Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:38 AM

BEGINNERS Terms I NEVER Knew On A Journey To Building Our Wordpress Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / BEGINNERS Terms I NEVER Knew On A Journey To Building Our Wordpress Blog (693 Views)

5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging / Get 60+ One Click Demo Install Wordpress Blog For Just 10K / My Wordpress Blog Logo Has Stopped Displaying, How Do I Fix It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BEGINNERS Terms I NEVER Knew On A Journey To Building Our Wordpress Blog by IsuaWP: 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2019
WordPress

WordPress is a framework that helps you manage your blog. If you are using a PC – laptop, WordPress is just like a typical Windows 10 application. It gives structure to manage your blog effectively. If you need more info on that, you can see this guide later.

WordPress is free to use, so, you don’t have to pay anything for it.

Domain Name

A domain name is what your blog will be known as. For instance, this blog’s domain name is isuawealhtyplace.com.ng.

Now, you don’t have to overthink what to call your blog because it does not really matter. But before you choose a domain name, avoid using a name like Mark23.com. Why?

Because when you share it with a friend they may end up typing Marktwentythree.com. No one knows if the Search Engines will re-direct them to your site, so, save yourself the headache.

Hosting

Hosting your site means building a framework wherefore it will stand on. By hosting your site, you are buying a foundation it will be built on.

For instance, if you want to watch Netflix, subscribing to the monthly fee is called a hosting fee. You are paying for the service to keep your viewership or niche website alive/online.

Blog Niche

One of the best things my blog has helped me is growing to be an authority in my niche. Getting pitches for collaborations and etc.

But before that, you need to have a better understanding of why you’d want to create a blog, how to choose the perfect niche, how to choose the right platform, and finally, you have what it takes to build out your blog and publish your first post.

Niche – this is an area you want to concentrate your blog topics on. It can be AI, Biodata, SEO, Make money online, DIY, Cryptocurrency, News Site, Quiz, and a lot more.

In all of the mentioned niches, millions of dollars are made monthly, so, you are not limited.

Niche and Passion

Often, people say, go/blog with your passion. Well, maybe that works for some, but it does not for me.

I am currently getting pitches for consultations in a niche I knew nothing about. Why did I decide to start my blog there, then? Because it was profitable – affiliate products to promote and make up to $30 | NGN9,000 for each successful sale.

Before you choose a niche to write on, you want to make sure there are products you can promote and make money as well.

I hear you say, I don’t want to make money, I like blogging as a passion project. Kindly hold it there.
Have you ever seen a worried bird? If you have that mindset you might, unfortunately, turn to a worried bird.

Why is this important?

You will have to pay for hosting and domain fees. Not just that. If you want to build a brand, you might need a premium WordPress theme to compliment that.

So, the idea of not treating blogging as a business is not wise. I made that mistake when I started, and believe me, you want to avoid it by all means.

How do you know if your niche is profitable?

Go to Amazon | Ebay | Jumia | Clickbank | CJ | JVzoo | Warrior Plus

For example, if I go with a niche about men’s clothing, I know for sure that I can recommend products from Amazon or Jumia to my audience.

How about starting a blog for pregnant women under 5 months or mothers over 50? There are opportunities. (Avoid broad a two-niche like “pregnant women” – define your target – like “under months pregnant women”. With that, early pregnant women will know you to blog about pregnant women under 5 months – that is what we call sub-niche)

The essence of a sub-niche is to stand out else, trying to compete with the long-standing sites might make your blogging journey not palatable – competition.

Talking about passion,

Believe me, even if you treat blogging as a passion project when you receive commissions for your efforts, you will be excited and fulfilled. So, blog with a business mindset. #Be Rewarded for your efforts.

Hope this makes sense...

Source: https://isuawealthyplace.com/Knowing-a-wordpress-blog/

See the infographic about Domain and Blog...

You can ask questions if you have one...

Re: BEGINNERS Terms I NEVER Knew On A Journey To Building Our Wordpress Blog by IsuaWP: 12:48am On Dec 08, 2019
These are some of the top shorts I needed to know in blogging.
Re: BEGINNERS Terms I NEVER Knew On A Journey To Building Our Wordpress Blog by IsuaWP: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
One of the few things here is the infographic. You can check out the link above if you want to build a quality blog in 5 minutes.

(1) (Reply)

. / The Ultimate Guide To Starting A Web Design Business / How To Setup Bulksms Website To Send SMS To DND Numbers | Nigeria Dnd Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.