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by sunshineV(f): 7:44am On Dec 08, 2019
Tecno marketers are the worst but oppo marketers be the worstest

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 10:35am On Dec 08, 2019
sunshineV:
I noticed them too .. Their products are nice though a bit overpriced

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by tacygurl: 10:16am On Dec 09, 2019
what will you say about Xiaomi marketers?
sunshineV:
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Olanivalue(m): 10:21am On Dec 09, 2019
worsely worstest grin grin
tacygurl:
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by sunshineV(f): 2:59am On Dec 10, 2019
tacygurl:

They think they know it all

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by sunshineV(f): 3:00am On Dec 10, 2019
Olanivalue:
worsely worstest grin grin
That title is for tecno marketers

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by sunshineV(f): 3:01am On Dec 10, 2019
Chuksteric:
I noticed them too .. Their products are nice though a bit overpriced

True. Nice products but overpriced unlike some
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by onyidon22(m): 6:52am On Dec 10, 2019
[center][/center]by
nuelzy:
This is one of the thing i love about NL..

Enlightenment!

Imagine me saving up raw cash to buy infinix s5 shit... And i just decide to scan through the phone section... And boom!

Xiaomi warriors came hitting! .. They were so brutal on transion company and their crappy phones..i almost peed laughing grin

I was like Wo!!,.... Nuel, u have been living in a rock!

I read/watched reviews of some xiaomi products... And that of huawei and samsung A series.. Even oppo..

In short i learnt what specification entailed right here... I learnt about processors and what it does..

I learnt about the unchangeable helio p22 stuff grin.. How shitty it is... And hw transion refused to upgrade from it...

I learnt xiaomi is pronounced as "shayomi" not "zayomi".. If u laugh.. I kill ugrin

I really learnt a great deal about phones that i never knew... And even though i'm typing this from a leaking battery tecno phone that i will soon change...

It feels good to say that i am liberated!!.. God punish the days i wasted my hard earned cash on transion devices.. Even Though i am yet to feel the awesomeness of better devices with good specs...

Pls.. Any ignorant dumbo like me .. Ok wait* i'm woke now... grin
In short everyone should run from tecno/infinix and itel..

Getting samsung A70 next week... I need to feel real good biko.
grin brother, I was in your shoes two years ago. I was saving money to buy the newly released camon x then, in fact I had saved enough money for the device. I only needed specifications and reviews from nairalanders,until I came across the xiaomi section. That was how I reversed my decision and decided to buy xiaomi redmi note4x because of the reviews I got from the xiaomi fans. Till today, that has been the best decision I have taken regarding phone purchases.
Techno has refused to upgrade over the years, and what annoys me is the way in which they employ their aggressive marketing strategy while leveraging on the ignorance of Nigerians to make a fortune.
If not that many Nigerians from which Transsion makes their money are grossly uninformed about the smartphone market, the likes of Techno and Infinix would have been bankrupt by now. Unfortunately it seems that the company will continue to dominate the Nigerian smartphone market with their craps.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Olanivalue(m): 11:53am On Dec 17, 2019
Mad ooo
sunshineV:

That title is for tecno marketers
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
onyidon22:
[center][/center]by grin brother, I was in your shoes two years ago. I was saving money to buy the newly released camon x then, in fact I had saved enough money for the device. I only needed specifications and reviews from nairalanders,until I came across the xiaomi section. That was how I reversed my decision and decided to buy xiaomi redmi note4x because of the reviews I got from the xiaomi fans. Till today, that has been the best decision I have taken regarding phone purchases.
Techno has refused to upgrade over the years, and what annoys me is the way in which they employ their aggressive marketing strategy while leveraging on the ignorance of Nigerians to make a fortune.
If not that many Nigerians from which Transsion makes their money are grossly uninformed about the smartphone market, the likes of Techno and Infinix would have been bankrupt by now. Unfortunately it seems that the company will continue to dominate the Nigerian smartphone market with their craps.
nothing but the truth

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Playermayweda(m): 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
Chuksteric:
which of the latest device comes with the processor

Tecno pop 2 power!!!
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by tacygurl: 9:19am On Mar 30, 2020
Kill me lol, I feel they are the most annoying. Arrogantly pushing their overhyped phones..
sunshineV:

They think they know it all
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by sunshineV(f): 9:41am On Mar 30, 2020
tacygurl:
Kill me lol, I feel they are the most annoying. Arrogantly pushing their overhyped phones..
Thing Is that u need to lay ur hands on a xiaomi phone. It's nothing compared to what we've been fed
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by tacygurl: 9:50am On Apr 15, 2020
Well, I don't think there will need to get a Xiaomi phone. I have this thought that if you preach a top-notch device then it should be price worthy and not selling less or cheap
sunshineV:

Thing Is that u need to lay ur hands on a xiaomi phone. It's nothing compared to what we've been fed
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by sunshineV(f): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2020
tacygurl:
Well, I don't think there will need to get a Xiaomi phone. I have this thought that if you preach a top-notch device then it should be price worthy and not selling less or cheap

It's called value for money
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by MonsieurCoq: 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Realboygenius:
At the end people only hate tecno online. People buy Tecno phones every single day in Ikeja.
They are clearly not enlightened, buying cheap plastic.
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by talut(m): 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chuksteric:
Tecno and infinix are phone manufacturers under the transion brand. They are one of the reasons many users were able to get smartphones. People had doubts about the brand at first, but it was later accepted because of the cost-effectiveness back then. The Tecno n3 was my first and it was a great product as at the time when it was introduced to the market. It rivalled most midrange phones during its time. My Tecno n3 is still very much alive, though it struggles to meet up.

Where did Tecno get it all wrong?

Tecno grew as a brand and had all the bragging rights. The smartphone market was getting tough, but they had won the hearts of the people. Tecno H6 was a beautiful device. I rocked the device so well. It satisfied my every need. It had custom ROM support back then as I toggled between a lot. However, the phone wasn't durable and this was when Tecno started failing. Their phones henceforth were not durable.

Tecno has refused to improve- Tecno refused to improve their products. The camon c8 then was a good example when everyone was switching to 2 GB ram, Tecno stayed and kept on dishing the 1 GB ram. The camon c8 was a failure. Their claims of value for money is a total lie. This can be seen when they sold the Camon CX for a whopping 75000 Naira. People still bought the product because of the aggressive marketing and that's probably my worst smartphone mistake

The poor OS and poor software development and updates - Tecno has been so comfortable and has refused to update its devices. They introduced hiOS with the boom j8. This is evident in the lack of software support their devices receive. In the last year due to serious competition in the market, they have pushed so much advertisement to their devices and you can tell that it affects the fluidity of the devices. Tecno has only attempted to update two of their phones which is the Camon c8 that never passed the beta release. I had to go back to the previous version which was also very terrible and the phantom 6 which had bugs with no updates or follow up till date.

Setting wrong priorities - The brand specializes in paying YouTubers to give positive Reviews. So almost all reviews online are not totally true. The brand pays online marketers to suggest their phones on almost every social media platform. Facebook, Nairaland and they even go to the extent of paying influencers to trend their products on twitter. They pay heavily to get celebrities to endorse their products. This affects the quality of the products. The camon (X, C11, c12) have the same processors. There is no difference in the products. The only difference is the shape and design! No improvement whatsoever! This is beginning to tell as strong criticism in the last months has reached the top echelon. The company is losing its credibility.

Whilst investing in marketing may be good, improving the quality of the product more important. Tecno has long stopped giving value for money
https://thestericadventure..com/2019/11/reasons-to-leave-tecno-bandwagon.html

I apologise for quoting the whole comment but I wanted you to see this.
You said it all man. Anyone who watches review in general on YouTube know Nigerian YouTubers are definitely paid to say good things about the brand or at the very least not to highlight the bad part or day anything that will discourage potential buyers.. their marketing strategy game too is aggressive. I guess they understand how an average Nigerian think so do I blame them ? I'm not too sure but I'm definitely disgusted. I've started unsubscribing from Nigerian tech YouTubers sef since they don't speak the whole truth.
Nigerians are just gullible or should I use a less aggressive word, ignorant.
You said it all. Just take a look at their newly launched product going for is it 95k. That's is just outrageous to the extent that it hurts. It's an insult to everybody from the government which I think should be able to regulate this pricing to YouTubers who support them because their palms are greased to everyone who patronize them, even their ambassadors aren't left out. I guess it's just business. People think how good a phone looks should justify its price.. truth is that's the least expensive part in making a phone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by talut(m): 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
I understand the argument people used to make sometime ago, we need low priced device since standard of living in Nigeria isn't too good but what exactly can you use to defend them.
Apple for example sells overpriced devices(my opinion) that are worth buying if you have the money.
Samsung has something for everyone, same goes for Huawei
Xiaomi, oppo and likes like one plus and the rest which are not recognized in the country havd brought flagship like performance to people who don't have much to spend.
Transsion as a whole are just extorting Africans cos this is the only place they sell with their "crappy" products like there is no tomorrow
The future is now true true.. extort them till there is no tommorow. Smh
Not going to lie, they started well but whatever stunt they are pulling now, I'm in for the ride, we'll see where it takes them

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
talut:
I
Not going to lie, they started well but whatever stunt they are pulling now, I'm in for the ride, we'll see where it takes them
With every well meaning Nigerian taking the fight to transission and exposing their fraudulent activities at every turn... This ride is going to lead transission out of Nigeria.

Transission is a cancer in Nigeria, if they are not dealth with soon, every incoming brand will adopt their style of business and Nigerians will never enjoy the real benefits of using an affordable smartphone.
Even when you are not using a transission device, you need to join in this fight of exposing every antics and ploy of transission in trying to extort the innocent Nigerian. Otherwise its only a matter of time before the brand you love so much turns into transission with different name.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by fredie107(m): 9:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
lanre316:
Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo and even Samsung A series are gradually coming for their marketshare in Nigeria and Africa. If they like, they should continue with their mediocrity. Their loss.

Exactly
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by talut(m): 11:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

With every well meaning Nigerian taking the fight to transission and exposing their fraudulent activities at every turn... This ride is going to lead transission out of Nigeria.

Transission is a cancer in Nigeria, if they are not dealth with soon, every incoming brand will adopt their style of business and Nigerians will never enjoy the real benefits of using an affordable smartphone.
Even when you are not using a transission device, you need to join in this fight of exposing every antics and ploy of transission in trying to extort the innocent Nigerian. Otherwise its only a matter of time before the brand you love so much turns into transission with different name.

I agree man.. which is why I can't seem to understand the state of mind of people who come to type "everybody have their preference" or something similar

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
talut:

I apologise for quoting the whole comment but I wanted you to see this.
You said it all man. Anyone who watches review in general on YouTube know Nigerian YouTubers are definitely paid to say good things about the brand or at the very least not to highlight the bad part or day anything that will discourage potential buyers.. their marketing strategy game too is aggressive. I guess they understand how an average Nigerian think so do I blame them ? I'm not too sure but I'm definitely disgusted. I've started unsubscribing from Nigerian tech YouTubers sef since they don't speak the whole truth.
Nigerians are just gullible or should I use a less aggressive word, ignorant.
You said it all. Just take a look at their newly launched product going for is it 95k. That's is just outrageous to the extent that it hurts. It's an insult to everybody from the government which I think should be able to regulate this pricing to YouTubers who support them because their palms are greased to everyone who patronize them, even their ambassadors aren't left out. I guess it's just business. People think how good a phone looks should justify its price.. truth is that's the least expensive part in making a phone.
when I was thinking that their pricing was getting better.. They signed WizKid for over a million dollars!! Marketing over the quality of products.. it's sad

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by skywalker240(m): 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

this is what i keep reasoning.

I pray Nigerians become wise, before that dreaded day would come. and obviously it would surely come because the other brands would like to level up their competition strenght with transmission and that would be the end of it.
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 1:04pm On May 17, 2020
[left][/left] angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Java And Symbian Users Can Now Download Any Jar File With Ease! / Rep Ur Launcer: How Neatly Arranged Is Ur Launcher's Icons / Gionee X1s Discussion Thread [new Release & price]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.