Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) (19872 Views)

The untold Story of Ubaga HK >yahoo Yahoo, yahoo plus, mtcn, betrayal! / Chronicles - My Story ( True Life) / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
Thank God it's a faceless forum.

So think what you want, say what you want, I won't reply comments from 'Holy People' but I'll reply mentions from my fellow hustle guys.

Plus I decide to join Nl so I can share this.

Here's how it went down:

Just after my National diploma, I got a factory job, I had to save enough so I could go back for my Hnd. Pay was eighteen thousand 8-8. I worked for 3 months and this Indian guy tried to assault me because I didn't add 'Sir' to the 'good morning' I said to him. This werey slapped me twice in quick succession EMI werey, I slapped him back twice just as he did me. Before people separated us I showed him the Mike Tyson in me.. Before I know, police don show.. That's when my Indian guy dealt with me.. He kept giving our hungry officers money so they'd keep me in custody.

Lass lass Sha I commot for prison and the real hustle began.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Psady(m): 9:10pm On Dec 07, 2019
oya more now! e go sweet.
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
So, after the bust up that supped at my job, I had to find a new gig. I thought about home, (I squatted with my dude who lived at ikotun) I couldn't feed myself. Me and my dude even though we lived together, we used the 'all man for himself regime' so I was without a job and i was completely broke. Home was appealing to me, i spoke with my Mom and she even said she'd send me money to bring myself home and I almost gave in because I knew if I moved back with Mom, I won't have any food problems. So yeah, I was gonna go home but I'd tell my dude first. So he came back from work that night, and surprisingly asked if had eaten and we breezed out of the house after I told him I have had anything.

We got to this indomie joint and he placed orders for myself and himself so we waited and while we waited for the food, I told him what I was up to and blah blah. While I spoke, he didn't say a word and he was about to talk when the abami aboki served us our noodles so he said we should eat We'd talk right after.

Please don't mind my punctuations, school wasn't my thing so I didn't pay too much attention.

7 Likes

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 5:41am On Dec 08, 2019
*Salsas into thread*
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by silverlinen(m): 7:50am On Dec 08, 2019
I guess this will be a nice ride..Waiting for the next update.

Big twalle to u OP

1 Like

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 8:24am On Dec 08, 2019
As soon s we ate and paid, we still sat at the joint ...

MY DUDE

My dude grew up in the village, came to Lagos to hustle through his uncle who promised to help him to learn a trade. On getting to Lagos, his uncle switched up on him by putting him on a job where he takes all the pay for himself. Hid uncle didn't have a wife and no kids but tragically he died in an accident while returning from a party so after his uncle's burial, my dude took over his room and continued to pay the rent and that's where I'm currently squatting.

He spoke up and said "Dammy, why you Wan go house? Wetin you Wan go do"... I then explained to him that since I had no job and I didn't get call backs from the other places I applied to and coupled with the fact that I used up all the small change I managed to save up from my Small salary, I just cannot cope. But It was only for a while I'd be back.

"Dammy you be juu, you wan go hide under your mama, but collect my advice, stay for jungle make you face am. Omo ase Loma lole"

So he spoke further

"dammy wait self, shebi you Sabi use computer? Try yahoo na, you no dey see all this small pikin dey ball like water?"

I was still thinking hard about the things he said and the yahoo part when he suggested we head to our weed joint so "we go reason wella" like he suggested. But while we trekked, I had so many questions, so many thoughts running back and forth in my head.

7 Likes

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Psady(m): 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
nice one! we need more .life experience is the greatest story anyone could write about .

4 Likes

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 4:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
silverlinen:
I guess this will be a nice ride..Waiting for the next update.

Big twalle to u OP

More comments like this and I'll give it steady updates, I want feedback

And thanks Boss
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
Psady:
nice one! we need more .life experience is the greatest story anyone could write about .

Aww thanks.. More updates today
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2019
We got to the weed joint, my guy paid for four Arizona sachets, and he gave me two. We picked our corner and we sat down with the other guys who were either puffing a joint or rolling one. Me and my guy, we rolled up and while we both puffed, my mind drifted into thoughts..

**Yahoo yahoo? Ehn wait, even if I wan learn yahoo, who I Sabi? If I even Sabi pesin, how I go take see money buy lappy and phone?**

Out of the blues, my dude slapped me out of my thoughts and just like he had been in my head, he said

"no worry, me and you we be omo Iya, see ehn, my boda die leave one money, na like 150k and na business I wan take am do before.. But no worry, I know say you no fit chenk me Sha. I go give you the money make I buy lappy for you..

So my guy went and bought one hp pavilion laptop, and one HTC android phone for me.. Now the problem after that was who would show me the way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Psady(m): 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
too short , but I like the suspense. please update more tonight.

1 Like

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
Segun (Cairo)

But before Segun traveled, we were roomies in our ND days. We met on the day I resumed to school as a fresher. I had gone to campus to get my medical form, then at Mapoly (Ojere Campus) as soon as you resume to school as a fresher, you'd need to go to campus then hit the school clinic for your medical form. So we met and we just clicked then he told me he was looking for accommodation and he had the money at hand. I explained my plight of how I managed to get just about 10k after I paid acceptance and stuff. But he told me not to bulge we exchanged numbers that day and a week later he found a place, paid and ask me to move in with him.

But who was going to teach me, for a week, all I could do on the laptop my dude bought for me was movies, music, winning eleven.. My dude understood why, we were both at a loss..

Segun liked money, I'd say he loved money and at every point, he always reffrence Dangote (Segun lol if you're on this site and you get to read this.. I love you bro). He took classes serious for a month and he just stopped going totally. I was concerned. I'd get up to go but he won't. But he'd go for tests and exams because despite not going to classes, somehow he stayed connected.

We attended a birthday party in school, and there and right in our faces, and money rained. Kids were buying drinks in caskets, and you'd have seen their car keys strapped to their belt.. We felt out of place, we didn't fit. We eventually left for home and I left home with a different Segun, what we saw at the party, it challenged him, as a sharp guy that he was.. But me as the OTE wey I be i didn't think too much of those kids.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
Psady:
too short , but I like the suspense. please update more tonight.

Sorry boss, I'm not a writter, this actually is the first time I'm writing based on personal experience but I'm gonna try to write more.. Thanks for the observation

Much love

1 Like

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2019
Segun,

After our first semester exams, I traveled home but Segun didn't. By the time I traveled back, my guy had become something else. He'd go hang with some guys who lived in a flat somewhere around town and he won't return for days. If he did Come home, he'd sleep for awhile, freshen up, jump into clothes and he'd go again. We thought we were matured and we could do what we want tho so yeah..Segun's Dad sent second semester school fee, my guy didn't even gave it double thoughts he went and bought one fine laptop and a 3g wifi modem.. A week after, his dad sent him money again for handouts/textbook and food for a month, my dude went and brought a used generator.

I didn't know way to do, I knew he had ruined his future (so it thought lol) my guy no even send.. But Sha, make I no lie, he shut me up with 2k and that 2k that time for my eye na big big big money. And also, because he bought those things, he stayed at home much more than when he didn't have a laptop. While I dressed up for classes, he'd be typing away on his laptop. He slept during the day and he typed away at night.. Segun saw me as OTE and I saw him as someone who was only waisting time after dropping out on purpose.

Days crawled into each other, months ran into months.. Nothing, just nothing. But my guy was a soldier.. The hustle no dey show face but him no dey back down.. Second semester exams, Segun was Missing in action.. He didn't pay the fees anyway..my guy no even bother even after I asked him what he'd tell his dad.. He'd always tell me to just shut up and mind my business..

Just as after my second semester exams, My mom sent money for me to travel home.. My guy had been looking for how to buy data to browse.. No light was showing on that one. And as soon as I was ready to go, I gave him five hundred naira from the one thousand naira my Mum sent. E just be like say he win world cup.. Me Gan wey give am the money, I didn't know what was about to unfold.

3 Likes

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by silverlinen(m): 11:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
Massive hustle nai segun dey do oo
Very soon the hustle go pay massively

Am giving my full attention to this literature bang
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Psady(m): 11:41pm On Dec 08, 2019
thanks for the update, please do not relent to put in more, Its getting interesting.
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Olawrites: 8:23am On Dec 09, 2019
Only real OG can relate to this.

Nice story
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Olawrites: 8:31am On Dec 09, 2019
No retreat no surrender. Nice story
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
The morning after I traveled home for the second semester holidays, Segun, all his patience paid off.. The night before, he had written his client and had requested for $450. He had been nursing the oyinbo for a while.. Segun didn't know how much his client was worth and somehow one thing led to another and his then Oyinbo was already in love.. Long story short, the Oyinbo sent my guy one thousand dollars and that was the first cash out.

I didn't know what's up for a while, I was busy with side jobs and I didn't really call him for a while too. My side hustles were paying and I was saving hard in return and by the time the break was over, I had saved enough to get my own space.
All the while, my guy had cashed out like mad. Yeah it started with one thousand dollars but the time I traveled back to school, he had cashed out on his client 15thousand dollars in total.

I took a sharp turn and right there in front of me was a parked Camry Sports(parked right in front of my villa but I didn't read any meaning to it, I just wanted to go inside the house because the hot sun had done shege to my skin plus, I sat in the bus uncomfortably for 4 hours.. I only had one mission, go inside, see Segun, eat some food and sleep the rest of the day away.. But wonders didn't end

3 Likes

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2019
I opened the door and i couldn't believe it, bigger bed, air conditioning system, big led flat screen TV, playstation, dstv, one very bad ass home theater.. Yes it was a one room 'face me' apartment but my guy was (just starting).. I just couldn't believe it.. Somehow I almost thought I was in the wrong apartment that I had to recheck to be sure.. Segun wasn't in, he apparently didn't lock the door.

The car I saw outside, it didn't make any sense until I opened the shelve that was just by the bed frame, and there in the shelve was a Toyota camry car key. As soon as I saw the key, I had to leave the room because I actually didn't think Segun could buy a car or so so in my mind, I was in the wrong room.. (maybe he switched rooms or he did move out) those were the thoughts that ran though my mind while I waited for him.

I'd find answers soon enough I said to me.

I sat outside, I waited for Segun, and when he did show up, I almost didn't recognize him... My dude was looking dope and all puffed up all of a sudden. He jumped down from the bike paid the bike man and i knew somehow he must have topped him extra because the bike man was showering praises on my guy and Iwas like (ehn ehn) Segun who would always argue with bike men, sometimes he had no money but would still board a bike home then would escape through the street that connected ours but hrre was my guy paying one of them extra.. Oga o wonders shall never end.

Another thing h at surprised me was, Segun was overly playful, before he joined those gang where he learnt gee, he'd greet you by shaking you too hard.. He'd slap you so hard you'd almost get mad.. He was mostly annoying but he wouldn't care but here was my guy, after paying the bike man he threw me a glance and forcefully muttered "how far" he didn't even wait for me to respond before he headed inside.

Oga o

3 Likes

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by ubcandid(m): 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hmmm. After buying all those gadgets he carelessly left his room unlocked. Ok.

1 Like

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by mainzillionaire: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
Following
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
ubcandid:
Hmmm. After buying all those gadgets he carelessly left his room unlocked. Ok.

I guess you lived in your school hostel.. Well we lived outside school premises and like I said it's a face me apartment.. That room used to be empty, we only had just a small sized bed.. So not locking the door has been our habit
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by silverlinen(m): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
Made4dahustle

U are dope ur killing us the audience kpa

Jor do update again we dey wait
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
I've been an avid reader of Nairaland, and almost everyday, I saw how efcc arranged boys. Chai I was an OTE ooo.. I was afraid alot, I was afraid for the new levels.. Segun didn't change towards me though, he was a bit proud I'd say but he kept me straight.. He took me to classes in his car, gave me pocket money, bought me clothes, he made me fit in.. We attended birthdays at school and we could mix with the big boys.

I was skipping classes at a slow rate, Segun was cashing out mad.. I wasn't broke either. It was all fun until one Saturday, I opened one of the drawers on the TV shelf and right there was one wiered looking calabash. It was partialy opened and it contained black soap laced with cowries..and some sponge and another wierd looking bottle with alcoholic content..

That was it for me.. Yahoo plus kwa? No no no.. I started having bad thoughts.. See ehn, I came from a strict Christian family and I have never seen anything like that.. I only saw stuffs like that in the movies. But this was reality, I freaked out, I overreacted.. And that was how i used the money I saved up, paid for an apartment and moved out... I felt safe away from Segun but I was going to regret it later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Psady(m): 10:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
OMG! ghen ghen things. much much interesting I most admit .please keep up with the great work.
Re: My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) by Made4dahustle: 7:09pm On Dec 10, 2019
Despite how it played out, me moving out to do my own thing, Segun didn't even bulge.. no calls, no texts, no check up.. I'm sure he didn't plan for me to leave, but I guess moving out was okay by him either ways. Segun gan sef no dull anything.. he moved out a month after I left.. before I knew, my guy had rented a flat in town and he had about 5 boys who were living with him learning how to catch fish.. the same fish that Segun served me that I wouldn't eat.

Segun got big, I got scared, I left and he progressed.. but I always thought, he'd meet his Waterloo sooner because I felt he used voodoo and all the money miggt probably have repercussions and he'd have to pay for his sins. So in the long run, I was better off..I told myself I jus need to focus on school and be patient. Better days were riggt ahead (but so I thought).

I completed my national diploma, I thought that was the height of it, I was proud I had something to show after the two years I had spent.. But life, Segun went and bought a Benz. I was looking for industrial training placement, my guy was balling hard on his money.. Segun moved to Magodo Phase 2, it was newer levels I should say but here I was, broke, jobless, squatting and currently looking for who to teach me how to fish..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts / Get Paid: Submiting Your Manuscript To Nigerian Publisher Nationwide / The Journey To A Thousand Flash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.