Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? (33481 Views)

I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil / 18th Coronation Anniversary Of The King Of Kings And Lord Of Lords Leader Olumba / Pandemonium As Masquerades And Lord's Chosen Mopols Encounter In Public. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by sonmvayina(m): 8:47am On Dec 01, 2019
AlphaStyles:
so upon the decades of showing you people verses upon verses calling Jesus Christ the son of God who God sent on Earth to sacrifice himself for the sins of man u people still can't grasp it?

Did God EVER say he was going to send his son? Which prophet prophesied that?..

God already provided a solution to sin in 2nd Chronicles 7 :14..what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Bojack(m): 8:48am On Dec 01, 2019
Confusion
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 01, 2019
God is a general office consisting of the father, the son and the holyspirit. This three can be referred to as God. However, the chief among them is the father who orchestrated all things through the son and the Holy Ghost.
Lord God is Jesus Christ. Read genesis very well to get the understanding.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Crownjew: 8:49am On Dec 01, 2019
Lord is just one of the names of our Almighty God.
Happy Sunday guys

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Isoduwa(m): 8:49am On Dec 01, 2019
Na Jesus, who dey ask before?
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Ayoefa: 8:49am On Dec 01, 2019
God is English name for the almighty being same as Eledumare in Yoruba, Allah in Arabic, chineke in Igbo.
Jesus was just a prophet that you guys have turned to your god. He was nothing bu a man just like you and me.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Kylekent59: 8:50am On Dec 01, 2019
It just like a "Male" and a "Man"
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by SexytorresE(f): 8:50am On Dec 01, 2019
Ask his followers. Let’s see what they have to say grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 01, 2019
AlphaStyles:
so upon the decades of showing you people verses upon verses calling Jesus Christ the son of God who God sent on Earth to sacrifice himself for the sins of man u people still can't grasp it?
we are saying the same thing, we are all son of God Almighty, God Almighty sent Jesus, we all know that, just like God sent several prophet before him, the also came with their Revelations, and the sacrificed their life trying to change our part, and also died trying. My point is, Jesus isn't God and there is no statement (unambiguous) in the Bible that Jesus said, 'I am God' or Jesus said 'Everyone please worship me'. No prophet including The final prophet, Mohammed (SAW) Never said so.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by BOBAN2710: 8:52am On Dec 01, 2019
OtemAtum:
God Almighty is the creator of the universe
Lord is used mostly for local gods like Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, Oduduwa, Enlil, Atum, Enki, etc.

God Almighty, the creator of Jehovah, Allah, etc is the cause of Existence and the TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE.
ASK WHAT U DON'T KNOW

ALLAH IS GOD

GOD IS ALLAH

BUT IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGR

HOW DARE U CATEGORISE ALMIGHTY ALLAH WITH OTHER gods

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by AlphaStyles(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2019
sonmvayina:

Did God EVER say he was going to send his son? Which prophet prophesied that?..

God already provided a solution to sin in 2nd Chronicles 7 :14..what do you think?
so angel Gabriel that went to prophetise to Mary about her bearing a son the saviour of mankind didn't do that? He went to meet Mary to discuss financial markets abi?

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Kevinsamba: 8:54am On Dec 01, 2019
Do you smoke on Sundays quote author=Ogegeodey post=84517806]

YES! Jesus is the son of God, but Jesus is God also that's why he said "I and the father are one"
So Lord is God and Good is lord[/quote]
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Gabson001(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2019
johnmba:

Confusion. Please break it down
why won't you ve confused
mba's family
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by AlphaStyles(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2019
Snowale:
we are saying the same thing, we are all son of God Almighty, God Almighty sent Jesus, we all know that, just like God sent several prophet before him, the also came with their Revelations, and the sacrificed their life trying to change our part, and also died trying. My point is, Jesus isn't God and there is no statement (unambiguous) in the Bible that Jesus said, 'I am God' or Jesus said 'Everyone please worship me'. No prophet including The final prophet, Mohammed (SAW) Never said so.
please read my statement and read your statement and see if we are saying the same thing

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Cutehector(m): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2019
Lord means one having power or authority over others. Jesus is lord because he said.

All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me by my father.

God means supreme. Jesus is God because the bible says that in the beginning, the word already existed, the word was with God and the word was God.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by OtemAtum: 8:57am On Dec 01, 2019
BOBAN2710:

ASK WHAT U DON'T KNOW

ALLAH IS GOD

GOD IS ALLAH

BUT IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGR

HOW DARE U CATEGORISE ALMIGHTY ALLAH WITH OTHER gods

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Allah himself cannot open his mouth at this time to say that he is God Almighty. Go and read the book of MCC 1:14 and see how God Almighty created Allah. Peace.
MCC 1: 14
14 . Now the names of some of these beings (created by God Almighty) are Knoliud, Miklas, Urim, Chimides, Chaleb, Eartum who is also called Atum, Largas, who is also called Allah, ..., Yahweh, Wanyioyi,... Abassi, Nzame, Nyame;

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by dfrost: 8:57am On Dec 01, 2019
AgamaProf:
God is a general office consisting of the father, the son and the holyspirit. This three can be referred to as God. However, the chief among them is the father who orchestrated all things through the son and the Holy Ghost.
Lord God is Jesus Christ. Read genesis very well to get the understanding.

Lord God is Jesus Christ? Whattttttt? cheesy grin shocked
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 01, 2019
Husbands are Lords too. Lord means owner and has nothing to do with religion.
God is the Lord of humans, please you religious folks should stop the madness here. sad

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by gaventa: 8:59am On Dec 01, 2019
GOD is one. Different Names as a result of Religion which is a ManMade Act. All religions have a striking similarity as regards it’s connection with the messengers of GOD. Mohammed, JESUS , OGUN, AMADIOHA etc are all messengers of God as Man made religion has stated it to be. However the peculiarity of Jesus Christ is that he is the way to Salvation. Others do not preach Salvation but he preached Salvation. Lord in this case means a Superior which means Jesus being God in human form is superior to All other Humans. That’s why we call him “LORD”. I leave you religion Arguers with this.” GOD IS TOO BIG TO BE SERVED IN ONE WAY.
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by omoiyamayor(m): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2019
God is generally know as identity of someone we know but never see or meet believing that he owns everything we can ever imagine,
Lord to me is an English word use as a title for someone of noble rank or high quality.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by dfrost: 9:00am On Dec 01, 2019
OtemAtum:

Allah himself cannot open his mouth at this time to say that he is God Almighty. Go and read the book of MCC 1:14 and see how God Almighty created Allah. Peace.
MCC 1: 14
14 . Now the names of some of these beings (created by God Almighty) are Knoliud, Miklas, Urim, Chimides, Chaleb, Eartum who is also called Atum, Largas, who is also called Allah, ..., Yahweh, Wanyioyi,... Abassi, Nzame, Nyame;

Largas is Allah? This topic go enter another thing oOo cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by sagieramos(m): 9:02am On Dec 01, 2019
OtemAtum:
God Almighty is the creator of the universe
Lord is used mostly for local gods like Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, Oduduwa, Enlil, Atum, Enki, etc.

God Almighty, the creator of Jehovah, Allah, etc is the cause of Existence and the TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE.

God/god is a mere title of a supreme being. And their may be many gods or lords, but to us, we have only one God, his name Jehovah (cause [everything] to become]), and we have one lord, the appointmented king of the whole earth by Jehovah, his name is Jesus (Jah is salvation)

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by TruthHurts100: 9:04am On Dec 01, 2019
Both are titles. We have plenty gods and plenty lords. They are all titles.

If you're talking about Names... Then it's another discussion.
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:06am On Dec 01, 2019
Chaiii.... U guys need to fo serious research.... Smh
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by jamp: 9:07am On Dec 01, 2019
SURELAND:
Read John 12: 44 to 50

I have read it. Jesus talking about who sent him.

He came and took flesh. If I have power I can stay in Benin and send myself to Okene to perform a task.

If witches can be lying on their beds and still travel to another place why can't God be in heaven and send himself too to earth

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:08am On Dec 01, 2019
sagieramos:

God/god is a mere title of a supreme being. And their may be many gods or lords, but to us, we have only one God, his name Jehovah (cause [everything] to become]), and we have one lord, the appointmented king of the whole earth by Jehovah, his name is Jesus (Jah is salvation)
Thank u..... THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER HERE IS THIS

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by ogawisdom(m): 9:08am On Dec 01, 2019
Lord is used more for Jesus Christ but then he is one with his father God, therefore Lord and God is the same
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by OtemAtum: 9:09am On Dec 01, 2019
sagieramos:

Have you read the Book of MCC 1: 14? If you did, you would have seen how Jehovah was created by God Almighty.

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Nnamebuka: 9:09am On Dec 01, 2019
Snowale:
We all believe we can be called son of God(Not begotten son, God was never given birth to and never gave birth), if we can be called son of God and Jesus can also be called son of God, means we and Jesus are all ranked the same, but Jusus been more a prophet, a messanger and the second to the last prophet, ranked him above we humans, so we can call him our Lord or any other attributes that ranks him above us. There is no statement (unambiguous) in the Bible where Jesus said I am God or worship me. These two statements are ambiguous, but you prefer the meaning that says Lord and God is the same, why not otherwise.

Simple!

I don't know why our Christian faith is yet to make this simply unambiguous truth known to its adherents.

Jesus at no time considered himself equal with God nor did he ever covet position of the Godship. (Phil. 2: 5-7)

When he raised Lazarus from the dead he prayed. Question is to whom? to God! (John 11: 41-43)

Many scriptural quotations abound that prove that Jesus is not God nor did he consider himself to be one.

Tue to people who allowed themselves to be confused on a matter that is simple and straightforward. It is even more nauseating that they take pride in their ignorance. Am out of here!

BTW Lord either written in caps or not is a general title (not name) to denote a man of noble rank or a high office eg A JUDGE.
But God cannot be borne by any one (god maybe). God is exclusive to and can only be borne by God almighty which Jesus is not. As a result of his position as a prince (nobility/high ranking office) he however can be addressed as Lord. And countless times he was addressed thus by his disciples and the commoners.

Additionally 1 Corinthians 8:5,6 spoke of one God the Almighty and one Lord Jesus Christ.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by OtemAtum: 9:10am On Dec 01, 2019
dfrost:

Largas is Allah? This topic go enter another thing oOo cheesy grin

You can read up the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY for the origin of this truth. It spans the history of god beings and human beings from billions of years back.
https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos Peace.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 01, 2019
All are the same, but logic shows some differences

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom / Apostle Johnson Suleman Lands In Egypt For 'Help From Above' (Photos) / Different Kinds Of People You Will Meet In Nigerian Churches (Meme Collection)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.