Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating (60072 Views)

My Problem With Valentine's Day Celebration In Nigeria / My Problem With Nigeria Girls / [KingZaddy] Advanced Relationship and Dating Drills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2019
I opened this account because my main one is pretty popular.

I've had this issue and don't know what's wrong.
I can't seem to get into a new relationship. I am now 25, about serving, working a normal job

My dating history is not too rich. I dated just one guy for 2 years, i became sexually active with him, we enjoyed each other, but things didn't work out. I tried to be better, have moved on, and he has too. This was mid last year. I have been celibate since then not because i don't like sex, but because i had time to think, i read a lot of books, listened to a lot of relationship counselors on YouTube, reddit, Nairaland and so on. I decided to approach dating differently, with my head and not my heart . i would vet men out who were not in line with some basic standards, to avoid fuckboys and meet high quality men. He should be well spoken, either with a career or into trade, accomplished, way older by at least 10 yrs(no i don't have daddy issues, i just like mature guys because i think like a mature person) he could also have plans to leave the country, because i plan to do that also.

Here's the issue, the men that express interest in me do not fit this criteria. They seem to have no plan for their lives. I get this impression that they are broke, they recycle the same lines all the time, i usually see their bull sh1t tactics a mile away. some are in the army(i can't date men in the armed forces, they lifestyle is not what i want for myself, cannot date doctors either for the same reason)others are artisans, some are plain hustlers who just do whatever to eat. I have a soft spot for ambitious men, and i have not seen a lot in the area that i am in. I have been advised by my friends to try highbrow areas like lekki or VI or go to church, but i don't believe in religion.

But whenever i see these men, i am not attracted to them. I have even tried online dating with some male nairalanders, but i get disinterested easily. I get turned off when someone asks for my normal pics, it is quite frustrating. There's that fear that some of these men could use my pics to masturbate or one other creepy purpose. I block them if they ask for nudes. But the issue is, it is quite exhausting to keep chatting with someone without seeing them in person and some of these guys just want to smash and run which i won't allow. No man will have access to my vagina and womb without investment and commitment. Eventually it becomes hard to keep up communication and we just fizzle out like that.

I am not under pressure to marry from my parents, infact my dad says he won't allow his daughters marry until they clock 28 and i am the first. He wants us to have a career and a life before moving with a man. I just want to know if what i am doing is right?

To be honest, i just want some words of advice and encouragement, you can ask me questions if you want. This approach of mine? Is it the right thing? Am i being too smart for my own good? Am i afraid of commitment?

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Skmoda360(m): 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2019
I think you should drop your guard a little but to be sincere....I'm not in a position to advise you....lefulefu, ubunja, and co come and give her refreshing advise.....Sire!!!!! undecided

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2019
Skmoda360:
I think you should drop your guard a little but to be sincere....I'm not in a position to advise you....lefulefu, ubunja, and co come and give her refreshing advise.....Shianira!!!!! undecided
thanks

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by ojun50(m): 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2019
Last last you will end up marrying the wrong person.

317 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2019
ojun50:
Wow! Real mature! Oya, clap for yourself.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Riele(f): 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2019
You have no problem at all .

Just don't settle for less .

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2019
The thing is that you have raised a standard for yourself. Perhaps, if you're patient enough, he'll come around. I'm in same shoes as you. Infact, I have one that has been disturbing me of marriage but he's just not my type. He knows he's not and has confronted me citing not being up to what I want but I refused to state the major reason why I won't accept to date or marry him 'cause I don't want him feeling less. I just believe that with time, things will fall in pleasant places.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Heartbender: 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
Relax....the bare necessities of life would come to you especially, romance. Time and chance happen to us all �

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Beosten(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
What you have to understand is that if you see someone with these credentials, he must have used and dumped a lot of women before you met him. I grew up with a very poor grandfather, and still, I had two girls who were ready to be mine right from secondary school days. Another two women in the university fought each other to a standstill just to have me because they thought I have good future. I married none of the four. I spent 80% of salary from my first big job on a girl by paying her school fees. She ended up leaving me. I married someone who didn't collect Kobo from me before marriage, and I had no job when I married her.

My advice for you is that you should drop this mentality of listing credentials upandan. If you can, believe God to help in this aspect; not by becoming a church goer, but by chasing righteousness.

705 Likes 63 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2019
smileysmileysmiley
GrabHisBalls:
The thing is that you have raised a standard for yourself. Perhaps, if you're patient enough, he'll come around. I'm in same shoes as you. Infact, I have one that has been disturbing me of marriage but he's just not my type. He knows he's not and has confronted me citing not being up to what I want but I refused to state the major reason why I won't accept to date or marry him 'cause I don't want him feeling less. I just believe that with time, things will fall in pleasant places.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by meekme(m): 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2019
One thing I'll tell you is to stop being too quick to block people off like that.
A simple 'No' is enough atimes as some decent men would act indecently momentarily just to test you, to see whether you'd consent to it.
You must be really sexy to have thought guyz will masturbate on your normal picture.
I pray you meet your Mr right soon. Good Luck.

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2019
Riele:
Ahn ahn! Share your thoughts with us.
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 9:13pm On Dec 02, 2019
meekme:
One thing I'll tell you is to stop being too quick to block people off like that.
A simple 'No' is enough atimes as some decent men would act indecently momentarily just to test you, to see whether you'd consent to it.
You must be really sexy to have thought guyz will masturbate on your normal picture.
I pray you meet your Mr right soon. Good Luck.
I'm very average in looks, but full of self esteem. Some nairalanders even think i am ugly,but they are entitled to their opinion and poor taste.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Riele(f): 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2019
Harlequeen:
Ahn ahn! Share your thoughts with us.

You're too fast o .

Anyway , i have shared my thoughts .

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by GraGra247(m): 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2019
Harlequeen:

.. i would vet men out who were not in line with some basic standards, to avoid fuckboys and meet high quality men. He should be well spoken, either with a career or into trade, accomplished, way older by at least 10 yrs(no i don't have daddy issues, i just like mature guys because i think like a mature person) he could also have plans to leave the country, because i plan to do that also...

Stick with this no matter what and you will not miss it. Even if you miss it, it would be because you were not lucky and not because you didn't do what you were supposed to do.

I agree with your dad. Focus on building up your career, CV and Qualications and skills. Go from masters to PHD if you can.

All these come with huge bonuses:- Career men and "oil company" men will be competing for your attention. They'll be hunting you and not the reverse.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2019
GraGra247:

Stick with this no matter what and you will not miss it. Even if you miss it, it would be because you were not lucky and not because you didn't do what you were supposed to do.

I agree with your dad. Focus on building up your career, CV and Qualications and skills. Go from masters to PHD if you can.

All these come with huge bonuses:- Career men and "oil company" men will be competing for your attention. They'll be hunting you and not the reverse.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 9:18pm On Dec 02, 2019
Riele:

You're too fast o .

Anyway , i have shared my thoughts .
thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:19pm On Dec 02, 2019
You've set high standards for yourself.... it's good though, Maybe you should be a Lil patient, you might meet one who fits in...

BTW Try those highbrow areas as you were advised

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Lightway: 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2019
Look at this...

When I was in the Univeristy i set a high standard for myself.. i didnt look at broke girls twice and I could only date girls with 100k in their account.... I look out for the rich people and associate them.

Here is your problem

You didnt really specify the specs you want...

Define an ambitious man.

Should he have a million dollars in his account or 1 million?

Should he have a car or cars?

Should he be black or white?

Will you accept a man with a tattos?

You only gave these descriptions

He should be well spoken, either with a career or into trade, accomplished, way older by at least 10 yrs

There are many men with these features, so you need to be very specific.

When you narrow down the characteristics that interest you, ask yourself one question...

Where can you find this kind of man? On the street? By the road? In the highbrows of lekki, like you said Or on social media?

If you cant find him, then ask yourself...

Does this man really exist?

Sometimes we watch too many movies, listen to too many social media talks, consume too many relationship books and shows and all that garbage push us to fantasize and create a partner (man) that doesn't exist...

Just look at your man, you want him to have all the great features just the same way a lot of people want all the bad in the world to be gone..

In reality, the world is so bad that some people dont want to live in it anymore and they commit suicide.

But there are great people out there doing good, with a good heart and a giving spirit. You have seen them and you probably envy them. Unknown to you, many of these people already know the truth, they have studied the bad in this world and learned how to live with it... So while they do good, no one can cheat them or outwit them because they know whats up.

So while your man must has good, impressive features he must have bad features too. And while you're fantasizing about the perfect man for you, remember that no one is perfect and there is no perfect man. In fact, you might find out that no man has all the qualities you want. Instead, they have most, a few or none of these attributes. The right thing to do would be to give those with most of these features you want a chance and learn from there.

Try to learn lessons while you're younger, because they'll sharpen your decision making skills when you get older.

I learned this while chasing after the right partner while I was making 200k per month and hunting only ambitious ladies. So, the feeling is mutual

Harlequeen

241 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by MiVida(m): 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2019
ojun50:
you'll remember he said this...

Rather than asking him why he said that, you're making a mockery of him. It's easy to know your type.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2019
Lightway:
There are high chances that your are pocohantas

But one question you should ask yourself is, are you good enough for those ambitious men?

cc:
Harlequeen
Yes i am. I am feminine, soft, good company, intelligent, just starting out my career, well read and so much more. The man who i end up with will be truly blessed.

7 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by MiVida(m): 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
wait well.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Apination(m): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2019
The simple things in life are usually what gives lasting happiness. You are setting the wrong standards for yourself, what if your Mr accomplished becomes the opposite tomorrow, would he automatically become unattractive? Life is not a Zee world telenovela, wake up and face the reality, there are no made men according to anyone's fantasy anywhere undecided

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Originalsly: 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2019
Harlequeen:

No man will have access to my vagina and womb without investment and commitment.

Ehmmm...... as a very successful investor I couldn't resist making enquiries about this opportunity to invest in this long term project. Commitment is never a problem for me.... I am available 24/7 for us to whisper in private... away from these ehmmm.... gossipers and backbiters and liars and deceivers hovering over this my little honest comment. Feel free to WhatsApp me at

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
Originalsly:

Ehmmm...... as a very successful investor I couldn't resist making enquiries about this opportunity to invest in this long term project. Commitment is never a problem for me.... I am available 24/7 for us to whisper in private... away from these ehmmm.... gossipers and backbiters and liars and deceivers hovering over this my little honest comment. Feel free to WhatsApp me at
LMAO smileysmiley
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2019
Beosten:
What you have to understand is that if you see someone with these credentials, he must have used and dumped a lot of women before you met him. I grew up with a very poor grandfather, and still, I had two girls who were ready to be mine right from secondary school days. Another two women in the university fought each other to a standstill just to have me because they thought I have good future. I married none of the four. I spent 80% of salary from my first big job on a girl by paying her school fees. She ended up leaving me. I married someone who didn't collect Kobo from me before marriage, and I had no job when I married her. Today, I have 3 sources of income.

My advice for you is that you should drop this mentality of listing credentials upandan. If you can, believe God to help in this aspect; not by becoming a church goer, but by chasing righteousness.
She shouldn't drop the mentality of listing credentials oh! People marry for selfish reasons even though they will tell you they love you unconditionally. grin The woman you married, you married her for selfish reasons. At least, she didn't collect a Kobo from you while dating. That was selfishness on your part.

How do you people advise people to drop standards? Anything doesn't go. Not all men with the dick are worth a relationship, not to talk of marriage.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Ladylite: 9:37pm On Dec 02, 2019
Harlequeen:
I opened this account because my main one is pretty popular.

I've had this issue and don't know what's wrong.
I can't seem to get a into new relationship. I am now 25, about serving, working a normal job

My dating history is not too rich. I dated just one guy for 2 years, i became sexually active with him, we enjoyed each other, but things didn't work out. I tried to be better, have moved on, and he has too. This was mid last year. I have been celibate since then not because i don't like sex, but because i had time to think, i read a lot of books, listened to a lot of relationship counselors on YouTube, reddit, Nairaland and so on. I decided to approach dating differently, with my head and not my heart . i would vet men out who were not in line with some basic standards, to avoid fuckboys and meet high quality men. He should be well spoken, either with a career or into trade, accomplished, way older by at least 10 yrs(no i don't have daddy issues, i just like mature guys because i think like a mature person) he could also have plans to leave the country, because i plan to do that also.

Here's the issue, the men that express interest in me do not fit this criteria. They seem to have no plan for their lives. I get this impression that they are broke, they recycle the same lines all the time, i usually see their bull sh1t tactics a mile away. some are in the army(i can't date men in the armed forces, they lifestyle is not what i want for myself, cannot date doctors either for the same reason)others are artisans, some are plain hustlers who just do whatever to eat. I have a soft spot for ambitious men, and i have not seen a lot in the area that i am in. I have been advised by my friends to try highbrow areas like lekki or VI or go to church, but i don't believe in religion.

But whenever i see these men, i am not attracted to them. I have even tried online dating with some male nairalanders, but i get disinterested easily. I get turned off when someone asks for my normal pics, it is quite frustrating. There's that fear that some of these men could use my pics to masturbate or one other creepy purpose. I block them if they ask for nudes. But the issue is, it is quite exhausting to keep chatting with someone without seeing them in person and some of these guys just want to smash and run which i won't allow. No man will have access to my vagina and womb without investment and commitment. Eventually it becomes hard to keep up communication and we just fizzle out like that.

I am not under pressure to marry from my parents, infact my dad says he won't allow his daughters marry until they clock 28 and i am the first. He wants us to have a career and a life before moving with a man. I just want to know if what i am doing is right?

To be honest, i just want some words of advice and encouragement, you can ask me questions if you want. This approach of mine? Is it the right thing? Am i being too smart for my own good? Am i afraid of commitment?

Aunti
Aunty

Calm down, go and enjoy your life.

You may not believe in religion now but I bet you when you are 35 you will know life is spiritual.

All this you explained here are normal for teenagers and under 25 girls.

Lady to Lady I tell you that you know even if you meet a mature guy with all that standard, he may not be interested in you and you are too proud to chase or beg.

See, you are not ready so move on and have fun with your life and other areas of your life.

IN your 30s try again by then the standards you spent so much time explaining now will not seem important to you.

Ciao

316 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2019
MiVida:
wait well.
Do you have a problem with my waiting?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ladylite:

Aunti
Aunty

Calm down, go and enjoy your life.

You may not believe in religion now but I bet you when you are 35 you will know life is spiritual.

All this you explained here are normal for teenagers and under 25 girls.

Lady to Lady I tell you that you know even if you meet a mature guy with all that standard, he may not be interested in you and you are too proud to chase or beg.

See, you are not ready so move on and have fun with your life and other areas of your life.

IN your 30s try again by then the standards you spent so much time explaining now will not seem important to you.

Ciao
I am not under 25 sister, and your christian dogma won't sit with me. If i do become 35 and remain unmarried, i have decided that i will live life, adopt a child and get a boytoy. I have tasted what it is like to settle for a random guy(to be egging on a full grown man on what to do like his mother). Will never go through that again.
But thanks for your opinion but i will be avoiding Shiloh like the plague.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Beosten(m): 9:42pm On Dec 02, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
She shouldn't drop the mentality of listing credentials oh! People marry for selfish reasons even though they will tell you they love you unconditionally. grin The woman you married, you married her for selfish reasons. At least, she didn't collect a Kobo from you while dating. That was selfishness on your part.

How do you people advise people to drop standards? Anything doesn't go. Not all men with the dick are worth a relationship, not to talk of marriage.

I didn't have the money she could collect and I was still financially better than her when I met her. How is that selfishness on my part?

53 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Bride Pours Water On Her Fiancé As He Reads Newspaper In Cute Pre-Wedding Photos / Hong Kong Lady Regrets Undergoing 30 Cosmetic Surgeries To Please Boyfriend / "I Slept With My Boss To Give My Boyfriend A Job"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.