Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

5 Common Signs Of Infertility In Women - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Common Signs Of Infertility In Women (351 Views)

5 Common Reasons People Die In Their Sleep / 6 Common Signs That You Are Not Eating Enough Protein (Photos) / 5 Common HIV Symptoms In Men You Should Not Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Common Signs Of Infertility In Women by NairalandDoctor(m): 10:30am On Dec 07, 2019
Common Signs of Infertility in Women

1. Irregular periods

The average woman’s cycle is 28 days long. But anything within a few days of that can be considered normal, as long as those cycles are consistent. For example, a woman who has a 33-day cycle one month, a 31-day cycle the next, and a 35-day cycle after that, is probably having “normal” periods.

But a woman whose cycles vary so greatly that she can’t even begin to estimate when her period might arrive is experiencing irregular periods. This can be related to hormone issues, or to polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Both of these can contribute to infertility.

2. Painful or heavy periods

Most women experience cramps with their periods. But painful periods that interfere with your daily life may be a symptom of endometriosis.

3. No periods

It’s not uncommon for women to have an off month here and there. Factors like stress or heavy workouts can cause your period to temporarily disappear. But if you haven’t had a period in months, it’s time to get your fertility checked.

4. Symptoms of hormone fluctuations

Signs of hormone fluctuations in women could indicate potential issues with fertility. Talk to your doctor if you experience the following:

skin issues
reduced sex drive
facial hair growth
thinning hair
weight gain

5. Pain during sex

Some women have experienced painful sex their entire lives, so they’ve convinced themselves it’s normal. But it’s not. It could be related to hormone issues, to endometriosis, or to other underlying conditions that could also be contributing to infertility.

airalandDoctor cool
Re: 5 Common Signs Of Infertility In Women by healthserve(m): 10:33am On Dec 07, 2019
Nice one doc. Very good job you're doing. Can you handle a health information request Sir?
Re: 5 Common Signs Of Infertility In Women by NairalandDoctor(m): 10:39am On Dec 07, 2019
healthserve:
Nice one doc. Very good job you're doing. Can you handle a health information request Sir?
sure it will be a pleasure cool
Re: 5 Common Signs Of Infertility In Women by healthserve(m): 10:42am On Dec 07, 2019
NairalandDoctor:
sure it will be a pleasure cool

We have a lady whose son has speech problems. Ive been trying to put a tag on the condition but I'm avoiding putting the name " Austism " on the child's condition without professional counsel by an expert medical expert.

Can you wade in on this providing professional counsel or can you write a blog on children with speech or writing problems and another for kids with outright autism since we have quite a number thesedays Sir

Your favorable response to this request would be most appreciated Sir
Re: 5 Common Signs Of Infertility In Women by NairalandDoctor(m): 10:50am On Dec 07, 2019
healthserve:

We have a lady whose son has speech problems. Ive been trying to put a tag on the condition but I'm avoiding putting the name " Austism " on the child's condition without professional counsel by an expert medical expert.

Can you wade in on this providing professional counsel or can you write a blog on children with speech or writing problems and another for kids with outright autism since we have quite a number thesedays Sir

Your favorable response to this request would be most appreciated Sir

Which of the following diagnosis did you carry out before concluding it as Austism.

Developmental Screening

Or

Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation

And what are the results after the diagnosis?
Re: 5 Common Signs Of Infertility In Women by healthserve(m): 10:52am On Dec 07, 2019
NairalandDoctor:

Which of the following diagnosis did you carry out before concluding it as Austism.

Developmental Screening

Or

Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation

And what are the results after the diagnosis?

Oh I haven't diagnosed the condition to place a tag on it. I can't do this unless a standard test is carried out and professional advice issued

All she explained pointed to incoherent speech problems and slight signs of autism but is didn't qualify to medically give the condition a name as that would be improper

I recommended she took him for these tests but never had contact with her. Can I refer her to you directly Sir?
Re: 5 Common Signs Of Infertility In Women by NairalandDoctor(m): 10:59am On Dec 07, 2019
healthserve:

Oh I haven't diagnosed the condition to place a tag on it. I can't do this unless a standard test is carried out and professional advice issued

All she explained pointed to incoherent speech problems and slight signs of autism but is didn't qualify to medically give the condition a name as that would be improper

I recommended she took him for these tests but never had contact with her. Can I refer her to you directly Sir?
ok

(1) (Reply)

, / Free Medical Outreach For All In Ezeleke Community,abia State (photos) / Look Good And Make Money At The Same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.