Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) (62037 Views)

Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles / Lagos Impounds 4,694 Motorcycles, Convicts 1,490 Offenders / Lagos Impounds 100 Commercial Motorcycles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 03, 2019
arsenal33:
God bless you

Thank you , Jared, they are full of complaints in this country. Seyi makinde is now unable to carry out his plans for those putting the market on the roadside and okadas using lay bays as park and also those women that will stay on the tarred road and yet will be telling you driving that u should clear ur eyes.. they have started crying that if seyi does that, he wanted to them to suffer and nothing to eat...see the excuses, when markets is available in all the LCDA in Ibadan.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by bravehost4u(m): 6:16am On Dec 03, 2019
last I heard from OPAY they signed an MOU with MC Oluomo.
I expect the clamp down from the government. Is MC Oluomo the Governor of Lagos.
Law #1
#Neveroutshinethemaster
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by suzzyboss(m): 6:17am On Dec 03, 2019
If I talk now they'll say it is hate speech..
Look at the billions they collect on road repairs and look at what the bad road every where in Lagos..
Someone was talking about America and other countries and how they are clean.. Please how's their roads is it as bad as ours don't bikes have their own route and even bicycles.. Now before you start comparing your country to those countries, start with your road and your bad government don't some here and start saying one country did this or that assuming the government has created a route for bike they wont pass the high way and how and they are free to impound any one of them they catch in THe high way

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by temmyejo: 6:19am On Dec 03, 2019
Fortune109:
Good riddance! Is this how commercial motor bikes have invaded American highways where Google that owns the so called OPay is from??

Whoever must operate motor bike business has to comply with the laws of the land...there are specified routes that Motor bikes are allowed to ply in the state, period!

Is it because uve never been caught in traffic??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 03, 2019
RichDad1:

And your think the Taskforce can do anything without the government’s consent ?
Btw, it’s an executive order by the governor himself.

The truth is , those opay bike men too may be rising pass their boundary because here in Ibadan, most opay rider so anyhow to policemen now, thinking that they have now been covered with the opay , they can do anyhow

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by bluecircle470: 6:23am On Dec 03, 2019
RichDad1:
Sanwo-Olu is a very clueless governor. He might end up being the worst governor in Lagos state history.
The same OPay that has been helping Lagosians meet up with appointments, avoid sacks and saved lots of productive hours usually spent in Lagos traffic on a daily basis ?
Why are these people allergic to anything that will reduce the transportation woes of the average Lagos residents ?
The traffic laws only banned motorcycles with engine capacity lesser than 200cc from plying the highways and other restricted routes. To the best of my knowledge, OPay , Max etc use motorcycles with engine capacity around 250cc upwards.
The amount of traffic in Lagos metropolis is unprecedented, Yet this point and kill Governor wants to to make things worse.
While tankers are having a field day on the roads and he’s at lost as to what to do, it’s the Bike that are helping to alleviate the suffering that he’s barking at.
All the roads he announced will be repaired or reconstructed as soon as possible are still the same thing. From Badagry to Ikorodu , Epe, Alimosho, etc.
Infact all the 5 divisions of Lagos state is worse than he met them.
I hope Cardinal Odumbaku and other Lagos APC stalwarts are taking keen interest on this accidental Governor they foisted on us?
AMBO was bad, pompous, not a good party man etc. But I don’t think Sanwo-Olu is any better.

Keep on wailing
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by adedayourt(m): 6:30am On Dec 03, 2019
Jibs dey cannot provide, yet dey make live unbearable for these people

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by hadeyemoheirstar(f): 6:31am On Dec 03, 2019
I don't know what is wrong with this Lagos govt,did they smoke pepper weed ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by GEEBITE: 6:32am On Dec 03, 2019
You are right about the engine capacity meeting requirement on restricted areas but the law didn't approve for them to be carrying passengers .The law was made flexible to accomodate courier/dispatch riders.
RichDad1:
Sanwo-Olu is a very clueless governor. He might end up being the worst governor in Lagos state history.
The same OPay that has been helping Lagosians meet up with appointments, avoid sacks and saved lots of productive hours usually spent in Lagos traffic on a daily basis ?
Why are these people allergic to anything that will reduce the transportation woes of the average Lagos residents ?
The traffic laws only banned motorcycles with engine capacity lesser than 200cc from plying the highways and other restricted routes. To the best of my knowledge, OPay , Max etc use motorcycles with engine capacity around 250cc upwards.
The amount of traffic in Lagos metropolis is unprecedented, Yet this point and kill Governor wants to to make things worse.
While tankers are having a field day on the roads and he’s at lost as to what to do, it’s the Bike that are helping to alleviate the suffering that he’s barking at.
All the roads he announced will be repaired or reconstructed as soon as possible are still the same thing. From Badagry to Ikorodu , Epe, Alimosho, etc.
Infact all the 5 divisions of Lagos state is worse than he met them.
I hope Cardinal Odumbaku and other Lagos APC stalwarts are taking keen interest on this accidental Governor they foisted on us?
AMBO was bad, pompous, not a good party man etc. But I don’t think Sanwo-Olu is any better.

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by I888(m): 6:33am On Dec 03, 2019
Lagosians should carry their cross.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by mistyebby(f): 6:35am On Dec 03, 2019
Esseite:
There has always been laws on where bikes should ply...

The owner of Opay didn't do his home work well. We all saw this coming.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Kdamilola(m): 6:35am On Dec 03, 2019
Fortune109:
Good riddance! Is this how commercial motor bikes have invaded American highways where Google that owns the so called OPay is from??

Whoever must operate motor bike business has to comply with the laws of the land...there are specified routes that Motor bikes are allowed to ply in the state, period!

It escalated to this because the government have failed us. Who will want to take bike on an expressway when the roads are good with nice and affordable taxis? Opay has been the best thing that can happen to Lagos transport-wise! I don't dwell in Lagos, but when the last time I went over, I don't think I would have been able to make it in time to my destination, if not for their service, and so does all other persons.
So, let's try and not stifle entrepreneurship. They should have at least contacted the management if they are not complying with any of the laid regulations like UK did with Uber before imposing any form of sanction.

P.S.: Opay is not owned by Google, it's owned by Opera.

Shalom.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by cmikel: 6:37am On Dec 03, 2019
Bc they want BRT market to sell

They now use trick to impound opay
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Vado(m): 6:38am On Dec 03, 2019
I think the transport union guys have started to grumble about Opay, probably wailed to Tinubu and the Deputy governor MC Oluomo hence the decision to have them frustrated.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by D1zion: 6:39am On Dec 03, 2019
That's all out of jealousy cos they saw that o'pay is gaining more momentum everywhere & they are very fast when you call them to your destination. They come pick you at your door step & take you to any nook & cranny you want to.so their buses are no longer getting patronage like it used to that's why. Abeg they should allow them jare.jealousy jealousy.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by yusluvad(m): 6:44am On Dec 03, 2019
Which kinda government is this?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Vado(m): 6:46am On Dec 03, 2019
grandstar:

It's not as simple as it looks.

It is believed that one of these Okada services belongs to the Ambode's (The wife presumably). That may explain why they were able to operate without a license for so long.

Oh pls... Opay is owned by Opera.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by ussv: 6:50am On Dec 03, 2019
anonimi:

Who cares when the JagbaJantis of bullion vans in Bourdillon has every Lagosian under his thumb.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10403239_1037000020191010185832jpeg6fb8a2f2e9bc057c5a6666b4c2854a9c_jpeg373f54eea5751b32e52962e1e7a9fc65

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8362681_fbimg1545411727354_jpegee3090bce26c7088d0f17dc67fd5e704
I`m sure some lagosians would be proud of them as parents, some other people don't have parents and they lack direction.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by BreconHills(m): 6:52am On Dec 03, 2019
Fortune109:

This is more about a Christmas shake down by police than state policy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by tete7000(m): 6:54am On Dec 03, 2019
Esseite:
There has always been laws on where bikes should ply...

And you think the impounded bikes are only those who plied the prohibited routes? Until you understand how the minds of Nigerian policemen work, only then will you understand that even the arresting policemen do not even know which routes are prohibited and which are not. The are always after the pecuniary gain in it for them...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 03, 2019
Cantonese:

Opay is owned by young Nigerians. Go and check please.

Chai!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 03, 2019
I deeply regret being persuaded by my cousin to vote the current, redundant and clueless governor!

Ambo is no saint, but miles ahead of this disaster!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by murmee: 7:06am On Dec 03, 2019
JonDon12:
This stupid administration cannot even deal with tankers on its roads or decongest the Ports yet you are chasing small okada riders. I remember when I was getting visas in Lagos, if not for Okada, I wont be where I am today. Thank u guys. Nigerians instead of fighting corruption, you are stifling hardwork, innovation and entrepreneurship. Nigerians need to start embracing and supporting small business people. If you cant help them, get out of their way.
So where you are today, do they use Motor Bikes for commercial transportation?
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by murmee: 7:07am On Dec 03, 2019
Fortune109:

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by somalianprince: 7:08am On Dec 03, 2019
I think I support this move, while sane states like Anambra, etc, are banning okada , this company is taking Lagos backward with more okadas. Why can't this company invest in cab business? Fix roads to ease traffic. However government should return the bikes to the company.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Jalabase(m): 7:08am On Dec 03, 2019
Fortune109:

Confirm things before saying them, Google doesn't own Opay

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by mabea: 7:10am On Dec 03, 2019
NGpatriot:
The same people crying here will come tomorrow to remind us how beautiful and clean Rwanda is, but they will tolerate, support and defend what Rwanda wont tolerate to keep their city clean.

They love to compare other countries with Nigeria and bore us to death how about how Nigeria is backward, dirty and lawless, but their are too clueless to figure out that they themselves are pathetic reflection of everything that's bad about Nigeria.

They will go to the other countries that they compare Nigeria with and obey their laws over there, but when they get back to Nigeria, they won't obey the laws, they wont support measures and laws designed to reflect orderliness and cleanliness.

They want to live in a beautiful and well governed country like America and Europe, but they can not obey the laws that the people in America and Europe abide by.

Nigeria is not ready, there are just too many lawless and unruly people.
In your mind O pay is making your country unclean, right? I'm sure you might have used it at one point or the other.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Yodexy: 7:12am On Dec 03, 2019
A month ago, I got one of these 200cc bikes for my personal use, only for this union guys to be bothering me everywhere I go.

Their main work on the mainland is to stop bikers and extort them.

Now police wahala again... Survival becomes harder every passing day.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by murmee: 7:12am On Dec 03, 2019
youngsahito:
Fashola started this useless law for more hardship on Lagosians. Why not regulate the use of motorcycle rather than a total ban...God will punish those making life unbearable for Lagosians
The regulations are there. They are to ply certain areas and roads!
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by otokx(m): 7:13am On Dec 03, 2019
Bikes have no business on the highways but in Nigeria its lawlessness maxima.
Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by mabea: 7:13am On Dec 03, 2019
murmee:
So where you are today, do they use Motor Bikes for commercial transportation?
Why do you have to compare the two countries seeing they have different prevailing circumstances and outcomes

1 Like

Re: Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 7:16am On Dec 03, 2019
This Mumu Governor Should concentrates On Repairing Roads In Lagos,Dredging Of Canals

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muhammad Halliru: Aisha Yesufu's Brother (Photos) / Photos From Clash Between Shi'ites And Security Officers Today In Abuja / Why Does Ogbonnaya Onu Wear The Same Attire To Public Events?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.