Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,793 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (102154 Views)

Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed / Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Heffalump(m): 10:46am On Dec 08, 2019
Andy's stature shows he's a Beast. That guy can absorb punches like Dunlop grin

AJ took the right decision to win on points, otherwise it would have been worst than the first fight for AJ. Andy was taken by surprise as AJ maintained cool disposition and safe distance throughout the bout.

9 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Enemyofpeace: 10:46am On Dec 08, 2019
Rubbish. We have already sinned it yesterday
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by knowhowk: 10:46am On Dec 08, 2019
That Jab marks the beginning of Hope for AJ ,Men ,Ruiz Body is damn Heavy ,His weight plus was Intelligently avioded by AJ ,if he did not apply the Muhammed Alli ,Run ,Hit run tactics that Mexican would have suffocated him with a close range Jabs.I love you AJ.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by handsomeyinka(m): 10:47am On Dec 08, 2019
Starboytwo:
I'm happy he won the belts back, but not a very convincing display...

Imo Tyson Fury would easily smoke Ruiz... Champs anyway...
Just shut the Bleep up.

If I slap you,na like this you go waka go see your doctor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by SehgateTeam(m): 10:47am On Dec 08, 2019
I never under estimate Ruiz because he generate his strength more from his mind.....if round were to be 15.......the guy will not back out until he wins

Congrats to A.J all his determination was to get his belt back with all professional tactics.

Both Men tried.......

Once again congrats to my brother from another mother...

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by blowjohn(m): 10:47am On Dec 08, 2019
emmachukwu99:
Fist of the Legend

Fist of the North Star u mean wink

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Lenient001: 10:48am On Dec 08, 2019
Lol... E be like.. I go give you souvenir wey you never go dey forget Nigeria.
Hurray for my country, abeg
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by neonly: 10:48am On Dec 08, 2019
[quote author=ProudBoy post=84730247]Staged fight. [/quote

I tell you very irritating fight jare
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Gratefulll(f): 10:49am On Dec 08, 2019
If not for match fixing, how did Ruiz won the first match??
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by ednut1(m): 10:49am On Dec 08, 2019
jantofubu:
Where are the *AJ cant win* crew?

Where are the haters that said Ruiz will beat him silly

They have crept back into the fùck¡ng hole grin

Children of hate

Tueh
with all the gist aj was losing weight . Ruiz still went to pile up weight and did not train too. Looks like a staged fight

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by MikaylaMiles: 10:49am On Dec 08, 2019
mysportdab:
Anthony Joshua cut Andy Ruiz in the first round of their rematch in Saudi Arabia, MikaylaMiles reports.

A great right hand from the Brit opened a cut above the Mexican’s left eye.

Huge success there in the first round for AJ and he now has the cut to target for the remaining 11 rounds.

Ruiz answers with a strong double jab, which snaps Joshua's head back but he fires back with another good right hand.

watch the video...
https://twitter.com/MMAIndiaShow/status/1203425156024004609?s=19

Source: https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/12/anthony-joshua-huge-punch-cuts-andy.html

Great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by apasino01: 10:50am On Dec 08, 2019
jantofubu:
Where are the *AJ cant win* crew?

Where are the haters that said Ruiz will beat him silly

They have crept back into the fùck¡ng hole grin

Children of hate

Tueh
chill AJ was doing hit and run
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Dareal90s(m): 10:50am On Dec 08, 2019
Starboytwo:
I'm happy he won the belts back, but not a very convincing display...

Imo Tyson Fury would easily smoke Ruiz... Champs anyway...
How else do u want it to b convincing, dem no dey count point for boxing again?

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:52am On Dec 08, 2019
I told u guys earlier that AJ had the advantage of been taller and long arm. The best he could do is keep ruiz at arms length while delivering his punch....

While AJ enjoy am coming to challenge you by this time next year...

Anthony Joshua vs Anthony Iyke.... We go fight this fight ooooo undecided

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by zoedew: 10:53am On Dec 08, 2019
Boxing indeed is the sport for the gentleman.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Dareal90s(m): 10:54am On Dec 08, 2019
apasino01:
Its part of d game, u use ur brain not only ur bone. Andy only used his bone, reason why he lost.

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by jantofubu(m): 10:54am On Dec 08, 2019
apasino01:

Victory matters most...

Are you saying because" i win on penalty makes the match invalid"

He did the needful and won by points... Shikena

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by McTobe(m): 10:54am On Dec 08, 2019
U got it there
knowhowk:
That Jab marks the beginning of Hope for AJ ,Men ,Ruiz Body is damn Heavy ,His weight plus was Intelligently avioded by AJ ,if he did not apply the Muhammed Alli ,Run ,Hit run tactics that Mexican would have suffocated him with a close range Jabs.I love you AJ.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by klax(m): 10:56am On Dec 08, 2019
I'm not happy the cut was not very deep I watched the match and I was waiting to see Ruiz face battered beyond recognition but AJ right hand jab did have enough chance to disfigured Ruiz face it really upset me wallahi.

For ever I will stand behind my fellow country men or women come rain come sunshine. AJ is my man

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by jantofubu(m): 10:56am On Dec 08, 2019
ednut1:
with all the gist aj was losing weight . Ruiz still went to pile up weight and did not train too. Looks like a staged fight
grin

The weight was of advantage to him... Had he lost weight, you see those punches from AJ could av broken his skull

But the blow just dey hit chunk of meat cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by trippleKAY(m): 10:56am On Dec 08, 2019
grin grin grin
Nicklaus619:
My man AJ cool

One guy was busy saying that dj cuppy was seated by his side crying and a shouting oko mi. Oko mi through out the match
Laugh wan kee me grin
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by jeffrey1596: 10:57am On Dec 08, 2019
Iamdmentor1:
Ruiz added so much weight. See belle. Did he think this was Suomi wrestling.

Those criticising Joshua for not delivering a knock out must think boxing is easy. It isn’t at all.

Besides, Ruiz was bent on knocking Joshua out and that was one of the reasons he lost.

If Joshua had underestimated Ruiz like he did in the first match..my guy e go beat joshua again o..That ruiz throws fast close jabs...asin the guy hands are fast.Some people were just saying joshua was running from him. He knows what he was doing. keeping his distance and throwing long jabs was Joshua's only means of winning..forget winning by KO. if Joshua was hoping to KO Ruiz he'd probably be the one Knockedout.

8 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 08, 2019
Very bad sport with huge side effects
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by freezyprinzy(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2019
Nicklaus619:
My man AJ cool

One guy was busy saying that dj cuppy was seated by his side crying and a shouting oko mi. Oko mi through out the match
Laugh wan kee me grin
grin
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2019
AJ can't be a yoruba man
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by ednut1(m): 11:00am On Dec 08, 2019
jantofubu:
grin

The weight was of advantage to him... Had he lost weight, you see those punches from AJ could av broken his skull

But the blow just dey hit chunk of meat cheesy
aj does not have ko power like wilder. He was simply not prepared for the fight
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by emkz: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2019
Iamdmentor1:
Ruiz added so much weight. See belle. Did he think this was Suomi wrestling?

Those criticising Joshua for not delivering a knock out must think boxing is easy. It isn’t at all.

Besides, Ruiz was bent on knocking Joshua out and that was one of the reasons he lost.

I agree!

Ruiz was a worthy opponent. AJ tried to avoid his killer punches by docking him. Ruiz relied too much on his strength and was busy running around while AJ relied on calculative attempts, delivering them and scoring the points that mattered. If he had approached the fight like Ruiz did, Ruiz for beat am again. Sometimes, you must back up hardwork with smartwork to win, which Joshua did.

11 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 11:01am On Dec 08, 2019
Lets not be sentimental here...that was 1st round and joshua too got a cut just few secs into the second round. That's part of the game. Congratulations he won if not, DJ cuppy would have gotten the bashing of her life for 4king strenght of ouf AJ

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by ALEXIS0240: 11:01am On Dec 08, 2019
QuietHammer:
Okay, he won, though not in the most glorious way.
Let's have Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder next. AJ would know why Deontay is called the 'bronze bomber'. grin
And what if . Deontay happens to lose;what will you now say,Abeg celebrate the champ while his era last.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by AuwalYusuf812(m): 11:03am On Dec 08, 2019
this guy vex no be small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics / Messi Shaves His Beard As Enthusiastic Barca Stars Train Before La Liga Return / Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.