Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Telecommunication, Satellite And Wireless Technology In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecommunication, Satellite And Wireless Technology In Nigeria (2735 Views)

I Will Destroy All The Technology In The World If You Dont Listen To Me - Whytte / NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service / Volunteers Needed for E-mail Survey on GSM Technology in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telecommunication, Satellite And Wireless Technology In Nigeria by sbucareer(f): 11:08am On May 25, 2007

This thread is suppose to decompose the intellectual property hidden by knowledge base entrepreneurs and provide a technical, strategic and deployment of telecommunication systems within Africa, particular emphasis is given to Nigeria as consumers of these systems.

Now, I would like this thread to touch:

1. Satellite Communication
2. GSM Communication
3. GPRS Communication
4. Wi-Fi Communication
5. HSDPA Communication.
6. SIP Communication

Anybody with insight information regarding the current mobile communication technology like the one MTN, GlobalCom etc are using to deploy their GSM network. How it works, how they are deployed. The use of Mask and cells network and any other ways we can use the above mentioned technology to formulate a new strategic GSM network to cut cost or even provide Nigerian's with free local and national calls.
Re: Telecommunication, Satellite And Wireless Technology In Nigeria by sbucareer(f): 11:16am On May 25, 2007

I have been putting a solutions to some investors that I would not mention their names here for the reasons of confidentiality agreement that both of us have signed.

But the that is that I have been conducting a strategic proposal to deploy a HSDPA (High-Speed Downlink Packet Access) network in Nigeria that would allow us to penetrate into the GSM market with aggressive marketing and correlating the infrastructure with Wi-Fi technology and adding a GSM gateway on top of the system for only international routing.

What do you think on, how to deploy a system that will provide free local and national telecommunication, data communication, voice communication and video communication for free? Is it possible? How would you remain competitive and also generate revenue?
Re: Telecommunication, Satellite And Wireless Technology In Nigeria by sbucareer(f): 11:31am On May 25, 2007

Re: Telecommunication, Satellite And Wireless Technology In Nigeria by sbucareer(f): 12:07pm On May 25, 2007

Above is a GSM network. By default, a GSM network is the most popular standard for mobile phones communications in the world. To setup a GSM you woul need to do these things.

BSS interfaces

1.Base Transceiver Station
2 Base Station Controller
3 Packet Control Unit

The BSS interface will be transcoded into the Mobile Switching Center (MSC/VLC). The VLC will interface with PSTN (Public Switch Telephone Network) i.e. Nigeria telecom or via satellite etc.

You can transcode your MSC to a GPRS Core Networks for terrestrial services like TV, Movies and SKY or Navigators technology or SMS gateways.

Finally, you would hook up the MSC/VLC with a EIS/HLR for managing mobile subscribers. Apart from obtaining a GSM license, it will cost you around £1,000,000

Now, you need to cover these monies to break even, let say 5 years. Within that five year a new technology comes out and someone deploy the same system with say £100,000 and it takes him  one year to break even. You see GSM network is becoming unattractive to investors.

If you take HSDPA systems, it takes less to deploy but there is a catch but I will not mention it here. Let see what you all think
Re: Telecommunication, Satellite And Wireless Technology In Nigeria by sholatech(m): 12:27am On May 27, 2007
SbuCareer,

Nice post.Good Plan!

Your GSM network topology is what is obtainable in all Nigerian GSM networks.

Going HSDPA is more or less migrating to 3G.

Now, all these just helps to provide more value added services non-existent in present legacy networks.

Now, to provide free voice and data comunications services, the bottomline is to deploy an all IP-based network.

This significantly reduces cost of call-handover and transit calls.

A mix of both technology, billing and pricing strategy is required to provide "free" services to Nigerians.

You remain competitive and derive revenue by charging subscribers for "connectivity", not for services.

My team of entrepreneurs have been working on similar plan for the past 5 years and we believe we will achieve that by Q3-2007.

Funding for this kind of project will be around $100m for phase 1
Re: Telecommunication, Satellite And Wireless Technology In Nigeria by sbucareer(f): 11:17am On May 27, 2007

Sholatech, thanks for your rich reply and insight. If you are willing we can both share information we have gathered so far. My company can arrange a meeting in London with your group of professionals for 3 days conference, we will pay for the expenses.

We have only two years strategic plan. We are currently on the marketing strategy plan with some group of vendors and mobile manufacturers in UK, USA, and China.

If your consulting firm is willing, we can merge, money and capitalization is the the issue. We have managed to acquire £1.8 Billion and so far we can still raise further £378 million towards the end of this Q3-2007.

You can personally reply me on valentine.obih@ittcg.co.uk

Look foward to hearing from you.

(1) (Reply)

Help!! My BB 9700 Always On EGDE In A 3G Coverage Area. / Airtel Has Done It Again / Has Glo Stopped Their BIS On Android?(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.