Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,386 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling (1300 Views)

Tired Of Running Fuel / Which Laptop Would Be Best To Run 3d Modelling Software / Openwrt Or Ddwrt , I Need A Professional Advise On Captive Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by drmorphine(m): 7:22am On Dec 01, 2019
Nairalander computer gurus, Please advise on a moderate laptop computer ( probably used/ pre-owned) that has specifications that can run GIS softwares like QGIS and ARGIS very smoothly without lagging. I'm personally thinking of a laptop with a processor speed of 3.0Ghz and 1TB hard drive among other specs. My budget for the laptop is less than 100k.
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by clintz(m): 7:43am On Dec 01, 2019
QGIS or Arcgis requires memory and multi processors , so make sure you buy a laptop with 8gighz and above and a quad core laptop ( core i5 or i7). Also the laptop must have a graphic card preferably Nvidia graphic card for rendering images.
Your budget of 100k is fine but it will only give you a used laptop of that quality
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by drmorphine(m): 8:14am On Dec 01, 2019
clintz:
QGIS or Arcgis requires memory and multi processors , so make sure you buy a laptop with 8gighz and above and a quad core laptop ( core i5 or i7). Also the laptop must have a graphic card preferably Nvidia graphic card for rendering images.
Your budget of 100k is fine but it will only give you a used laptop of that quality

Thanks boss. Do you have a specific product in mind that qualifies for your above suggestions?
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by Veiniously: 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2019
urban and regional planning student?
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by udemzyudex(m): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2019
100k won't get you what you want. Budget #130-150, at least that will still get you something that will likely handle your job.
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by drmorphine(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2019
udemzyudex:
100k won't get you what you want. Budget #130-150, at least that will still get you something that will likely handle your job.

Thanks, do you have any specific brand in mind?
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by EngrBouss(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2019
drmorphine:

All try getting a solid state drive rather than a HDD, it will increase your system speed. 256gig should be okay,any huger is better
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by phazotron(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2019
drmorphine:
Nairalander computer gurus, Please advise on a moderate laptop computer ( probably used/ pre-owned) that has specifications that can run GIS softwares like QGIS and ARGIS very smoothly without lagging. I'm personally thinking of a laptop with a processor speed of 3.0Ghz and 1TB hard drive among other specs. My budget for the laptop is less than 100k.
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by udemzyudex(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2019
drmorphine:

Hp dell just get at least 8gb with 2gb dedicated graphic Nvidia core i5 4gen

At least.
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by phazotron(m): 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2019
udemzyudex:

At least.

Bros is HP and dell the only brands that make laptops with that spec? Nawao......focus on the spec and not the brand @op. Infact I have an Acer with core i5 and 2gb dedicated graphics @95k but won't be available until this coming weekend unfortunately. If you can wait, thats fine.
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by udemzyudex(m): 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
phazotron:

Bros is HP and dell the only brands that make laptops with that spec? Nawao......focus on the spec and not the brand @op. Infact I have an Acer with core i5 and 2gb dedicated graphics @95k but won't be available until this coming weekend unfortunately. If you can wait, thats fine.

You read am for my post as I talk say na only dell and hp dey make laptop with that spec?

Your busy body too much oga. Just say you wan market your product oga nobody hold you.

1 Like

Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by phazotron(m): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2019
udemzyudex:

You read am for my post as I talk say na only dell and hp dey make laptop with that spec?

Your busy body too much oga. Just say you wan market your product oga nobody hold you.

That's what you wrote nau.....ur own busy body no much abi? check ur post well. Any brand is okay. Na spec b d koko abeg
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by udemzyudex(m): 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2019
phazotron:

That's what you wrote nau.....ur own busy body no much abi? check ur post well. Any brand is okay. Na spec b d koko abeg

Oga shift go one side abeg.

I ask for a specific brand I said dell , hp and I said just get at least ,he can decide to go for any other brands but he should go for anything below that.

Moreover most client will likely go for hp or dell as their first choice any other brand is secondary, you need to do more marketing for other brands just like you're doing now.
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by drmorphine(m): 12:36am On Dec 02, 2019
udemzyudex:

I ask for a specific brand I said dell , hp and I said just get at least ,he can decide to go for any other brands but he should go for anything below that.

Moreover most client will likely go for hp or dell as their first choice any other brand is secondary, you need to do more marketing for other brands just like you're doing now.

phazotron:

Abeg, Chairman I appreciate your efforts in giving me your opinions. Kindly, let's not insult each other. Please Abeg o!
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by Reejuvi: 6:55am On Dec 02, 2019
Gaming Laptops for sale with;
Intel Core i7 9750H 9th Generation Processor
Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti
Nvidia RTX 2060
Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-q
120Hz to 144Hz IPS FHD

Check our signature.
Whatsapp: https:///2348145061561
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by phazotron(m): 8:31am On Dec 02, 2019
udemzyudex:

Ure the one looking for trouble here. I'm correcting u and ure here hurling insults. Simple point ure not understanding. Smh.
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by udemzyudex(m): 8:44am On Dec 02, 2019
phazotron:

Ure the one looking for trouble here. I'm correcting u and ure here hurling insults. Simple point ure not understanding. Smh.

Where is the insult in my post and who are you correcting? Correcting me for what exactly?
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by clintz(m): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2019
drmorphine:

Thanks boss. Do you have a specific product in mind that qualifies for your above suggestions?

Any brand will do but please avoid any laptop with celeron processors they do over heat and don’t last long. You can look for a fairly used dell xps15 they are rugged and will deliver as planned.
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by drmorphine(m): 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2019
udemzyudex:

At least.

Any other person here with this spec with good battery under 100k
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by Jamesilvar(m): 11:55am On Dec 03, 2019
clintz:

Any brand will do but please avoid any laptop with celeron processors they do over heat and don’t last long. You can look for a fairly used dell xps15 they are rugged and will deliver as planned.

I have mint dell xps 15 available.

https://www.nairaland.com/5561794/dell-xps-15-mint-like
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by drmorphine(m): 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
More options please
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by BetaTechnicians: 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2019
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by drmorphine(m): 6:21am On Dec 07, 2019
Re: Advise On Moderate Laptop Capable Of Running Intense GIS Modelling by BetaTechnicians: 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
drmorphine:

Where are you located, please

Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

How To Activate The Latest MTN Free 30GB Data - Valid For 30days / Mtn Latest Freebrowsing Software / Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.