Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them (1117 Views)

#RevolutionNow: FG Discontinues Treasonable Felony Trial Against Sowore, Bakare / Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours / Falana To DSS: Release Sowore, Bakare And Stop Exposing Nigeria To Ridicule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by Sanchez01: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2019
Scores of heavily-armed operatives of the Department of State Services are currently chasing the vehicle of Senior Advocate of Nigeria and lawyer to activists, Omoyele Sowore and Olawale Bakare, after he drove them out of the premises of the Federal High Court in Abuja.

The move follows the disruption of court proceedings by DSS operatives during the commencement of trial in a case brought against the activists by the Nigerian Government on Friday morning at the Federal High Court.

The secret police had made fruitless attempts to rearrest Sowore and Bakare inside the courtroom having only released them on bail on Thursday night.

The incident led to rancour and commotion inside and around the court premises with the armed operatives preventing Sowore and team from leaving the place.

However, after several minutes of tension, Falana drove the two men in his car out of the court premises with DSS operatives in several vehicles giving them a hot chase behind.

Earlier, Falana later met with Justice Ojukwu and DSS’ lawyer, Hassan Liman, in a bid to resolve the matter.

The judge adjourned the case to 11, 12 and 13 of February 2020 for further hearing.

Sowore sustained bruises all over his body in the course of being rough-handled by DSS operatives inside the court.

More to come…
http://saharareporters.com/2019/12/06/breaking-heavily-armed-dss-operatives-chase-falana-he-drives-sowore-bakare-out-court

1 Like

Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by Sanchez01: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2019
One would have thought a desperate Buhari who shed crocodile tears as far back as 2015 over the condition and state of the Nation had repented but it turns out all is a wash.

This flagrant disregard for the rule of law takes us back to 1985 almost immediately. Not only is he bereft of ideas and how to rule the nation, his only interest is to protect his protection despite his inability to lead.

We have never had it bad as a nation. Buhari has no business with administration!

3 Likes

Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by ursullalinda(f): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2019
shocked
Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by SimDan95(m): 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2019
As bad as this seems I dunno why I find it funny, my imaginary mind can't stop painting falana as Vin Diesel shifting gears and drifting along the streets of Abuja while sowore and bakare rides shotguns. LOL

fast and furious Nigerian made, Pls u guys should tag or call that dead meat seller and his fellow minions, he seems to be avoiding threads that reveal the true nature of his daddy. LMFAO

When we allow tyranny to rule these is what we get in return we pleaded with u all to use ur fvcking brains but u decided to think with ur shithole, well congrats next level just took off

5 Likes

Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by labisibrass(m): 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2019
There was a country
Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by crestedaguiyi: 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2019
escape ke
Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by Josegun(m): 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
This is ridiculous oo
Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by Sanchez01: 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2019
For the record, Sowore wasn't abducted. His lawyer, Falana, fled the court premises with Sowore and Bakare in a car while DSS operatives chased after them.

Update

The DSS caught up with them and re-arrested Sowore and Bakare. Fresh charges have been filed against them.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/12/06/breaking-dss-rearrests-detains-sowore-bakare-after-filing-fresh-charges

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2019
I hope they make it!!!

They can shoot and call it accident undecided
Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by Larryfest(m): 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2019
The domino effects will most likely take place sooner than later in this country, just one little incident will make the country go up in flames and all this leaders won't have any other choice but to run away..
Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2019
I'm laughing with tears in my eyes. I don't know whether to cry or laugh. I think they should find a way to the American Embassy. The DSS won't do shit there.
Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
I throwway Salute to you Mr. Sowore, Barrister Falana the Freedom fighters and Justice Ojukwu. Please do not give up. Nigeria needs you so much.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by Donaldoni: 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2019
Midtown madness
Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by IGBOSON1: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
The great escape! shocked I can almost picture Falana driving out of the court premises with Sowore and Bakare at breakneck speed....tyres screeching and onlookers diving out of the way, and with red-eyed DSS oficials firing off a volley of shots in the direction of the escaping vehicle!

Nigeria, the theatre of the absurd and downright ridiculous! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by JobsandSchools2(m): 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
Once upon a country
Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
This one na war flim oo grin
Re: Falana Escapes With Sowore, Bakare In A Car As DSS Chase After Them by Mynd44: 12:17pm On Dec 06, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Sowore’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested Again. Nigeria Is A Joke / PMB BACKS RESOLUTIONS ON AMOTEKUN / Boko Haram Fresh Attack:70 Killed’ As Boko Haram Sets Borno Village On Fire(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.