Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,841 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised (34151 Views)

How Buhari’s Coronavirus Campaign Compares With Uk’s / Fani-Kayode Compares Obasanjo And Buhari (Pictures) / Nnamdi kanu loves dogs more than Igbos. Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Ebullience(m): 10:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, says dogs act more civilised than the operatives of the Department of State Services that stormed the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Friday, to re-arrest the Publisher of Sahara Reporters, Omoyele Sowore.

Soyinka said this in a statement titled, ‘Lessons from the African Wild Dog (Lycaeon Pictus)’ on Friday.

He said, “A few years ago, I watched the video of a pack of the famed African wild dogs hunt, eventually bring down, and proceed to devour a quarry.

“It was an impala, antelope family. The pack isolated the most vulnerable looking member of the herd – it was pregnant – pursued it, until it fled to a waterhole which, for such animals, is the nearest thing to a sanctuary.

“A few minutes ago, almost as it was happening, I watched the video of a pack of the DSS bring down, and fight over their unarmed, totally defenceless quarry within the sanctuary of a court of law.

“I found little or no difference between the two scenarios, except that the former, the wild dogs, exhibited more civilised table manners than the DSS in court manners.”

The playwright said recalled that only on Thursday in his commentary on the ongoing Sowore saga, he pointed out the near perfect similarity between plain crude thuggery and the current rage of court disobedience.

“Little did I suspect that the state children of disobedience would aspire to the level of the African wild dogs on a pack hunt”, he said.
Soyinka apologised for underestimating the shameful depths the DSS could go.

He reminded the Muhammadu Buhari-led government that obedience to court orders was the cornerstone of democracy.

The Nobel Laureate said, “May I remind this government that disobedience calls to disobedience, and that disobedience of the orders of the constitutional repository of the moral authority of arbitration – the judiciary – can only lead eventually to a people’s disregard of the authority of other arms of civil society, a state of desperation that is known, recognised and accepted as – civil disobedience.

“It is so obvious – state disobedience leads eventually to civil disobedience, piecemeal or through a collective withdrawal of recognition of other structures of authority. That way leads to chaos but – who set it in motion? As is often the case, the state, unquestionably. Such a state bears full responsibility for the ensuing social condition known as anomie.”

In what seemed to be a final warning to the President, the octogenarian asked Buhari to control his dogs.

“It has become imperative and urgent to send this message to President-General Buhari: Rein in your wild dogs of disobedience. And for a start, get a trainer to teach them some basic court manners!” Soyinka said.

https://punchng.com/dogs-act-more-civilised-than-dss-soyinka/

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by NwaAmaikpe: 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
shocked

Where was Wole Soyinka when Nnamdi Kanu and Sambo Dasuki's bail were ignored, where was he when Nnamdi Kanu's family house was being desecrated by the military?

Why is Soyinka even complaining against a government whose emergence he actively worked for?
The chicken has come home to roost and they've begun whipping up empathy.

I refuse to buy in and it is simple.
I won't weep for you when your house is on fire if you didn't weep for me when mine was.

No way,

Sowore should pay the price for inciting a revolution against the government of the day out of animosity for not making the ministerial list.
The APC made it clear that they were not going to run a Government of National Unity, so what is Sowere's grouse?

Is it also a coincidence that his call for revolution came after the ministerial list was released?
How come he didn't call for a revolution when the Python danced unchecked in the hinterlands of the SouthEast or speak up when innocent people were thrown into captivity without trial just for having a Biafran insignia on them?

We have better things like Allen Onyema and Air Peace to worry about and I find it rather paradoxical that our dear Professor has not made a comment on the ordeals of Allen Onyema.

Soyinka dines with the people he criticizes and laughs to their faces, accepts their awards and shows up for their invitations.
Visits their official residences and takes happy photographs with them. Worse even, he allows his children to serve under them.

Aside not being as literarily sound, this two-faced nature is one of the reasons he will never be half the man Chinua Achebe was.

Chinua Achebe made his stand on issues unequivocally clear without any hues of grey, he turned down National awards based on personal principles, he never fraternized with people he believed made the country worse off and most importantly, he spoke out irrespective of whose ox it was that was being gored.

Wole Soyinka may have the unmerited award, but Achebe is the laurel itself.

How can the same people who said they couldn't trust Nigeria in the hands of Atiku "the looter" and "Made in China" Obi now complain that Nigeria is finished under their Mr. Intergrity and his Professor of Law vice?

No way.
Lalasti.clala please tell them that we must get to our Next Level, nobody is jumping off this ship.

387 Likes 64 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Nwodosis(m): 10:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
We are in a militarized democracy!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by sLentlover7778(m): 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2019
Although Dog and DSS are both three letter words..but i think it's an insult to compare dog to DSS.. for crying out loud.. a dog was honored by US president ( Donald Trump )

256 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Cossybob(m): 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
cool

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by emeijeh(m): 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2019
D ogs S S

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by teadrake(m): 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2019
If DG of DSS should understand Prof Analogy, he ought to resign.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by agwom(m): 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
Bad

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by id911(m): 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2019
DSS is an illegal organisation, it should be disbanded. For the first time in history anywhere in the world, state agents entered a court room in the presence of a judge to arrest someone standing trial in the same court. God, what a sacrilege!

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by yesloaded: 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2019

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 06, 2019
For those still supporting Buhari, you didn't loose your brain oh!!... You never had any...

174 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by OruExpress: 11:02pm On Dec 06, 2019
Soyinka supported this regime.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Sylraph1: 11:33pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hmmmmmmm.........

The chicken. has finally come to its roost..

An ant infested log of wood is probably inviting lizards for a banquet....

They evil men do will come back and hunt them..

He that has ear.....let Him hear.......

I REST MY CASE.......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by yanabasee(m): 11:46pm On Dec 06, 2019
I hope, Sowore will endure this suffering till Buhari finish his tenure.... Afterall, He campaigned and voted for Buhari.....

I truly wish him well...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Blue3k(m): 2:03am On Dec 07, 2019
Everyone is just blowing hot air if it doesn't lead to anything. Buhari not going to be impeached over this. The DSS probably wont be punished. If both facts are true he should continue since there's no consequences to these actions besides a few tweets and grumblings.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by stonemasonn: 2:04am On Dec 07, 2019
sLentlover7778:
Dog and DSS are both three letter words..but i think it's an insult to compare dog to DSS.. for crying out loud.. a dog was honored by US president ( Donald Trump )

the honored dog was a trained dog, Buhari's dogs need to be trained, read the article again.

14 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where was Wole Soyinka when Nnamdi Kanu's bail was ignored, where was he when Nnamdi Kanu's family house was being desecrated by the military?

Why is Soyinka even complaining against a government whose emergence he actively worked for?

I won't weep for you when your house is on fire if you didn't weep for me when mine was.

No way,

Sowore should pay the price for inciting a revolution against the government of the day out of animosity for not making the ministerial list.
The APC made it clear that they were not going to run a Government of National Unity, so what is Sowere's grouse?

Is it also a coincidence that his call for revolution came after the ministerial list was released?

We have better things like Allen Onyema and Air Peace to worry about and I find it rather paradoxical that our dear Professor has not made a comment on the ordeals of Allen Onyema.

Soyinka dines with the people he criticizes and laughs to their faces, accepts their awards and shows up for their invitations.
Visits their official residences and takes happy photographs with them. Worse even, he allows his children to serve under them.

Aside not being as literally sound, this two-faced nature is one of the reasons he will never be half the man Chinua Achebe was.

Chinua Achebe made his stand on issues unequivocally clear without any hues of grey, he turned down National awards based on personal principles, he never fraternized with people he believed made the country worse off and most importantly, he spoke out irrespective of whose ox it was that was being gored.

How can the same people who said they couldn't trust Nigeria in the hands of Atiku "the looter" and "Made in China" Obi now complain that Nigeria is finished under their Mr. Intergrity and his Professor of Law vice?

No way.
We must get to our Next Level, nobody is jumping off this ship.

No one is forcing you to buy anything boy. Y'all still treating this shit like it's manutd vs Chelsea but when tyranny finally comes to your front door (Yes YOURS!), don't be surprised if there is no one around to help with your story.

I'm sure your pettiness will always stand by you no matter the harshness of dss cells though, so at least you get to chop belleful on that.

What a dunce

94 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by darthv: 5:51am On Dec 07, 2019
This bascart 2faced professor is here again

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by roymary: 5:56am On Dec 07, 2019
Those ones na zombies at the moment . Shameless people that forgets they will be out of job sooner or later.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by roymary: 6:00am On Dec 07, 2019
darthv:
This bascart 2faced professor is here again

What makes him two-faced? Buhari conned everybody that supported him.

He lied his way into power. He’s a great pretender and Now he can’t hide his hideous character any longer

undecided

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where was Wole Soyinka when Nnamdi Kanu's bail was ignored, where was he when Nnamdi Kanu's family house was being desecrated by the military?

No way,

Aside not being as literally sound, this two-faced nature is one of the reasons he will never be half the man Chinua Achebe was.

No way.
We must get to our Next Level, nobody is jumping off this ship.
You've made some serious points I must say.

31 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by alezzy13: 6:02am On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

[s]Where was Wole Soyinka when Nnamdi Kanu's bail was ignored, where was he when Nnamdi Kanu's family house was being desecrated by the military?

No way,

No way.
We must get to our Next Level, nobody is jumping off this ship.[/s]

Careful with your petty spitefulness.

The world does not revolve around you lot.

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by airex(m): 7:17am On Dec 07, 2019
I'm happy this is happening to sowore. Infact Buhari has not done anything yet to him. That's d price he has to pay for campaigning for a cow. Infact let him not leave the detention facility except he's been crippled, deafened or blinded.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by SultanOfPuna: 12:58pm On Dec 07, 2019
Give That Man One Bottle Of ColdStone..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Bluuer33: 12:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
Yes
Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by obembet(f): 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No way,

No way.
Lalasti.clala please tell them that we must get to our Next Level, nobody is jumping off this ship.

U can't go far in life as long as u keep this hatred in you. And only fool see others as excuse for thier failure. RIP haters

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by Annie001: 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2019
This is called finishing in mortal combat
But I hope urgent steps would be taken
This is so sad

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by mzBEAM(f): 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2019
HATE SPEECH

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by ndaman25: 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
just say animals in general

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Compares DSS With Dog, Says Dogs More Civilised by anytexy: 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
And I keep asking, where is Jagaban in all these? They shouldn't give Sowore MKO treatment because of someone,'s interest in 2023 .

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dada Fasoto Arifanlajogun: DSS Releases Man Alleged To Be Igboho's Witch Doctor / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. / Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.