Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,718 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him (78298 Views)

Delta Police Arrest Man Who Shot 11-year-boy Dead While Testing His Gun (Pics) / Man Slaps A Policeman Who Slapped Him In Warri. Policeman Then Fires Gun (Video) / Policeman Shoots Boy Dead In Umuahia For Asking Who Flashed The Light (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by NaijaOlosho(f): 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
You mean a western Police officer deployed to the east killed an innocent boy

Hang that useless officer now undecided
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
The people will have to take laws into their hands now. When the law doesn't protect you anymore, it is basic human instinct to protect yourself

1 Like

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by OgaBuhari: 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
angelEmade:
front page pls. we need justice
so now that it has made front page that means Justice has finally been served abi?
smh!
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by mctfopt: 1:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
Did the youth try to kill the policeman with a gun? If no, then the police is as guilty as hell and should be sentenced to death too. That's the only time we will say we have justice.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 07, 2019
this govt has failed
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by MedicH: 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2019
God forbid that i die like this. i de like make trouble oo but sometimes it's best to let go. As i see the policeman with gun me go give up go home or try another bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by lmm4real: 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2019
oshozondii:
Tension has now enveloped the people of Njaba local government area, following the gruesome murder of an 18-year-old boy, Awuzie Duru by a trigger happy police officer.

The incident, which happened inside the premises of a new generation bank branch at Umuaka, saw the policeman shooting the boy for retaliating a slap from the policeman, whose identity could not be ascertained.

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Sunday, December 1, when Awuzie (aka Aboy), who hailed from Isiozi Aka in the town, had gone to the bank to withdraw money from the bank’s ATM gallery.

One of the villagers, who witnessed the killing, told The Nation that when Awuzie joined the ATM line, other persons joined the queue behind him.

“They were on the queue when his (Awuzie’s) phone rang, he stepped out of the line to answer the call. When he came back the other person behind him took his position on the queue and tried to stop him from joining the queue again.

“This action was happening in the presence of this killer policeman and caused hot exchange of words between Awuzie and the guy that took his position on the queue while the policeman was there watching.

“The exchange of words between the two degenerated to fighting and in the process, the policeman who has been watching the scene came and started scolding Awuzie who was trying to maintain his position after answering his call.

“The boy told him, ‘you were here watching while we were exchanging words. Why scolding me now it has led to fighting?’ The policeman slapped him and the boy retaliated. In the process, the policeman cocked his gun and shot the boy, who died instantly”

The death of the boy, it was gathered, has stirred up tension in the town as the youths in the area are said to be planning an attack on the police station.

According to village sources, the youths had mobilised to attack the police station when some elders appealed to them to allow the police hierarchy handle the matter.

An elder in the area said: “I can tell you that the boys were not happy with the matter is that policeman killed the boy over an altercation. So, they had mobilised to burn down the station to show their anger and loss.

“But, some of us had to intervene because this kind of thing has happened here before about 15 years ago when some policemen caused the death of some people in Umuaka here and our youths burned down the police station. So we don’t want this kind of thing to happen anymore.

“Some of them are still planning to launch an attack but we’re still appealing to them”.

The state police commissioner, Rabiu Ladodo confirmed the incident, saying the command was doing everything possible to contain any further crisis that might arise from the incident.

Ladodo, who disclosed that the killer policeman had been arrested, said appropriate punishment would be meted out to him if he was found guilty.

The CP said “Yes, I’m aware that the youths mobilised to the police station, but I told my men that we must handle the matter community policing and professionally too. That’s why when the villagers came, we allowed them to express their grievance and we addressed the matter. We were very professional in handling the matter”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/police-officer-shoots-18-year-old-to-death-for-retaliating-slap/

Smh undecided
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by hammerU: 1:26pm On Dec 07, 2019
BUHARI BASTARD, COME AND REMOVE YOUR MILITARY ROAD BLOCKADE FROM THE EAST.

SE IS NOT SAMBISA FOREST.

OUR PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF MILITARY INTIMIDATION, BLACKMAIL, EXTORTION AND AGGRESSION.

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by francis5051: 1:26pm On Dec 07, 2019
angelEmade:
front page pls. we need justice
from SARS to DSS to the NPF
every uniform wants to kill Nigerians...
and we Yorubas still think KANU is wrong??
olopa oloriburuku
wish I can transfer you some money now
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
Ogun kill those elders telling the youths to stop the attack, Ogun kill them all.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
TechCapon:
The boy is a stupid boy. That's how he slaps his elders otherwise why would he see a policeman old enough to be his father, in uniform and carrying AK 47 and he still went ahead to slap him. He's a foool.

By the way, why are there so many sowore thread and no Anthony Joshua thread today. Give us Anthony Joshua gist abeg.
na WA so because he slapped the foolish policeman in retaliation,the poor boy deserved death.this is babaric

1 Like

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
When the devil sees Nigerians on their way to Hell,he will lock the Gate and runaway.
It is an error to be a Nigerian and still find yourself in Hell.

1 Like

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by bmdmixer: 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
AntiWailer:
U slap person wey carry gun ?

That is stupid.

This is the need for us to be patient at all times.

All the idiots who hailed him for retaliating have gone back home while his family mourn him.

As for the Policeman, God's judgement await him.
WHY SHOULD GOD JUDGE ? JUNGLE JUDGING SEEM PERFECT HERE SO WHEN ANOTHER POLICE SLAP PERSON AND THE PERSON SLAP BACK THE OFFICER GO CHILL KNOWING FULLY WELL SAY NAH BURNING BE THE NEXT THING IF HE MISBEHAVING

2 Likes

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Patojargz: 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
Let's be granted license 2 own a gun... E get why!
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by permit(m): 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
TechCapon:
The boy is a stupid boy. That's how he slaps his elders otherwise why would he see a policeman old enough to be his father, in uniform and carrying AK 47 and he still went ahead to slap him. He's a foool.

By the way, why are there so many sowore thread and no Anthony Joshua thread today. Give us Anthony Joshua gist abeg.
it's a matter of time in your life argue with your rotten life embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Rickiedee(m): 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
The best way to live in this country is to assume that everybody is mad. Don't try to attack or retaliate against anybody with a fire arm. A bullet always has the right of way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
Na the other boy go japagrin pass

RIP to the dead.
Death by firing to the killer

1 Like

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Olaikpu1: 1:34pm On Dec 07, 2019
[s]
RamseyBolton:
Coward. You no fit fight teenager hand to hand. Bastard
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by galadima77(m): 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2019
Bravery at its peak.

I salute the boy even in death for that uncommon bravery!

RIP my hero

1 Like

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by JayPeeOham: 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2019
MrBachelor:
sad

Another day, the same story.

Another life cut short, the same story.

His only offence was being born into a country where every system and every institution is dysfunctional.
Where no one is held accountable for their actions. Where even the government flouts the law.

What depresses me more is that his death like others killed before him will be in vain. It won't spark a paradigm shift in the system. It won't inspire a national discourse.

Nobody will ask why is this happening? How can we stop this from happening again?

We will just continue living like everything is normal.

There was a country.

To even add salt to injury, they so called police are even hiding the killer police's identity, why?....from being victimized I guess...mtccchheeeeeeeeewwwwww!!!! cry

There was a country!!!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by permit(m): 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2019
Anybody that blame's this lifeless young man here may untimely death visit him or her anyday he/her talks about right undecided
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by MPESA(m): 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
TechCapon:

You are the bigger f0-l here , you son of a bloody c*wa.d, RIP to him .
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by JayPeeOham: 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
MrBachelor:
sad

Another day, the same story.

Another life cut short, the same story.

His only offence was being born into a country where every system and every institution is dysfunctional.
Where no one is held accountable for their actions. Where even the government flouts the law.

What depresses me more is that his death like others killed before him will be in vain. It won't spark a paradigm shift in the system. It won't inspire a national discourse.

Nobody will ask why is this happening? How can we stop this from happening again?

We will just continue living like everything is normal.

There was a country.

To even add salt to injury, the so called police are even hiding the killer police's identity, why?....from being victimized I guess...mtccchheeeeeeeeewwwwww!!!! cry

There was a country!!!!! cry
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Cutehector(m): 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
A police man shot someone in the presence of people and you come out to say punishment will be meted out to the police man if found guilty.

Please I recommend the youths to do what they know how to do best. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by RiyadhGoddess(f): 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2019
Aisha Buhari is a mother, she will not talk now ooo but if it is hate speech and other irrelevant matters, she will be the first to talk from wherever she is.
God is watching all of you that turned Nigeria to what it is today. I hope you all reap what you've sown bountifully.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
You mean a western Police officer deployed to the east killed an innocent boy

Hang that useless officer now undecided

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Topmaike007(m): 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2019
This world ehhn, just tired of this country
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by MPESA(m): 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
permit:
it's a matter of time in your life argue with your rotten life embarassed embarassed

God bless you , no mind the f0-l
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Suremikky(m): 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
Even God knows that if I’m walking on the road and I see a police man lying dead on the street, I will first look for a very sharp object den move closer to the idiot, pierce his tommy wide open, spite on him and continue walking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 Homosexuals Paraded Unclad Publicly In Imo After They Were Caught Having Sex / Two Prostitutes Fight Publicly In Enugu Over Male Customer. Photos/Video / Buccaneers, Vikings, Cult Groups In Ikorodu Gather For Peace Meeting (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.