Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor (19388 Views)

EFCC Arraigns 5 Sokoto Officials For ₦554 Million Pension Fraud / Lagos Leads Highly Indebted States With More Than N1 Trillion Debts / Ajimobi Locks Adebayo Alao-Akala N3 Billion Property (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by fergie1989(f): 4:59am On Dec 06, 2019
Former governor of Oyo state, Adebayo Alao-Akala, has described as shocking and unrealistic rumour making the rounds in some quarters that past governors in Nigeria receive jumbo pension running into millions of naira.

The former governor also said that the claim by some elements that former Zamfara State governor, Abdulaziz Yari, wrote his successor, Bello Matawalle, to demand payment of outstanding N10 million monthly pension may be a figment of some people’s imagination after all.

The social media was saturated with the claim that the former Zamfara State governor had expressed his misgivings over the non-payment of his entitlement in a letter dated October 17, 2019, saying that he had only been paid twice since he left the office.

However, the former governor of Oyo state, while admitting that the amount payable as pension varies from state to state, said, no state in Nigeria can pay N10 million as pension to a former governor or as salary to a sitting governor.

Citing the case of Oyo, he said: “I was a former deputy governor and a state governor. I want to tell you that I don’t know where those people got that information from and I saw the letter but I don’t know if he was the one that wrote the letter.

“I doubt whether he has denied it too but I don’t think it is correct; it is not possible. Not even Lagos state can pay that amount to any former governor. Let me tell you what I know: Every four years, they supposed to change our car.”

He described as unfounded the claim in some quarters that every three years governors get six new cars. He added that it is untrue that deputy governors get up to five new cars every three years as being rumoured.

“My reply to this is that authoritatively as a former governor, I am not on this package. People must have been looking at me and other ex-governors and say that we are stinkingly rich. I collect less than a million naira a month as pension. I think it is about N700,000, I won’t lie to you. In that amount, allowances for the cook, the gardener and the security man is embedded.

“In fact, on assumption of office Makinde said that he thought his money would be about N5million. He donated his monthly salary to the pensioners… Of course, we are not in government but whatever is his salary is the same as our salary.

“The question is that is the present governor of Zamfara taking N10m? It is a constitutional matter; you cannot take money outside that law. It is a lie. No house is built for any governor in Oyo state.

“Some states build houses for past governors but we don’t have that law in Oyo state,” he said.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/my-pension-less-than-n1m-as-former-governor-%E2%80%95-alao-akala/amp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by fergie1989(f): 5:00am On Dec 06, 2019
Read More>>>>HERE
Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by joshcaleb200: 5:01am On Dec 06, 2019
Hmmm sad
Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by Sunnymatey(m): 5:43am On Dec 06, 2019
Everything about Yari and 10million monthly pension is true cus he hasnt come to deny it.

He must be power drunk but he forgot he's no longer in charge.

The incumbent is a genious for outsmarting him.

Jst 4 or 8years in office and you re entitle to jumbo benefits compare with 35years service and be rewarded with poverty, neglet.

We dont have a constitution

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by CecyAdrian(f): 6:00am On Dec 06, 2019
Interesting times in Nigeria cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by Lamasta(m): 6:00am On Dec 06, 2019
You people must vomit all our yams you have all been eaten since time immemorial....No wonder

there is widespread poverty in the land,

no employment..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by opportunes: 6:00am On Dec 06, 2019
hmmm
Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by gambia(m): 6:01am On Dec 06, 2019
Yeye country, what about civil servants?? Lawlessness every where

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 06, 2019
There are people who have spent years without seeing N1 as pension. Stop this nonsense

See my siggy

8 Likes

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:01am On Dec 06, 2019
My reply to this is that authoritatively as a former governor, I am not on this package. People must have been looking at me and other ex-governors and say that we are stinkingly rich. I collect less than a million naira a month as pension. I think it is about N700,000, I won’t lie to you. In that amount, allowances for the cook, the gardener and the security man is embedded.
It is a crime against humanity for the word 'stikingly rich' to be in the same sentence along with the word 'politician'.

But, this is Nigeria.
Her politicians have raped and looted her from birth.

We will get out of this mess gradually.....We believe.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by Haykay77: 6:04am On Dec 06, 2019
Jumbo pay or not, you shall all die, and face the creator after death.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by RichDad1(m): 6:04am On Dec 06, 2019
Ogbeni you deserve nothing. You and your PDP cohorts are thieves during your days.

5 Likes

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:04am On Dec 06, 2019
Nigeria is finish

1 Like

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:05am On Dec 06, 2019
Also Akala. Why are you telling me What do you want me to do with this news?

Bleached fowl

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by seunlayi(m): 6:05am On Dec 06, 2019
One of the best former governors from oyo state. Over 8yrs,your manpower still dey stand

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by anonimi: 6:05am On Dec 06, 2019
gambia:
Yeye country, what about civil servants?? Lawlessness every where

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4284749_fbimg1474050978374_jpeg39ff755f5e96523b18d624dde1a019a0

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by Onlinealaba(m): 6:06am On Dec 06, 2019
All this are just to play to the gallery these guys have many avenue to siphon funds even the 10million is small compared to other channels they see money too. Well what do I know am not in government let me face my business grin
We sell Smart TVs and air conditioners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by ADMAF(m): 6:06am On Dec 06, 2019
You can never be sure of these things. The Nigerian elite always find ways to milk the treasury (IMO). If not through direct means such as salaries and allowances, they are ever ready to become contractors who specialize in getting inflated or bogus contracts. There is also the lucrative role of becoming godfathers.

1 Like

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by sirpompey(m): 6:06am On Dec 06, 2019
I guess some leaders have fear of God and some don't have, i wont be surprised if Tinubu is collecting double or triple of that amount! Behaving like government money is their personal money

3 Likes

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by Flexherbal(m): 6:07am On Dec 06, 2019
Political offices in Nigeria are too juicy.

This is a case of, some animals are more equal than others.
Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by anonimi: 6:08am On Dec 06, 2019
RichDad1:
Ogbeni you deserve nothing. You and your PDP cohorts are thieves during your days.

Unlike the angels in the Alliance of Past/Present Crooks, APC

4 Likes

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by anonimi: 6:10am On Dec 06, 2019
ADMAF:
You can never be sure of these things. The Nigerian elite always find ways to milk the treasury (IMO). If not through direct means such as salaries and allowances, they are ever ready to become contractors who specialize in getting inflated or bogus contracts. There is also the lucrative role of becoming godfathers.

If you sef get 200 million mumus as fellow citizens, won't you chance them

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2900978_nigeria_jpeg4ee84b7726a847792475badcbc938fb7

3 Likes

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by RichDad1(m): 6:11am On Dec 06, 2019
anonimi:

Unlike the angels in the Alliance of Past/Present Crooks, APC

Akala is just a serial politician. Stop tagging him with APC. He’s a worthless paper weight politician in Oyo state.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by Enemyofpeace: 6:11am On Dec 06, 2019
Ole. Onijekuje

2 Likes

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by Flexherbal(m): 6:15am On Dec 06, 2019
Sunnymatey:
Everything about Yari and 10million monthly pension is true cus he hasnt come to deny it.

He must be power drunk but he forgot he's no longer in charge.

The incumbent must be a genious for outsmarting him.

Jst 4 or 8years in office and you re entitle to jumbo benefits compare with 35years service and be rewarded with poverty, neglet.

We dont have a constitution

Word !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by stinggy(m): 6:15am On Dec 06, 2019
The nerve of these politicians...
Just serve for 4/8 years and you'd take jumbo pensions, not minding how they embezzled money while in office, yet the Civil servants who put in 35 years of meritorious service will be left to die in penury.

Nothing just seems right in Nigeria.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by SlimBrawnie(f): 6:16am On Dec 06, 2019
You even see collect
Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by gulfer: 6:20am On Dec 06, 2019
Rubbish, you were an ex-police officer; did you give up the police pension angry angry angry All ex-political office holder pensions are reprehensibly wrong and should be stopped forthwith embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Alao-Akala: I Collect Less Than N1 Million Pension As Former Governor by Criticaltemp: 6:21am On Dec 06, 2019
Oga how much did u steal as a sitting governor? What have after stepping down has a governor can uplift 20millions of people from poverty.. Whats the need for the pension then. Stop telling us rubbish.. For ur mind now we should pity u

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano 2023: House Of Reps Member, Kabiru Alhassan Dumps APC / Sit-at-home: Ekpa Writes EU, US, Demands Visa Ban On Gov Mbah / Buhari Arrives Abuja After Anti-corruption Summit In London(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.