Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,780 members, 7,806,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month (52805 Views)

How To Transfer Your Voter's Card From One Unit To Another / Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC / Kwankwaso Receives Pdp Membership Card From Kano Pdp(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by bizzibodi(m): 9:09am On Dec 02, 2019
The next level is here.

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Officialgarri: 9:10am On Dec 02, 2019
david22uu:

you are very ignorant..
your company pays your PAYEE tax and thats for lagos state
Now you will pay Double.
TIN is federal

I even wonder how u were employed... I wish u can stay jobless and then you learn never to wish where you eat from bad

I checked your profile so I understand your pain grin. You are suffering a lot cheesy

You are the most ignorant and I won't help you out.
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by SenecaTheYonger: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2019
Officialgarri:
I'm in total support of this because it will give me the chance to fight my company seriously.

The company has been deducting tax on my behalf for quite some years now and I've never seen the record.

It was funny when the Human resource department called recently to ask for my TIN to include on a document.
I was surprised � How can you claim to be helping me pay my tax and you don't have my TIN number?

Lol busted.
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by BeansAndYam: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2019
[s]
Officialgarri:

I checked your profile so I understand your pain grin. You are suffering a lot cheesy

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by jaxxy(m): 9:14am On Dec 02, 2019
zakim:
Nigeria law makers are wonderful, they are always look for ways to create wealth for themselves grin grin grin

This hawkish government with no sense, that can’t reduce government spending bt only increases tax and VAT to fund their scandalous budget has to go. This is becoming tiring to Nigerians.

What have they done since they have been in government to start taxing people ridiculously?

5 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Femeto: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2019
What would happen to students?
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Officialgarri: 9:16am On Dec 02, 2019
Housing:

My company regularly remit deducted PAYE tax and I am very sure they did not know any of the employees TIN. I got my TIN from the Joint Tax Board website.

Hope you have filled personal information form in respect of you tax before?

I have my TIN... its actually Fct TIN, but I've been out of abuja so I'm unable to verify my records.

But I thought the company should have all my tax records since they have been making the deductions
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Prettyjanet1: 9:16am On Dec 02, 2019
I doubt if this present regime is really progressive as they promised to be during the electioneering campaign.

Let them know this policy will affect them a lot because 80% of Nigerians will withdraw their money from banks.

If they are looking for more money, can't they start this from their side by cutting down government running cost?

5 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by SenecaTheYonger: 9:16am On Dec 02, 2019
istina:
So what happens to millions of unemployed youths who currently have accounts

Does it means they will be unable to receive their monthly stipend from family and friends who give them a token just to keep them from suicide before they are gainfully employed?

If this is true, then most Nigerian banks will close because majority of accts are from unemployed. If banks go out of biz, you can kiss Nigeria's economy good bye. So it's not going to be so.

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by OnyesomJ(m): 9:23am On Dec 02, 2019
Me were be. Student will be paying Tax again
This Kontri Dey Vex me walai
I need to talk to Buhari this nonsense must stop if not Aso rock with turn To Ashes

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by blackfase(m): 9:27am On Dec 02, 2019
istina:

Does it means they will be unable to receive their monthly stipend from family and friends who give them a token just to keep them from suicide before they are gainfully employed?

Na to withdraw the little change I got, leave their useless bank wahala for them. These people are truly stupid. Dumb fools.

#byebyetobanking

4 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by ugooinnocent: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2019
Multiple taxation everywhere. Chai and 2*23 still far.

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by AngelicBeing: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2019
zakim:
Nigeria law makers are wonderful, they are always look for ways to create wealth for themselves grin grin grin
Gbam, and impoverish the poor masses, nonsense and Buhari grin
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:37am On Dec 02, 2019
APC government is turning out the be worst than PDP government,how can an unemployed person present evidence of tax payment? I think is about time the youth come out to protest about this inhuman policies of this government. I am convince that this government don't care about the poor of this country.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by I888(m): 9:39am On Dec 02, 2019
majamajic:
this country

they know how to set laws for the masses meanwhile , they can't cover their own end

no basic amenities !!
The stupid masses should carry their cross mbok.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Contumely: 9:40am On Dec 02, 2019
tshoboy:
I see a lot of people linking TIN to automatic tax payment but it isn’t. The tax act has a threshold for salary that can be taxed and even gives different forms of relieves.
So if you are unemployed, you should apply for TIN and you will get one because you are unemployed and exempted. They need to make the process of getting TIN easier though.

Also, the whole idea of this update is to bring more self employed people into the tax net.
Self employed people are required to self declare tax and a lot of people don’t do it unless they want to travel or business needs arise.

It’s still sad that we don’t get value for all the tax we are paying.
We are paying excess indirect tax already.

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by pointstores(m): 9:42am On Dec 02, 2019
What about the unemployed
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by officialJP(m): 9:54am On Dec 02, 2019
istina:

i nearly die while laughing grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Ishilove: 9:57am On Dec 02, 2019
We are yet to see the dividends of the tax we have been paying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by contigiency(m): 10:01am On Dec 02, 2019
I am fully in support of anything that will make the country work. I can't be complaining that the country is not working while I refuse to play my own role as a citizen.

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by moyinoluwa123: 10:04am On Dec 02, 2019
Grab the opportunity to go and live, work and study in Canada with just your O'Level result for more details contact 08080101678

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Osombo: 10:07am On Dec 02, 2019
[b][/b]When you make the economy working well and put basic infrastructures in place, people will pay tax without government telling them which I think that what the govt is driving at. It will be visible what their hard earn tax is been used for. This NASS eh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by banio: 10:10am On Dec 02, 2019
Officialgarri:
I'm in total support of this because it will give me the chance to fight my company seriously.

The company has been deducting tax on my behalf for quite some years now and I've never seen the record.

It was funny when the Human resource department called recently to ask for my TIN to include on a document.
I was surprised � How can you claim to be helping me pay my tax and you don't have my TIN number?

Blame the government, not your company. If you should inform the tax office of your company not paying tax. Instead of going after your company, the tax office will sell you out.

So it's the government to blame not the company that refuses to pay tax.
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by bilulu(m): 10:11am On Dec 02, 2019
post=84545438:
Operations PAY YOUR TAX!
The one we have been paying what have they been using it for

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by david22uu(m): 10:14am On Dec 02, 2019
Officialgarri:

I pay my tax and i pay my staff taxes.... wait till you grow up
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Trimque2k1(m): 10:20am On Dec 02, 2019
[quote author=istina post=84544771]So what happens to millions of unemployed youths who currently have accounts

Does it means they will be unable to receive their monthly stipend from family and friends who give them a token just to keep them from suicide before they are gainfully employed? [/quote
This is actually my thought and me fall under the category o

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by MedicH: 10:21am On Dec 02, 2019
Na to dig ground bury my owo go sure pass.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by edoairways: 10:24am On Dec 02, 2019
post=84545438:
Operations PAY YOUR TAX!
Isn't what this government should have done instead of increasing VAT?
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by bizhop01: 10:29am On Dec 02, 2019
Vision 2020 is here

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:42am On Dec 02, 2019
edoairways:

Isn't what this government should have done instead of increasing VAT?
u no dey tire abi?
Be guided.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Invade Nnamdi Kanu’s Community, Afaraukwu Ibeku, Umuahia / IPOB Members Jubilate As Court Frees Nnamdi Kanu (Video) / What Akeredolu Said About Yar'adua While He Was Sick (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.