Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 (19183 Views)

Leicester City Vs Liverpool (0 - 4) On 26th December 2019 / Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 7th December 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by luvola(m): 11:49am On Dec 03, 2019
Burnley midfielder Ashley Westwood has served a one-match ban but could still miss out on a 200th Premier League appearance because of a groin injury.
Charlie Taylor is another doubt after suffering a hamstring problem at the weekend but Erik Pieters should be fit.
Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan will miss Tuesday's clash because of suspension.
City remain without injured forward Sergio Aguero, who won't be fit for Saturday's derby against United either.
Aguero has a thigh injury, and manager Pep Guardiola said: "He is not ready for the derby but after the derby we will see."
Manchester City will 'fight until the last day'
MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
@SteveBowerComm: The last time the current champions visited Turf Moor was in late April, when a
scrappy 1-0 win took them back to the top of the table with two games remaining. City return to Lancashire with a staggering distance of 11 points between them and the summit.
The immediate aim is all about a victory to try and kick-start a winning run. They only dropped points in six matches throughout last season, but have lost them in five already during this campaign.
Burnley will be aware of City's determination to provide a reaction. The Clarets are in far better shape than a year ago but have lost four of their last six games. They will certainly ask questions of City's current state of mind.
VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT
Burnley manager Sean Dyche on Manchester City: "At that level, that real sharp edge of trying to win the league, trying to win in Europe, the tiny details affect a way a team operates.
"I'm not sitting here crying on their behalf, but when you're at the super-elite level and the expectation is massive then the team loses key players, it affects the balance.
"I don't know the thoughts inside the camp, but I don't think they're a million miles away and I think they're a top, top side."
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "In the situation we are [in] we cannot think about the people in front.
"We have to think about what we have to do to win games. We have to try to be more solid with the chances we have and the chances we concede."
LAWRO'S PREDICTION
The worst thing that could have happened for Burnley was seeing Manchester City concede a late equaliser to Newcastle at the weekend.
City will be fired up, and I am sure we will see a reaction from Pep Guardiola's side.
Prediction: 0-2
Lawro's full predictions v University Challenge star Bobby Seagull
MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
Burnley have only won one of the past 22 meetings in all competitions, and none in eight since a 1-0 home victory in March 2015 (D1, L7).
Manchester City beat Burnley three times last season: 5-0 at the Etihad Stadium in both the Premier League and FA Cup, and 1-0 at Turf Moor in the league.
Burnley
Burnley have lost four of their past six Premier League games.
Nonetheless, their total of 18 points after 14 matches is double the tally they had at this stage of last season.
Their solitary victory in the last 26 league fixtures against established top-six opposition came against Spurs in February (D6, L19).
Ashley Barnes has 15 Premier League goals in 2019, and Chris Wood 14 - no other Burnley player has more than three.
No Clarets player has scored more than 15 top-flight goals in a calendar year since Peter Noble managed 17 in 1975. Leighton James scored 16 in 1974.
Wood has scored six goals in his past seven top-flight games.
Manchester City
City have dropped 13 points in their 14 league matches this season. They only dropped 16 points in the entire 2018-19 campaign, and 14 points during 2017-18.
Their only victory in five league and cup matches came in the Premier League against Chelsea on 23 November.
Manchester City could equal their longest winless away run under Pep Guardiola of four games in all competitions, set in October 2016.
City have scored in 18 successive Premier League away fixtures, their second longest streak in the division.
However, it's seven matches without a clean sheet for City in all competitions.
Gabriel Jesus has failed to score in any of his last 10 appearances for club and country.
Riyad Mahrez has scored 49 Premier League goals in his career.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50554016

Title race match
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by 1kbusiness: 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2019
Mancity will definitely win this match. Would have loved to watch the match oh. It would be a good excuse to leave my computer for a while but it's late.

Anyways, We are still in the 1k Business.

which means that with 1k, you can take your logo and give it this look. Super cool deal right? Well, that's not all.
You'll also get this Season's greetings message customized with your logo and Contact details.

Send us a message now so we'll get started on your work early.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Prodigee: 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2019
This land is for sale

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Encapsulate: 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2019
Yesterday ballon dor go don ginger them city brain. Poor Burnley are probably going to be trashed messi-lessly today grin

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Slawormir: 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2019
Damnnnnn niggarrr

As Liverpool fan

Bleep mancity
We are grabbing this one

2 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Godsein(m): 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2019
Prediction for the punters.

or O.v 2.5.

3 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2019
1-3 or 2-3

Full time
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Skepticus: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2019
cool
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Renforce: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2019
So this is how everybody will just award Liverpool the trophy undecided no real contender shocked
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2019
May the best team win.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Kingosytex(m): 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2019
cheesycheesycheesy

I have never been a fan of liVARpool but i must confess that they are the strongest team in the world right now.

Pep Moniola is really running out of ideas. I guess he needs more money from the sheikh's ever-loaded pockets.

Liverpool will win the league while Leicester will take the second position. Chelsea, Man City and the rest will battle for the remaining top four spots.

3 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by gurusmac4: 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
Who will Win tonight

Like for Burnley

Share for Man city

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by AlphaStyles(m): 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
Man City had better win this game

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Madibah(m): 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
Man City go play like them use drugs this night...
No matter how Burnley strong-head wan reach city go flog dem
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Madibah(m): 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2019
Haykah:
Zero error zero fear_zero scam.

See ur poor face
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Teebilion: 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2019
Am already on a city jersey , would bet my all that city would win
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by OnPointMan(m): 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2019
Renforce:
So this is how everybody will just award Liverpool the trophy undecided no real contender shocked

Leicester is contending na grin

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Gee64: 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2019
Man City MUST WIN!!!
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Minemrys: 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
Renforce:
d0n't l0ok down on leicester or man city or chelsea yet. It's still early.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Torosk1(m): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
RIP to Burnley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Niwdog(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2019
Kingosytex:
cheesycheesycheesy

I have never been a fan of liVARpool but i must confess that they are the strongest team in the world right now.

Pep Moniola is really running out of ideas. I guess he needs more money from the sheikh's ever-loaded pockets.

Liverpool will win the league while Leicester will take the second position. Chelsea, Man City and the rest will battle for the remaining top four spots.
mark my words today Leicester city won't make top 4
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by northvietnam(m): 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2019
The idiot Pep has seen that lifting champions league in 2-3 dif leagues and dif teams ain't easy.....

He is losing today QED...

He must learn how to respect Morinho,
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2019
Draw
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
Minemrys:

look down on Chelsea pls
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Renforce: 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2019
Minemrys:

Bros Liverpool has VAR, luck, a terrific coach and Mane... Its hard to draw them not to talk of winning

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Renforce: 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ireboya:
look down on Chelsea pls

We are not ready yet... At least not with Zouma and our hopeless left backs. Damn ban!
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by AdorableJosh(m): 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
Does this look appealing to even you op? No paragraphing, nothing. At least put a little bit of an effort to your copy and paste.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Minemrys: 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
Renforce:

Bros Liverpool has VAR, luck, a terrific coach and Mane... Its hard to draw them not to talk of winning
which VAR? Didn't u guys say it will be the d0om of Liverpool? Speaking of VAR, i hope u kn0w it assisted Iheanacho last sunday for Leicester? Or Man U that has been grantd penalties up0n penalties? Or that foul against Origi that wasn't called by VAR? Or the armpit offside for Firmin0? Wat of Chelsea? I can go on and list it. The only thing VAR has helped against for Lfc are obvious offsides fr0m resulting set pieces. Speak with fact. Yes, Mane has been instrumental, but hope u kn0w he hasn't sc0red past a goal since against newcastle? And it was VVD's brace and Trent's assists that helped us win last saturday. So, unlike s0me other clubs, Liverpool is m0re a team than a star leading a pack. With or without Mane, i am sure we'd find a way to win if we are determined.

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 by Minemrys: 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ireboya:
look down on Chelsea pls
that would be fo0lish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (2 - 1) On 19th January 2019 / Arsenal Vs West Ham (3 - 1) On 25th August 2018 / Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.