Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,448 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:31 PM

Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! (5473 Views)

Bride Breastfeeding Her Child On Wedding Day (pics) / Breastfeeding Graduating Mum (Photo) / Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by OmoAlata(f): 6:34am On Nov 25, 2010
I gave him the last breastmilk on his 2nd birthday. After suckling, I said, "happy birthday son, say goodbye to the bosom". He's been screaming and crying for it but I was knackered ojare grin

Now hubby is not happy because he has to get up with him in the night grin

My boobs are now my own. Sexy bras here I come grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by OmoAlata(f): 6:36am On Nov 25, 2010
And bosoms are not my words (who uses bosoms nowadays ) I said b o o b i e s grin
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by iyatrustee(f): 8:36am On Nov 25, 2010
2 whole years? Hell No! i am planning of stopping @ 1yr 3mths. but Seriously, why do Baby Boys like to suck like they do?

2 Likes

Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by softgirl1: 8:53am On Nov 25, 2010
@post u tried o hum i stoped my daughter when she was 15month old abeg o i no want flat breast o i still want to wear sexy tops at home for the permant owner to admire jo grin
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by ifyalways(f): 9:47am On Nov 25, 2010
Congrats to you . . .for breastfeeding for 2 years.
Hbd to ur son.
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by OmoAlata(f): 11:03am On Nov 25, 2010
Thanks guys. I must say my b o o b s are killing me now though cry
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by oyinmama(f): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2010
Omo Alata:

Thanks guys.  I must say my b o o b s are killing me now though  cry

Pele, it will get better, make sure you use an analgesic for the pain and resist the temptation to feed him, in a bid to get relief and give in to his crying.  In a matter of 2-3 days, the pain and congestion will subside, as will his crying for it.  Cheers!!
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by OmoAlata(f): 11:50am On Nov 25, 2010
Thanks
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by ZitIfy: 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2010
Am learning shocked
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by plappville(f): 11:13pm On Nov 25, 2010
Omo Alata:

I gave him the last breastmilk on his 2nd birthday.  After suckling, I said, "happy birthday son, say goodbye to the bosom".  He's been screaming and crying for it but I was knackered ojare  grin

Now hubby is not happy because he has to get up with him in the night  grin

My bosoms are now my own.  Sexy bras here I come  grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked OMG, how comes? 2fat yrs to bosom feed! I never Heard that. I breastfed My 1st son for 6 months, i was almost runing crazy, thé 2rd for 3months, u cant cope breastfeeding and Work together. Its very stressful.
U must be a strong Woman, hé never bits u for one day? Waooh !!! I dare not do that BRAVO to u!!

1 Like

Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by silvasurfa(m): 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2010
my dear congrats oh!!!
been trying to wean my 18 month old babygal for sometime now. na real war!!
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by plappville(f): 12:02am On Nov 26, 2010
silvasurfa:

my dear congrats oh!!!
been trying to wean my 18 month old babygal for sometime now. na real war!!

Dont u think it's difficult because u breadfed her for too long? I v never had problems stopping My kids. It all went well only thé pains during this period. If i may asked, do u breastfeed only or mixed with othe solid food? Till this age?
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by OmoAlata(f): 12:21am On Nov 26, 2010
I exclusively breastfed him for the first 6 months i.e. no other feeds (it was very tiring ) then he started solids which I still mixed with breastfeeding.  Whenever he felt poorly, he would completely go off his solids and would only want my milk 

He also suckles constantly throughout the night so I stopped putting him in his bed as I was always back and forth.  He slept next to me, wanted a suckle, I'd whip it out, stick it in his mouth and we'd both fall asleep  grin

Now, that I have stopped, he sleeps with his dad and when he cries in the night because he wants the b o o b i e s, hubby has to take him downstairs and feed him porridge or something light before they come back to bed.  I'm praying he stops the night feeding altogether now so we can have some quality sleep  smiley

And yes, plappville, when he was teething, he has given me a couple of bites  shocked
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by gestapo(f): 1:46am On Nov 26, 2010
Age 2, no way shocked .As soon as they get to that age whereby they come and lift your top/blouse to get to the bosom, na shikena be that cool Is there any health benefit for a child suckling after the age of one or do they just do this for comfort?
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by OmoAlata(f): 7:53am On Nov 26, 2010
gestapo:

Age 2, no way shocked .As soon as they get to that age whereby they come and lift your top/blouse to get to the bosom, na shikena be that cool Is there any health benefit for a child suckling after the age of one or do they just do this for comfort?

And that's exactly what he was doing. He'd lift my top up and scream very loudly, "MILK!!". It was so embarrasing I'm pretty sure he was sometimes using me as a dummy grin

I'm relieved it's all over now

1 Like

Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by plappville(f): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2010
Omo Alata:

I exclusively breastfed him for the first 6 months i.e. no other feeds (it was very tiring ) then he started solids which I still mixed with breastfeeding.  Whenever he felt poorly, he would completely go off his solids and would only want my milk 

He also suckles constantly throughout the night so I stopped putting him in his bed as I was always back and forth.  He slept next to me, wanted a suckle, I'd whip it out, stick it in his mouth and we'd both fall asleep  grin

Now, that I have stopped, he sleeps with his dad and when he cries in the night because he wants the b o o b i e s, hubby has to take him downstairs and feed him porridge or something light before they come back to bed.  I'm praying he stops the night feeding altogether now so we can have some quality sleep  smiley

And yes, plappville, when he was teething, he has given me a couple of bites  shocked

I admire your courage gal, so your baby still wake u up at night? but why should she sleep with u or your hubby?
even if u breastfeed, u don't ve to allow her sleep with u in your bedroom, from day 1 to 2 months is good to be very careful, i mean, if he cries alot u can put him in his bed right in your room, but dont alow this to last too long.

Your baby is used to sleeping with u guys because u caused it.
I don't like the ideal of babies sleeping in same room with parents, they should learn how to be alone right from birth.
This is just my opinion.

And the ideal of feeding her at night is very frustrating, u know what, when a baby cries at night doesn't really mean he/she wants to eat, sometimes they need thier mum tender touches.

Go to him and sing some soft song for him befor u know, your baby will fall asleep again.
But if this didn't work, take him and move around with him why singing when he sleeps make sure u drop him in his bedroom, even if he is crying let him cry for about 10 mins max.

I can tell u that after some time he become used to his bed, he will come to understand.
My dear u will never have time for urself with all these stress. try and do something to help your baby know she has to sleep alone in her bed.[/b] this method has worked for me.
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2010
It's so hard for me to believe this shocked 2 years

My son is just 6 months old and doesnt want breastmilk anymore
We started with formula when he was born because I was sickly and he kind of got used to it.
He was taking formula has a main meal and breast milk just occassionally but now he spits it out when I give him and has stopped taking it totally.
He has started cereals and solid.

Now I feel like a bad mother sad
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by plappville(f): 6:51pm On Nov 26, 2010
aysometin:

It's so hard for me to believe this shocked 2 years

My son is just 6 months old and doesnt want breastmilk anymore
We started with formula when he was born because I was sickly and he kind of got used to it.
He was taking formula has a main meal and bosom milk just occassionally but now he spits it out when I give him and has stopped taking it totally.
He has started cereals and solid.

U are not a bad mother, u could ve been one if u had gave him ur milk while u where sick.
I consider a bad mother one that that refused to alow her baby to test her natural milk provided for thé baby all because of (I DONT WANT MY BREAST TO FLAT). So My dear u ve done well dont regret. Un as long as ur baby has testée formula, it's sûre hé Will nô longer have interest.
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 26, 2010
plappville:

U are not a bad mother, u could ve been one if u had gave him your milk while u where sick.
I consider a bad mother one that that refused to alow her baby to test her natural milk provided for thé baby all because of (I DONT WANT MY bosom TO FLAT). So My dear u ve done well dont regret. Un as long as your baby has testée formula, it's sûre hé Will nô longer have interest.

Thanks for the encouragement, it sure made me feel better.

I was wondering If I express the milk and feed him in his bottle maybe he would be interested. Or should I just forget about breastmilk totally. He hasn't had it for a while now, its still flowing though but not as much as before.
Each time I try and feed him directly, he just spits it out and even bites me sometimes.
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by OmoAlata(f): 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2010
aysometin:

I agree with Plappville - at least you gave it a go. Some women don't attempt bfing at all. Don't worry. So far baby is happy, mum is happy grin And he is thriving wink I didn't exclusively breastfeed the first 6 months because of some campaign. It was due to laziness as I can't be ar5ed getting out of bed
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by benincitys(f): 12:54am On Nov 27, 2010
plappville are you still here well done , i have  8months old boy who wake up 2 to 3times to breastfed  he is driving me crazy i sleep 3to 4 hour every night December 31 will be the last breastfed ,
omo alata for 2years wow nice one .
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by Busybody2(f): 1:00am On Nov 27, 2010
aysometin:

Thanks for the encouragement, it sure made me feel better.

I was wondering If I express the milk and feed him in his bottle maybe he would be interested. Or should I just forget about breastmilk totally. He hasn't had it for a while now, its still flowing though but not as much as before.
Each time I try and feed him directly, he just spits it out and even bites me sometimes.

Some babies stop breastfeeding aged 2 weeks, it has nothing to do with the Mum so don't beat yourself up over it. At six months old, if you still wanna try giving him, use a baby cup instead of bottles, as this is the age to move them unto cups, there are even cups from aged 4 months. But then if he has gone off breastmilk, you can't force it, hence reason he is biting you grin

Omo Alata:

Thanks guys. I must say my b o o b s are killing me now though cry

Whaaaaat! Why! Does it hurt when people stop breastfeeding, can't even remember sha embarassed Er. . .thinking out loudly, if Daddy takes over from where baby stopped, would it still hurt embarassed tongue
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 27, 2010
2yrs? shocked woman you are strong.
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by OmoAlata(f): 8:09am On Nov 27, 2010
Busy_body:

Whaaaaat! Why! Does it hurt when people stop breastfeeding, can't even remember sha embarassed Er. . .thinking out loudly, if Daddy takes over from where baby stopped, would it still hurt embarassed tongue

If daddy takes over, the milk would never stop flowing shocked shocked shocked The pain's subsided now though (the next day was the worst ever as it was very hard and engorged and lumpy with milk shocked )

I think the boy is beginning to forget about it now though he still tries it on. He'll come to me with his sweet little smile and touch my chest but I start tickling him which makes him run away from me grin
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2010
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by plappville(f): 4:17pm On Nov 27, 2010
benincitys:

plappville are you still here well done , i have  8months old boy who wake up 2 to 3times to breastfed  he is driving me crazy i sleep 3to 4 hour every night December 31 will be the last breastfed ,
omo alata for 2years wow nice one .

How ré u doing BENINCITY, longest time. So u ve another baby waoo, congrat gal, i havent visited NL for thé past 1yrs or more.
Anyway, happy to see u again.
As for your baby, if hé/she Wakes up 2-3 Times at night, that means hé doesn't sleep up to 16 hours par day.
I think hé is not satisfy with thé B/milk only. Try to introduce him formula before u pût him to bed.
But in most case, kids that wake up at night doesn't really means they want food, mothers shouldn't feel too tired to used other method to pût their babies back to bed, I kNOw SAY e NO EaSy shall, but na just for short Time.
Hopefully u are planning to stop him soon, i hope u gain back your all night sleep as well lols. Courage gal.
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by sunshine70: 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hi there...I breast feed my girl until she was 3.Its the best you can do.Our milk is the best grin
And im a white woman !

1 Like

Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by MrsChima1(f): 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
Omo Alata: I gave him the last breastmilk on his 2nd birthday. After suckling, I said, "happy birthday son, say goodbye to the bosom". He's been screaming and crying for it but I was knackered ojare grin

Congratulations.
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by Mowire: 9:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
28 posts and the hubbies have stayed away, even to clap for fellow hubby in who'd endured 24 months ( = 52weeks= 730days) of no TIT, just for the love of his dear son. Not to mention commending a wife for risking her firm bossom for the love of "his" son.
Omo Alata! You try joor! But you been miss daddy too o, abi?
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by agiboma(f): 12:24am On Sep 13, 2012
@op you tried ooo, i breastfed my son for 18 months, he self weaned @ 14 months and then i pumped the breast milk for him, so he can get the nutrition. Congrats on such a great milestone.
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by joeyarticles: 11:20am On Jun 03, 2016
Me like you......
Re: Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy! by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 04, 2016
OmoAlata:
I gave him the last breastmilk on his 2nd birthday. After suckling, I said, "happy birthday son, say goodbye to the bosom". He's been screaming and crying for it but I was knackered ojare grin

I feel your happiness sis cheesy but really it isn't easy to deny children of breastss.

(1) (Reply)

As A Husband What Would You Do If A Man Buys Your Wife A Phone Worth 100k / For All Your Kitchen Gadgets And More, Get In Here. / Please I Need Advise!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.