Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office (57614 Views)

Ayo Ojediran, OAU Lecturer, Slumps, Dies In His Office / OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class / Victoria Oluwaremilekun Adeniyi Is Dead! OAU Lecturer Slumps & Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by Mires: 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
hisgrace090:
When govt pegs retirement age at 60/65 ASUU protested saying it must be 70/75 yrs threatening to shut down the nation institutions of higher learning if anything is reduced.

Rip to the dead!

Don't always rush to the public space to disgrace or better still, show your ignorance. The agreement signed by ASUU is that once an academic attains the rank of a professor, he/she should retire at 70. And those who couldn't attain the rank should retire at 65.. Common wisdom supports the argument of ASUU given the number of years academics spend to obtain degrees.

4 Likes

Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by hisgrace090: 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2019
Mires:

Don't always rush to the public space to disgrace or better still, show your ignorance. The agreement signed by ASUU is that once an academic attains the rank of a professor, he/she should retire at 70. And those who couldn't attain the rank should retire at 65.. Common wisdom supports the argument of ASUU given the number of years academics spend to obtain degrees.

Greed always comes with bitter price!
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by larrykay0(f): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2019
He was a good man...a father to many PHE students...he was an icon....still in shock

1 Like

Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by mechanics(m): 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
hisgrace090:
When govt pegs retirement age at 60/65 ASUU protested saying it must be 70/75 yrs threatening to shut down the nation institutions of higher learning if anything is reduced.

Rip to the dead!

hmmmmm, but you know some of them are still agile at that age, his own case is just unfortunate.
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by Mires: 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
hisgrace090:

Greed always comes with bitter price!

My friend, you don't have argument. When you study to PhD, I will know.
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by hisgrace090: 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
mechanics:
hmmmmm, but you know some of them are still agile at that age, his own case is just unfortunate.

And we still need some strenght to venture into age of weakness
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by hisgrace090: 3:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
Mires:

My friend, you don't have argument. When you study to PhD, I will know.

Your kind of PhD is why Nigeria is on her knee today.
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by mechanics(m): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2019
hisgrace090:

And we still need some strenght to venture into age of weakness
don't understand.
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by Mires: 3:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
hisgrace090:

Your kind of PhD is why Nigeria is on her knee today.

That's if you know and have what it takes to acquire PhD. I won't comment further. Thanks and have a blessed day.
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by CHARLOE(m): 3:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
Wow, nic, what happened? Very friendly man, hockey coach, but d man dey bazz sha.
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by hisgrace090: 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
Mires:

That's if you know and have what it takes to acquire PhD. I won't comment further. Thanks and have a blessed day.

So you knowing what it takes to acquire PhD is enough reason for you to place your fatherland on her knees greedily?
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by MrScribe: 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2019
Gawd. So uncle Nick is gone. What a life.

He taught me human anatomy. He was hockey coach. Very friendly man, but could be mean too. And Any report on what caused his death? I hope his death had nothing to do with heart problems because uncle smoke that year o. Cigarette smoking is not good for the heart.

1 Like

Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by Dannyblaze4040(m): 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
daddytime:
Farewell Mr. Igbokwe.

How ironic that he was of the physical and health education department yet, his physical health was apparently not top notch.

God knows best though..
weldone u just jump into conclusion u knw wetin kill am
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by Immaculate090: 3:56pm On Dec 07, 2019
Is one of the great lecturer of the dept, I was a student in that dept some years ago.....

Rest in peace sir.....
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by Chukkychukky(m): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
see hw malnurish he looks who knw how long dem dey owe am salary my mum will always say son becareful of those people who eats lots of oil and pepper bcs that is hw der heart will be wen u don dey progress pass them
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2019
hisgrace090:

Rip to the dead!

Where did u get this 75 years figure from?
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by webngnews: 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by skyfather09(m): 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2019
zero fucvks given..
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by zoezoelogistics(m): 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
hisgrace090:

Rip to the dead!

I beg to differ.
Death is no respecter of anyone regardless of your status, looks, health conditions etc

We have seen cancer patients survive while someone who had no single ailment die.

Death is a debt we all owe.
It will only be attached to one thing or the other when the time comes.

Mind you WEALTH can not save you when death comes. Except say death never reason the person matter.

I am a testimony.
My blood level dropped to 17 and 16 (PCV). When full blood count was done on me in a given month.
I took 4 pints of blood in the space of 2 weeks to each other.
Some people thought it was the end.

But here I am Hale and hearty giving glory to the name of JEHOVAH the giver of life.

The summary is when it’s not yet time, no sickness can take you away.
But when it’s your time there is nothing you can do to escape.

2 Likes

Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by DarkJeddi(m): 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
daddytime:
Farewell Mr. Igbokwe.

How ironic that he was of the physical and health education department yet, his physical health was apparently not top notch.

God knows best though..
Even TOPNOTCH Athletes drop dead.. shocked
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by charlsecy(m): 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
daddytime:
You know what killed him; or how he died?
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by therajah: 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
Temptee101:
shocked

He just decided to die in his office. How? Why?

There's more to this, a thorough investigation should be carried out but unfortunately we are in a country where everything is left for God to handle

We don't value life here largely because the majority of Nigerians feel hopeless, no thanks to the corrupt leaders we've had over time

RIP Mr lecturer
You ask that question in a country where they value human life. Not in a conutry where only money is valued...
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by coming2america: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
Heeey, Nick.
Chairman sports Council..
owner of Hotlinks phone centre (married ify, one of his operators) back in tbe day and one of first Ife lecturer of his generation to start touching real momey

1 Like

Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by Ahmedsuleiman(m): 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:
Chai may his soul RIP

Please I am in need of a packaging company or anyone into soap packaging. It's urgent please�

Kindly contact me on Whatsapp: 08136113444. I can link you up with someone extremely reliable, honestly credible and professionally able.
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by YaksonFCA(m): 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
RIP
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by jahsharon: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2019
hisgrace090:

Rip to the dead!

Good. ASUU wants lecturers to work till death so that they never rest on earth because their reward is in heaven. RIP to the man.
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by lomprico(m): 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
oh my! shocked

this man gave me accommodation every session. may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office by lomprico(m): 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2019
hisgrace090:

Rip to the dead!

how old is buhari?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Schools Must Setup Isolation Centers Before Reopening - Adamu Adamu / If These Were Your Teachers, What Class Would You Never Miss? / See A Family Where All Of Them Are First Class Graduates!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.