Stats: 3,143,433 members, 7,781,266 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:29 AM

The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) (26044 Views)

40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After / Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project / See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Yustash001(m): 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ausrichie:

Unfortunately I live in akwa ibom. So it doesn't even affect me and who the fvck lives in gombe.
A typical Nigerian...

Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2019
I have been saying this for the past five years each state should generate it own energy according what they need
hakeem4:
Each state should be allowed to generate their own electricity instead of depending on the nation grid.

But 40 megawatts is quite small for a state. Canaan land in otta generate 15 megawatts, cry

Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Gliding(m): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2019
Dechymmytv:
humans like you and I, be respectful to others

Thank you!!

Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Arizonaguy(m): 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2019
MrGidifeed:
Below are photos of the 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower project in Gombe State that has been completed.

The project will soon be commissioned by President Muhammadu Buhari, the State Governor, H.E. Inuwa Yahya disclosed it after inspecting it.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/12/05/photos-of-the-40mw-dadin-kowa-hydropower-project-in-gombe/
Nice development but lots of these power projects ain't having effect on our power situation
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Charly68: 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
Thank God we are seeing what Buhari is doing with our national resources unlike before
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by EngrBriggs: 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ausrichie:

Unfortunately I live in akwa ibom. So it doesn't even affect me and who the fvck lives in gombe.
Are there even humans in akwa-ibom? I thought it is a forest filled with monkeys smiley

Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by ZooOga: 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2019
Nice one!

ICRC on-site assessment of Dadin Kowa Hydro Electric Station, Gombe State. 05/04/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdyitlSA2bM
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2019
EngrBriggs:
Are there even humans in akwa-ibom? I thought it is a forest filled with monkeys smiley
Of course it is
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Thatssobeyonce(f): 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ausrichie:

We do and pple like u will wish for naija to remain backwards forever.......
Atleast if ur aint happy,you can pretend to be happy
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by jobsmiths(m): 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ausrichie:

your future lives there
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by cuteboy2: 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
They will go and download pictures of switchgear, electrical panels and substation from internet to deceive people. Where are pictures of the dam and turbines which are the main infrastructure in a dam project.

They have perfected the art of lying and deceiving people. Believe them at your perile
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by cuteboy2: 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2019
ZooOga:
Nice one!

ICRC on-site assessment of Dadin Kowa Hydro Electric Station, Gombe State. 05/04/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdyitlSA2bM

Just listen to the lies. They claim this dam which can only do 40MW, will be the 2nd biggest dam in Nigeria. Bigger than Kainji, Jebba, Shiroro, Mambilla, Zungeru, etc. All of which can generate several 100s of MW. They don't even know how to lie.

If they are giving update why do they have to go and dig up a 1 year old YouTube video made by the former governor? They should should have made a new new video giving current status.

When they want to carry new provision in this year's budget on this dam they know is nowhere near completion, so they will keep chopping, they will begin to saturate the media with hype and falsehood. Same way they want to chop $1billon in new funding they are asking for Ajaokuta Steel complex
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hotzone:
Op, u only showed us electrical unit buy the Hydro( which includes river) was exclusively avoided in ur pic

Poor reporting from a poor Nigeria youth
U nor know the meaning of that? nah so dem commission PH|C Airport till now we nor use that terminal

Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Nwachineke1980: 7:58pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hydropower means water powered,OP WHERE IS THE DAM?419 !
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by ZooOga: 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
cuteboy2:

Just listen to the lies. They claim this dam which can only do 40MW, will be the 2nd biggest dam in Nigeria. Bigger than Kainji, Jebba, Shiroro, Mambilla, Zungeru, etc. All of which can generate several 100s of MW. They don't even know how to lie.

If they are giving update why do they have to go and dig up a 1 year old YouTube video made by the former governor? They should should have made a new new video giving current status.

When they want to carry new provision in this year's budget on this dam they know is nowhere near completion, so they will keep chopping, they will begin to saturate the media with hype and falsehood. Same way they want to chop $1billon in new funding they are asking for Ajaokuta Steel complex

doesn't matter how much power the decades old project will produce. be thankful for completion and steady progress. i posted the video in reference to another poster inquiring about the source of the water power.

>>Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by maxzzo1(m): 4:49pm
MrGidifeed:
Below are photos of the 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower project in Gombe State that has been completed.

The project will soon be commissioned by President Muhammadu Buhari, the State Governor, H.E. Inuwa Yahya disclosed it after inspecting it.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/12/05/photos-of-the-40mw-dadin-kowa-hydropower-project-in-gombe/
I no see any dam(hydropower) una don show
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by CrEaToRmalden(m): 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ausrichie:

As an Akwa Ibomite, I apologize to all non-Akwa Ibomites for this myopic comment.

Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Jdesilentkiller(m): 8:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ausrichie:

This is wrong bro... Gombe is bigger than your state and your people live their aswell
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2019
CrEaToRmalden:

As an Akwa Ibomite, I apologize to all non-Akwa Ibomites for this myopic comment.
A lot of "Akwa ibomites" are myopic so what's my business. Let's not get started on that case please. Since no one understands the question let me break it down I hardly know or have ever heard. Of someone who lives in Gombe it's a rhetorical question ahn. Do you even know what myopic means Jesus. I am not an area ibomite I am unfortunately a Nigerian (biggest mistake in my life).
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2019
Jdesilentkiller:

This is wrong bro... Gombe is bigger than your state and your people live their aswell
I've hardly heard of people who live there. This is a major problem. Big power projects should go to large cities lacking power eg Abuja and Lagos with its millions of people not small places where most don't use the power.
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by gare(f): 3:49am On Dec 06, 2019
hakeem4:
Each state should be allowed to generate their own electricity instead of depending on the nation grid.

But 40 megawatts is quite small for a state. Canaan land in otta generate 15 megawatts, cry

The state may not even need up to 40MW, because it is not highly industrialized

Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Peacecoy19: 7:03am On Dec 06, 2019
hakeem4:

What I think government at all levels should emphasize is bio,solar discrete power units for residential and office use.,so theload national grid will be manageable.

Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by hybraheeem002(m): 9:36am On Dec 06, 2019
Behold! It's 48+ hours now, we don't have light. Which way?
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:49am On Dec 06, 2019
Ausrichie:

I've hardly heard of people who live there. This is a major problem. Big power projects should go to large cities lacking power eg Abuja and Lagos with its millions of people not small places where most don't use the power.
If you are privileged to go there I promise you this your mindset will change for good... Trust me.
Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by oyatz(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2019
It actually affect you

If the power plant is not constructed ,the 40 MW of electricity it's producing will be taken from the national grid to serve the people of Gombe.

With this power plant, there will be no need to take 40 MW from the joint pool called national grid which mean the people of Gombe will leave the 40MW of electricity for the rest of us to add it to what's going to be shared in the national grid.

Ausrichie:

Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by oyatz(m): 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
It's the sizes and capacity of the turbines that will determine the the quantity of electricity produced and not necessarily the sizes of the dams.

Kainji and Shiroro were built about 40years ago (just compare the sizes and capacities of computers built in 1980-1985 to those of manufactured in 2019).

cuteboy2:

Re: The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2019
oyatz:
It actually affect you

If the power plant is not constructed ,the 40 MW of electricity it's producing will be taken from the national grid to serve the people of Gombe.

With this power plant, there will be no need to take 40 MW from the joint pool called national grid which mean the people of Gombe will leave the 40MW of electricity for the rest of us to add it to what's going to be shared in the national grid.

At last a human being is talking thank you for lifting me out of my ignorance. But honestly these power outages are calculated if you ask me I remember the time the people from the power distributors came to fix something that spoilt before they left they brought back the power then as they left it went back off(testing)grin Nigeria ehn.

I Never Called Tinubu a Super Politician – Obasanjo / Olubunmi Tunji-ojo Commissioned Arrival E" Of Abuja Airport & Remodeled Gates / Isa Yuguda Quits Northern Governors Forum (NGF)