Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Fate Of Tenants At The Demise Of The Yoruba Landlord In Lagos State. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fate Of Tenants At The Demise Of The Yoruba Landlord In Lagos State. (659 Views)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / The Yoruba Iwo King Akanbi That Sleeps With Men & Does Fraud - [EXPOSED] -part 2 / What Is The Yoruba Word For "Oak Tree" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fate Of Tenants At The Demise Of The Yoruba Landlord In Lagos State. by DemigodZeus147(m): 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
Greetings Nairalanders,

I am from the Southeastern part of the country, but moved to Lagos State last year. I am currently a year and four months old here.

In my course of stay, I noticed when the Baba (Landlord) whom tenants met when they rented the apartment kicks the bucket (dies), few years following this; all the tenants are asked to vacate the building. The new landlord (the Baba’s children) rents out the apartment to new people entirely. No renovation is being carried out in the building, just a total change of the occupants. I have seen two buildings "Face me I face you" where this have been done.

This seems strange to me as we do not experience such in Southeast. My questions are; what’s the reason behind this?Is this a general practice in Yoruba land?
Re: Fate Of Tenants At The Demise Of The Yoruba Landlord In Lagos State. by YungMillionaire: 6:27am On Dec 06, 2019
Just look for another house to rent. Don't worry yourself over these things.
Re: Fate Of Tenants At The Demise Of The Yoruba Landlord In Lagos State. by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 06, 2019
DemigodZeus147:
Greetings Nairalanders,

I am from the Southeastern part of the country, but moved to Lagos State last year. I am currently a year and four months old here.

In my course of stay, I noticed when the Baba (Landlord) whom tenants met when they rented the apartment kicks the bucket (dies), few years following this; all the tenants are asked to vacate the building. The new landlord (the Baba’s children) rents out the apartment to new people entirely. No renovation is being carried out in the building, just a total change of the occupants. I have seen two buildings "Face me I face you" where this have been done.

This seems strange to me as we do not experience such in Southeast. My questions are; what’s the reason behind this?Is this a general practice in Yoruba land?

You must be a gossip in real life...Man gossiping like woman.

Secondly this issue of I migrated from East...East na your state or papa house..

Rightly use whatsoever state you moved from and stop this east nonsense...

East my foot.
Re: Fate Of Tenants At The Demise Of The Yoruba Landlord In Lagos State. by DemigodZeus147(m): 8:47am On Dec 06, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Just look for another house to rent. Don't worry yourself over these things.

My house is not affected.I noticed the act, hence I decided to know if it is a general thing or not.
Re: Fate Of Tenants At The Demise Of The Yoruba Landlord In Lagos State. by DemigodZeus147(m): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You must be a gossip in real life...Man gossiping like woman.

Secondly this issue of I migrated from East...East na your state or papa house..

Rightly use whatsoever state you moved from and stop this east nonsense...

East my foot.

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Fate Of Tenants At The Demise Of The Yoruba Landlord In Lagos State. by Olude193: 9:30am On Dec 06, 2019
The only thing i Understood is that you also live in a face me I slap you building...
Re: Fate Of Tenants At The Demise Of The Yoruba Landlord In Lagos State. by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2019
Olude193:
The only thing i Understood is that you also live in a face me I slap you building...

Yes I do... But do you have answers to my questions?

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi Over Otun-ekiti Royal Tussle / Most Populous Tribe In Africa (real Facts) / History Of The Famous Aboriginal Tasmania – The Massacre And Extinction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.