Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,207 members, 7,780,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:10 PM

Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers (25937 Views)

Messi Wins Ballon D'or 2021 Award / Georgina Rodriguez Reacts As Messi Wins Ballon D’or / Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2019
Astark:
grin and so? So seria a is now competitive because ronaldo is playing there
ronaldo fans ehn, same seria a lukuku is balling in his first season

Seria A plays a very slow n very defensive style of football, goals are quite few there.....Fewer than premiership and la liga

La liga plays a fast pace game and they focus much more on attack than defence, that's why there's always goals galore there......This simply implies that checking number of goals as a condition for who is better is whack.

Check the stats, Ronaldo's total is liga goals is higher than the number of la liga matches he played.
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2019
CSTR2:

This statement should not be coming from a messi fan.
Tell your messi to leave the comfort of Barcelona and let see if he will even win one.

Ronaldo was already winning world best player award at Manchester united.

Unlike messi, Ronaldo is not dependent on a system.

He basically elevated real Madrid by himself from previous years of mediocrity.
This your argument is baseless.
Sir Alex Ferguson will always be remembered because of what he did with Man United alone.

Why should he leave Barca to prove his brilliance?
Most of you claimed it was Iniesta and Xavi that helped him but now it is evident the guy is a genius.

No amount of argument will change the fact that Messi is a complete player, a very complete one at that. His individual brilliance speaks for themselves. Ronaldo is good too which I don't doubt but I can't disregard Messi's work because I support Ronaldo.

Answer me this question sincerely.
Will you leave Exon Mobil as a top engineer (with all respect and payment) to work with an indigenous oil firm?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 02, 2019
thoniann:
Ronaldo - 1 League Title
Ronaldo - 1 European Nations League beating Van D's Netherlands

Messi - 1 League Title
National Trophies - Nil

Van D - No league trophy
Van D - 1 Champions League Title
Van D - National Trophy (Nil)

All stats in the last season. Football isn't about goals. It's about winning for Club and Country. My Take.
Ballon D'or is not a team stuff. It is an individual award.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Eroms4life17(m): 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2019
geedot:
Nothing special in being disqualified from the champions league. There are many teams Messi won't forget, Roma is also part of them.
My brother Roma is not Liverpool. You cannot win 3.0 at home and lose 4.0 away playing 90 minutes and still call yourself best in the world. As as how now?
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by CSTR2: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2019
kingkakaone:

This your argument is baseless.
Sir Alex Ferguson will always be remembered because of what he did with Man United alone.

Why should he leave Barca to prove his brilliance?
Most of you claimed it was Iniesta and Xavi that helped him but now it is evident the guy is a genius.

No amount of argument will change the fact that Messi is a complete player, a very complete one at that. His individual brilliance speaks for themselves. Ronaldo is good too which I don't doubt but I can't disregard Messi's work because I support Ronaldo.

Answer me this question sincerely.
Will you leave Exon Mobil as a top engineer (with all respect and payment) to work with an indigenous oil firm?
Don't jump into an argument.

One of your messi fanboys was claiming that Ronaldo won his awards because of Perez when we all know messi is the one that actually depends on a club far more than Ronaldo ever will.

2 Likes

Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2019
CSTR2:

Don't jump into an argument.

One of your messi fanboys was claiming that Ronaldo won his awards because of Perez when we all know messi is the one that actually depends on a club far more than Ronaldo ever will.
How about you answer my questions up there?
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by untildendoftime: 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2019
Astark:
cool

Just look at messi and ronaldo this season alone grin

Ronaldo biggest achievement is been compare to messi, from today henceforth it will be an insult to compare ronaldo to messi, messi Is far far better.
why exclude internationals... or does it mean internationals nah ludo game and not football game ni

1 Like

Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2019
That's good of him.
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Harrytimbog(m): 10:17pm On Dec 02, 2019
Messi is the best footballer to ever play the game of soccer....Best football means give him the ball and he will do wonders....no b only to score, abi to pass, abi to defend....He is the total package. Dribbles, freekicks, goals, key passes, shooting e.t.c He won the most man of the match awards since 2010. Over 100 Motm awards over Ronaldo who is second on the list.. Messi is the only player to win player of the tournament in every football tournament.
https://www.givemesport.com/1466748-live-graphic-showing-top-players-with-most-man-of-the-match-awards-since-201011
https://www.sportbible.com/football/stats-lionel-messi-has-the-most-man-of-the-match-awards-this-season-20190413

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIqudhd1W54
https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/la-liga/1141477/lionel-messi-has-won-most-number-of-motm-awards-in-the-last-9-seasons-100-times-more-than-cristiano-ronaldo/
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by ForbesHomesNG(m): 10:17pm On Dec 02, 2019
untildendoftime:
why exclude internationals... or does it mean internationals nah ludo game and not football game ni
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by geedot: 10:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
Eroms4life17:

My brother Roma is not Liverpool. You cannot win 3.0 at home and lose 4.0 away playing 90 minutes and still call yourself best in the world. As as how now?
They defeated Barcelona and not Messi. Liverpool is the best team in Europe because they won the champions league and Messi is also the best because he performed far better than any player. EOD. It's called "best player" and not "best performer in the best team".
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Elxandre(m): 11:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
The low self esteem of this VVD guy is startling.
He stood a strong chance of winning till he started as$ kicking Messi.
His mentality is also a disservice to other defenders, who never stand a chance to win it.
VVD is very very deserving of the award, if you take into cognizance his performance since the past year.

Why must the best forward win it even when other players had comparatively better seasons in their other positions?

Before you start calling me a Ronaldo fan, I supported Modric winning it last year.

If other positions such as defenders and Midfielders stand little chance irrespective of their performances, why not judge it "World Forward of the year"?
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by rapboss(m): 12:16am On Dec 03, 2019
timibare:
Even ballon d Or is now inconclusive
Because of say you no go school...
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Tellemall: 1:31am On Dec 03, 2019
UnitedNigeriaUN:
I don't give a bleep about Messhit...

Below is my beloved GOAT and Philanthropist

CRISTIANO ORORONALDO...

Before the plastic surgery.
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Deewhy19: 6:30am On Dec 03, 2019
thoniann:
Ronaldo - 1 League Title
Ronaldo - 1 European Nations League beating Van D's Netherlands

Messi - 1 League Title
National Trophies - Nil

Van D - No league trophy
Van D - 1 Champions League Title
Van D - National Trophy (Nil)

All stats in the last season. Footall isn't about goals. It's about winning for Club and Country. My Take.
remember when hasn't win anything for is country shey Dem no give him award ni e
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by ijayaone: 11:36am On Dec 03, 2019
Astark:
cool which competitive? Perez made ronaldo won the award, messi should have at least 8 already. Without perez and Madrid ronaldo is nothing.

He's finding out the hard way now

I dey tell you ,ribery 2013 messi or nuer 2014 but dem still give ronaldo,perez really try for dat guy if not him no go win past 2 or 3
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Insectkiller: 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
Astark:
cool

Just look at messi and ronaldo this season alone grin

Ronaldo biggest achievement is been compare to messi, from today henceforth it will be an insult to compare ronaldo to messi, messi Is far far better.

Your fadaaaa!

Is dis ur job
Re: Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers by Niflheim(m): 2:35pm On Dec 05, 2019
I told the Cristiano fans to smile for the camera............................................................................AND THIS IS WHAT CAME OUT!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Oduamadi Gets Milan Recall / Ancelotti Couldn't Help Italy, Not Fit To Be Brazil Coach - President Lula / Kanu Nwankwo And Wife Celebrate Daughter' Pinky's Birthday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.