Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG (15391 Views)

Omowaiye: Those Accusing Oyetola Of Rubbishing Aregbesola’s Legacies Are Liars / Ajibola Basiru Asks Malami To Resign: ‘You Are Rubbishing Buhari’s Govt’ / FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by Staro: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2019
Buhari is a curse to
Nigeria and Africa
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by buywpbundles: 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2019
What do you expect from this government
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by sweetonugbu: 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
Worst government in the history of Nigeria, policy somersault
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by endy69: 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
Nobody needs an expert knowledge to understand this little economic arithmetic. When you want to encourage cashless policy which the government claimed it would add value to naira and one of the mechanisms is the use of POS and still the government goes ahead to tax this POS while having in mind that the people have other alternative which is the former cash policy and these people would resort to cash to escape taxation. How is the government encouraging the informal economy which over 80% depend on for survival? how are we encouraging the ease of doing business? truly I don't understand the economy thrust of this government. isn't it obvious to these people that their policies are not improving the lives of the poor masses which the President sworn to left out of poverty? How will they left us out of poverty?

1 Like

Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by Dickson44: 2:39pm On Dec 04, 2019
Truth be told, this women's group is right. FG is looking for a way to milk the citizens dry all in the name of generating revenues, what they do with it is yet to be known. You carry cash they charge you, you go cashless they still charge you. Ah ah my country, which way!
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by ceejay80s(m): 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2019
I wonder where u guys think the embezzlement money and 30k minimum wage will be coming from?
Everyday #50 pos charge multiply by 50million Nigerians daily, although naija is over 300 million citizens
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by shevchenko(m): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2019
1kbusiness:
These people still think the Government is looking out for the People's interest.

When you know that the Government is out to enrich themselves and no one else, that's when these things will stop surprising you.

The question now is this. What are we going to do about it?

Did you say what are "we" going to do about it ?

I have been following your post and I realize you voted the illiterate
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by TruthSpeaker: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
I said this long before now. How can you claim to be advocating for cashless policy and at the same time you are flogging people for using POS instead of giving them incentives.
Where I live if you make payment by any electronic means, you will get a discount of between 2-3%. That way, I often avoid cash payment when I have to spend (most especially if it is worth hundreds of dollars).
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by edoairways: 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
TruthSpeaker:
I said this long before now. How can you claim to be advocating for cashless policy and at the same time you are flogging people for using POS instead of giving them incentives.
Where I live if you make payment by any electronic means, you will get a discount of between 2-3%. That way, I often avoid cash payment when I have to spend (most especially if it is worth hundreds of dollars).
This assertion of yours ought to be implemented in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2019
govt is just looking for ways to steal money

1 Like

Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by vezycash(m): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
doctokwus:

The most annoying thing is that he everyday shows he has no clue about anything,but he still has supporters.
I just tire for some Nigerians.

The nairaland supporters are paid shills. Those outside nairaland are masochists.
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by 1kbusiness: 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
shevchenko:

Did you say what are "we" going to do about it ?

I have been following your post and I realize you voted the illiterate

you're gravely mistaken. I assure you.
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by vezycash(m): 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2019
TruthSpeaker:
Where I live if you make payment by any electronic means, you will get a discount of between 2-3%.

Why are hiding the remaining part. You sometimes get cash back at the end of the month especially if you use loyalty cards. You also get access to regular deals while everyone else waits for black Friday and holidays.

Also, using epayments helps in getting cheap loans, mortgage, health care, insurance... if you have good credit history.

2 Likes

Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by Lifewithme: 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2019
Ladycewhy:
You want people to go cashless yet you make them pay more for going cashless, i just don't see the sense in it.

The only solution is to make cash transactions only but its actually quite sad that they are doing trial and error with the economy,smh

Stupid country
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2019
Nigeria leader does not think before implementing a policy, my thought exactly and that is what i have resulted to, withdraw my money to buy fuel or anything rather than the usual POS.

So what is the essence of the cashless policy? no sense at all. FG is only thinking of making money and not ready for any cashless
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by vezycash(m): 4:03pm On Dec 04, 2019
Anyone with half a brain would have anticipated this just by looking at Lagos - the home of APC. Touts are terrorizing market people, Okada riders, and the land use charge has multiplied more than 1000%.

NOTE: There might be an external body pushing for this. You can't borrow billions of dollars from the white man for free.

They'll ask you to devalue your currency, increase taxation, VAT, put persons of their choosing in key offices, allow certain companies to operate tax free...

If our president succeeds in borrowing $30B, this stamp duty would be child's play to what's coming next.

If Tinubu becomes president, expect Good things. Rapid development but the price will be high. And we might transition to a ONE PARTY country.
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by backnbeta(f): 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2019
Now I withdraw and pay cash everywhere...no time to waste time undecided

1 Like

Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by armadeo(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2019
backnbeta:
Now I withdraw and pay cash everywhere...no time to waste time undecided

I tell you. Just plan weekly expenses and run like that. Sometimes self bulk planning join.

No time for people to try and obtain me with policies
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by themanderon: 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
Stupid people in government that never think a policy through before attempting to implement it.
They want a cashless society yet they turn around to charge the same platform they want people to use, ain't that stupidity
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by sylve11: 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2019
una nor go see brake light here. grin cool
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by Origin(f): 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
It's better to get your salary as cash and keep spending it.

Very stuuuuuupiiiiiiiiiid senseless people.

Money comes into account N50
Transfer N52.50
Withdraw your own money- N65 and N1 per mille
Pay with POS - N50

Everything plus VAT.

On top of my hard earned money.
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by alezzy13: 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
But wait oo. I thought it was reversed
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by Gentew(m): 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2019
Ladycewhy:
You want people to go cashless yet you make them pay more for going cashless, i just don't see the sense in it.

The only solution is to make cash transactions only but its actually quite sad that they are doing trial and error with the economy,smh

That is what you get when you have a clueless illiterate as your President
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by platido(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2019
Goe bless you our mother's for crying on our behaf....
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by Legendguru: 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2019
OH
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by McRhymesman: 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
the real visionless, clueless gov't.... they re scamming us everyday
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by Indispensable85(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
Buhari the wicked one.
Creating hardship since 1982
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by showafrica(m): 4:15am On Dec 05, 2019
1kbusiness:
These people still think the Government is looking out for the People's interest.

When you know that the Government is out to enrich themselves and no one else, that's when these things will stop surprising you.

The question now is this. What are we going to do about it?

Give your customers a treat today with just 1k. Send me your logo and I'll give em these look. I will also customize this season's greetings message with your logo and phone number. Send us a message today.

The answer is boycott, it will be on world headlines that citizens of a particular country is no longer interested in her government.
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by Godwin2am(m): 5:16am On Dec 05, 2019
well every move by this seems to some sections and not all, imagine an area where there's no bank presence that's where POS business thrives , after ajah there's no bank presence until you get to Epe , meaning within the eleko junction to dangote refinery the people use POS to transact or have cash at hand. and the charges are exuberant ......to much charges, the POS agent are making money including the banks too..... the government are using this avenues to rob the people. you can't be going for cashless economy and charge people at the same time else that's robbing . may God bless Nigeria
Re: POS Stamp Duty: ‘You Are Rubbishing Cashless Policy’ – Women Group Tells FG by VanGun: 7:22am On Dec 05, 2019
brownnikky16:
The Women’s Research and Documentation Centre (WORDOC), Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan, declared that the introduction of N50 stamp duty on every transaction above N1,000 by the Federal Government is a way of rubbishing the cashless and financial inclusion policies of the government.
Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

Coordinator of WORDOC, Dr. Sharon Omotoso, raised the alarm during a press briefing held at the University of Ibadan.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Nigeria Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS), had in September 2019, issued a circular that stated that a statutory fee of N50 was added to every transaction over N1,000.

Omotoso, while reacting, insisted that the N50 stamp duty was making life difficult for women entrepreneurs and many people had returned to the use of cash that was earlier discouraged because of risks associated with its usage for business transactions.

She placed three demands before the Federal Government, which include: “review the N50 stamp duty to take effect only on transactions from N50,000.

“The Federal Government should withdraw the instruction with immediate effect, pending when the issue will be resolved. In the spirit of democracy. We seek government’s accountability and transparency on the hitherto deducted N50 stamp duty which would have accrued to millions since the policy took effect.

“Payment channel agents charge this stamp duty in every individual transaction.

In a recent survey of retail outlets, there are reports that POS machines in certain filling stations now have an upgrade that automatically charges N50 stamp duty, sometimes with the buyer oblivious to this.

“With this development, Nigerians are collectively decrying this stamp duty charge and many are shunning transaction via point of sale, choosing instead to withdraw bulk money from ATM posts. As people are inclined to carry cash now in defiance to the stamp duty, the prior successful cashless policy in Nigeria is gradually degenerating.

“This is added to the fact that arguably half of Nigeria’s population is unbanked. Along with this, PoS charges are triggering a move from grocery stores and supermarkets.”

A recent survey, according to Omotoso, revealed that the number of inactive terminals in Nigeria increased from 43,320 in January to 131,201 by October 2019.

“Nigeria is a low-income country with one of the highest entrepreneurship rates in the world. It also has one of the highest female entrepreneurship rates in the continent, in terms of their agencies and active business engagements.

“With this, however, comes a need to distinguish between high end and low-end female entrepreneurship. High-end entrepreneurship has a structure that conforms to the formal sector. Low-end entrepreneurship is squarely informal,” she said.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/12/04/pos-stamp-duty-you-are-rubbishing-cashless-policy-group-tells-fg/amp/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abdullahi Adamu: 2023 Presidency Going To South Wishful Thinking, Not Practical / Former NSA Dasuki Objects To Secret Trial / How DSS Lied Against Magu, EFCC Boss - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.