Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (318423 Views)

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by SuomyNona: 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Yes. I met a lady in Abuja few months back at the NNPC HQ during the recruitment process, she recently got a Scholarship to study MSc in Chemistry at Grenoble in France.

She was among the 3 or 4 people picked from Lagos. She finished with a first class in Chemistry from Lasu and was the second overall best in Waec during her set.

It's fair and square. Her parents are just petty traders. A lovely girl she is, wish to meet her sometime in the future.

If you meet the requirements, go ahead and apply.

Super competitive, 80% of those shortlisted will be first-class graduate with distinctions in major O level subjects.

If you don't have any of the above, having numerous academic awards and a journal can make up for it.

At the end you need God grace to make the final cut because there is little margin between candidates after aggregating all these factors.

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by CsRockefeller(m): 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2019
SuomyNona:

Super competitive, 80% of those shortlisted will be first-class graduate with distinctions in major I level subjects.

If you don't have any of the above, having numerous academic awards and a journal can make up for it.

At the end you need God grace to make the final cut because there is little margin between candidates after aggregating all these factors.

Nice.

I assume you are a first class graduate and have tried once or twice?

What did you study?

Aside this, is there any local one here in Nigeria?

I read Economics finished with a 3.86.

I want to further, though my preference is local institutions.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Pr0cter: 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2019
SuomyNona:

You can apply with NYSC Posting Letter provided you will have the certificate before the interview screening in April/May next year

He won't get shortlisted. Most with complete document don't even get shortlisted
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Rosella1: 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2019
DMainMan:

Tks bro. Wishing you success

Please sir, which one is local government identification letter? Hope you don't mind explaining?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by SuomyNona: 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
Pr0cter:

He won't get shortlisted. Most with complete document don't even get shortlisted

I know about 10 people that got shortlisted last year, stop discouraging people.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by SuomyNona: 9:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Nice.
I assume you are a first class graduate and have tried once or twice?
What did you study?
Aside this, is there any local one here in Nigeria?
I read Economics finished with a 3.86.
I want to further, though my preference is local institutions.
Yes, there is Overseas and Local scheme. You can apply for both.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Pr0cter: 9:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
SuomyNona:

I know about 10 people that got shortlisted last year, stop discouraging people.

Did they finally get awarded??

That's the thing. They will instead select those with the complete certificate after the interview
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by SuomyNona: 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2019
Pr0cter:

Did they finally get awarded??

That's the thing. They will instead select those with the complete certificate after the interview

Yes, two of them were awarded.

Once you made it to the interview, it is up to you to make a case for your self and present your documents for grading.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by psalmist0203(m): 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2019
psalmist0203:
Please, i need a good advice from the good people on this thread.. I studied PHYSICS EDUCATION and I graduated with 2:1, do i stand a chance if i apply since my first degree is not in engineering or Oil and Gas core courses..
Due to the dynamism of physics, i have this strong belief that i may still be considered if i carefully choose a course that pertain to my first degree.
GEOPHYSICS is my best choice.

Please I need an advise on this, somebody should please assist with any info that can help.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by CsRockefeller(m): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
SuomyNona:

Yes, there is Overseas and Local scheme. You can apply for both.

I have no clue on how to go about it.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by SuomyNona: 10:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
CsRockefeller:

I have no clue on how to go about it.
https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/guidelines

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by subcbouy: 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2019
I havent registered with NIN before, what should I do? Is it to pay #500 before verification?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by subcbouy: 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2019
SuomyNona:

Once you made it to the interview, it is up to you to make a case for your self and present your documents for grading.
I guess they have good documents which both presented, like 1st class or 2.1, right?

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Pr0cter: 10:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
SuomyNona:

That's a lie. Do you know that there's is a grading for nysc certificate and supporting documents.

It's mostly in rare cases a corper can be selected and it mostly those from the northern state where there is very less competition. Get ur fact right. In case you don't know, most cases of selected 2.2 / 2.1 are from the north

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by CsRockefeller(m): 10:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Equity15(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2019
SuomyNona:

You can apply with NYSC Posting Letter provided you will have the certificate before the interview screening in April/May next year
thanks Sist..I greatly appreciate

another thing.. I have a NIN do I still need to verify?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Equity15(m): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2019
Saimeritus:

That's a lie, put in your posting letter, I got the scholarship and was still serving when I applied.
thanks
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Equity15(m): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2019
Saimeritus:

That's a lie, put in your posting letter, I got the scholarship and was still serving when I applied.
thanks bro..I appreciate..and please i don't know if we can talk privately so you guide me a little.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by SuomyNona: 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
Pr0cter:

That's a lie. Do you know that there's is a grading for nysc certificate and supporting documents?

It's mostly in rare cases a corper can be selected and it mostly those from the northern state where there is very less competition. Get ur fact right. In case you don't know, most cases of selected 2.2 / 2.1 are from the north

You skipped my previous post where I said "provided they complete their NYSC and have the discharge certificate before the interview screening in April/May next year".

It seems you are in the mood for argument.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Christiana9: 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2019
My school said they cannot send my transcript directly to me, and I need to upload it, how will I go about it?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by crowther15(m): 4:53am On Dec 06, 2019
Christiana9:
My school said they cannot send my transcript directly to me, and I need to upload it, how will I go about it?
I think you request for a students' copy
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Pr0cter: 5:26am On Dec 06, 2019
SuomyNona:

You skipped my previous post where I said "provided they complete their NYSC and have the discharge certificate before the interview screening in April/May next year".

It seems you are in the mood for argument.

Your post is not valid jor!

Don't quote me again pls
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EZEEMMY(m): 6:51am On Dec 06, 2019
Please is IFP School highly competitive in terms of choice of school for this scholarship?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by milvet(f): 6:53am On Dec 06, 2019
Chidolight7:
Thank you sir I have already registered on this portal but I meant the process in applying for the personal funding, I can't find the Nigerian-German training programme unless it's a different process this year. Thank you.

Have you found your way around this cos.I'm having same ish. I clicked personal finding but the options there are not even highlighted.
Kindly reply please ☹️
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 7:00am On Dec 06, 2019
Christiana9:
Lol, be smart about this bro.

Apply for transcript, send it to any office or shop you know. Once it gets to them, collect it, make numerous photocopy and scanning because you will be using it alot.

Forget about students copy.

It costs 25k in UNN. I applied, sent it to my Uncle's company and that is how the official one is with me.

3 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Lee84: 7:00am On Dec 06, 2019
Please someone should help me, how do I get the NIN number?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 7:04am On Dec 06, 2019
Pr0cter:

Your post is not valid jor!

Don't quote me again pls
Stop arguing, serving corps members can apply and they stand same chance. Many of them get the award

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Iliyasdass(m): 7:25am On Dec 06, 2019
Pr0cter:

Says who? My friend & coursemate
applied for this scholarship with his Nysc posting letter towards finishing his Nysc & he was shortlisted for d interview. After finishing service, that's when d interview came & he did well and was among d chosen ones.. He has finished his MSc now from Germany & back in Nigeria..

As for me, I don dey apply for this scholarship twice since January 2018 when d UK scholarship was introduced but wasn't shortlisted. I applied again dec 2018 still dsame thing. This will be my 3rd time now...So, shortlisting na luck ooooo...

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by pwetie: 7:26am On Dec 06, 2019
mrphysics:
Stop arguing, serving corps members can apply and they stand same chance. Many of them get the award

Hello Mrphysics can a 3.6/5 cgpa engring grad get this for Msc with average Wassce grades. And is one competing with people on a National level or based on State allocation. And what can one do with an average academic score to increase the chances of being selected. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Macgyver1: 7:51am On Dec 06, 2019
pwetie:

Hello Mrphysics can a 3.6/5 cgpa engring grad get this for Msc with average Wassce grades. And is one competing with people on a National level or based on State allocation. And what can one do with an average academic score to increase the chances of being selected. Thanks.

You are competing against people from ur state, their is a quota. If you get shortlisted, just impress in your interview.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by lucexy: 7:54am On Dec 06, 2019
If you can't find it there, it means DAAD has not put the option there. They'll still put it. You just have to check constantly. Same thing happened last year.

milvet:

Have you found your way around this cos.I'm having same ish. I clicked personal finding but the options there are not even highlighted.
Kindly reply please ☹️
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Chidolight7(m): 9:01am On Dec 06, 2019
I have not, I do not think it is open yet in the portal.
milvet:

Kindly reply please ☹️

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (98) (Reply)

University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Thread For PHD Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.