Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,967 members, 7,799,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial (38160 Views)

Asari Dokubo To Governor Fubara: Rivers Is Not A Christian State / MURIC Blasts Governor Wike For Declaring Rivers Christian State / Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Stalwert: 11:50am On Dec 02, 2019
[s]
Enwhen:

Oh, those barren people in Anambra is the only point u have , Do I need to remind u on how ;

1. Islam was propagated in Nigeria via war ??

2. That ISIS are all Muslims ??

3. That Boko Haram want Nigeria to be declared Islamic state ??,

3 That all terrorists all Muslims but I cannot say all Muslims are terrorists

Now, tell me any state in the south or maybe Rivers, Abia, Delta... That are 100% Christians indigenous, that has established a religious law to check on citizens both the non-Christians , Pls just name one if there is... We know what is happening in Nigeria , we know what some of want... But. In Christianity, we don't fight for God, even if u blasphem or mess with the Holy bible, Is only God that can judge u, we cannot fight for God...Even President Trump alleged trying to ban Muslims in US , it's regarded as self righteousness , which will not wash away all his sins on judgement day , including Gov Wike who is saying Rivers is a christain state, if he is still a sinner , not yet a born again, he is still not a Christian... The brain behind Christain were those regarded as Christ-like...as such, self righteousness doesn't make u a Christian or a believer until u are free from sin...but you always attack christians without sharing the good word from the holy Qur'an killing people imposing Al jaizyal...with what is in Surat Al baqara 195 vs 2, which I dare u to screen shot for me, tell me why we won't have ISIS , Boko Haram, Terrorists ??... Tell me why President Trump will not want to Ban Muslims and Wike not to declared Rivers a christians state which their self righteousness with is not supported by the HOLY BIBLE ??
[/s]

So you agree Muslim children from Kano were forced into Christianity but you said it never happen, I just jingled your memory and you are writing lengthy apologia to dodge that fact! Go and deal with the demon of lying besieging you.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:57am On Dec 02, 2019
Coldie:

Mr u lie. Sharia law in Muslim states target everybody within that state.

Wike is far better than all those Muslim sharia state people. If not why in this world would northern states who collect allocations from VAT from Alcohol be destroying business of people who sell alcohol and be arresting non Muslims in possession of alcohol, this una half truths no work.

If u want to practice sharia practice it all in, reject all VAT's from alcohol or anything related to it.

Its only in northern states that Christian girls will be forced to wear hijab, but in the south its a matter of choice, i f Rivers state decides to walk the talk by being really a Christian state by now the Fg would declare a state of emergency in the state, cause nobody in the entire state would wear a hijab.

No northerner from a state that practices sharia has the moral right to criticize wike. Before u do go and remove the log in your own eyes first

The emboldened is a big lie. Year after year Muslim girls in hijab are prevented from writing exams in OAU and UI. You won't know because it doesn't affect you.

Until recently, Muslim girls in public schools weren't allowed to wear hijab to school.

School of nursing doesn't allow people in hijab.

UI staff school doesn't allow Muslim girls to wear hijab.

So you're either a deliberate and wicked liar or you're an ignorant dude who needs to STFU!!!
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Guyman02: 11:59am On Dec 02, 2019
Kano is not a Muslim state

Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by midnighter(f): 12:05pm On Dec 02, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
[s] I came across where the OP said that state religion is forbidden according to 1999 constitution. but I wonder why the Sokoto, Zamfara and other North Western States are exempted from the Constitution through their sharia practice and prohibition of Christianity in their state. [/s]

Mechie onu, inua enang
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by midnighter(f): 12:09pm On Dec 02, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
[s] pdp states are more confused than confusion itself [/s]

Mechie onu
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by nengibo: 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2019
And the writer couldn't identify himself, RIVERS STATE is a CHRISTIAN state if you don't like it, go to any of the sharia practicing states

1 Like

Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by f18spitfire(m): 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2019
What is Nigeria doing in organization of Islamic cooperation(OIC). Last time I checked Nigeria is a secular nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Enwhen(m): 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2019
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

So you agree Muslim children from Kano were forced into Christianity but you said it never happen, I just jingled your memory and you are writing lengthy apologia to dodge that fact! Go and deal with the demon of lying besieging you.

That I agree with you that those barren kidnappers forced them into Christianity , u are a stone hearted and know the wrongs already... I repeat in a nut shell, there is no part in the Bible that ask u to kidnap, kill, fight and force any to Christianity, as such, I DARE U AGAIN , to defend Surat Al baqara 195 vs 2 ... So that we can know who impose religion on who via voilent...Ask God to take away the demons in you decieving u that when u kill and die on the course, 7 virgins await you in paradise...ask God to take away the demons in you, that says you must use your last blood to champion the jihad...pray to God, to take away the like spirit in u , that is also remoting those holding Leah Sharibu for refusing to deny her faith.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Enwhen(m): 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

The emboldened is a big lie. Year after year Muslim girls in hijab are prevented from writing exams in OAU and UI. You won't know because it doesn't affect you.

Until recently, Muslim girls in public schools weren't allowed to wear hijab to school.

School of nursing doesn't allow people in hijab.

UI staff school doesn't allow Muslim girls to wear hijab.

So you're either a deliberate and wicked liar or you're an ignorant dude who needs to STFU!!!

Bro , you are not aware , the pit those in the north want us to go perish, we must surely get there one day but for the south west Muslims.... I have live in the north, those in Osun, Oyo, UI... Are taking clue from the northern Muslims , who impose their religion on everybody including those in private and Christian missionary school... A situation in the north , where u bring ur child a Muslim to Roman Catholic own private school and u impose hijab on the management that it's a right to worship is a time bomb in the north, and the southwest want it also, we shall get there ... Hijab has been snik into the NYSC during Baba Buhari regime , while others are not also allow to practise their faith is also a time bomb, because everybody must taste power and laws must be abolish...see, not untill we take away various religious beliefs or allow everybody to practice their religious beliefs as , we must surely get to that point of collapse... I know what I faced during the 2011 election in a Muslim dominated state even when my neighbours know that I don't vote but yet almost killed me for religion politics...we will get there if that's what u want.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by PrinceGallant: 12:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Punch and Lagos-Ibadan express agenda.

Stop trying to foist una agenda on Wike.

Wike said that Rivers is a Christian state and so be it.

Rivers state is not a Muslim state nor do the state practice any form of Islam...

And the Rivers state top the list of criminals state. What we know, from Nigerian news, is that Rivers State is a home of cultism and thuggery. So if you claim it is a Christian state, we will ask you do christians live in Rivers state?
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by KarlWhyte(m): 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2019
and how does this religious talks put food on d table of the common man.. well they always know how to press our mumu button!
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by d33types: 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2019
AnanseK:

“ alcohol meant for Christian consumption “ I wonder where you got your Christianity from shocked

Is alcohol drinking forbidden in Christianity ? Joker
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Nasir123(m): 1:23pm On Dec 02, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Punch and Lagos-Ibadan express agenda.

Stop trying to foist una agenda on Wike.

Wike said that Rivers is a Christian state and so be it.

Rivers state is not a Muslim state nor do the state practice any form of Islam...

Are you sure you read the part of the 'Nigeria Constitution'?

Do you guys want Nigeria to Grow or you want Nigeria to Die?

You people should just grow up I beg of you.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Nasir123(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2019
cornoil:
So Zamfara or Sokoto is not a Muslim State?

No state should be declared a religious state. Its against the "Nigeria Constitution".
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Nasir123(m): 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
itsme01:
cool

who cares what Rivers State is whether christian state or cultist state... why not upgrade infrastructure and leave story

*Last time i checked Rivers State Seaports have being concessioned to Alhaji Atiku Abubarkar and Alhaji Tinubu's INTELS and every ship that berths in that region pays them
*Many of the most juicy OML in Rivers Christian State are controlled by Alhaji with connection in NNPC towers abuja
*Every Northern and Southern Islamic state gets fat allocation from crude oil from our christian brothers in Rivers while we leave them with oil spilleage and gas flaring

Udom and Akpabio are building their state and opening it up for investors through mega stadium, state owned deep sea port, state owned 5 star hotels, Lagos is building a whole manmade Island on PPP arrangement for investors and rich folks, they are building mega interchange and getting mass transport right... Yet what this fat dude is concerned about is what middleeastern God he serves in his state

Are you sure you read the Write up?

You guys should better grow up abeg!
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2019
Nasir123:

Are you sure you read the part of the 'Nigeria Constitution'?

Do you guys want Nigeria to Grow or you want Nigeria to Die?

You people should just grow up I beg of you.

Which constitution?

Do that thing called constitution work here?

The earlier Nigeria dies, the better for everyone.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Nasir123(m): 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
Stalwert:

If that is the case, Zamfara and Sokoto should have not been criticized out of your cowardly ineptitude to copy them all these years.

The sweet thing about wike the cultist who bunchers Rivers behaviour which you quickly endorse goes to prove that you will cheer the devil as long as he antagonize Muslims, but guess what, your bloody cultist is only interested in eating undisturbed while pressing unah mumu botton

Thank you for this write up.
God bless you.

People just mumu for this country, and them dey claim the giant of Africa.
Mumu people.
They always forget they're better things we should be talking about if we have to move forward as a Nation.

God bless the Nigeria constitution.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Nasir123(m): 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
Pls can we just forget this issue.

No Muslim is complaining about Rivers being a Christian state in as much as the government doesn't deprive the Muslims from practising their religion

We can't forger this issue pls.
This has been our Number one problem as a Nation.
If not,let them remove it from the constitution,or kukuma scatter everything let every region move their part.
We can't continue to be foolish,stupid, wicked and selfish just because we want to become One Nation. That's "ungodly" to me.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by lucianohase(m): 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
All I know our state is a Christian state and that's what our governor has made all to understand. If you say it is not, then ask thos stupid governors in the northern part of the country that has implemented Sharia in their states.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Nasir123(m): 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2019
NaMeAboki:
OP was on point until he made the same mistake many others continue to make concerning adoption of Sharia in the 12 northern states.

Let us get this very clear; so far Wike is only governor to declare a particular religion (Christianity) for his state; I repeat, no other other governor has done what Wike did - including those northern governors who introduced sharia penal code in their states.

There is a big difference between adopting a religious law (alongside others) targeted only at it's adherents (Sharia for Muslims only) against adopting or declaring a particular faith (Christianity) as the blanket and only religion (at the exclusion of others) for a state - as Wike did.

Unfortunately, many Nigerians are being deliberately misled by those opposed to Sharia (CAN, the media etc) into believing otherwise - it is even more unfortunate that many seemingly intelligent folks have been gullible enough to have fallen for this false narrative; including the OP.

You maid a very valid observation.
Thank you.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Nasir123(m): 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2019
backnbeta:
But Zamfara and Kano can be?

For those saying the Sharia governors did not declare their states Islam states, why are Christians not allowed to sell food openly during Ramadan in Kano?
Why seize cartons of alcoholic drinks from the sellers?
The truth is; we are far too divided along religious line...things can't be the same again!

And these are the things we should have talked/ talking about before now. But No,most people feel sheeted.
Instead of them,their media, Chiefs, youth point this out,if not for anything, but for the fact that that's what makes us a Nation.

The revers is the case today.
States now sponsor Pilgrimages.
What a pity!
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Nasir123(m): 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2019
arcnomec:

Just hear your yourself with the guts to call a sitting Governor of a state a cultist.Who is even regulating this nairaland self, your type should be kicked out of here for using such words to describe a governor without an atom of proof.
Are you his fellow cult member to have alleged that he(Governor Wike is a cultist) ?

Just look at what you're saying.
And you call yourself a Nigerian.

You people should wake up pls.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Nasir123(m): 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2019
efeski:

Una go just siddon type better nonsense.
Is there a difference between six and half a dozen?
Cos your point of sharia and penal code not equating with a declaration of a Muslim state simply amounts to that

And this your point is what we should be talking about.
The other option is for them to remove that part from the Nigeria constitution.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by Nasir123(m): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2019
nototribalist:
So instead of us to be discussing important issues like how we can move Nigeria forward, instead we are discussing political religion

Because this is the number one problem.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by XaintJoel20: 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2019
NaMeAboki:
OP was on point until he made the same mistake many others continue to make concerning adoption of Sharia in the 12 northern states.

Let us get this very clear; so far Wike is only governor to declare a particular religion (Christianity) for his state; I repeat, no other other governor has done what Wike did - including those northern governors who introduced sharia penal code in their states.

There is a big difference between adopting a religious law (alongside others) targeted only at it's adherents (Sharia for Muslims only) against adopting or declaring a particular faith (Christianity) as the blanket and only religion (at the exclusion of others) for a state - as Wike did.

Unfortunately, many Nigerians are being deliberately misled by those opposed to Sharia (CAN, the media etc) into believing otherwise - it is even more unfortunate that many seemingly intelligent folks have been gullible enough to have fallen for this false narrative; including the OP.

If anyone is gullible here, that person is you.
How do you justify the destruction of alcoholic beverages in states like Kano and others strictly on religious ground?
If Sharia law was only for Muslims as you want us to believe, then Christians and others in Kano should be allowed to enjoy their alcoholic beverages in peace without being harassed.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by NaMeAboki: 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2019
ProudDick:

Why then do Kano destroy alcohol that belong to non Muslims?
Why not leave non Muslims to take their alcohol in peace? Don't you think their action negates the freedom of choice under the federal Constitution?

Alcohol was just an addition to the list of intoxicants prohibited in the state, just like the American government did in its prohibition years.

Besides, its consumption is not sine qua none to Christianity or an interference with anybody's faith.

Wrong, the constitution does guarantee you a right to alcohol; in fact governments have a right and many do; prohibit its citizens from consumption of a range of things; drugs, alcohol, certain medicines etc.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by XaintJoel20: 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2019
NaMeAboki:

How do you justify the destruction of alcoholic beverages in states like Kano and others strictly on religious ground?
If Sharia law was only for Muslims as you want us to believe, then Christians and others in Kano should be allowed to enjoy their alcoholic beverages in peace without being harassed.
Thanks
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by NaMeAboki: 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Thanks

Christians do not need alcohol to practice their faith - stop the ignorance.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by NaMeAboki: 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2019
d33types:

Intelligence is the ability to detect an implied speech even when it isn't explicitly stated. You are not intelligent at all.

Zamfara, Kano and the likes have banned Christians from selling food during ramadan even to Christians. They have also destroyed alcohol meant for Christian consumption. If that isn't a tacit proclamation of Islam as a religion of these states, I wonder what is.

Stop lying: sale of food never banned at any time during Ramadan.
Ban of alcohol not enacted under Sharia but under conventional law - get your facts right.
Re: Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial by NaMeAboki: 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2019
Coldie:

Y urs is based on foolishness not reason.

Ignorance is bliss - stay blessed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shooting At Obalende As NURTW Factions Fight In Lagos (Video) / Buhari To Fight Graft With 5 Special Laws / Youths Recover Hijacked Electoral Materials From Political Thugs In Rivers. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.