Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation (50196 Views)

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here / Igbanke From Edo State To Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by bashr4: 3:11am On Jun 19, 2011
umu edo kedu ka unu me ? aname ekene unu oo
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by rabzy: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2011
Please make una dey translate some of these dialects, as we all know say we den plenty die for we Edo state. How far la, una do well.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by snowdrops(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2011
i double hail you too o. i volunteer to be translator for bini wink
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Atreides(f): 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2011
Wa ko yor
Edo gha to kpere!
Wa Domo!

P.s-How come you can't say Domo to a woman?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2011
Oba gha to kpere.
Wa koyo o.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by ceasyc(f): 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2011
osalobua oro oh, aighisosa (aisosa). eloghosa nahu

Osakpologbe, Osamagbe. Osano ye agbon ye ehinmwin uwese kakabo. proudly bini

off topic - BENIN CITY - EDSG seals up 1st Bank, for evading tax

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739000.0.html
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by amor4ce(m): 10:43am On Sep 24, 2011
So what's the meaning of Idu?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by snowdrops(m): 11:01am On Sep 24, 2011
Where did you get that from?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by amor4ce(m): 11:12am On Sep 24, 2011
Idu is the ancient name of EDO and the name of the progenitor of the Edo people.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by snowdrops(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2011
If you know the meaning why did you ask in the first place? Just curious.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by amor4ce(m): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2011
I want to know the meaning so as to understand the history and migration better as I suspect that Idu is Esau of the Edomites and Idumea.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by ceasyc(f): 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2011
Atreides:

Wa ko yor
Edo gha to kpere!
Wa Domo!

P.s-How come you can't say Domo to a woman?

of course u can but it aint cmon. pple say domo to queens (oloi) in d palace (oba's palace and duke's palace),

dey say domo to princesses and other female royalties & in rare cases dey say domo to much older women
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by fyneboi(m): 3:30am On Oct 04, 2011
The Chiefs that server during the reign of Eweka II

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by snowdrops(m): 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2011
@ fyneboi

How did you get that picture? It is superb must say. Impressed how fit they all appear. Must have been taken by a white man and posted in a British tabloid i guess.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by MissyB3(f): 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
Iselogbe!!!
Oghogho, Alaghodaro, Ofunmwengbe, Iyobosa, Eseosa, Imiefan, Utomwen, Efe, Igho, Ma gha mie vbe etiosa vbe uki e December na. Wa gumwen gbe "Ise" yor

Iseeeeee! cheesy
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by bokohalal(m): 10:55am On Dec 12, 2011
iselogbe!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by WAVixen: 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2011
Oba gha tokpe ree, ise. Bini for Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by yamakuza: 12:48am On Jan 13, 2012
Hello,
if you live in Benin City in particular or Edo State in general and can spare 3 hours for Charity work, please let us know here:

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-802184.448.html

Thanks
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by r231(m): 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2012
yamakuza:

Hello,
if you live in Edo State and can spare 3 hours for Charity work, please let us know here:

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-802184.448.html

Thanks

Guys we really need your help. . . . . . . .
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by rabzy: 8:20am On Jan 17, 2012
Whats happening, i stay in lagos. Maybe i can persuade a my sister to join.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by StarFlux: 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2012
(edited) what would the name "Imariabe" mean?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by bokohalal(m): 4:37am On Feb 07, 2012
Do you mean 'imariabe'?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by StarFlux: 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2012
bokohalal:

Do you mean 'imariabe'?
Yes, you are right!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by bokohalal(m): 4:41am On Feb 08, 2012
Imariabe-I am not guilty. Simply a denial of an accusation.Parents name their children thus especially after having passed through a trying period in which they were vindicated. It is not so different from 'Ehimwenma'(my soul or guardian spirit is good).
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by StarFlux: 1:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by seyijames3(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2012
any ESTAKO in the house

1 Like

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Ralphjoe(m): 2:39pm On Feb 22, 2012
Am half bini & half ososo, that makes me a full edo boy. Kudos to u all 4 dis masterpiece.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by BigosLady(f): 12:09am On Feb 24, 2012
Hello everybody and especially seyijames ;-)

I hope you don't mind me disturbing your thread as I'm not from Edo, wel not even Nigerian ;-)
I'd like to ask Etsako people to do me a favour. Please, can someone tell me how to say "I love you" in your language. I've tried google but no results ;-) Found some nice website with vocabulry but no love words there.
And I'm sorry for my english as well, I'm still learning.
Have a good night, thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by StarFlux: 1:13am On Feb 24, 2012
Ralphjoe:

Am half bini & half ososo, that makes me a full edo boy. Kudos to u all 4 dis masterpiece.
I have family in Ososo! Though I have never been there.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Omokose: 8:52am On Jun 21, 2012
Please, can you explain to me why the Estako people forbids to marry from Uneme a tribe in Afemai in Edo North?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Sattors(m): 7:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
Echidime:
I still don't understand what makes EDO the Heart Beat of the Nation.Or is it those old buildings with brown zink? grin grin grin grin grin grin just a question.?
What makes EDO the heart beat of the nation is because you must pass through EDO state when u travel frm west to east or north to south
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by AmaLan(f): 2:19am On Jul 23, 2012
bokohalal: Do you mean 'imariabe'?
Do you realise that you and StarFlux spelled it the same way....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases / Man Puts Python In His Mouth In Osun State (Photos) / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.