Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform (22794 Views)

FG Uncovers Multiple Entries Of Over 1000 Names On Workers’ Payroll, IPPIS / IPPIS: Joe Abah On "How Ghost Workers Exist In Public Institutions" / IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by tollyboy5(m): 9:03am On Dec 05, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Okay, they generate revenue, but how much. All the ones you mentioned cannot even pay 2 staff of the CBN. Universities, don't they collect tuition fees and others?
lol what are saying na! the money paid as school fees remains in the school. you think federal government collect school fees from schools? i pay 13k in my 300L and 15k in 400L and i saw the bill on what i payed for, nothing is going to federal acct
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by Elijahrona(m): 9:04am On Dec 05, 2019
Hoephase:

CBN generate revenue I am talking from experience.

O really? I never knew. I initially thought that FG always inject loads of cash into CBN without getting meaningful returns lol. Well, I'll research more about the place. Thanks
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by Iziquiel(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2019
PatrickOkunima:
Another educated fellow. It's advice (noun) not advise (verb).
Thanks for the correction but it still doesn't change the fact that you don't have the brains to engage in this subject. You should have left this thread a long time ago instead of putting up weak arguments.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:08am On Dec 05, 2019
tollyboy5:

lol what are saying na! the money paid as school fees remains in the school. you think federal government collect school fees from schools? i pay 13k in my 300L and 15k in 400L and i saw the bill on what i payed for, nothing is going to federal acct

Thanks for enlightening me. I thought these fees are remitted to the government. Since that's not the case, a lot of embezzlement must be happening in these institutions. Projects are not executed, salaries are paid by the govt. What exactly do they do with these funds?
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by abdulkayus(m): 9:13am On Dec 05, 2019
imam07:
which stupid point. Are they not govt workers? Govt is paying them also. So they must be under ippis

But they are revenue generating agents. So, the director General of IPPIS has a point. And he also said that with time, they too may also be under the IPPIS.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by duchez(m): 9:16am On Dec 05, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
IPPIS a new innovation by Sai Baba that will bring development and ensure a good quality of life for the citizens and Personnel serving the country.

God bless Buhari

IPPIS was here long before PMB came to power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by duchez(m): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2019
imam07:
which stupid point. Are they not govt workers? Govt is paying them also. So they must be under ippis

Oga read well, those agencies mentioned don’t draw their recurrent expenditure from the Consolidated Revenue Fund. That is the difference. They bear these costs by themselves unlike the universities’ lecturers who are paid by the Federal Government.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:27am On Dec 05, 2019
Iziquiel:

Thanks for the correction but it still doesn't change the fact that you don't have the brains to engage in this subject. You should have left this thread a long time ago instead of putting up weak arguments.

Considering that we're in a faceless forum, I won't be surprised if you're not half as educated as myself, yet you accuse me of lacking the intellect to discuss a subject as rudimentary as this.

Yes, I wrote that, but most of the people quoting me, yourself inclusive took my comment out of context. Ideally, the CBN should be generating revenue for the government, but in reality are they? To start with, can you show me a proof of CBN's revenue contribution to the annual budget? Do that and I'll take you seriously.

For the records, I am not your average Nigerian graduate. If it were possible, I would have called that a public test be organized between you and me, an avenue for me to place you where you rightly belong intellectually. Besides, that, I don't have to prove anything to you. Have a wonderful day.
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by Jesuspikin8: 9:28am On Dec 05, 2019
TGM2015:

I think the below quote will help a little. You are at liberty to get any Business Management textbooks or research on Government Owned Business Enterprises, except you believe Universities are also Government owned Business Enterprises. Thank you.

You don't need no fuuucking research to know that the major shareholder of a company - the FG - can dictate how its workers get paid. If they want to.
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by Awoleesu(m): 9:38am On Dec 05, 2019
gulfer:
See excuse angry angry angry angry
Very daft excuses!
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by 0monnak0da: 9:38am On Dec 05, 2019
TGM2015:

I think the below quote will help a little. You are at liberty to get any Business Management textbooks or research on Government Owned Business Enterprises, except you believe Universities are also Government owned Business Enterprises. Thank you.

That quote is from the Quran or the Ten Commandments?

Please stop talking ignorantly

This is not an issue of textbooks but LAW
What is written in our law?

According to your logic these entities decide how much their expenses are and then remit what is left
That is not what the law says. Every situation is different and depends on LAW not armchair rationalization
Let us take the CBN for example clearly you are ignorant

The CBN has to have its budget passed by the National Assembly.

It does not remit NET INCOME as you ignorantly claim. How much did the CBN remit last year or the year before
The CBN does not work with the same model as the NNPC or FIRS

Let us also consider the FRSC which is a revenue generator. It does not work to the same model as the NNPC
NPA or the Customs or Immigration ALL of which generate money
They all have specific legislation.
This is true for NEPA and Nigeria Airways when they were alive
The NNPC is VERY different from the Immigration
So this idea of remitting what is left after expenses is Nonsense

The expenses of the Immigration department are captured in the Federal Budget. It has no authority to spend ANY of its revenue
This issue was debated exhaustively during Sanusi's tenure
The CBN, NNPC, JAMB ,Universities etc are all established by specific individual legislation and that is what governs their fiscal behaviour.
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2019
This is absolutely untrue. Absolutely. What matters is these other institutions are Federal and their staff are Federal government's employees. And who says the Universities are not regulated by the National Assembly?

The fact that they are revenue generating is the very reason they should be brought onto IPPIS...

In any case IPPIS is just another fraudulent machinery to allow some people connected to the powers that be to have fingers inside workers' money.

TGM2015:
CBN, FIRS, NNPC and others are Corporate Entity established by law whose activities, including the revenue/income and expenditures, were regulated by act of National Assembly. Moreover, they generate revenue, net their expenses as specified by relevant law, and remmit excesses to the FG. Some of them have their remittance shared by all the three tiers of government.

Under what basis should such organisations be with compared or served as a basis on which ASUU (an association of employee) exclusion be made?
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by baganas: 10:00am On Dec 05, 2019
Flexherbal:

There must always be an excuse.

Do universities not generate funds?
All the school fees that students pay are what?
These are not remitted to the consolidated revenue account and a large part of it ended up in private pockets
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by 0monnak0da: 10:15am On Dec 05, 2019
Hoephase:

CBN generate revenue I am talking from experience.
Please do not talk from SECRET" experience talk from PUBLIC facts

How much does the CBN generate?
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by thundafire: 10:21am On Dec 05, 2019
jacquincy:
The greatest scam in civil/ public service is this ippis
wat do u know shut up
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by johannu(m): 10:33am On Dec 05, 2019
While the FG and ASUU are sorting things out, let the AGF start enrolling staff of CBN, NNPC, FIRS etc. Or maybe it is never in the plan of the government to enroll staff of those 'revenue generating' agencies where the children of the high and mighty get paid humongous salaries. You hardly can find those children lecturing in our universities where high mental capabilities are required but in juicy places reserved for the children of treasury looters.
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by Iziquiel(m): 10:45am On Dec 05, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Considering that we're in a faceless forum, I won't be surprised if you're not half as educated as myself, yet you accuse me of lacking the intellect to discuss a subject as rudimentary as this.

Yes, I wrote that, but most of the people quoting me, yourself inclusive took my comment out of context. Ideally, the CBN should be generating revenue for the government, but in reality are they? To start with, can you show me a proof of CBN's revenue contribution to the annual budget? Do that and I'll take you seriously.

For the records, I am not your average Nigerian graduate. If it were possible, I would have called that a public test be organized between you and me, an avenue for me to place you where you rightly belong intellectually. Besides, that, I don't have to prove anything to you. Have a wonderful day.
Your argument is neither here nor there. First, you disputed the fact that the CBN generates revenue and when someone corrected you, "you asked how much? Money that is not even enough to pay the salaries of two people ". And now you're asking me how much the CBN contributes to our National Budget.
Your question is quite funny.

Here are some ways through which the CBN generates income.

1. Interest earned on advances made to Government and on holdings of Treasury bills and Registered Stocks.

2. Interest earned on foreign currency securities and deposits.

3. Commissions received on foreign exchange transactions.

4.N50 from the N52 bank charge goes to the CBN.

5.Commercial Banks are fined by the CBN when there's a breach of any monetary policy or CBN regulations by these Banks.

Have a great day.

3 Likes

Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by LaIabobo: 10:49am On Dec 05, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Okay, they generate revenue, but how much. All the ones you mentioned cannot even pay 2 staff of the CBN. Universities, don't they collect tuition fees and others?

Universities depend on government money to survive. The tuition fees they collect is barely enough to cover administrative expenses.

CBN fine banks running into billions of naira.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by TGM2015: 10:56am On Dec 05, 2019
Jesuspikin8:
You don't need no fuuucking research to know that the major shareholder of a company - the FG - can dictate how its workers get paid. If they want to.
0monnak0da:

That quote is from the Quran or the Ten Commandments?

Please stop talking ignorantly

This is not an issue of textbooks but LAW
What is written in our law?

According to your logic these entities decide how much their expenses are and then remit what is left
That is not what the law says. Every situation is different and depends on LAW not armchair rationalization
Let us take the CBN for example clearly you are ignorant

The CBN has to have its budget passed by the National Assembly.

It does not remit NET INCOME as you ignorantly claim. How much did the CBN remit last year or the year before
The CBN does not work with the same model as the NNPC or FIRS

Let us also consider the FRSC which is a revenue generator. It does not work to the same model as the NNPC
NPA or the Customs or Immigration ALL of which generate money
They all have specific legislation.
This is true for NEPA and Nigeria Airways when they were alive
The NNPC is VERY different from the Immigration
So this idea of remitting what is left after expenses is Nonsense

The expenses of the Immigration department are captured in the Federal Budget. It has no authority to spend ANY of its revenue
This issue was debated exhaustively during Sanusi's tenure
The CBN, NNPC, JAMB ,Universities etc are all established by specific individual legislation and that is what governs their fiscal behaviour.
bizme:
This is absolutely untrue. Absolutely. What matters is these other institutions are Federal and their staff are Federal government's employees. And who says the Universities are not regulated by the National Assembly?

The fact that they are revenue generating is the very reason they should be brought onto IPPIS...

In any case IPPIS is just another fraudulent machinery to allow some people connected to the powers that be to have fingers inside workers' money.

Okay.
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by joyandfaith: 10:57am On Dec 05, 2019
TGM2015:

I am talking about presidential directive. are they not federal workers? are they not civil servants? is it not fg that determine their salaries through nswic? even head of ippis states that those revenue generating agencies may be added later. read the initial post again. those agencies are so corrupt that they want to sanitize their systems before enrolling in ippis.nobody has two heads. as long as you are civil servants, ippis is a must. I stand with ASUU on this.
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by olamikunle213(m): 11:06am On Dec 05, 2019
[quote author=Stehane post=84637227][/quote] You registered your account today to scam people just like the way you scammed me you better go get a life before you lose your life before the end of this year. Pls don't buy data from him.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by 0monnak0da: 11:07am On Dec 05, 2019
joyandfaith:

I am talking about presidential directive. are they not federal workers? are they not civil servants? is it not fg that determine their salaries through nswic? even head of ippis states that those revenue generating agencies may be added later. read the initial post again. those agencies are so corrupt that they want to sanitize their systems before enrolling in ippis.nobody has two heads. as long as you are civil servants, ippis is a must. I stand with ASUU on this.

They are NOT civil servants
That is an error
They are not subject to the Federal civil service commission rules.

The purpose and effect of the

Universities Autonomy act 2007 and related legislation was to ensure that they are NOT civil servants and not subject to the same rules as civil servants e.g civil servants can be sacked or disciplined for criticizing the government of the day or government policy. Lecturers by law cannot
READ the legislation
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by Yankee101: 11:10am On Dec 05, 2019
Cos they are powerful enough to fck any government up.

Police, DSS and The Army were taken off the poor masses poor pension schemes when they complained (cos they can overthrow the government) and were given very sweet deals
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by joyandfaith: 11:16am On Dec 05, 2019
0monnak0da:

They are NOT civil servants
That is an error
They are not subject to the Federal civil service commission rules.

The purpose and effect of the

Universities Autonomy act 2007 and related legislation was to ensure that they are NOT civil servants and not subject to the same rules as civil servants e.g civil servants can be sacked or disciplined for criticizing the government of the day or government policy. Lecturers by law cannot
READ the legislation

friend, get a copy of civil service hand book and stop arguing. it is only military and police that are excluded in definition of civil service.
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by TGM2015: 11:18am On Dec 05, 2019
joyandfaith:

I am talking about presidential directive. are they not federal workers? are they not civil servants? is it not fg that determine their salaries through nswic? even head of ippis states that those revenue generating agencies may be added later. read the initial post again. those agencies are so corrupt that they want to sanitize their systems before enrolling in ippis.nobody has two heads. as long as you are civil servants, ippis is a must . I stand with ASUU on this.
If IPPIS is a MUST, why shouldn't ASUU, an association of academic Scholars, lead by example?
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2019
LaIabobo:

Universities depend on government money to survive. The tuition fees they collect is barely enough to cover administrative expenses.

CBN fine banks running into billions of naira.

Cheers

Thanks for the explanation, but you see the bold, that's an avenue for embezzlement.

Let me give an instance with Delsu, where I did my M.Sc. By the official records, Delsu had a student population of 3,784 in 2018. I don't know what undergraduates pay, but for M.Sc. it's N126,000. MBA and other professional programmes pay more. Let's assume that on the average each student pays N100,000, that's N1.3b per year. We're talking of tuition only, remember these Universities charge other fees.

Now tell me, which administrative expenses will exceed N1b in a year? A lot of things are wrong with this country.
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by 0monnak0da: 11:19am On Dec 05, 2019
joyandfaith:

friend, get a copy of civil service hand book and stop arguing. it is only military and police that are excluded in definition of civil service.
Is the civil service handbook a law?
Please stop arguing like an illiterate
There is a law called the Universities Autonomy Act 2007.
It is not a secret

educate yourself
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by joyandfaith: 11:24am On Dec 05, 2019
0monnak0da:

Is the civil service handbook a law?
Please stop arguing like an illiterate
There is a law called the Universities Autonomy Act 2007.
It is not a secret

educate yourself

you are a master illiterate. university autonomy act does not say university staff are not civil servants. why is that ministry of education supervises universities through nuc? civil service handbook captures all categories of workers.
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by 0monnak0da: 11:32am On Dec 05, 2019
joyandfaith:

you are a master illiterate. university autonomy act does not say university staff are not civil servants. why is that ministry of education supervises universities through nuc? civil service handbook captures all categories of workers.
Government supervises Army does that make them civil servants
I guess you missed the class on basic logic and reasoning
Civil service handbook you claim.

Kindly tell us the date when this handbook was published

It does not capture all categories of workers only those that are civil servants. Another illiterate remark
There are many categories of workers funded by government that are not civil servants
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by DrDax: 11:43am On Dec 05, 2019
Mandeyy:
Aren't private universities self-sustaining? My point is that if they are, then the public universities can be too. And they're now autonomous because there's lack of adequate funding by the government.

Intellectuals are supposed to be REASONABLE people, but not in ASUU's case.

When the universities become autonomous then they can come back to the negotiation table.

Until then...... IPPIS it is.
Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by DrDax: 11:46am On Dec 05, 2019
Elijahrona:

Well, I don't see ASUU as a trouble seeking association. They must've seen something that we haven't seen. Something that's bothering them.

Naaa, they are rabble-rousers.

They have seen nothing.

They just want preferential treatment because they are "LEARNED".

Knowledge is not Wisdom...SMH

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 05, 2019
Flexherbal:

There must always be an excuse.

Do universities not generate funds?
All the school fees that students pay are what?

"IPPIS further stated that these agencies do not draw their funding from the consolidated revenue account but may be enrolled in the platform later."

You didn't read this part of his post.

You didn't consider this part of his post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! / Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize / Arm Investment Managers Pay Package.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.