Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution (56946 Views)

BREAKING: Tinubu’s Guinean Passport Is “diplomatic Passport”, Embassy Confirms / Nigeria Diplomatic Passport: Why Politicians Don't Release Theirs After Office / APC To Fayose: Joining Our Party Won’t Shield You From Prosecution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by mmsen: 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2019
executive12:

So you, as a man, does not have responsibility for raising your kids. Only the mother has that responsibility?
People look for sales girls, generally because the girls are more trust worthy.

Of course I have a responsibilty to my children. That does not negate any of the issues that I have raised. Points that you keep ignoring.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by executive12: 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2019
ThePreachersSon:

If a citizen of Neverland comes to Nigeria, commits financial crimes, and then flees to Ireland. Nigeria can still request for him to be extradited, and he'd face his charges.

If Diezani renounces her Nigerian Citizenship it still doesn't change the fact that she stole. She would still have her day in court.
I'd suggest that the FG hires some goons to kidnap her and bring her back. Isreali people de good for that kind thing.

Are you sure they actually want to prosecute her? What is stopping them from applying for extradition?
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Tedpgrass: 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2019
helinues:

BENEFITS OF A DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT

Red carpet treatment and diplomatic lounge use at many airports
No tax liability on several income sources
No counting the days for immigration purposes
Easier visa restrictions
Use of CC or CD or Consul license plates on cars
Access to salon d’honneur government lounges
Prestige internationally
Instant door opener in political or business environments
Meeting top ranking government officials in any country
Sovereign inviolable status of your home and residence
Free visas to any country and visa free travel in many cases
Never pay airport departure tax
Volvo and BMW diplomatic cars at 20-40% discount (max 2 cars per year)
Travel upgrades on airlines and hotels.

Kai...
Make I look for how to get one myself...

Chai chai

Will this apply to the whole family as well??

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by AnyoneButAtiku: 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2019
Gandollaar:
Efcc recently dropped the charges against her, so what's the OP talking about?

Liar, liar, pants on fire...

November 27, 2019

EFCC Has Not Dropped Charges Against Diezani, Others

The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has been drawn to reports currently circulating in the social media, purporting that the Commission had dropped the criminal charge against a former minister of petroleum resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke and other persons indicted for money laundering.

The Commission enjoins members of the public to disregard the report which is false and misleading. At no time did the Commission withdraw the charge, which is still before Justice Muslim Hassan of the Federal High Court, Lagos.

The only development was that the Commission took a prosecutorial decision to split the initial 14-count charge to enable separate arraignment of the defendants following a spate of adjournments that prevented the arraignment of the defendants more than one year after the case was listed.

The charges were first filed on November 28, 2018. Since then, every attempt to arraign the defendants had been frustrated by one excuse or the other. In more than four times that the matter was called for arraignment, it was either that Lanre Adesanya was sick and bedridden in a London Hospital or Nnamdi Okonkwo was hypertensive and on admission in a hospital or StanleyLawson had had a domestic accident and could not appear in court.

It was clear that these recurring excuses were ploys to frustrate the arraignment. To get around this, the Commission took a deliberate decision, which was disclosed in open court, to separately prosecute the defendants in different courts. This explains why the four count amended charge brought against Dauda Lawal, a former executive director of First Bank, did not include other defendants, except the two who are at large( Diezani Alison-Madueke and Ben Otti). And the ingredients of the offence stated therein only pertains to Lawal’s involvement in the alleged crime, which is the receipt of $25million from the $153million 2015 Peoples Democratic Party presidential election slush fund.

The non-inclusion of other defendants in the original charge in the amended four count charge does not mean that have been exonerated by the Commission of any criminal allegation.
Read more: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/365379-efcc-denies-dropping-corruption-charges-against-diezani-ex-bank-chief-others.html
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by helinues: 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2019
Tedpgrass:

Kai...
Make I look for how to get one myself...

Chai chai

Will this apply to the whole family as well??

Diezani bought a house of $2m in New York to get her own

Diplomatic passport is from $1m upward per person
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by femicyrus(m): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2019
Stalwert:
This is what beerfraudians wish upon Nigeria, they want this sort of criminals back in power.
I fear if they should rule Nigeria one day. the north has better brains to lead us than what they are giving us now in pmb. I prefer the north to this people who can heartlessly steal and be smart at the same time. the west are the best to lead the country but they are also cowards
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Legendguru: 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2019
Oh
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by executive12: 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2019
VULCAN:
If this information is true it shows how lazy and daft the EFCC really is.

It's been 4yrs of footdragging and now we find out she had a diplomatic passport all the while.

I'm sure the EFCC didn't know about all this otherwise why bother taking her to court.

Dumbbells in human form

If you watch the Al Jazeera documentary, it informs that diplomatic passport does not confer immunity from criminal prosecution outside the country to which you are appointed. So she does not enjoy immunity from criminal prosecution in Nigeria. They can try her in Nigeria and if convicted, the Dominica will quickly revoke her appointment and diplomatic passport. Refer to the case of the Iranian Ali Reza monfared. The Dominica appointed him Ambassador with diplomatic passport to match. He is presently serving 20 years in Iran for stealing from the Iranian government. As soon as he was arrested by Iran, the Dominica PM revoked his appointment.
The EFCC is not being truthful to Nigerians. I suspect that Magu has collected huge bribe and is just looking for an excuse to give to Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by executive12: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
ibechris:
The woman is not only beautiful but smarter than Nigerian govt.

But as it is,she is no longer a Nigerian citizen by definition.

She doesn't have to be a Nigerian citizen to be prosecuted in Nigeria.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by swiftsulex(m): 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
BlackfireX:
Leave the woman alone you jobless, propaganda media..... The money she was accused of stealing ,is it your Father's money

You an extremely foolish Nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
UnitedNigeriaUN:

LET NIGERIANS LEARN TO THINK B4 REACTION.

You are asking for a miracle
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by executive12: 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2019
itsme01:

Oga say what you know not everyone is a novice here, getting a foriegn passport isnt a joke not to talk of diplomatic blue passports , Diplomatic Lawyers(which isnt even a meaningfull word) or International Lawyers cant and wont arrange such for you as you need the approval of the president on Diplomatic Passports and he can withdraw it at anytime

so if you think she isnt smart then why cant Olisa Metuh, Uzor Kalu, Tafa Balogun, Bode George Alamieghasaha, James Ibori all get diplomatic passports and free themselves from any form of prosecution? i will tell you why its cos they aint smart and dont have the backing of an husband like Rear Admiral Allison Amaechina Madueke, who has connects and contacts almost everywhere as a well trained naval officer

For your information, a diplomatic passport does not free one from prosecution.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by BlackfireX: 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2019
swiftsulex:

You are an extremely gullible zombie
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by BlackfireX: 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
Raxxye:

Foolish comment!

Foolish reader
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by itsme01: 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2019
executive12:

For your information, a diplomatic passport does not free one from prosecution.

yes it does except the embassy and consulate waves such right
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by BlackfireX: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2019
patani:

Lord have mercy on this slowpoke half baked idiotic individual

Bring tinubu out for prosecution.... North bring gandollar out for trial.... I will bring deziani out for EFCc..

Anything less than that, shut up..

No more emotional blackmail.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by executive12: 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2019
femicyrus:

I fear if they should rule Nigeria one day. the north has better brains to lead us than what they are giving us now in pmb. I prefer the north to this people who can heartlessly steal and be smart at the same time. the west are the best to lead the country but they are also cowards

Not surprised. You and your tribe seem to have accepted the position of slaves to the North. Shameless character.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by BlackfireX: 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2019
Benwems:

Yeah, same thing Yoruba people say about tinubu

Don't mind some people,
Diezani can rot in jail for all I care, but you shield yours, and expect me to bring mine to be killed.

Some months ago they drop bogus charges on her, which means 70-90 % of charges were media trial.

Taaaa no more emotional blackmail

2 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by BlackfireX: 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2019
vezycash:

Na wah for you o. No dey support bad thing. In fact na my money she and the rest dey steal.

And why are these people excluded..

Tinubu, ganduje, buruntai, Abba kyari, Amaechi,Ajimobi, Akpabio, ....
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by executive12: 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2019
itsme01:

yes it does except the embassy and consulate waves such right

If you did not watch the documentary, you may want to watch it.
The Iranian Ali Reza Monfared who was given Ambassadorship and diplomatic passport was still arrested and prosecuted by Iran. He is currently serving 20 years in Iran. An American also, with diplomatic passport, jailed in the US.
You have to understand that no country or their leaders want to be seen as criminals by the international community.
If the EFCC is serious, they can prosecute Diezani. If they get a conviction, Dominica will quickly revoke Diezani's diplomatic status.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by maxzzo1(m): 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2019
Story for d gods , is it not d same efcc that drops some charges against her...
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by plaindealer: 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Thanks for the update. We will also like to know what's preventing Tinubu, Babachir Lawal from persecution undecided

Also we will like to know why EFCC did not finish what's in their sokoto before going to Sokoto

Hope you will update us soon, thanks in anticipation of your response grin grin hypocrites

And this one go think say him don drop sense when in fact na ignorance and rubbish him drop.. grin
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by plaindealer: 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2019
Btw, diplomatic passport is just a passport, it doesn't shield you from criminal liabilities.

If the US, Nigeria or any other country really really are gunning for her, her diplomatic passport can not protect her.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by otokx(m): 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2019
Smart woman, just have to give this one to her, it is good to go to school.
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Ybaby: 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
Beauty and Brains...... tongue What men tried to do women have succeeded in doing
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by masqot(m): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2019
Some women are beautiful but criminally influential
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by BlackfireX: 7:04pm On Dec 01, 2019
swiftsulex:

You are an extremely gullible zombie
Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by MSEdLAW(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2019
executive12:

If you did not watch the documentary, you may want to watch it.
The Iranian Ali Reza Monfared who was given Ambassadorship and diplomatic passport was still arrested and prosecuted by Iran. He is currently serving 20 years in Iran. An American also, with diplomatic passport, jailed in the US.
You have to understand that no country or their leaders want to be seen as criminals by the international community.
If the EFCC is serious, they can prosecute Diezani. If they get a conviction, Dominica will quickly revoke Diezani's diplomatic status.

The above persons where arrested on the soil of their native countries not overseas there is a principle of reciprocity in international law ... if the UK should violate the immunity Afforded by her diplomatic passport , then it should be ready to face a Diplomatic row with Dominica and it sets a terrible precedent . If she steps foot in Nigeria then boom they can arrest and burn her diplomatic passport.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution by Brush1: 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2019
BlackfireX:
Leave the woman alone you jobless, propaganda media..... The money she was accused of stealing ,is it your Father's money

Let me refreshing your dumb memory. That's everyone's money. Are you an idiot by nature?..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Uba All Smiles At His Nnewi Mansion After Anambra Election (Photos) / Reno Omokri: Frail Looking Tinubu Returns To Nigeria / Amotekun’s Inauguration: South-West Governor's, Ooni Of Ife Arrive Venue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.