Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,989 members, 7,803,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? (41522 Views)

Unboxing Of A 3million Naira Alcoholic Drink (pics/video) / NAFDAC Bans Alcoholic Drinks In Sachets, Small Volume PET / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by ikorodureporta: 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
its like adding a glass of water to one shot of ogogoro. It wld definitely reduce it's effectiveness
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by ussv: 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
No thread wey pesin no go see for nairaland. The best is to abstain if you get concerns, but if e no consian you, shayo dey go .
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by mysteryman2014: 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
zekepio:
Yes and it's simple science expressed by the formula
C1V1 = C2V2

C= Concentration
V=Volume

So if you add a non-alcoholic drink to an Alcoholic drink there will be an increased new Volume (V2) while the new Concentration(C2) will decrease.

Proudly a science student cheesy

That's if the volume to consume is constant. But if the volume varies then the concentration is same
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by pode(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
No my brother rather turned it into pepsi
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by hermesprogidy(m): 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
Doesn't change shit. Once drank a full glass of brandy diluted with Coca cola, that day I saw a plane in the sky and ran for cover because the plane looked so close. A small puddle looked like a lake and when I lay on my bed, it felt like I was on a flying saucer. Mehnnn.. I saw hell that day.

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by magicfingers009: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
zekepio:
C1V1 = C2V2

C= Concentration
V=Volume

So if you add a non-alcoholic drink to an Alcoholic drink there will be an increased new Volume (V2) while the new Concentration(C2) will decrease.

I was about to leave this thread until I saw your post. Thank you for enlightening the ignorant lots before you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by DaddyMorenike: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
itsme01:
smiley

slows down the effect, by diluting alcohol you would take less alcohol overall before you get filled up compared to taking just alcohol

This is why Cognacs like Henessy with little or no water has alcoholic content of 45% while Beer has 5% with plenty of water in it, same as red wine with 12% alc ..

so 3 shorts of spirit or a tumbler is the same thing as drinking like two bottles of beer or a glass of red wine

P.S: if you must mix your Alcohol use water or fruit juice(never use Diet coke or coke), because alcohol dehydrates you by making you sweat and pee so you need water and vitamins from the juice, mixing soft drink and alcohol is like mixing diabetis with liver problem

kiss me.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2019
it makes it easier to drink with an increasing effect. I can prove mathematically if anybody is interested.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by deavicky(m): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2019
Johnpaul01:
So I was chilling in one beer parlour today when two guys came in for drinks, one of them ordered for a bottle of Goldberg while the other ordered for a bottle of Stout. While the girl was about going to bring the drinks, the stout guy asked "Do you have nutri milk?", she replied with a yes and he asked her to bring it, explaining to his friend that it reduce the effect of the alcohol in the stout and the guy just nodded, but I was thinking of how that would be possible when the full bottle of stout will get into your body system with extra sugar from the nutri milk, and I felt it should be more damaging but I decided to mind my business and bring it here. Doctors in the house, is the guy correct with his ideology?.

u really mind ur business to bring here because u think we don't mind our business here.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by scify364(m): 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2019
from my job experience nothing changes, you are just using that to avoid drinking too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Odunolumide(m): 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2019
zekepio:
C1V1 = C2V2

C= Concentration
V=Volume

U may be wrong but I like your concept and explanation of it.

But in BTW something is telling me u r one of those science students that sits at the back in sch...lol

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by TheStarsAlign: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
zekepio:
C1V1 = C2V2

C= Concentration
V=Volume

Good analogy. In essence, reduced concentration = reduced effect. However if the drinker still went ahead to finish all the content, does it not amount to the same concentration?

Illustration, if Atiku consumes a bottle of red wine of 25% volume and Buhari consume 5 bottles of beer of 5% volume (which can also mean same as 1 watered-down red wine into 5 bottles).

In final analysis, have they not both consumed same level of alcohol?

hermesprogidy:
Doesn't change shit. Once drank a full glass of brandy diluted with Coca cola, that day I saw a plane in the sky and ran for cover because the plane looked so close. A small puddle looked like a lake and when I lay on my bed, it felt like I was on a flying saucer. Mehnnn.. I saw hell that day.

I'm no science student but I'm thinking maybe some chemical in the coke shouldn't be mixing with another chemical in the brandy hence the result grin

Odunolumide:

But in BTW something is telling me u r one of those science students that sits at the back in sch...lol

Bad man grin
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by InvertedHammer: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
/
Any in-house chemistry student?
Dilution will answer the question.
Once you understand the meaning of % by volume relative to volume of solute and volume of solution, the answer will be vivid.

/
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
Yes it does. You are diluting the drink by mixing with a nonalcoholic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by pocohantas(f): 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
Simplyleo:

Na you make am drunkard?

For explaining his taste?

Besides, though I don't drink, I feel anyone that drinks is entitled to his/her choice of taste.

Don't put mouth when lovers are fighting. Make them no use you settle ehn?

Zicoraads is my bf, I am his ex-gf. Thank you, Sir. cheesy cheesy
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by zekepio(m): 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
TheStarsAlign:

Good analogy. In essence, reduced concentration = reduced effect. However if the drinker still went ahead to finish all the content, does it not amount to the same concentration?

Illustration, if Atiku consumes a bottle of red wine of 25% volume and Buhari consume 5 bottles of beer of 5% volume (which can also mean same as 1 watered-down red wine into 5 bottles).

In final analysis, have they not both consumed same level of alcohol?
You're correct. If you consume V2 which is the new volume after dilution then you've still consumed C1 which is your initial percentage alcohol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Okikaneseokwu: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
Jh0wsef:
Nope. if you mix 30% alcoholic drink in a full pepsi bottle. It only changes the taste, but the Alcohol level still remains 30%.

So let us not deceive ourselves and face reality jehjeh.

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by zekepio(m): 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Odunolumide:

My analogy is correct and is even a theorem in Chemistry.
And BTW, I'm team middle seat! cool
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by zekepio(m): 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
HazzanTazzan:

Sensible ...

Most people talking above don't drink alcohol and don't know how water reduce concentration...

The highness of 33cl bottle of henessey can't be compared with same 33cl bottle of henessey which already has fruit juice mixed in it....
I'm actually very happy to see your quote. I've been a big fan from afar.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by meobizy(f): 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
hisgrace090:
It can only softens the taste of the alcohol and not the effect.
It softens the taste and fills the belly more since the person is consuming two products compared to one. Truth might exist in his saying because the fuller he gets the less he’ll consume of both drinks. The less he consumes of the alcoholic beverage the less the effect it has on him. So, yes, he’s not fully correct but there’s truth in the sentence.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Odunolumide(m): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
zekepio:

My analogy is correct and is even a theorem in Chemistry.
And BTW, I'm team middle seat! cool

I understand

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
zekepio:
C1V1 = C2V2

C= Concentration
V=Volume

Whoa!

Love your analysis!
Smile..

Murasi!

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by zicoraads: 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
pocohantas:

Don't put mouth when lovers are fighting. Make them no use you settle ehn?

Zicoraads is my bf, I am his ex-gf. Thank you, Sir. cheesy cheesy
Na wa oooo.

I be your bf. You be my ex-gf.

Who make your ex? undecided embarassed

Your love have not do me.

But honezly, who be that aproko? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
DMerciful:
The alcoholic % is a volumetric one. Meaning, 10% alcoholic content means that 1 part out of 10 parts by volume is pure alcohol. So by adding the nutrimilk, the volume has increased without additional increases in alcohol so there is dilution. Secondly, because the consumer is not taking it instantaneously, it will take him more time to consume the alchohol in the beer giving the body more time to neutralize the effect. Also the quantity of alcohol he will consume overall will reduce because he has a limit interms of volume he can drink which is already diluted.
For example, if you put 1kg of powdered detergent in small water, it will be effective, but if you add more water, even though the detergent remains thesame, the detergent will be diluted and unable to wash the cloth.

Twale....baba o.

Ojo'gbon.... Baba kepe o.

Accolades!

Talking from valid experience.

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by xsanctus(m): 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
zekepio:
C1V1 = C2V2

C= Concentration
V=Volume

For better explanation.
Concentration = No of moles / Volume
That is to say that increase in volume results to a corresponding Decrease in concentration but the moles remain constant.

So if you need lesser effect of the alcohol do not consume the entire volume after diluting and if you do, you have consumed same alcohol content in alcohol to diluant ratio

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
DMerciful:
The alcoholic % is a volumetric one. Meaning, 10% alcoholic content means that 1 part out of 10 parts by volume is pure alcohol. So by adding the nutrimilk, the volume has increased without additional increases in alcohol so there is dilution. Secondly, because the consumer is not taking it instantaneously, it will take him more time to consume the alchohol in the beer giving the body more time to neutralize the effect. Also the quantity of alcohol he will consume overall will reduce because he has a limit interms of volume he can drink which is already diluted.
For example, if you put 1kg of powdered detergent in small water, it will be effective, but if you add more water, even though the detergent remains thesame, the detergent will be diluted and unable to wash the cloth.

With this your comment, even if you snatch my babe, though I have non.....lol.

I will still hand her over to you for proper caring.

Wonderful!

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by urchcoded(m): 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
zekepio:
C1V1 = C2V2

C= Concentration
V=Volume

Seems u crammed formulas... If u mix a bottle of star with a bottle of say fanta into a bigger bottle and drink the full new bottle which could be ur "V2" u've not reduced the concentration of the alcohol hence it will still have d same effect.

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2019
xsanctus:

For better explanation.
Concentration = No of moles / Volume
That is to say that increase in volume results to a corresponding Decrease in concentration but the moles remain constant.

So if you need lesser effect of the alcohol do not consume the entire volume after diluting and if you do, you have consumed same alcohol content in alcohol to diluant ratio

Oooya....am getting more ....increase the volume...personal opinion
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
helinues:
In chemistry, concentration is different from dilution cos the effects are different

Hnmm.....even from this little headline...am having some fun
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
varmint:

Great hypothetical situation but weak mathematics
Let's assume the drink was 100ml to begin with, 30% alcohol means you have 30ml alcohol in the drink. When you add a non alcoholic beverage say another 100ml, you have a 200ml drink with only 30ml alcohol. This reduces the alcoholic content to 30/200 now which is 15%.
So in way, it reduces the alcoholic percentage of the drink while the alcoholic volume remains constant.

Gbefun nla'nla..... Maya son to.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by maxzzo1(m): 9:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
zekepio:
C1V1 = C2V2

C= Concentration
V=Volume

With this d effect will reduce

1 Like

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
fergie001:

Boyle's law don scatter ya head

Smile...

It's allowed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With / Have You Eaten Any Of These Strange Nigerian Food? / See The Evolution Coca-Cola Bottles Went Through Over The Years! (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.