Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

International Passport Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / International Passport Advice (528 Views)

International Passport Advice Needed. / Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls / Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Passport Advice by Joseph08(m): 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
I have been thinking recently on the best option to take concerning my international passport.
I travelled to UK on a student Visa for Msc and was given 2yrs to stay in UK.
My international passport was supposed to expire 2016 but I travelled 2013 when the Msc program started.
But after the program I was supposed to come back to Nigeria in 2015, I overstayed and came back in 2018. Man need to hustle you know Lol.
I could not come back with the expired international passport to Nigeria, I had to renew my passport in UK before coming back since it had already expired. So I was stamped-in on arrival to Nigeria.
Now I'm planning to travel to USA or Canada, please I need an advice on the best option to take concerning my international passport; should I declare the renewed passport missing and get another passport or can I still use the passport to apply for a Visa? Considering the fact that I overstayed in UK.
Or I should declare the one I travelled with containing my Visa to UK missing and apply for a Visa with the renewed passport alone containing the stamped-in? Then tell them at the Embassy that I lost my passport in the UK so I had to renew my passport.
Please I need advice from experienced people.. Thanks.

Please lalasticlala help your brother and push this to front page for wider audience and advice. Thanks
Re: International Passport Advice by Rexnegro(m): 11:41pm On Dec 05, 2019
you don't have business with the expired passport again especially with the fact you overstayed your UK visa while there. my advice is use the new passport.

1 Like

Re: International Passport Advice by frozen70(f): 2:48am On Dec 06, 2019
Joseph08:
I have been thinking recently on the best option to take concerning my international passport.
I travelled to UK on a student Visa for Msc and was given 2yrs to stay in UK.
My international passport was supposed to expire 2016 but I travelled 2013 when the Msc program was starting.
But after the program I was supposed to come back to Nigeria 2015, I overstayed and came back 2018. Man need to hustle you know Lol.
I could not come back with the expired international passport to Nigeria, I had to renew my passport in UK before coming back since it had already expired. So I was stamped-in on arrival to Nigeria.
Now I'm planning to travel to USA or Canada, please I need an advice on the best option to take concerning my international passport; should I declare the renewed passport missing and get another passport or can I still use the passport to apply for a Visa? Considering the fact that I overstayed in UK.
Or I should declare the one I travelled with containing my Visa to UK missing and apply for a Visa with the renewed passport alone containing the stamped-in? Then tell them at the Embassy that I lost my passport in the UK so I had to renew my passport.
Please I need advice from experienced people.. Thanks.

You are applying to another embassy not UK

Even if you tell them that your passport is lost, they will ask you your departure date as at when you travelled and your arrival date with the airline you travelled with

All they need is to email the airline to give them crew manifestation for that day of your trip

Just apply, if your luck shines you will be given a visa

Next time don't over stay just go and come and reapply of which you will be given

If you over stay, there is the possibility that you will be given a 10yrs ban

1 Like

Re: International Passport Advice by Joseph08(m): 5:37am On Dec 06, 2019
Thanks for the advice

frozen70:

You are applying to another embassy not UK

Even if you tell them that your passport is lost, they will ask you your departure date as at when you travelled and your arrival date with the airline you travelled with

All they need is to email the airline to give them crew manifestation for that day of your trip

Just apply, if your luck shines you will be given a visa

Next time don't over stay just go and come and reapply of which you will be given

If you over stay, there is the possibility that you will be given a 10yrs ban
Re: International Passport Advice by Joseph08(m): 5:39am On Dec 06, 2019
Thanks for the advice!
you don't have business with the expired passport again especially with the fact you overstayed your UK visa while there. my advice is use the new passport.

(1) (Reply)

Cima Qualification Used To Boost Crs Score / Cost Of Studying In Canada. / Where the Rich Lives in Enugu, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.