Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? (41512 Views)

Unboxing Of A 3million Naira Alcoholic Drink (pics/video) / NAFDAC Bans Alcoholic Drinks In Sachets, Small Volume PET / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by urchcoded(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Akpuoru:

I don't know how old you are but I know from your post that you need to learn. Nairaland can serve as a learning forum if you engage yourself. Just an advice

People sef. Dat guy gave a nice lecture which is 100% correct I don't know about manners but if u don't understand him ask him if he could simplify it more for u. Stop asking how old he is and learn.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by urchcoded(m): 2:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
This is not true. Chemical reactions mean that something can change from one state to another. If a diluted drink can no longer make you as tipsy then it is not that same drink. If you were to write the equation for the reaction would the reactants not be different from the products? A change in the number of molecules affects the molecular structure, meaning that the what you have is actually something else. That's why your sugar drink will be less sweet when you add too much water. Water is a chemical too.
By adding water you have initiated a chemical reaction between the molecules of sugar and H20. What you get is not exactly the same. It cannot be the same. Change is chemical structure effects a change in physical properties; in this case taste.

Even though I don't agree with every thing u Said, it's obvious u have strong knowledge in chemistry. The glucose in sugar reacts with water to form carbon dioxide which in water exists as carbonic acid and has a sour taste. So inferentially dat is what caused the change in taste of the solution... Lolx but common sense should tell us dat d taste just changed because of dilution. If not just a little water added should change the taste of the sugar because CO2 is still formed but alas it doesn't
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by urchcoded(m): 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2019
ronyman:
Adding soft drink maintains the concentration of the alcohol content, but reduced the binding frequency for metabolism. Hence less alcohol binds to the alcohol dehydrogenase enzyme per time, compared to taking it alone, binding is fast and direct!

Nice one from the biochemist view.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Akpuoru: 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
urchcoded:

People sef. Dat guy gave a nice lecture which is 100% correct I don't know about manners but if u don't understand him ask him if he could simplify it more for u. Stop asking how old he is and learn.
I take it that there are people who visit this forum to learn and based on that I made an input. When you say the guy is 100% correct, it simply means you need to learn too. For your information, when you see an alcoholic drink, the alcohol content is always written. This is international standard. Whenever you pick an alcoholic drink, check the alcohol content. For instance a bottle of Cape Maclear wine contains 14% Alcohol and the bottle is 750mls. What does this information mean?
It means that every 100mls from this drink contains 14 grams of alcohol. If someone consumes the whole 750mls, he has taken in 14 x 7.5 = 105 grams of Alcohol.
The issue of intoxication is now individually determined, while some may start misbehaving on taking say 10gm of alcohol, others may appear unshaken after consuming say 80mg. We now talk of individual thresholds.
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Moscodee1990(m): 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
ijewejones:
Whatever reason that makes one take alcohol is to get tipsy or high...

Mixing it is just to quench the bitterness but the end result is SURE grin
On point
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by urchcoded(m): 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
Akpuoru:
I take it that there are people who visit this forum to learn and based on that I made an input. When you say the guy is 100% correct, it simply means you need to learn too. For your information, when you see an alcoholic drink, the alcohol content is always written. This is international standard. Whenever you pick an alcoholic drink, check the alcohol content. For instance a bottle of Cape Maclear wine contains 14% Alcohol and the bottle is 750mls. What does this information mean?
It means that every 100mls from this drink contains 14 grams of alcohol. If someone consumes the whole 750mls, he has taken in 14 x 7.5 = 105 grams of Alcohol.
The issue of intoxication is now individually determined, while some may start misbehaving on taking say 10gm of alcohol, others may appear unshaken after consuming say 80mg. We now talk of individual thresholds.

Well, u didn't follow the previous discussions of u and d guy, so I don't really know d argument. I just commented based on that single post by the guy in reference to the the general topic. I understand all what u've said, I Kno dat already so I wouldn't say I learnt anything new from dis ur comment. However i will like to learn something from u sir. Could u send me a WhatsApp message pls, or drop ur number so I could beep u up. It's not really related to d alcohol stuff 08109842170
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Iceking1(m): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
Enwhen:

It will reduce the alcoholic contents... It is known as Neutralization process... Some also does same for coker cola to reduce the sugar contents .

Bro please how can one do this with coca cola, will i turn water into the coke bottle to reduce the sugar?
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by Enwhen(m): 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
Iceking1:

Bro please how can one do this with coca cola, will i turn water into the coke bottle to reduce the sugar?

No, You will use a glass cup or any cup, pour some into the glass cup, maybe half of the volume of the glass cup and add some water to it, in order to dilute it to how u want it thereby reducing the sugar contents...
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by sofiscatedmoron: 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
Akpuoru:

I don't know how old you are but I know from your post that you need to learn. Nairaland can serve as a learning forum if you engage yourself. Just an advice
u are the one that needs to learn, just because u were corrected in a funny way , u got angry
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by chukzyfcbb: 11:34pm On Dec 10, 2019
4gunners:
What do people enjoy in alcoholic drink? It's mostly bitter. I tried it severally, man went back to Maltina, Chivita grin grin
Try Red wine.
A cold bottle of good red wine after a nice meal will send your brains to cloud 9 .

Before you say jack you have gulped a whole bottle wink lol
Re: Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? by iceprinxy(m): 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
Enwhen:

It will reduce it... That's what is called Neutralization... Some even do thesame for coker cola , to reduce the amount of sugar...and they do the mixing , glass cup by glass cup ensured proper Neutralization.

How will you see it will reduce it?
Ok, take for example, I bought a bottle of Coca-Cola and I mixed it with a bottle of water then I drank the mixed bottle. How does it affect the amount of sugar that will still be present in my stomach when digesting?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Eaten Any Of These Strange Nigerian Food? / White Rice With Spicy Chicken Stew. Fresh Tomatoes Is Scarce Today So.... / See The Evolution Coca-Cola Bottles Went Through Over The Years! (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.