Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? (41554 Views)

Unboxing Of A 3million Naira Alcoholic Drink (pics/video) / NAFDAC Bans Alcoholic Drinks In Sachets, Small Volume PET / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by helinues: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
UncleJudax:

If you take a 20% alc.100ml vodka without mixing it with a non alcoholic beverage, you would knock off way sooner than someone who diluted it. Diluted alcohol has a less dramatic effect on the body, especially in the short run.

Dilution is the reduction of concentration.

The effects of dilutions are not quick like concentration.. I always dilute my drinks to reduce ( Outside effects) even though I know say after hours the effects go be baddest.

Funny me, zipping at the moments and laughing
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by adecz: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
Of course!!

The alcohol gets diluted.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by itsme01: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
shakaZuIlu:
wait ooo i taught you're a muslim?

so muslim dont get taught chemistry?
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by majamajic(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
RichDad1:
It changed nothing in the alcoholic content.
It only makes it easier to drink.

u know nothing about alcohol

2 Likes

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Cheryph200(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
No bring stupid ? here ,we omuti sabi ourselves... Drink your water and leave the bar
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by madapcmod: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2019
itsme01:
smiley

slows down the effect, by diluting alchohol you would take less alchohol overall before you get filled up compared to taking just alchohol

This is why Cognacs like Henessy with little or no water has alcholic content of 45% while Beer has 5% with plenty of water in it, same has red wine with 12% alc ..

so 3 shorts of spirit or a tumbler is the same thing has drinking like two bottles of beer or s glass of red wine

P.S: if you must mix your Alchohol use water or fruit juice(never use Diet coke or coke), because alchohol dehydrates you by making you sweat and pee so you need water and vitamins from juice, mixing soft drink and alchohol is like mixing diabetis with liver problem

Oboy, your "H" factor strong ooo!

Not only spoken but also in written words. Haaaaaa ! Olohun ma je
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Justinlean02(m): 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
Hmm I'm surprised or I don't know maybe disappointed to read comments and still not all those real niggars could rep here... well that nigga get serious knacking and is just gearing up, mama uju must get twins this night...

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by davillian(m): 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
I drink whisky I can down a whole bottle provided I have plenty water at the side....
What these does is to give you kidney and liver enough water to reduce the stress on the organs
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by varmint: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
2019elections:

Mathematically
C1 = 30% = 0.3
V1 = 100ml
V2 = 100ml + 100ml( beverage of zero conc.) = 200ml
C2 = ?

Solution:
C1V1 = C2V2
0.3× 100 = C2 × 200
C2 = 0.3×100÷ 200
C2 = 0.15= 15%

Therefore, the alcoholic concentration has reduced by half upon addition of a 100ml beverage of zero concentration.
smiley
Good old chemistry days.
It was fun while it lasted
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by itsme01: 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
madapcmod:

Oboy, your "H" factor strong ooo!

Not only spoken but also in written words. Haaaaaa ! Olohun ma je

na your own problem be that... be proud of you accent... a texas man is proud of the way he sounds so is an english, german or french.. na inferiority complex make african one become white by force

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by chocboi78(m): 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
From dilution law,vincrease in volume leads to decrease in concentration.. So YES it does

2 Likes

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by RichDad1(m): 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2019
dyze:

Hmmm. Omuti grin
grin grin
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by nedekid: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
itsme01:
smiley

slows down the effect, by diluting alcohol you would take less alcohol overall before you get filled up compared to taking just alcohol

This is why Cognacs like Henessy with little or no water has alcoholic content of 45% while Beer has 5% with plenty of water in it, same has red wine with 12% alc ..

so 3 shorts of spirit or a tumbler is the same thing has drinking like two bottles of beer or a glass of red wine

P.S: if you must mix your Alcohol use water or fruit juice(never use Diet coke or coke), because alcohol dehydrates you by making you sweat and pee so you need water and vitamins from juice, mixing soft drink and alcohol is like mixing diabetis with liver problem

See experience shocked
Shayo master grin
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Emmanuel226(m): 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
RichDad1:
It changed nothing in the alcoholic content.
It only makes it easier to drink.
hmm
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Emmanuel226(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
ijewejones:
Whatever reason that makes one take alcohol is to get tipsy or high...

Mixing it is just to quench the bitterness but the end result is SURE grin
hahahahah
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by blackgold2018(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
zekepio:
Yes and it's simple science expressed by the formula
C1V1 = C2V2

C= Concentration
V=Volume

So if you add a non-alcoholic drink to an Alcoholic drink there will be an increased new Volume (V2) while the new Concentration(C2) will decrease.

Proudly a science student cheesy
Even common "Titration" knowledge will make one understand the alcohol content reduces.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by 4gunners(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
What do people enjoy in alcoholic drink? It's mostly bitter. I tried it severally, man went back to Maltina, Chivita grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by itsme01: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2019
nedekid:

See experience shocked
Shayo master grin

we sabi oursef lol

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Emmanuel226(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2019
Well lemme consult my Herbalist,he sure knows dat grin
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by oglalasioux(m): 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
Sugar increases the effect of alcohol. People who drink soft drinks when drunk usually end up with a week's hangover.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by AreaFada2: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
If I understood Op correctly, no it doesn't.

Unless of course by mixing alcohol with a large amount on non-alcoholic drink you end up drink less pure alcohol in total because your tummy is full and you stopped.

It can also delay the speed of pure alcohol entering your system as you finish it over a longer period and may not have to order extra alcohol. The extra volume of non-alcohol may help keep your body better hydrated as alcohol is a diuretic. Hydration is good for your body and kidneys.

But the non-alcohol may be laden with lots of sugar. That too is not great for your body.

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by solsticey2k3(m): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
If you were able to do an analysis by way of an experiment to be able to get that particular content in a particular drink A that has the ability to reduce the alcohol content in a particular drink B, then and only then can we safely say yes this particular drink A can reduce the alcohol content in that particular drink B.

Hope this clarifies..... grin
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by LordReed(m): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
Johnpaul01:
So I was chilling in one beer parlour today when two guys came in for drinks, one of them ordered for a bottle of Goldberg while the other ordered for a bottle of Stout. While the girl was about going to bring the drinks, the stout guy asked "Do you have nutri milk?", she replied with a yes and he asked her to bring it, explaining to his friend that it reduce the effect of the alcohol in the stout and the guy just nodded, but I was thinking of how that would be possible when the full bottle of stout will get into your body system with extra sugar from the nutri milk, and I felt it should be more damaging but I decided to mind my business and bring it here. Doctors in the house, is the guy correct with his ideology?.

It doesn't reduce the effect of the alcohol rather it can slow the absorption of alcohol into the bloodstream since the concentration of alcohol being imbibed has reduced.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Godmademan(m): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
OK

3 Likes

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Hearme(m): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
autonomous22:
Yes.. It does... But to low extent...

In chemistry it's called Diluting...

Lol... Over sabi don dey worry me...

Kudos jare. Because beer was mentioned nobody remembers anything again.

How about diluting soft drink with water? Is it the same sugar content? Or diluting agbo jedi with water?

The concentration will drop definitely and it will become more tolerable for the body than loading it with very high concentrations at once.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by rayobaba(m): 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
pek:
*believe*
thank u anyways. It's a typo mistake

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Just2endowed2(m): 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
When I. Don't take alcohol nko how will I know?

Check my siggy for durable romoss powerbank like romoss Sense 8+30,000mah powerbank support qc 3.0 fast charging
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Abagworo(m): 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
Yes it does. The more you dilute alcohol the less the intoxication potency.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by UncleJudax(m): 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
helinues:

The effects of dilutions are not quick like concentration.. I always dilute my drinks to reduce ( Outside effects) even though I know say after hours the effects go be baddest.
Lol. The effect no go reach when you no dilute am because the concentration in the blood stream is reduced via metabolism. Of course if you found a way to take the diluted volume at a very fast rate, the effect would be different but certainly not same as undiluted.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Simplyleo: 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
2019elections:

Mathematically
C1 = 30% = 0.3
V1 = 100ml
V2 = 100ml + 100ml( beverage of zero conc.) = 200ml
C2 = ?

Solution:
C1V1 = C2V2
0.3× 100 = C2 × 200
C2 = 0.3×100÷ 200
C2 = 0.15= 15%

Therefore, the alcoholic concentration has reduced by half upon addition of a 100ml beverage of zero concentration.
Wrong, very wrong @ the text in bold.

Your volumetric analysis was very correct, but wrong inference.

Analytically, you are obviously a good chemistry student but poor in drawing inferences.

The alcoholic content per unit volume was reduced but the overall alcoholic content is intact.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Eaten Any Of These Strange Nigerian Food? / See The Evolution Coca-Cola Bottles Went Through Over The Years! (PIC) / 5 Unhealthy Meats You Should Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.