Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him (43421 Views)

Mamu’s Arrest: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Accuses DSS Of Terrorism / Sowore Accuses APC, PDP Of Spending Beyond N1bn Threshold At Primaries- Channels / Oshiomhole Accuses DSS Of Interfering In APC Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by bosunjohns(m): 11:29am On Dec 06, 2019
Convener of the #revolutionnow movement, Mr. Omoyele Sowore, has alleged that the Department of State Service (DSS) has threatened to kill him after his release on Thursday night.

Mr. Sowore and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare, were released when Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal High Court in Abuja, gave an order at the scheduled commencement of the defendants’ trial on charges of treasonable felony.

The drama in court today started when operatives of DSS tried to rearrest Mr. Sowore and Mr. Bakare in front of Justice Ojukwu.

Mr. Sowore, in an interview with Channels TV correspondent, said that the DSS had allegedly told him that he will not walk out of their detention alive.

“It might be my only word on the record before they kill me; this is an attempt to assassinate me in court. They came with guns and they tried to shoot and they dragged me down in front of a judge after I have been granted bail.

“I said it that these are a bunch of lawless people and they were reluctant to respect the order of the court. Now they have shown it to the whole world.

“They tried to break me in prison, sent delegations to me, offering all kinds of things and I refused and they promised that I will not walk out of their detention alive and that is what they have come to implement today.”

The #RevolutionNow convener urged Nigerians not to be afraid and some people have to make the sacrifice for the Country to work.

“What is important for Nigerians to know is that I am not going to give up until every Nigerian benefit from a country that is theirs and I have made it very clear.

“Nobody in Nigeria should be afraid, it is our country and some people have to make the sacrifice for this country to be a country of rule, law and of dignity; and this also involves even judges, if suspects who have been given bail are not safe in court, the judges themselves are not safe.”

He explained that the sudden exit of justice Ojukwu is due to the manner at which the DSS operatives had caused a scene inside the courtroom.

“That is why the judge had to retire hurriedly into her chambers.

“We urge you to hang around so that you can witness this historic day in Nigeria.”

Sowore, a presidential candidate in the February 2019 elections, was arrested on August 3, just days to a planned protest against “bad governance” in the country.

Both he and his co-defendant are facing seven counts bordering on conspiracy to commit treasonable felony in breach of Section 516 of the Criminal Code Act, money laundering and cybercrimes, amongst others.

They pleaded not guilty to the charge and were granted bail on October 4, in the sum of N100m and N50m respectively with two sureties in like sum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDCdz82N25M

They, however, were not released until yesterday.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/12/06/video-sowore-accuses-dss-of-trying-to-assassinate-him/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by willjoe: 11:31am On Dec 06, 2019
This democratic tyranny and apparent disregard for law and courts by Buhari's regime is unmatched.

The Bar and Bench must rise up to you this. I wonder again how the CJN who was appointed through the backdoor will confront his master Buhari on such desecration of law.

Nobody deserves to live the Nigerian life.

180 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by ursullalinda(f): 11:31am On Dec 06, 2019
I just dey pity this man

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by bosunjohns(m): 11:34am On Dec 06, 2019
This is madness!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Paperwhite(m): 11:35am On Dec 06, 2019
Of course it's an open secret.Tyrannts are simply intolerant of criticism.This is an opportunity for the CJN, NJC, League of Benchers, NBA and all Nigerians of conscience to rise up against this continued bastardization of legal & democratic process in this nation.

The dumb CJN/AGF should have long invited the DSS boss or Mr.President that he is answerable to explain all these lawlessness or give reason why they should not be committed to prison for violating the Nigerian constitution.

Nay! They're rather obessed with a useless fake news/hate speech bill legislation.What a country.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Taba21: 11:41am On Dec 06, 2019
ursullalinda:
I just dey pity this man

Which man

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by globalresource: 11:43am On Dec 06, 2019
Na wa ooo. Animals in charge of our institutions

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by teadrake(m): 11:45am On Dec 06, 2019
We need to traject a new course in this country. A day will come when the masses will no longer sit by and watch. We're tired!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:46am On Dec 06, 2019
Do we have CJN in this country

A wake up call to all Nigerians!!! Protect yourselves!!!

DSS that can re-arrest someone Infront of a judge will not hesitate to kill, cover-up or lie!!!

This is the hand of Buhari, DSS will not dare without him giving a thumb up!!!

Amnesty international here's the evidence you have been waiting for!!!

159 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Mcuzy(m): 11:48am On Dec 06, 2019
pls I want to sell Nigeria who wants to buy , I promise I'll sell it very cheap for you , just bring 3000 and its yours

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by bosunjohns(m): 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2019
Mcuzy:
pls I want to sell Nigeria who wants to buy , I promise I'll sell it very cheap for you , just bring 3000 and its yours

lalasticlala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Honor10: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
No one can kill u. U will survive this and u shall one day rule this nation. I as a person recognize your passion and selflessness since Abiola days, it is a pity the people u are fighting for, doesn't care, u can as well stay in the USA and enjoy your life but u chose to make this sacrifice for this hopeless country.

May the force be with u. Sowore is a hero

Modified: And tears is dropping from my eyes thinking about this. It is a pity

132 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Qween098: 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
i use to dislike Sowore’s method of activism. But to be sincere I now respect this only voice of true freedom.Count in my vote next time

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by lonelydora: 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
I got nothing to say

1 Like

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by GrandMufti: 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
Heeeeeyaaahhh.

DSS make una no assassinate person pikin o.

Ehn ehn!!!

papagiddy:
Na to do christmas in side cell remain NOW!!! When he was Abusing Jonathan up and down in 2015 , he don forget? When he was shouting change change in 2015 he don forget? Serves him right!!!!
Na wa o!
maximunimpact:
Assassination will be in order, if only Hitler was shot dead the day he tried his failed revolution now movement, the world would't have seen WWII and the holocaust
Haba shocked shocked
Although we remembered the day he said he was going to kill himself,
But, dis wan take style harsh o.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by ValCon888: 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
And I thought this country was a Zoo.
But Zoos are organised.
This country is a jungle.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Monaco2(m): 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
angry

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by EricBloodAxe: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
Sowore your agony and trials are here to stay until this same government you helped install on Nigerians ends it's tenure. There's no escaping this grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by WowSweetGuy(m): 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
sowore sowore sowore

nigeria is a yeye country abeg if dem wan kill am make dem kill am

keep voting idiots into power
Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
Even absolute Monarchs know not to exercise power absolutely else they face the wrath of their subjects. It's coming for you and your loved ones. Keep keeping silent and not fight okay?

And big shame on osibanjo. I respected and saw him as the only sane thing in this government but the hypocrite has kept mum despite the continuous desecration of the courts by his principal. Courts that made him who he is o. Omo ale jatijati.

True omoluabis do not remain silent in the face of tyranny. Fela, Gani fawehinmi, Wole soyinka, Awolowo, MKO abiola, femi falana. Those are true yorubas. Osibanjo despite being married to a family of awolowo is an absolute disgrace.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
Where exactly is Yele at the moment?!

We need to know please.

We keep reading different stories and seeing different pictures at different locations all day.

All we want is to see him before Mama Yele by Xmas.....that is if he is not calling for war and revolution anymore after the Ministers were named and his name was missing, the same person that was among the first set of people that congratulated 'Bubu' after the election.

Petitediva10:
maybe there's so much more to this sowore case than we average nigerians truly know...
Hmmmmm, this is deep!

Perhaps...........

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by zico10(m): 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
The change they all asked for in 2015, now they have it.

4 Likes

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by globalresource: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
mockery of a nation

4 Likes

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Edu3Again: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
Buhari & his Fulani cabal has pushed Nigeria over the edge.

Let's all go our separate ways & not deceive ourselves, this entity called Nigeria has expired.

Buhari's knows it, so is borrowing on Nigeria like someone with a stolen credit card.

Let the Fulanis get there Boko Haram Republic & make a Cow citizen.
Then elect a cow as President.

Nigeria has expired.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Loinern(m): 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
Nothing is ever black and white in nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Abfinest007(m): 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
all who contributed to the victory of buhari has been dealt with

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by Iwanttoto: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
God bless Nairaland grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by MadCow1: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
Baba Booo is mean sha
Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by brainworkng: 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
What a country!!! Government of impunity. I hope those that voted this Govt are still alive watching all the thrillers. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Accuses DSS Of Trying To Assassinate Him by holyDaniel: 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
This is a disgrace to Nigeria as a Nation. Safety is no longer guarantee in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Labaran Maku: We Thought The Obidient Movement Was A Joke / Peter Obi Meets Adeboye, Oyedepo At PFN Summit In Bayelsa (Photos) / Ministerial List: APC Governors Submit Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.