Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,694 members, 7,805,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (102156 Views)

Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed / Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by thorpido(m): 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2019
Chubhie:

I wasn't entertained watching the bout.
It happens,the main aim was for him to win.He really couldn't afford to lose again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ginaz:
Fixed match

Where is your proof?
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Chubhie: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
luminouz:

Baying ko,braying ni!
Mayweather never bothered about any fan but his own tactics,why should any sane man do otherwise? Na crime now to fight conservatively?

So because you were not entertained,the whole world should stand still? Or maybe we should replay the fight? Wait,how much did you even pay to watch the bout. Were you there live? Or sneaking to watch it on some fuqed up app?
You want to get entertained? Slap any cop close to you. grin
I'm surprised that you seem to have enjoyed what transpired in that ring. Now, tell me, Was this about a blind love for AJ, Nationalism or love for the boxing culture?
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Chubhie: 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
thorpido:
It happens,the main aim was for him to win.He really couldn't afford to lose again.
I can understand this from a pragmatic point of view. However, the conscious win at all cost seems to have taken a lot away from the sport.

Mayweather started this movement and it would likely consume the sport if not checked. Same way people nearly crucified Jose Mourinho cos of his rigid approach and was fast gaining traction as the only way to win until Guardiola and Kloop shattered that with their offensive and flamboyant approach to winning.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Vikky014(f): 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
johnmartus:
Very good grin
lol. i found this comment funny though
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 6:25pm On Dec 08, 2019
Exactly, he was targeting the back of AJ's head and behind the ears. That probably might have been the reason AJ had fully grown hairs on his head unlike the first match. That helped absorbed the attempt by Ruiz on one or two occasions.

Iamdmentor1:
Ruiz added so much weight. See belle. Did he think this was Suomi wrestling?

Those criticising Joshua for not delivering a knock out must think boxing is easy. It isn’t at all.

Besides, Ruiz was bent on knocking Joshua out and that was one of the reasons he lost.

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by johnmartus(m): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2019
cheesy how.
Vikky014:
lol. i found this comment funny though
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by luminouz(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2019
Chubhie:

I'm surprised that you seem to have enjoyed what transpired in that ring. Now, tell me, Was this about a blind love for AJ, Nationalism or love for the boxing culture?
I'm surprised you are so bothered about a match you have no personal stake in.
I like AJ yes, but I'm not so illogical to expect him to use the same approach that got him a loss in the previous fight. If he had lost while fighting 'impressively' as you wanted,I wonder how your satisfaction gets him his belts back!
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Millichamp(m): 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
johnmartus:
Very good grin

You like bad thing
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by johnmartus(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
Excuse me its a game. And its not for baby.
Millichamp:

You like bad thing
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Atandajugunu(m): 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
Joshua knws Ruiz has fast hands with combination so e fought to his advantages with height and long hands..in close range he grabs Andy Ruiz...
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by iPopAlomo(m): 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
Iamdmentor1:
Ruiz added so much weight. See belle. Did he think this was Suomi wrestling?

Those criticising Joshua for not delivering a knock out must think boxing is easy. It isn’t at all.

Besides, Ruiz was bent on knocking Joshua out and that was one of the reasons he lost.

You sabi... One alomo for you...
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Robenna(m): 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ruiz Jr's Face Was Like Smalling Destroying Messi's Face
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by koolaid87: 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
ddippset:
Like Samuel Peter abi?

Yea like Samuel Peter

Don't you know it takes a lot of balls to be the heavy weight champion of the world?
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Chubhie: 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
luminouz:

I'm surprised you are so bothered about a match you have no personal stake in.
I like AJ yes, but I'm not so illogical to expect him to use the same approach that got him a loss in the previous fight. If he had lost while fighting 'impressively' as you wanted,I wonder how your satisfaction gets him his belts back!
That he won or lost ain't my business. Of course AJ and Ruiz cashed out big. Enough money to last them a lifetime. For the culture, they should show respect and passion to the boxing culture.

Mayweather set this precedent and AJ seem to have mastered that. I've got no problems with that per say but when you guys try to smuggle the leg work and swift movements of Cassius Clay's fly like a butterfly and sting like bee mantra as what AJ adopted in that arena you see a historical disconnect.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Chubhie: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2019
Atandajugunu:
Joshua knws Ruiz has fast hands with combination so e fought to his advantages with height and long hands..in close range he grabs Andy Ruiz...
Height and long hands advantage yet he was running all around the ring away from a short guy. That's too much respect. Just like barca giving up possession and waiting on the counter.

With what's at stake, Ruiz should've been on the defensive and waiting to hit a desperate AJ who's anxious to reclaim the title. Instead, Ruiz showed passion and respect for the game.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Banter1(m): 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2019
post=84733171:

Next time, try not to quote us with such foolishness we beg you.
You can make your post without quoting Manna.

But whenever she jumped to your 'tiny instrument', you can come back to mention us.
Bye....for now!
sigh! lmao
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by faceland: 12:38am On Dec 09, 2019
They massacre him grin
Lazy fat cunt.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Niceiroko: 6:42am On Dec 09, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
That cut may have contributed to his loss.. It happened BTW Vitali klitchko and Lennox Lewis years ago. Lennox couldnt have beat vitali but for his bleeding eye ..

But Joshua knuckles no be here sha. Big and jagged!
Na you give am the cut or na AJ
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by ciencee(m): 6:58am On Dec 09, 2019
Uyi168:
Tactical master plan from AJ..
probably learnt that from mouriho..
Mouriho that couldn't beat Manchester united that sacked him?
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Atandajugunu(m): 8:55am On Dec 09, 2019
Chubhie:

Height and long hands advantage yet he was running all around the ring away from a short guy. That's too much respect. Just like barca giving up possession and waiting on the counter.

With what's at stake, Ruiz should've been on the defensive and waiting to hit a desperate AJ who's anxious to reclaim the title. Instead, Ruiz showed passion and respect for the game.
..Joshua has lost confidence I see him struggling against wilder,Tyson fury

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Deejaygold(m): 9:06am On Dec 09, 2019
the revenge PUNCH wink
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Konquest: 9:28am On Dec 09, 2019
NFarms:

What is the meaning of Oko mi?
^^^^
^^^^
OK let me assist you here...

"Oko" in Yoruba means "Husband"
"Iyawo" in Yoruba means "Wife"

"Oko mi" means "My Husband"
"Mi" means "My"

"Iyawo mi" means "My Wife"

On the other hand the "Oko" spelling can also have multiple
meanings in Yoruba based on diacritical marks and intonations
in Yoruba language.

Oko can mean a car, a hoe, a husband, the male
sex organ, and more, etc. grin

You can also use Google Translate to find out
the meanings of words you don't know in Yoruba
or any other major Nigerian and world languages.

Hope this helps... and have fun.

Congrats to AJ for becoming the 6th person in history
to reclaim his heavyweight title belts in living... just
like Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfied,
etc! grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Starboytwo(m): 10:02am On Dec 09, 2019
iJhoe:

There were times when I looked in Andy's eyes and I wanted to put my fist through his head," Joshua said.

"But this is boxing. It's dangerous. I had a gameplan, I had a strategy and I wanted to follow it through.

"I can knock people out when I want to, and I can box when I want to. Tonight was just about winning.

"If I box for the crowd, or box for other people's opinions, I might not have been victorious. So I'm just going to follow my game plan to the end

I quess u were expecting a bombarding display of AJ beating him to the pulp like his baby. Somewhat tactically, both of ' em had game plans but, it boils down to which of the plan materializes at the end of the day. Be reminded, that Ruiz has the swift firepower sobwasbthe reason he was enacting and charging towards to throw his sniping jabs. he even had added another 15lkg to knockbJoshua out whilst in less time while Joshua had to shed weight to be fleet-footed coupled with his height, swiftness and arm-length so he had to keep him at a distance. At the of the day who wins and whose game plan suffices is what matters. So, it worked for AJ SFSG.
nice analysis, I see things differently now... Ruiz was a dangerous fighter.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by wamide042(m): 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nicklaus619:
My man AJ cool

One guy was busy saying that dj cuppy was seated by his side crying and a shouting oko mi. Oko mi through out the match
Laugh wan kee me grin

Cuppy and AJ are cousins......... if you’re doubting....
Check their family background
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by koolaid87: 9:59am On Dec 10, 2019
ddippset:
Like Samuel Peter abi?

Most of the greats got their a55 whopped when they passed their prime

Casual, Peter was a former heavy weight champion of the world. The first Afrikan to achieved that

So always put respek on his name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Messi Shaves His Beard As Enthusiastic Barca Stars Train Before La Liga Return / Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.