Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? (33479 Views)

I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil / 18th Coronation Anniversary Of The King Of Kings And Lord Of Lords Leader Olumba / Pandemonium As Masquerades And Lord's Chosen Mopols Encounter In Public. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Deandean: 9:57am On Dec 01, 2019
sonmvayina:
There are several Gods, I can name quite a few, but only ONE Lord.. The Jews called him Hashem, the Babylonian called him Marduk, we igbos call him CHUKWU, the Yoruba call him Eledumare, the benins call him Osanobua... He is the lugal dimmer Ankia which literally translate to the divine king Of heaven and earth.....

God's include Enki, Enlil., inanna, Ogun, olokun, sango... Etc.

The Jesus story actually comes from ancient tales about Marduk.. Marduk happens to be the son of Enki, but he won his place as head of the pantheon when he defeated Tiamat.. All the Gods and goddess crowned him their king.

It was Athanasius that said he was both God and man at the council of nicea in other to satisfy all factions at the council.. So Eusebius was commissioned to write and fashion a human history for him and the product was the gospel of Mark... "make it to astonish" was emperor Constantine order... They were written accordingly.. Says Eusebius, the master forger..

Olodo...who told u there z 1 lord...what of Landlord,lord in courts,even Lord of d rings...loll

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by OtemAtum: 10:02am On Dec 01, 2019
Harkyn92:

God is one as you said and its the same God we Muslims call Allah. Allah is just arabic language of calling God and not small God.
Allah/God create small gods that some people call Lord which I can say Jesus is one of them.

Allah himself is a small god created by God Almighty. Go and read the book of MCC 1:14 and you'll see how he was created. That you didn't know the creator of Allah earlier doesn't negate the fact that he was created also, just as you are. This period is the period when the Creator of Allah, Jehovah, Olorun, Atum and all other gods ever worshipped is being revealed. Read the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY for details.
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by tiredoflife(m): 10:13am On Dec 01, 2019
God means the creator
Lord is the one given authority
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by SURELAND: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2019
jamp:

I have read it. Jesus talking about who sent him.

He came and took flesh. If I have power I can stay in Benin and send myself to Okene to perform a task.

If witches can be lying on their beds and still travel to another place why can't God be in heaven and send himself too to earth
Did Jesus explain that to you ? If yes pls show me in the Bible
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Breakingnews911: 10:15am On Dec 01, 2019
Snowale:
We all believe we can be called son of God(Not begotten son, God was never given birth to and never gave birth), if we can be called son of God and Jesus can also be called son of God, means we and Jesus are all ranked the same, but Jusus been more a prophet, a messanger and the second to the last prophet, ranked him above we humans, so we can call him our Lord or any other attributes that ranks him above us. There is no statement (unambiguous) in the Bible where Jesus said I am God or worship me. These two statements are ambiguous, but you prefer the meaning that says Lord and God is the same, why not otherwise.

You're person is a Muslim. Probably talking about the koranic Jesus, Isa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by FemiEddy(m): 10:18am On Dec 01, 2019
johnmba:
Have been wondering if there is a difference between the two. My reason is this: we believe that Jesus is God and in St. Paul's letter he said " Blessed be God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ"

Also Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit said " who am I that the mother of my Lord should visit me".

So people is there any difference.
God and Lord are the same and unfortunately the world is deceived for this are not true names of of the deity of the Hebrews the chosen of the creator. In a court, they use lord well, there are several Gods, either capital or not capital, they are the same thing. The Bible was translated from Hebrew and the true name of the creator was hidden and changed into God and Lord. Also the name of the savior was changed as well If you seek the truth with all your heart, You will find it. Ask the creator for grace, He is full of grace and truth. We are being deceived.more blessings brother ✨

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Zenithpeak(m): 10:25am On Dec 01, 2019
God..... JEHOVAH

The word gods is a title in the hierarchy of spiritual order. But there is 'a' spiritual head outside and far above the hierarchy who is being referred to as God and by revelation, we know His name to be JEHOVAH, YAHWEH, I AM.

So, anytime you are talking know precisely whom you're dealing with because, there several other gods within the hierarchy of spiritual order and the are active but with negative forces.

JEHOVAH created the heaven and the earth and all other beings either in heaven , on earth or below the earth surface. So when we use the word God we are talking about Jehovah.

Gen 1 from vs 1- Bible kept saying "and God said" throughout the days of creation but in chapter 2 when man was introduced into the scheme of things, the Bible started calling him Lord God.

In chapter 1, he was God over all his creation but in chapter 2, he became their (Adam and Eve) God because he created them and Lord because they can live and survive under his guidance and authority. We all know what happened the day they took instruction from another being (Satan).
The lordship over them passed unto Satan which brought man against the will of God for mankind.

If he's your God, then, you must recognized him as your Lord. If he's your Lord, you must live under his guidance and authority.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by r4fan: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2019
There is only one true God (Allah, Olodumare, Olohun, Ubangiji, Chinese and other lingual representations) All other beings the Alpha and Omega are creatures of the Almighty. He is the only one deserving of true worship, being the creator and originator of the whole universe.

God is also the Lord of the heavens and the earth. He sustains and provides and takes care of his creature without even an effort of their e.g. provision of nutrition to a child in the womb through the mammalian.

The Lordship of God differs from that of his creatures I.e. landlord, lord of court, lord of water reservoir etc., it is not ephemeral, short lived like that of humans who die and ate inherited by an offspring. God does not die and without his sustenance for a second all existence will crumble to naught.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Faradmax: 10:30am On Dec 01, 2019
...with reference to the book of John 1:14....that says ' ..And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us,..' We should read the first book of Adam and Eve chapter 14 verse 3-6....where God said to Adam..'"All this mistery that you have been made to take to be on yourself because of your transgression will not free you...But i will. When I shall come down from heaven and become flesh of your descendants, and take on Myself the Infirmity from which you suffer.......And I, who Am without years, shall be subject to rekoning of years of months, and of days, and I shall be reckoned as one of the sons of men in order to save you............"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by femi4: 10:31am On Dec 01, 2019
johnmba:
Have been wondering if there is a difference between the two. My reason is this: we believe that Jesus is God and in St. Paul's letter he said " Blessed be God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ"

Also Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit said " who am I that the mother of my Lord should visit me".

So people is there any difference.
God is Lord but every Lord is not God. You can make anything "Lord" over you

Lord is an appellation for a person or deity who has authority, control, or power over others acting like a master, a chief, or a ruler.

E.g NL is Lord in some people's life

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by r4fan: 10:34am On Dec 01, 2019
All other beings besides the Almighty God including all mankind, angels, spirits, animate and inanimate objects are his creatures. Thus Moses, Abraham, Jesus, and Muhammad are creatures of the One and Only True God.
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Zenithpeak(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2019
sonmvayina:
There are several Gods, I can name quite a few, but only ONE Lord.. The Jews called him Hashem, the Babylonian called him Marduk, we igbos call him CHUKWU, the Yoruba call him Eledumare, the benins call him Osanobua... He is the lugal dimmer Ankia which literally translate to the divine king Of heaven and earth.....

God's include Enki, Enlil., inanna, Ogun, olokun, sango... Etc.

The Jesus story actually comes from ancient tales about Marduk.. Marduk happens to be the son of Enki, but he won his place as head of the pantheon when he defeated Tiamat.. All the Gods and goddess crowned him their king.

It was Athanasius that said he was both God and man at the council of nicea in other to satisfy all factions at the council.. So Eusebius was commissioned to write and fashion a human history for him and the product was the gospel of Mark... "make it to astonish" was emperor Constantine order... They were written accordingly.. Says Eusebius, the master forger..

Semovita or what did you call your moniker?

You better go and format your corrupted hard disk. Horse poo is dangerous to your health please stop it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Klins(m): 10:38am On Dec 01, 2019
God is the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.The name God is given to the spirit or being who is worshipped as the creator and ruler of the world, especially by Jews, Christians, and Muslims.He believes in God.

Lord is a person who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler.A lord can also be a man who has a high rank in the nobility,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by gazza07(m): 10:38am On Dec 01, 2019
johnmba:

Confusion. Please break it down
as in eeh
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by noleflendum: 10:49am On Dec 01, 2019
OtemAtum:
God Almighty is the creator of the universe
Lord is used mostly for local gods like Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, Oduduwa, Enlil, Atum, Enki, etc.

God Almighty, the creator of Jehovah, Allah, etc is the cause of Existence and the TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE.
is your head paining you?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by ujampie: 11:01am On Dec 01, 2019
Birniwa:

Illiteracy is indeed a disease, may you be cured anytime soon.

Allah is an Arabic term that means The Almighty God and doesn't equally denote to your local god like Jehovah or Jesus as you termed it earlier.
I think you are more of an illiterate for calling our LORD JESUS CHRIST a local God!!!!..... May God forgive you and your blood sucking Allah or what ever you people call that terrorist creating Creatures
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by oneTIMEman(m): 11:02am On Dec 01, 2019
Any master can answer Lord. Anybody can answer lord. But God is ONE

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 01, 2019
Mftivi:
Jesus is God not a prophet.
I said bring out an unambiguous statement out of your Bible, that Jesus said 'I am God' or 'worship me', if truly Jesus is God and he want us to worship him, it would clearly be stated several in the Bible.
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 01, 2019
Wantedmiller:

quickly rush to John 9 : 35 to 40!

You might see something that interest you!
Just like I said, bring out an unambiguous statement in the Bible that Jesus himself said 'I am God' or 'worship me', if truly he is God and wanted to be worshipped, it would have been stated clearly in the Bible
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by olaayinkha(m): 11:12am On Dec 01, 2019
Ose...
So what do you call your foreign God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Teefortee: 11:12am On Dec 01, 2019
I believe that God can also be Lord but Lord can't be God, which I think is the difference. In other words, God is God and God can be called anything according to personal, cultural, racial or tribal reception or belief while Lord will only be Lord. For example in Christianity, Jesus the son of God is Lord. Just as expected of a Lord, Jesus represents, mediates for believers at the throne of God.
Just like in other religions, society or race, some people believe in some deities that mediates for them at the throne of God.
So I'll simply put, God can be Lord or anything God wants to be because God is supreme and infinite in character, Lord can only be Lord(mediator, sympathizer, representative etc).
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Louis91: 11:14am On Dec 01, 2019
God na Jevovah while Lord na Buccaneer
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 01, 2019
AlphaStyles:
please read my statement and read your statement and see if we are saying the same thing
Analyse what I said with apt concentration, relate it with what you said and the topic.
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by TIBLOSMITH(m): 11:17am On Dec 01, 2019
I believe "Lord" is a title attributed to the highest supreme being while "God" is the name of the Almighty, the creator. Jehovah is called both Lord and God. (I stand to be corrected).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Enemyofpeace: 11:21am On Dec 01, 2019
jamp:
There is no difference. God is Lord

Both means the same thing.

Lalasticla abi
wetin lala sabi? Na for only snake matter he fit answer you correctly, that is, which snake sweet pass among others and what part of snake sweet pass

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by clemzo101(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2019
Cutehector:
Lord means one having power or authority over others. Jesus is lord because he said.

All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me by my father.

God means supreme. Jesus is God because the bible says that in the beginning, the word already existed, the word was with God and the word was God.
But same Bible said Jesus is first born of God's creation. So for me God created Jesus and gave him power to do things. God remain God. This theory of Trinity was sneaked into the church by the Catholics. I am a born Catholic though

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by OyinO: 11:23am On Dec 01, 2019
GOD means (Gold Oil and Diamond). The kingdom of God means the kingdom of Gold Oil and Diamond in the hands of men controlling America and other dominating economies of the industrialised NORTHERN HEMISPHERE. Lord means a Leader and Authoritative Entity in a system.
GOD is the REMOVAL OF ONE "O" from GOOD. That's why God is Good. It has no other meaning. DEVIL is the ADDITION OF "D" to EVIL. That's why DEvil is Evil. Outside this two personification of GOOD AND EVIL, these two don't exist as entities except in Arabic and Islamic misreligions of mass effemination, control, subjection, subjugation, suppression, extortion, exploitation and manipulation of the dumb masses. Lord is a slave commander or commissioned colonial officer of imperial Europe. The Lord of European Lords is a white man with long hairs and blue eyes nailed to a cross. The cross itself is a sword turned upside down. It's also the symbol of Greco-Roman HOMOSEXUALITY. That's why their Trinity is FATHER, SON AND HOLY GOAT (MALE) with no place for GOD THE MOTHER AND DAUGHTER = Homosexual Godhead Relationship
Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by clemzo101(m): 11:24am On Dec 01, 2019
Even Jesus himself acknowledge the fact that everything he has is given to him by father above, Jesus can not do anything without his father God.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Kokoebapluse(m): 11:26am On Dec 01, 2019
God: is Allah

Lord is a person in high rank in this world,

I can be a lord, you can be a lord but you can never be a God

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by mruserandpass: 11:36am On Dec 01, 2019
God is the creator of all beings and things. He is the only God. God gave us Jesus..our lord and saviour. Depending on ur being and belief, we are too small to access GOD because of our sinful nature, so we go thru our Lord (Jesus).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by Kaa4(m): 11:42am On Dec 01, 2019
There is so much confusion, even among Christians on which is which.

God is the Supreme being who created everything sustaining on the face of the earth by His Word of Power. His Word brought Jesus into the pregnancy state of Mary to conceive John 1:1-3. There are other gods who we allude less powers to. Those are Sango, Ogun or all the other ones in different languages. Generally these gods are with less power than the supreme Almighty The intent is to separate these from the Supreme being.

God is the LORD, Jesus is the Lord and men in life and power are lords. The understanding is that the Supreme being is the LORD of all. Jesus is the Lord and for those who have accepted Him. There are lords spiritual and temporal all over the place. The understanding is that who ever has power over you and can control your life is your lord. It now depends on which one is of interest to you.

So God is the supreme LORD over all. Though not all accept Him, this does not change anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? by GeneralPula: 11:44am On Dec 01, 2019
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom / Apostle Johnson Suleman Lands In Egypt For 'Help From Above' (Photos) / Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.