Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 (33727 Views)

RWANDA Trades Asylum Seekers’ Freedom In Britain For £120million Cash Payment / Plane Takes Off From 2020 And Lands In 2019 (pics) / Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by joshcaleb200: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2019
The Lekki Concession Company has given notice to users of the Lekki-Ikoyi Ikoyi Link Bridge in Lagos, that it will no longer accept cash payment at the toll plaza from 2020.

A banner at the bridge loudly states: “No more cash payment @Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Toll Plaza, Wednesday 1st January 2020”.

There has been no official statement by the company about the planned migration to electronic payment.

During a visit to the plaza, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu had said that the tolling system would go completely electronic in October.

However, in November, the company upgraded its tolling systems at both the Link Bridge and the Admiralty Plaza on Lekki-Epe Expressway. It said the upgrade was to enable it to serve the public better by enhancing and modernizing service delivery at the Plazas.

During the upgrade, electronic passages at the Toll Plazas and the online payment platforms were impacted from 9th – 15th November, 2019. The upgrade migrated customers’ toll accounts, such as e-Tag, Swift Pass, to the newly installed system.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/12/01/no-more-cash-payment-on-lekki-ikoyi-link-bridge-from-2020/amp/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by mattjunior(m): 6:06pm On Dec 02, 2019
Read More>>>>>HERE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2019
I notice something with nigeria leaders, They start there nonsense with begging, After the masses allow them implement there useless project due to begging , They turn around and start beating people to allow them improve there implementations, Just imagine, This toll gate price has doubled the amount people paid when it was first built.

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by bluebay(m): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2019
This guy wanna step on jagaban's toes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by edoairways: 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2019
Hmmm!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by Jimi24: 6:43pm On Dec 02, 2019
This will get rid of yellow and rickety commercial buses. They dont have the discipline to save up for the e tags

3 Likes

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 02, 2019
Jimi24:
This will get rid of yellow and rickety commercial buses. They dont have the discipline to save up for the e tags

Dem get choice? If dem start the rubbish for admiralty plaza many of them go cry.
Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by slimfit1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 02, 2019
Nice one now we know dey steal.

2 Likes

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by naptu2: 7:32am On Dec 03, 2019
Have you noticed

naptu2:
This is the first thing that I thought that they would do when they were given the concession.

Lekki Concession Company have now made it possible for you to use your E-tag on both the Admiralty Circle (expressway) and Lekki Bridge toll plazas.

1 Like

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by SultanOfPuna: 7:33am On Dec 03, 2019
Ree
Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by AlphaStyles(m): 7:33am On Dec 03, 2019
This government Dy use force for everything

2 Likes

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by helinues: 7:33am On Dec 03, 2019
Banner surfaced but no official statements

Why is Sanwo Olu putting the cart before the horse?

2 Likes

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 03, 2019
Good day great nairalanders..please I'd be so grateful if anyone here can help me out with a job; federal or state.
I'm a 2.2 grad of structural engineering with PMP cert and also good with architectural designs. I've few years experience in project management/supervision/execution.
I am in Abia state currently but open to work elsewhere.
I can't begin to write too much here to avoid ban..
please I can be reached on my pm or the contact on my signature.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by SaintHilary(m): 7:34am On Dec 03, 2019
Hope dey dont plan using Cards instesd

Any staff can jst get a skimmer and you knw d rest undecided
#Shithole

4 Likes

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by ZombieTERROR: 7:34am On Dec 03, 2019
I guess Tinubu hasn't had enough..

Dude really milked the State and is still sucking it till date

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by EponOjuku: 7:34am On Dec 03, 2019
Naira notes are still legal tender. They can't reject cash payments in favour of electronic payments. Even if it is only 1 lane for cash payments, they must still provide it.

That's how some banks were rejecting the NIMC slip before they warned them.

A rookie lawyer seeking fame would make mincemeat of these idiots who do things without thinking. If I can even get 400 coins of 50kobo each, I would use coins to pay them.

Let them come and tell me Lekki Toll Gate has become foreign border where Naira notes and kobo coins aren't accepted.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by Passionate888: 7:35am On Dec 03, 2019
Buhari sef
Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by Badb0y4lyf(m): 7:35am On Dec 03, 2019
Toll gate plus POS charge 50 just when we thought Nigeria can’t go any harder

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by 1x2x3: 7:35am On Dec 03, 2019
cheesy cheesy

Very good for dosile Nigerians. I like everything happening to us with hopes it will one day wake us up if ever.

2 Likes

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 03, 2019
To me this is just making life harder

Modern my ass

Even toll gates in the US is accepting cash
Just tell us this is a coded way to phase out danfo bus from that road

8 Likes

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by ZombieTERROR: 7:36am On Dec 03, 2019
hi
progress1010:
Good day great nairalanders..please I'd be so grateful if anyone here can help me out with a job; federal or state.
I'm a 2.2 grad of structural engineering with PMP cert and also good with architectural designs. I've few years experience in project management/supervision/execution.
I am in Abia state currently but open to work elsewhere.
I can't begin to write too much here to avoid ban..
please I can be reached on my pm or the contact on my signature.

Buhari effect continues

I didn't see this during last administrations

3 Likes

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by adecz: 7:36am On Dec 03, 2019
There are only three ways APC
knows how to generate revenue.

1) Taxing the suffering people

2) Begging foreign countries to borrow money.

3) More taxes

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by itsme01: 7:36am On Dec 03, 2019
cool

I wish this PPP style road tolling fashola introduced in lagos can be introduced everywhere

Roads in UAE are built with Private funding and smartly tolled that you cant even know when your account are being debited

2 Likes

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by mosho2good: 7:36am On Dec 03, 2019
�➖➖➖➖➖➖
Life is not about finding the right person, but creating the right relationship. It's not how we care in the beginning, but how much we care till the very end.
�➖➖➖➖➖➖
Some people always throw stones in your path. It depends on what you make with them; a Wall or a Bridge? - Remember you are the architect of your life.
�➖➖➖➖➖➖
Search for a good heart, but don't search for a beautiful face, coz beautiful things are not always good, but good things are always beautiful.
�➖➖➖➖➖➖
It’s not important to hold all the good cards in life, but it’s important how well you play with the cards you hold.
�➖➖➖➖➖➖
Often when we lose all hope & think this is the end, remember God and pray, it’s just a bend, not the end.' -
�➖➖➖➖➖➖
Have faith and have a successful life. One of the basic differences between God and humans is, God gives and forgives. But the human gets and forgets. Be thankful in life...
�➖➖➖➖➖➖
If u think it is your alarm clock that woke you up this morning, try putting it beside a dead body and you will realise that it is the Grace of God that woke you up.
�➖➖➖➖➖➖

8 Likes

Re: No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 by AsomArchitectNG(m): 7:37am On Dec 03, 2019
Good development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam / The 2 Victims Who Survived The Accident Which Killed 21 Students In Kano / My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.