Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million (2110 Views)

Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lagos Lawmakers Demand Resignation Of Aviation Minister / Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by Omenani(m): 3:40am On Nov 25, 2010
Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million

Lawmakers of the Lagos State House of Assembly have approved N348 million for the  purchase of cars for  themselves.

They also approved the sum of N735 million for the purchase of bullet proof vehicles  for the state’s crime fighting outfit, Rapid Response  Squad, RRS.

The lawmakers did not specify the particular type of cars they were buying for  themselves but P.M.NEWS confirmed that the police  would be getting 10 Toyota  armoured personnel carriers from the approved amount.

The request for the approval of the said sum came from the State Ministry of Budget  and Economic Planning. The special expenditure is for the procurement of vehicles for members and principal  officers of the House.

By Eromosele Ebhomele
Culled from PM News.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/11/23/lagos-lawmakers-vote-n348m-for-cars-each-member-gets-n8-7-million/
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by aljharem(m): 4:01am On Nov 25, 2010
pure waste of peoples money angry angry
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by youngmonie: 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2010
lol!!, lagos LAWMAKERS, LAWMAKERS, thats the legislative nt the executive!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by sayso: 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2010
Gbemi Saraki's bill for the police is making waves,but the problem is that they will use the avenue to steal enough for themselves.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by bisiaet: 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2010
Sorry is it 348 Million or 348 Billion? Because it is unusall to see things like this in Million rate is always Billions so i;m not sure its 348 Million yet, but if 348Million is the right figure then that means Nigeria is getting better because that amount only one person can say he used it to buy car and entourage to reach the assembly ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by ajibawealt(m): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2010
Procurement of cars, that's the only legislation known by our lawmakers in recent time. The other day I was in a local govt secretariat, I almost passed the place for a KIA car sales outlet cos the whole place was full of brand new kia cars and I was told that's how it is in all other local govt areas in Lagos State.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by Oxygenmayo(m): 4:54pm On Nov 26, 2010
they are wasting our monies, hence they would be enforcing tax payments, may God give us good and accountable leaders and not just leaders,
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by reindeer: 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2010
And some folks shouted to the high heavens that doctors can'nt and shouldnt be paid, I sorry for Nigeria cry
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by tainot2002(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2010
reindeer:

And some folks shouted to the high heavens that doctors can'nt and shouldnt be paid, I sorry for Nigeria cry

THANK GOD THEY ARE BACK TO WORK NOW
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by jmaine: 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2010
No wonder dem wan use taxation finish our lifes
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by illusion2: 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2010
Eko ti baje o . . . . . cheesy
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by leuelliot(m): 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2010
Finally they have approved money for my BRABUS EV12 eko 4 life
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by kabukabu50(m): 12:13am On Nov 27, 2010
This is madness, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

In a country like nigeria,state lawmakers can get Approxx $40,000 to purchase their own personal cars when in the US Federal congressmen don't get personal cars, some even use public transport.

another epic fail grin grin grin grin.

fix the broken roads first, knobheads in Lagos
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by dessicole: 1:55am On Nov 27, 2010
It is so atrocious,monstrous,abhorrent,grisly n in all it is evij to lagosian, al dt money for cars?
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by mensdept: 1:58am On Nov 27, 2010
Is this supposed to be a fair-well gift for themselves (as if they are not sure of winning in the upcoming election?)

Can Fashola veto this silly bill, or can it be amended to guarantee the cars are the property of the people of Lagos, to be used by members of the next assembly in 2011?

Other than that, it's simply a shame
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by roymary: 3:17am On Nov 27, 2010
We er doomed. This government sees us all as dunces! We have bad road and awkward electricity supply not to talk of high unemployment rate all over the state and some plunderers wants to spend this kinda money on automobiles? OMG!!!
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by luvola(m): 9:08am On Nov 27, 2010
Fuk d gov,fuk all d lag assembly , they vote for millions of naira yet they remain adamant to negotiate with striking lasu lecturer.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by chelseabmw(m): 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2010
We are finished
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by yjay(f): 12:38am On Nov 29, 2010
last time i checked doctors were still on strike, cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by murphyfada(m): 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2010
was at the assembly some two days ago and saw some members driving in state of the art vehicles like TOYATA LANDCUISER,, SEQUILA, INFINITY Q56, CHASIS HONCA CARS ETC. What on earth do they need N348million for again? Well maybe if this shit will continue like this i will just try and lobby my way to the policy and also get my own share of this loot. Afterall it is our money. God dey
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Vote N348m For Cars, Each Member Gets N8.7 Million by jamesugo: 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2010
Corruption

(1) (Reply)

Eye Witness Account-failed Jos Bomb Blasts As Genocide Of Christians Continues / Bukola Saraki Tip For Senate President / Nigeria: Experts Back Senate On Budget Implementation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.